MMLT Course Admission 2023: A Master’s degree in medical lab technology (MMLT) is a two-year PG degree program. It has been developed to offer knowledge in the diagnostic testing of the body, and blood fluids in clinical laboratories. Candidates who are associated with the master’s degree of MMLT will have a huge opportunity to work and learn alongside.
The tuition for the class is anywhere between 30,000 and 40,000* Indian Rupees on an annual basis, on average. Students who complete the programme with a passing grade have a good chance of finding work as Laboratory Technicians, Anesthesia Technicians, MRI Technicians, Pathologists, Medical Technicians, X-Ray Technicians, and Optical Laboratory Technicians, among other medical-related positions.
The starting wage for medical technicians is somewhere between 23,000 and 35,000 Indian Rupees (INR) per month. An individual can even garner an annual salary package of INR 6 Lacs and higher if they have a decent amount of expertise under their belt.
The regular program of MMLT is taught for a maximum duration of two years. Applicants can take admission to the medical laboratory technology program after grabbing a graduation degree in BSC from any approved university in India. The average fee for this Master in Medical Lab Technology program in private colleges is INR 60,000 to INR 1,10,000. A debit card/credit card, net banking, demand draft, etc., can be used for the deposit of program fees.
MMLT is taught in the following structure: theory, practice, and viva. The program syllabus includes Medial Hematology, Medial Histopathology, Medical Microbiology, Medical Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Instrumentation, clinical pathology, etc. Each subject includes theory and practical marks. Thus, students will need to pass both to complete the PG degree program in medical lab technology.
The degree in the MMLT will allow candidates to raise the bar of their studies. Aspirants can choose any stream-related advanced program to provide solidity, and stability to their educational profile. Available options for higher learning after PG degree in the MMLT are MSC Nuclear Medicine Technology, Medical Technology, Clinical Genetics & Medical Technology, and more. The mentioned course fee varies hence students can read the complete article to get an idea of the fees.
Candidates who have managed to get a PG degree in the MMLT will have several options from a professional point of view. The candidates can go for the jobs such as CT Scan Technician, X-Ray Technician, MRI Technician, Renal Dialysis Technician, Radiology Technician, and more. An average salary for MMLT-based professionals finds between INR 2.8 to INR 6 LPA.
Students can learn about the admission process of MMLT, eligibility, entrance test, fee, duration, and much more in the article ahead.
MMLT Course Highlights
|MMLT full form||Masters of Medical Laboratory Technology|
|Admission||Entrance/ Merit Based|
|Salary||INR 2.8 to 3.5 Lakhs|
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 50%
What is MMLT?
MMLT full form of Masters of Medical Laboratory Technology. MMLT is a medically trained course that teaches students the theory and practice of using medical lab tests to diagnose, treat, and mitigate a variety of ailments. Learners will be able to diagnose and treat diseases, as well as the numerous successful therapies, during this two-year Master’s degree.
Students of the MMLT course also get to learn about the gathering and sample selection of sensitive information and running tests, paperwork, and tracking. They research ailments and the implementation of various equipment in medical laboratories to test clinical performance.
MMLT Course Details
- MMLT is the abbreviation used for Masters of Medical Laboratory Technology.
- It is a course of study provided at the post-graduation level with a time frame of 2 years. The study program is taught and separated into four academic sessions called the semester.
- This study also provides aspirants with the necessary skills and knowledge to operate sophisticated lab tools.
- To get enrolled in this course, students must have a UG degree in science with almost 50% marks at least. Based on merit, the estimated yearly cost for MMLT varies between INR 30,000 to INR 40,000 PA.
- Degree holders of this subject might very well work in medical labs as Technologists or Technicians. Clinical specialists are recruited by private clinics, public hospitals, care facilities, and health centres with medical laboratories.
- Students can be employed as Medical Phlebotomists, Biochemist, Lab Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist, Clinical Lab Technologist, Phlebotomists, Clinical Laboratory Technician, Medical Laboratory technicians, and soon.
- MMLT degree holders are also sought after by promotional clinical laboratories and pathology laboratories. According to their experience in this industry, the mean annual income for such degree holders varies between INR 2 and INR 10 LPA.
All about MMLT Course
MMLT is a postgraduate study where students learn about multiple diagnosis processes and disease treatment therapies. During the program, MMLT pupils undertake multiple clinical analyses of bodily secretions, including immunology, bacteriology, haematology, and microscopic and chemical examinations. Clinical Endocrinology & Toxicology Lab, Diagnostic Cytology, Diagnostic Molecular Biology Lab, and other labs are part of the MMLT program’s syllabus.
Learners who finish this course will have the skills they need to run labs, management consulting firms, and outpatient health institutions. They will also be able to work in a variety of academic, health centres, and public settings. How well a technician or technologist does in school determines what kinds of jobs they can get in this field.
Why Student should study MMLT Course?
MMLT is among the best education programs for learners who would like to operate in the medical domain because degree holders will move through the right skills and obtain the necessary skills. Hereunder are some considerations that pupils must bear in mind when deciding on an MMLT program:
MMLT is among the best and highly demanded studies for applicants interested in the medical field.
It is intended to provide pupils with the theory and practice of Toxicology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Hematology, Blood Bank, Cytology, and other related fields. Medical laboratory personnel is critical to the smooth operation of any particularly acute health centre.
Students interested in studying this class would have to have strong analytical expertise and the capability to follow instructions correctly. Most of their activities, including preparing presentations, tissue samples, or even other samples obtained, are performed by MMLT degree holders utilizing laboratory instruments.
Understudies with a context and competence in science, instruments, laboratory equipment, and the capacity to choose a web browser as well as it is software products successfully will excel in this journey.
When to pursue MMLT?
- MMLT can be taken at the right time, that is when a student completes his graduation.
- Immediately the student, after taking a BSc degree, must be enrolled in MMLT if he desires to complete his master’s as soon as possible.
- This course is also suitable to pursue when you are already in a related field and want to enhance your professional skills.
Which job is best after the MMLT course?
Students have the opportunity to work both in the government and private sectors. They can work in various posts like Diagnostic Lab Manager, Pharmacy Technicians, Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technicians, etc. Numerous jobs are available in the medical sector and students can apply after completing the degree. These jobs are also providing decent salary packages to students.
Types of MMLT Course
Students can choose from a variety of study options for MMLT courses, including full-time, part-time, and online study options. It is a regular mode of learning in which students have to attend classes regularly at the college or campus. It is worth noting that many universities in India offer regular education for MMLT programs. In some universities, MMLT courses are offered in a part-time mode, so in case students are unable to attend college on a regular basis, they can opt for a part-time MMLT program instead.
Full-Time MMLT Course
Full-Time MMLT Course is the most common type of academic learning at the postgraduate level, and this course lasts for two years and is offered by many full-time universities. The academic fee of the full-time MMLT course is INR 30,000 to INR 40,000 per year.
It teaches students everything, students need to understand regarding lab technician scientific knowledge and the processes for sensing pathogenic microbes and accurately identifying people for a possible cure.
A graduate of the Master of Medical Laboratory Technology (MMLT) program has a good chance of finding a meaningful position in the government or private sector. The average salary of these students can range from INR 2 lakhs per year to INR 5 lakhs per year when they are employed.
Part-Time MMLT Course
Students can now enroll in the part-time MMLT course to get easy learning. It has the same duration but can be changed based on the student’s interests. Many students in India choose to study in part-time mode.
Trending Online Courses in India 2023
|Online BA||Online MA|
|Online BBA||Online MBA|
|Online BCA||Online MCA|
|Online BSC||Online MCOM|
|Online BCOM||Online Diploma|
The curriculum aims to teach practical and theoretical skills related to different human body functions, disease pathogenesis, the process of ailment conception, and methods of identifying and treating it using diverse diagnostic laboratory testing. As there is a good need for testing laboratories in both towns and cities, self-practicing or possessing a Diagnostic Testing lab is now a satisfying job opportunity.
Online MMLT Course
Online MMLT is a degree program offered at various universities across India or Abroad. It is an excellent opportunity for students who want to take classes at the office, at home, or anywhere else. There are institutes that offer MMLT courses at different fee structures.
The duration of the online MMLT course in such a type of learning can be lesser than the normal MMLT courses. Likewise, the tuition fee for online MMLT courses is not higher than for normal MMLT courses. Because of the development of India’s medical sector, the demand for medical technologists is increasing. People with degrees have ample chances in government/private health facilities, nursing facility centres, blood banks, pathology research labs, etc.
MMLT Admission 2023
- Admission to MMLT Course is generally offered based on entrance test performance. It is advised to appear in the entrance test before applying to MMLT Course.
- At some institutes, the final merit list will be prepared based on various stages like Group discussion, written tests & interviews.
- Students must fulfill the criteria explained for the MMLT program; otherwise, the application will get rejected.
- Students must perform well in the board exam and graduation level exam of the respective university or college to be considered for performance.
- Retain the intended higher education institutions in your brain as you pinpoint a list of leading MMLT institutes in India.
- Continue applying at the moment, or the institution in question will turn down the request.
- Maintain oneself informed on the most recent date of registration, admission test deadline, entry time frame, Qualifications, etc., such that individuals do not even forget any essential admittance specifics.
- To succeed in the admission test, go over the online site of the selected universities and extensively review the teaching plan.
Distance MMLT Admission Process
- To take admissions to a distance MMLT program, one must fulfill the required eligibility criteria. Students are granted merit-based type admissions, and students must meet the criteria given below:
- Every candidate should complete a BSc degree in any field of science or BMLT, and it must be confirmed that the students have secured 50% minimum marks in the last qualifying exam.
- Apart from the merit criteria, students are informed that they will not appear in any entrance exam.
- An age limit is not provided; students can apply at any age.
MMLT Course Eligibility Criteria
The entry requirements for MMLT courses will vary from one institution to the next. Even so, an overall enrolment criterion can be developed that will apply to the majority of the elite universities. The following are the admission requirements for the program:
- Applicants must complete graduation with a related subject from an academic institution or BMLT.
- To be qualified for the acceptance session, the applicant should have received a least cumulative rating of 50%.
- A viable admission test rating is needed for the ultimate acceptance session, accompanied by another session of counselling or a questionnaire method session.
MMLT Entrance Exams
MMLT admissions are based on the entrance exam as per the criteria of various Indian colleges. The level of such exams can be different these include university-level, state-level, or national-level entrance exams.
- CUCET: The Central University Common Entrance Test is a test conducted for admissions at 14 central universities in India. This exam is organized once a year, and the level of this exam is national. It is expected that the application process for the CUCET entrance exam will remain open from the 2nd week of March to its last week in the year 2023. The test gives learners a solitary ability to offer admission to such participating universities. The National Testing Agency or NTA conducts CUCET.
- AUCET: The Andhra University Common Entrance Test is conducted for admissions to numerous UG and PG courses, and Andhra University annually conducts this exam. The applications for AUCET will be made available by Andhra University in the mid of March 2023. The registration cost for General category Aspirants is INR 600. To pertain to the exam, applicants should have a legitimate 10+2 credential.
Syllabus of MMLT Entrance Exam
The syllabus for the various entrance exam like CUCET, AUCET, and others for the year 2023 may be varying. Almost all exams conducted for MMLT admissions have a common subject curriculum, and it is provided to students so that they can be prepared for the exam in the exact path and manner. The common subjects given in the MMLT entrance exam syllabus are Biology, Physics, and Chemistry. Every type of exam follows the English language as the medium for the paper, and the queries that come in the paper are of the MCQ type. Almost a time frame of 120 minutes is given to students to solve this paper.
MMLT Course Syllabus
Master of Medical Laboratory Technology is a PG program that takes almost two years to complete. There are four semesters in which the whole syllabus is separated. Most of the subjects taught in this course include Diagnostic Cytology, Diagnostic Molecular Biology Lab, Clinical Endocrinology & Toxicology Lab, and many more. The semester-wise curriculum is given as:
- The first semester subjects are Blood Banking and Immunopathology, Analytical and Physical Biochemistry, Advanced Microbiology, Endocrinology, Metabolic and Nutritional Biochemistry, etc.
- In the second semester, one will learn about LMT, Molecular Biology, Advanced Haematology, Systematic Bacteriology, Diagnostic Microbiology, etc.
- Medical Parasitology, Clinical Biochemistry, Clinical Pathology & Cytogenetics, Mycology & Virology, and Histopathology & Cytopathology are subjects in the third semester.
- Students will be taught in the last semester’s Biostatics and Epidemiology and Systematic Bacteriology & Diagnostic Microbiology. It also includes the submission of the Dissertation.
MMLT Colleges in India
The number of MMLT colleges in India varies significantly based on the state/region. After completing the 12th board examination, one can enroll in the LLB course by following the admissions procedure described above on this page. Some of the most famous Colleges which are located in Delhi, Haryana, Bhopal, Bihar, Nagpur, MP, and so on are listed below:
Top MMLT Colleges in Delhi
Students can find almost 14 colleges in Delhi where MMLT courses can be taken, including 13 private and one public MMLT college. Major of them take admission on a merit basis but some of them consider entrance test scores. Here, the tuition fee ranges from INR 30,000 to INR 40,000 annually:
- Jamia Hamdard University
- University College of Medical Science
- Galgotias University
- Amity University
- Starex University
- Santosh University
- SGT University
- Max Healthcare Education
- Rajiv Gandhi Paramedical Institute
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Subharti Medical College
Top MMLT Colleges in UP
Uttar Pradesh has some of the best leading MMLT colleges. Major colleges grant admission through the entrance test. The range fee in Mumbai MMLT colleges is INR 30,000 to 74,000 LPA. Top MMLT Colleges in UP include:
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Banaras Hindu University
- Amity University
- Ewing Christian College
- Sam Higginbottom University of Agriculture, Technology and Sciences
- King George Medical University
- Galgotias University
- Teerthanker Mahaveer University
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Science
MMLT Colleges in Haryana
There are some of the best MMLT colleges in Haryana. Many of these colleges offer this course through an entrance exam. In order to take admission to any college students must complete all the required eligibility criteria. The MMLT courses at the colleges of Haryana can be pursued with a tuition fee of INR 30,000 to INR 70,000. Students can pursue the MMLT course in Haryana in different colleges including:
- Al Falah university
- Maharishi Markandeshwar University
- Goswami Ganesh Dutta Sanatan Dharma College
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research
- PGIMS Rohtak
- DAV College
- Chandigarh University
- Amity Universit
MMLT Colleges in West Bengal
In West Bengal, the MMLT course is available at various colleges like PGIMS, Haldia Institute of Health Sciences, WBUHS & more. These colleges are famous for providing quality MMLT courses at an affordable fee. More than 20+ government and 35+ private medical institutes in West Bengal offers MMLT course.
MMLT Colleges in Hyderabad
There are many colleges in Hyderabad that offer MMLT studies. A few of the top MMLT colleges in Hyderabad include Santosh College, Kakatiya University, AWARE College of Nursing, AWARE College of Medical Lab Technology, etc. All these colleges are renowned for quality education.
MMLT Colleges in Haryana
In Haryana, There are various private and government Universities which offer these courses including PGIMS Rohtak, Chandigarh University, LPU, Amity University etc. Those students who have UG degrees with 50% easily can opt for this course at any Haryana University.
Career Prospects of M.Sc Medical Lab Technology
After obtaining a master’s degree in medical laboratory technology, your options are diverse and extensive. Expertise and market need are the primary factors that determine the breadth of the scope of an M.S. in Medical Laboratory Technology degree in India. Jobs that require a Master of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology can be found in a wide variety of settings. Some selective Job profiles are mentioned below:
- Operations Manager
- Lab Technician
- Biomedical Analyst
- Research Scientist
MMLT Salary Per Month
Upon finishing the Master of Medical Laboratory Technology (MMLT) program, graduates can pursue lucrative career paths such as Phlebotomist, Medical Laboratory Technician, Biochemist, and Lab Technologist, among others. Several leading institutions in India offer placement aid to MMLT graduates. Renowned Indian firms such as Unilever, Dabur, and Apollo provide MMLT professionals with competitive salaries. On average, MMLT graduates can anticipate earning a monthly income ranging from Rs 35,000 to Rs 55,000.
What are MMLT Job Options?
- Candidates who have completed the MMLT programme are likely to be offered challenging employment opportunities in both the private and public sectors.
- The healthcare industry, including private and public hospitals, pathology labs, nursing homes, and blood bank centers, offers a wealth of opportunities to individuals who have earned degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Question 1: MMLT is a doctor, right?
Ans: No, Lab technicians work with doctors but they are not doctors.
Question 2: After completing MMLT, will I be able to start my own lab?
Ans: Having graduated with MMLT (Master’s degree in medical lab technology), there are no problems or hazards regarding the establishment of your own diagnostic laboratory.
Question 3: Is it a good idea to take MMLT?
Ans: MMLT is a good course since it diversifies with new technology and employment options, and a person can have a secure position in private and public hospitals, diagnostic centres, and laboratories.
Question 4: Where can MMLT professionals find work, and what kinds of jobs are available to them?
Ans: Hospitals, clinics, blood testing labs, pharmaceutical labs, and other similar establishments are among the most common places where medical laboratory technicians find work.
Question 5: What is the normal salary range for MMLTs?
Ans: Students with an MMLT can work in a well-known hospital as Laboratory Assistants, Medical Technicians, etc, and make an average salary package of INR 6 Lacs per year.
Question 6: What is the salary after completing the MMLT course in West Bengal?
Ans: After completing the MMLT course in West Bengal, the average salary would be INR 6 LPA. some organizations offer high salaries as well as per candidate capability.