BSC Food Technology Distance Education Admission 2021, Fee, Eligibility | Apply Now: BSc or Bachelor of Science in Food Technology is a three-year distance course studied in the science stream. Its duration can vary from three to five years based on college and course curriculum. In this study program, advanced and efficient techniques are used to preserve, process, and manufacture food items. Generally, eligibility of 50% marks in intermediate on full merit is required for this kind of distance course. BSc Food Technology distance program opens up a window of opportunities for its graduates.
What is BSc Food Technology Distance Education?
BSc in Food Technology Distance Education is the most rewarding UG degree course of three years. It takes a total of six semesters for completion. The most notable characteristic of this course is that it is less expensive than regular courses. Secondly, it gives you the option of studying at any available location. The third benefit is that it allows you to be more flexible with your schedule. BSc Food Technology Distance Admissions are based on merit without the conductance of an entrance exam. Food Technology is a field that combines streams such as food science, home science, engineering, and hotel management. Students in this course learn to preserve, manufacture, and different process type of food items. It has great importance in India, which is mostly dependent on Agriculture. Students interested to study master’s in food technology can opt for MSc in Food Technology.
BSc Courses Offered By IMTS Institute:
BSC Food Technology Distance Education Admission Highlights:
|Course Name||BSC Food Technology|
|UG /PG Courses||UG Courses|
|Approved||UGC | MHRD|
|Minimum Eligibility||12th PCM/PCB from a recognized Board|
|Exam Mandatory||Online | Offline|
|Minimum Fee||20,000 INR|
|Maximum Fee||50,000 INR|
|Document attestation||Yes | Cost will extra|
|Whatsapp us For Admission||https://wa.me/919210989898|
|Apply for admission||Apply for admission|
BSc Food Technology Distance Education Admission 2021, Education Modes, Fees, Scope:
- BSc Food Technology Fee: The fee charged in Indian institutes for the 3-year BSc Food Technology program is varying between an average range of INR 20000 to 50000. Also, there may be variations in this amount depending on the college criteria.
- Education Modes: BSc Food Technology in Distance mode is a flexible choice for candidates; however, this is also studied in all other available study modes.
- Indian institutes accept the applications of students for this distance mode program if they have obtained 50% or more in the 10+2 class. All courses taught in the distance mode do not require passing an entrance exam for admissions.
- BSc Food Technology Scope: There are study options after this course, such as MSc Food Technology and M-Tech Food Technology. Its scope is also at the Ph.D. level; students can conduct various research studies in food technology. This field has a job scope in various multi-national companies.
A candidate who wants to be eligible to apply for BSc Food Technology distance courses must have cleared 12th level qualification. It is obligatory that this education must be certified by a known board of education. The student’s main study subject in the 12th class must have been Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. Relaxation is there for SC/ST aspirants of 5% marks, and thus 45% marks are required from them. However, general candidates must be having at least 50% marks.
BSc Food Technology Distance Education | IMTS Institute:
BSc in Food Technology distance program is AICTE and UGC affiliated degree program. This course is taught through the directorate of distance education of the respective college or university. When applying for a course, it is necessary to choose the top most institute for study. The Institute of Management & Technical Studies is one of the top institutes that offer BSc Food Technology in distance mode.
Why Should One Do a BSc in Food Technology?
There are various benefits to earning a B.Sc. in Food Technology degree. Some reasons to pursue this degree are:
- BSc FT gives learners a thorough understanding of the technical methodologies of raw food components.
- It helps students in grasping basic concepts such as microbiological and physicochemical qualities of food.
- It also aids pupils in comprehending various food processing and preservation methods.
- A Food Technology graduate can readily find a variety of entry-level positions. They can be employed in Hotels & Restaurants, Research & Development Centers, logistics Dept., Production Management Firms, Marketing & Quality Assurance Companies, Universities, and Colleges. In these firms, they can get jobs like Food Technologist, Technical Brewist, and Organic Chemist.
- Those who want to continue their study in the field of Food Technology can get an M.Sc. in this study area and easily advance their careers in the public and commercial sectors. In this program, students learn about a number of subjects such as Nutrition, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology, etc.
- Students can also specialize in Cereals, Dairy, Sugar, Alcohol, Cereals, Fruits, Bakery & Confectionery, Oil & Oil Seed Processing, Fruits & Vegetables, and Meat & Fish Processing.
Job, Scope & Salary:
Depending on each graduate’s experience in this sector, a yearly starting average salary of INR 05 to 08 lacs is offered. They can choose career job options from one of Food Technologist, Technical Brewist, and Organic Chemist. These types of jobs are offered by various private and government companies. Experts in this field also get a huge scope and chance of employment in numerous foreign countries.
BSc in Food Technology Syllabus:
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Basics of Food Microbiology||Concentrated and Dehydrated Milk Products|
|Food Hygiene and Sanitation||Fermented and Coagulated Milk Products|
|Fundamentals of Food Processing||Food Analysis|
|Introduction to Food Chemistry||Fundamentals of Milk Processing|
|Normal and Therapeutic Nutrition||Laws of Food and Quality Assurance|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|Bakery and Confectionery Products||Introduction to Business Laws and Ethics|
|Post-harvest Physiology and Handling of Fruits and Vegetables||Introduction to Finance, Accounts, and Auditing|
|Principles of Fruits and Vegetables Technology||Packaging of Fresh and Processed Fruits|
|The technology of Cereals and Millets||Processed Fruits and Vegetable Products|
|The technology of Pulses and Oilseeds||The technology of Spices and Plantation Products|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Food Additives||Emerging Technologies in Food Processing|
|Food Chemistry||Enzymology lab|
|Food Packaging||Food Dehydration Technology|
|Food Refrigeration and Cold Storage Technology||Lab Analysis of Food Lab|
|Sugar and Confectionery Technology||Protein Chemistry and Technology|
|Courses are approved by which body||Course are approved by UGC / DEB / AICTE / BAR / PCI any or all the respective bodies as applicable.|
|Admission Process||Online admission process|
|Need to Visit office for admission||Not compulsory, if student want than they can.|
|Books & Study process||E Books & online Study|
|Examination||Online & Offline both as applicable or chosen by students|
|How to Get my Id card?||Id card Will come in Student login|
|How can I take Classes?||Online in Students Login|
|Is transfer of credit available?||Yes, dropout students of any other university or college can continue their studies.|
|Do this course is in Distance mode?||Both Distance and regular, you can choose as per your convenient|
|Examination Mode||Exam will be in 2 parts 40% assignment & 60% written or optional as per university.|
|To whom I can Call for Admission?||You can contact to IMTS INSTITUTE @ +91 - 9210989898|
|After Admission who will provide me assistance?||IMTS Service Department will take care for books, id cards and Examination Process. our Team will help you in all steps.|
|Graduation Admission||Post-Graduation Admission|
|1. 10th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate||1. 10th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate|
|2. 12th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate||2. 12th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate|
|3. 2 Passport Size Photo||3. Graduation Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate|
|4. Id Proof (Aadhar Card / Driving Licence / Voter ID Card)||4. 2 Passport Size Photo|
|5. Id Proof (Aadhar Card / Driving Licence / Voter ID Card)|