BCA Course: A Bachelor of Computer Application or BCA is a three-year undergraduate course offered in distance, regular, and online modes by UGC-approved universities with a primary focus on programming, information technology, and computer science. To be eligible for admission to the BCA course, the student should have 10+2 in math or related subjects; the selection criteria for the BCA program is based on merit or entrance exams varying from university to university. It is recommended for interested candidates to complete the application process by 30 January 2024.
BCA Course Latest Updates
- Apply now for the IMTS Institute BCA program before the 29 Feb 2024 deadline.
- Subharti University invites applications for the BCA batch of 2024 before the 28th Feb 2024 deadline. Limited seats!
- SKU University announces BCA admissions for 2024. Last date 26th Feb 2024.
- NIILM University opens BCA admissions. Submit applications by extended deadline of 28th Feb 2024.
- Mangalayatan University commences BCA admissions for the 2024-25 academic year. Apply till 29 Feb 2024.
- William Carey University starts the BCA admission process for the 2024-25 batch. Apply before 27th Feb 2024.
Bachelor of Computer Applications or BCA is a 3-year undergraduate degree program in the field of Computer Applications and Information Technology (IT). BCA aims to provide students with comprehensive knowledge of computing, programming languages, tools, databases, operating systems, etc. To pursue BCA, one must have completed 10+2 in any stream with Mathematics as a subject with minimum 45-50% aggregate marks in most colleges. Admission to the BCA course is done either on the basis of entrance exams like CUET, IPU-CET, SET or through merit of qualifying examination marks.
The average fee for a BCA course starts from INR 12,000 per year; this course trains students as Software Developers and Web Designers and includes subjects like Computer Fundamentals, C Programming, and Management principles.
- Skill Development: BCA students will gain knowledge about Computer applications, programming, databases, and Operating systems.
- Career Opportunities: Once the students complete the BCA course, they will be all set to work in the IT sector with an average salary of 3.5 LPA – 8.5 LPA.
- Curriculum: The curriculum of BCA course is up-to-date and as per the latest technological advancements. Some major topics include Operating Systems, Shell Scripting, SQL, Java, and databases.
- Flexibility: The flexible teaching and supportive environment will make it much easier for students to study.
- Eligibility: After completing their 10+2 or equivalent examination, Students will meet the requirements. Just be sure to check if Students have any specific subject requirements like mathematics or computer science if Students plan on taking a BCA program.
- Fee Structure: The fee for the BCA course is pretty affordable, ranging from ₹12,000 to ₹25,000.
BCA Course Highlights
|Bachelor of Computer Applications
|Systems, programming languages, and computer networks in a three-year undergraduate programme.
|50% in 10+2 with English, Maths required.
|No IMTS entrance examinations.
|All UGC, AICTE, DEB
|Free 20-minute call consultation, personalised course selection, as per budget- and approval-based university options
|Computer Fundamentals, C Programming, Management Principles, Organisation Behaviour, etc.
|Web designers, system analysts, software developers, etc.
|IT, Wipro, Infosys, Capgemini, NIIT, HCL, TCS, Accenture, etc.
Why study the BCA Course From IMTS?
IMTS Institute, one of the top providers of distance learning and online degree programs, has a distinguished and rich history spanning more than one and a half decades and has assisted over 55,000+ students in reaching their objectives. A 17-year successful history speaks for itself as it shows the success of thousands of students.
IMTS Institute has a superb passing rate that stays at approximately 99 per cent. The Institute adheres to all guidelines set forth by the UGC and other educational authorities. IMTS was created to assist a group of individuals who require genuine guidance in order to achieve academic excellence and a bright future.
What is the BCA Course?
Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) is a three-year program in Computer Applications. Those who are looking for the BCA Course Salary can check out this article and find out which career is best for them. BCA Graduates can easily expect a salary of Rs 4 lakhs to 8 lakhs per year, and even more than that, it totally depends on the experience, location, etc.
After completing a BCA Course from a renowned university, students can make their careers as Data Scientists, Digital marketers, Cybersecurity, Computer scientists, and many more. Due to the growth of the IT sector, BCA graduates have good employment opportunities and professional advancement. Students receive comprehensive training in computer applications over the course of three years. Courses include Operating Systems, Java Programming, Computer Networks, Accessing databases, and Programming Languages.
The BCA degree encompasses a wide range of subjects, including networking, data structures, programming languages, and insights into careers in IT and software development. Within the BCA course, students have the opportunity to specialize in various areas. Some of the specializations available include Network Systems, Internet Technologies, Computer Graphics, System Analysis, and Database Management Systems. Additionally, BCA specializations can involve in-depth study of programming languages such as HTML, Java, C++, and more.
BCA Course Details
- Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) is a three-year duration UG degree.
- Students need a 12th-level qualification in the field of science or Mathematics as the main subject with at least 40% marks.
- The selection for the BCA course is either done through merit scores or admission tests conducted at University or national levels.
- CUET UG, KIITEE, CET, etc are the popular entrance test for BCA courses.
- There are many colleges in India from which a BCA degree can be pursued with a fee starting from INR 12,000 per annum.
- The syllabus of BCA is entirely composed of programming and networking. Some subjects in the BCA curriculum are computer networks, data structure, operating systems, hardware lab, client-server computing, UML, OOAD, etc.
- One can study MBA in Information Management and an MCA after completing a BCA.
Is BCA a Good Course?
Undoubtedly, a Bachelor of computer application is a good course for students. Every student may have a unique overview of the BCA program, but some common reasons are listed below to answer the question, is BCA a good course after 12th?
- In India, more than 30% of students prefer a BCA degree as a good course after passing class 12th.
- This course is highly job-oriented, not only in IT but in many other sectors.
- BCA is comparable with B-tech in many ways, but the difference here is the only duration for completing the two courses, which is three years for BCA and four years for B-Tech.
- Many institutes provide BCA degrees in computer science, data analytics, data science, and other high-demand specializations.
- This course provides you with the opportunity to make a robust career by joining a job after graduation or enrolling in an MCA program.
- Learners develop proficiency in widely used programming languages like C++, Java, Python, Linux, CSS, and others while improving their technological expertise.
- A student with a BCA education is in short supply because the workforce is being substituted by technology and the need for highly skilled professionals and experts to function and operate.
- At the beginning of any profession, the salary for BCA graduates can be INR 300000 to INR 700000. The salary can be increased by 30 to 40% after getting experience in a related industry and can be in the range of INR 500000 to INR 900000.
When Should I Pursue the BCA Course?
If you have completed 10+2, you can pursue a BCA degree. Students who wish to pursue MCA after 12th grade will also benefit from this program. If a student wishes to earn an MCA degree after completing their Senior Secondary School education, he or she may study for a BCA with an MCA integrated degree. It is also possible to earn this degree through diploma programs.
Types of BCA Course
A diverse array of Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) programs is found in numerous educational Institutes; right now, Computer and Information Technology courses are more in demand. Applicants can pursue BCA courses in various types like Full Time, Part Time, and Online BCA Courses. Below we mentioned all types of courses offered by institutions.
Full-time BCA Course
Full-time BCA is an undergraduate study course offered by most Indian institutes for three years.
- The majority of students in India choose to pursue their BCA degrees full-time.
- The range of tuition fees in the case of full-time BCA courses is around INR 2 to INR 3 LPA.
- The requirement to get BCA admission is having a passing certificate of 12th class.
- The marking requirement is 50% for general and 45% for the scheduled caste candidates.
- Entrance exams are also conducted at the regional, institute, or national level as admission criteria.
Part-Time BCA Course
Part-Time BCA is a bachelor’s degree program specifically designed for students who have no access to regular degree courses.
- The reasons for having difficult access to regular courses may be financial constraints, time management issues, and many others.
- Part-time BCA Course is available at various universities like IGNOU, MDU, Kurukshetra University & more.
- Many advantages are linked with this kind of learning (Part-time), and the important one is the equal opportunities it provides to its graduates.
- The eligibility criteria for part-time BCA admission are not much complicated; it is based on the last degree’s marks.
Online BCA Course
Online BCA is an internet-based learning program. It is also provided at the UG level in many colleges.
- The duration of online BCA can extend from three years, and it can take a maximum duration of six years for completion.
- Admission is offered through merit, and the marks of students in the 10+2 level are considered.
- The fee for an online BCA is much lower than a full-time BCA degree program.
- Some institutes may provide direct admission without any requirements. Online BCA is one of the trending course available at Manipal University, Amity University, Chandigarh University & Mysore University.
BCA Course Admission 2024
BCA Admission 2024 begins at some of the top universities in India. Candidates can currently go and apply to IMTS Institute, NIILM University, Mangalayatan University, William Carey University, and so on. Candidates need to submit an application or registration form for admission with a fee that generally ranges from INR 500 to INR 1,500. The amount (registration fee) needs to be deposited through online or offline payment modes.
If aspirants wish to get admission to the three-year BCA full-time undergraduate degree program, it is normally required that they pass the 12th examination with a background study of mathematics. The university-wise eligibility criteria for this undergraduate program in computer applications will soon be shared in the article.
BCA Course Fees
The Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) undergraduate degree program fees vary in the following manner.
- A one-year fee for the BCA degree program at private universities reaches up to INR 52,000.
- The government-allied and state university fees for the BCA degree program range from INR 12,000 to INR 46,000 per year.
- Normally, the fee for the regular BCA degree program is seen as expensive if compared to other forms, i.e., online or distance learning.
BCA students are admitted through merit and entrance tests. Class 12 math marks must be 45–50%., business or arts stream in order to be eligible for the BCA degree program. Applicants must also be at least 18 years old. In addition to that, they should have completed the necessary amount of mathematics coursework. In order to participate in the BCA program, you need to have a grade point average of at least 35 per cent.
At the point of admission, the majority of standard educational establishments, including colleges and universities, administer examinations at the point of entry for BCA degree programs. Admission to top BCA programmes is based on CUET, SET, IPU CET, MET, and other tests. They evaluate candidates’ relevant knowledge and aptitude.
BCA Course Salary
A Bachelor of Computer Application fresher can expect a salary of around INR 3 lacs annually but with experience, individuals can easily earn around INR 7 lacs per annum. Salary in this field is determined on the basis of job profile, organization, and experience. Graduates from BCA courses can secure positions in the IT sector with a good salary package.
If anyone wants to study the BCA degree program without passing the entrance examination, they can do so by applying to the IMTS Institutes.
BCA Course Specializations
The BCA undergraduate degree program offers numerous specializations such as “data science,” “system analysis,” “software engineering,” “marketing,” and “computer networks,” and more. Some of the most popular specializations among BCA students are discussed below.
BCA in Data Science:
Data science has become a rapidly growing field in recent years it is a very suitable program for BCA students. Using data to maximize customer satisfaction and spending is just beginning to be realized by companies. The implications of this field are wide-ranging, especially in consumer-driven industries.
The BCA in Data Science has a duration of three years in which students learn specifically about database management systems, machine learning, and so much more. Jain Deemed-to-be University, CMR University, Sage University, and so on, are options for aspiring students to study in the BCA Data Science program. The cost or fee of this full-time Data Science program ranges from INR 32,000 to INR 1,25,000 annually.
BCA in Software Engineering:
The course is efficiently designed to technically teach C programming, operating systems, multimedia systems, web-based application development, and so much more. The course fee is found in the range of INR 28,900 to INR 89,000 annually. The program in software engineering is available at Roorkee Institute of Technology, Saveetha Engineering College, Indian Institute of Information Technology, Thiruchirrapalli.
BCA Entrance Exam 2024
Several institutions choose potential candidates based on merit in the Best BCA Admission Test. A few of these admission tests are at the college level, while others are at the national level. Some popular entrance exams for BCA course are given below:
SET: Symbiosis University is the conducting body for the SET entrance exam. This test is administered for admission to various UG courses including BCA. For the upcoming admission, the SET exam are now organized in May or June 2024.
IPU CET: IPU CET is an admission test conducted at the university level to offer entries for UG and PG programs in Engineering, Dentistry, Medicine, Management, and Law.
CUET UG: Common University Entrance Test for BCA course admission will be accepted widely by various private and government colleges/institutes.
SUAT: Sharda University conducts the SUAT entrance exam each year. It is conducted for BCA as well as for other UG courses. The university announced the SUAT application process in February 2024.
BUMAT: It is the national-level exam and is called as Bharati Vidyapeeth Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test.
GSAT: To pursue BCA admission, students will appear in the entrance exam like GSAT. For appearing in this exam, eligibility of 10+2 is required to be secured by each candidate.
BCA Entrance Exam Syllabus
There may be some differences between the national or university-level BCA entrance exam syllabus, but they are almost identical in terms of their major sections. An entrance exam for BCA will consist of sections on Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, General Awareness, and English. There are 100 MCQs in the paper. Every correct answer grants you four marks, while every incorrect answer subtracts one mark from your score. The total number of marks on the paper is 400.
BCA Distance Education Admission 2024
The BCA Distance Education has now become popular after regular BCA courses. When a BCA education is covered in the distance mode, it takes three years to 6 years for its completion. Admissions are made on a merit basis, and just one needs to have 50% marks in intermediate or equivalent. Distance courses are less expensive than regular courses, such that the average fee of BCA Distance Education is INR 20000 to INR 30000. The Suresh Gyan Vihar University, TNOU Chennai, IGNOU, and others are India’s top Distance BCA colleges.
Distance BCA Admission Process
In most cases, the only thing that is taken into consideration for admission to the Distance BCA is the student’s marks in the qualification for the 12th level. A diploma degree may also be acceptable. In the BCA courses that are offered online, there are no entrance examinations; however, students may be required to participate in interviews.
BCA Course Syllabus
After the 12th grade, many students take BCA, a Computer Applications program. The names of the subjects in the BCA syllabus may change from university to university. Web development, computer basics, database systems, programming languages, and information security are some of the topics in the BCA syllabus.
It also has a lot of subjects that teach programming languages, like Java, HTML, C++, and many more. All of the subjects in the BCA Course syllabus are set up to teach students the skills needed to work in the field of Information Technology.
What is the Scope After the BCA Course
The BCA degree holder is someone who can take advantage of this modern world more than any other person. The contemporary world is largely influenced by technology, and when we talk about technology; we talk about the possibilities of growing both as a society and as individuals.
The BCA Course aids its admitted students due to its emphasis on information technology in developing skills for the Modern-IT world. Someone who completes the BCA degree may get a chance to work as a software developer, database administrator, web developer, IT consultant, data analyst, cyber security expert, etc.
It is quite easy to start a career after successfully completing a BCA degree. Candidates can work in a variety of innovative fields like Data Science, Web Development, Digital Marketing, Software Development, E-Commerce Executive, Cyber Security Expert, etc. Students can also opt for higher education like MCA after completing a bachelor’s degree in computer applications.
BCA Course Job Opportunities
Passed students in the Bachelor’s degree program in Computer Applications (BCA) can seek a career as mentioned below.
- Proficient in the programming languages like Java, C, C++, LISP, C#, Python, PHP, R, or Julia can get decent and sound employment opportunities as a web developer in prominent organizations like TCS, Tech Mahindra, and Wipro.
- After completing the BCA degree program, students shall have employment opportunities as System Engineers.
- The post-completion of the BCA program will help individuals to make a career as Database Engineer.
- Technical Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Digital Marketer
- Software Developer Trainee
- E-commerce Executive
Top Recruiters for BCA Course
A BCA graduate may work for a private or public company as a budget analyst, financial consultant, delivery manager, financial analyst, etc. The BCA programme has a good career option BCA graduates recruited by the following IT companies are as follows:
BCA Course FAQ’s
Ques-1: What is a BCA course?
Ans: BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications. A 3-year computer science undergraduate degree program.
Ques-2: What are the eligibility criteria for the BCA course?
Ans: In order to be eligible to take the BCA course, a candidate must have completed 10+2 in mathematics or have a diploma in engineering.
Ques-3: Is the BCA course a one-year course?
Ans: No, The BCA course is a 3-year undergraduate program that is spread over 6 semesters.
Ques-4: What are the subjects that are covered in the BCA course?
Ans: In a BCA program, subjects such as computer programming, database management, computer networks, and software engineering are taught.
Ques-5: What are the career opportunities after completing a BCA course?
Ans: With a BCA degree, you can find well-known jobs like Web Developer, Web Designer, Network Administrator, System Manager, Programmer, Software Developer, Software Tester, etc.
Ques-6: What is the average salary after completing a BCA course?
Ans: BCA graduates earn an average salary based on their job profile, company, location, and experience. An average starting salary for a BCA graduate is about 3-7 lakhs a year.
Ques-7: Does BCA work as a software engineer?
Ans: Graduates of BCA programs have detailed knowledge of both hardware and software, as well as scripting languages such as C, C++, Java, HTML, PHP, etc., while graduates of BTech programs have a good understanding of both.
Be the first to leave a review.