BSc Course: BSc is an undergraduate course with a full form of Bachelor of Science. BSc duration is 3 years. This course is counted as one of the best courses pursued by students who found themselves taking an interest in research-based or calculative approaches and even many universities and candidates also stated that this course is all about experimentation and discovery. BSc course also has specialization subjects like chemistry, zoology, maths, Botay and many more.
BSc Admission Updates
- Apply now for IMTS Institute BSc programs before the 29 Feb 2024 deadline. Apply Now
- Subharti University invites applications for the BSc batch of 2024 before the 28th Feb 2024 deadline. Limited seats!
- SKU University announces BSc admissions for 2024. Last date 26th Feb 2024.
- NIILM University opens BSc admissions. Submit applications by the extended deadline of 28th Feb 2024.
- Mangalayatan University commences BSc admissions for the 2024-25 academic year. Apply till 29 Feb 2024.
- William Carey University starts the BSc admission process for the 2024-25 batch. Apply before 27th Feb 2024.
BSc course admission is based on the university protocol, whether the university will take an entrance test for it or it will be based on the merit list, but the basic eligibility criteria of this course for any university or institute is that students must have cleared 12th grade with 50% from the recognized board with PCM or PCB stream. BSc course fee criteria are around INR 20,000 to INR 2,00,000 per year (depending on the university).
Many universities conduct entrance exams for admission purposes, and apart from that such entrance exams like CUET, ICAR, and MHT CET are also conducted for admission purposes. After completing the course, candidates have good job opportunities like Research associate, Lab specialist, Professor, etc, with an average salary of INR 4 LPA to INR 8 LPA per year.
BSc Course Highlights
|Bachelor of Science (BSc)
|A 3-year scientific undergraduate programme with specialisations.
|INR 20,000 – 2,00,000 (average)
|Passed Class 12 Science with 50%–60%.
|All IMTS Institute courses are
approved by UGC, AICTE, DEB, and Govt.
|Covers foundational, theoretical, practical, and elective subjects depending on specialisation.
|Scientific, Research Associate, Professor, Lab Chemist, Statistician.
|Ideal for scientists and researchers.
|Develops scientific skills; several job options.
|Nursing, Computer Science, Biology, Physics, and more are specialisations.
|Admission Process (IMTS)
|Register at https://imtsinstitute.com/, receive customised counselling,
choose online or offline sessions, and obtain admission help. Help is
available at IMTS Helpdesk 92 10 98 98 98.
Entrance Examinations: For BSc courses, admission in the regular learning mode is primarily based on the entrance test merit at the maximum universities. Some entrance examinations, including UPCATET, AIEEA, Rajasthan JET, CUET, CET, and many more, are symbolically and actually administered for admission to BSc program. The opportunity of admission to a BSc course without an entrance test is only offered by the IMTS Institute.
Career Options: Students who have finished their BSc degree from a UGC-approved university have multiple career options, such as Lab Technician, Biochemist, Research Scientist, IT Technical Job, Data Analyst, and many more. The career aspects of the BSc Course are quite good, and those who are considering applying can do so by reading this article.
|MSC IT Course
Why Study a BSc from IMTS Institute?
As far as the educational stream is concerned, IMTS has a rich history of 17 years since it has assisted in this field. Over the past few years, the successful institution “IMTS” has helped more than 55,000+ people in finding the destination of their dreams. Aiming to serve needy students through the form of guidance, the Institute was founded in the year 2005 with the goal of serving as an elder brother in the pursuit of academic excellence.
IMTS Institute’s UG and PG programs have an outstanding passing percentage of 99. This good act has been joined by many UGC-approved universities at both the private and state levels. Because it follows all rules and regulations listed in the books of India’s education policy, educational authorities have found the IMTS to be legitimate in every sense.
What is BSc?
The Bachelor of Science course is a 3-year undergraduate program with different eligibility requirements. Students in science streams need 35-40% in 12th grade, while students from other streams can also apply. IMTS Institute offers admission without a test and charges between 11,000 and 20,000 Indian rupees per year. Admissions are generally based on entrance test merit.
In a BSc course, students study physical science, chemistry, economics, agriculture, animation, applied science, mathematics, biology, and horticulture. Syllabuses for BScs can differ based on your specialization. In the first year of every discipline, however, there are some common science subjects.
BSc Key Features
- BSc full form is Bachelor of Science, and it is an undergraduate degree that takes a minimum of 3 years to complete.
- The minimum qualification required for a BSc course is candidates must pass the 10+2 examination with at least 35%.
- Popular BSc admission tests are CUET UG, BHU UET, KCET, UPSEE, IISER, and NPAT.
- In the BSc course, there are various specializations available, such as Hons, IT, Chemistry, Physics, Botany, and others.
- The annual BSc fees can vary from Rs 20,000 to 200,000 INR annually for public colleges and 1 LPA annually for private colleges.
- After completing a BSc degree, you have a lot of options. There are many jobs related to this field where one can make their career, including research assistant, statistician, teacher, and many others.
- In India, a BSc degree holder can expect to earn annually INR 2.2 LPA to INR 4.9 LPA.
Is BSc a Good Course?
Yes, a bachelor of Science (BSc) is a good course from a career and scope perspective. Students with a BSc degree may have better employment opportunities with valuable skills as well as the capability to conduct research for the Master’s degree if they have a degree. In the field of science, there are several distinct academic disciplines offering BSc courses, including natural sciences, engineering, technology, business, and biological and life sciences.
Which of these BSc courses would be the best for you? There are many career options available to students, ranging from BSc PCM to BSc Mathematics and so on, depending on their interests.
Why Study BSc after 12th?
There are many causes to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree as a viable career. For your convenience, some of those are outlined below:
- Given the wide range of specializations accessible with a BSc degree, work opportunities following graduation are many. Students with a BSc degree can find employment in various areas like biology, physics, chemistry, natural science, and so on.
- Compared to other fields, such as arts and commerce, the median wage bundle obtained after accomplishing a BSc journey is significantly higher. Also, with the progressive advancement of science and technology and modernization, resources for learners with a BSc degree are increasing, making it an effective career choice for students.
- Upon accomplishing the BSc journey, understudies can choose to further their learning in almost the same domain, including an MSc or PhD, or alter their areas of knowledge and seek an MBA.
Who Should Pursue BSc?
In order to continue pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree, candidates who possess the least desirable eligibility criteria, such as completing their 12th class examinations from a recognized institution with a minimum grade point average of 50 percent or achieving a comparable CGPA and PCM as a combination of their specialist study, will be eligible. Aside from that, for students who wish to pursue a BSc curriculum, the following requirements must be met in order to pursue such a program:
- Applicants with a huge passion in the context of Mathematics and Science are strongly motivated to continue a BSc degree.
- Candidates who want to seek multi- and cross-disciplinary scientific professions in the years ahead will benefit greatly from this course.
- Individuals with a BSc can expect to earn a high salary after specializing in a variety of areas.
When to pursue a BSc?
- BSc studies are typically pursued following the conclusion of Upper Secondary evaluations. Understudies in the Science subjects choose a Bachelor’s degree in Science as their university curriculum to acquire an additional in-depth understanding of the topics in the section.
- Students who would like to undertake a much more technical level of education take different admission tests to get into B-Tech. In contrast, youngsters who desire to improve their academic knowledge choose a BSc.
- The conventional BSc electives involve biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, home science, zoology, PCM, and statistics.
- Agriculture, aquaculture, bioinformatics, computer science, electronics, physiotherapy, animation, biochemistry, genetics, fashion technology, multimedia, psychology, and many other subjects are covered in proficient BSc studies.
Types of BSc
BSc courses are in great demand throughout India. For such students, various modes of course have been structured. These involve distance BSc, full-time BSc, and part-time BSc courses.
Numerous colleges offer a BSc full-time degree program. Its complete on-campus graduate program gives students all the necessary skills and knowledge in a specific flow or topic. Such universities are Delhi University, Calcutta University, Miranda House, Kirori Mal, and other colleges.
The full-time BSc is offered in a wide range of specializations which means students can become specialists in their favorite science subject. The popular subjects one can choose to seek a BSc degree as IT, Biology, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, Natural Science, Maths, and many others.
Part-time degrees allow you to complete your degree program on your schedule. Various institutions offer part-time BSc programs in addition to full-time BSc courses. The distance BSc degree can be pursued at Jawaharlal Nehru University, Jamia Millia Islamia, etc.
Online BSc Course
Online BSc is designed for students living away from main study campuses and who lack access to other educational facilities. BSc via online classes is provided by institutes like IGNOU, Uttarakhand Open University, TNOU, etc.
Online Mode is basically for those who are not able to continue their studies in regular Mode. So, Students who want to pursue the Bachelor of Science or BSc course from IMTS Institute online Mode can apply by visiting the authorized web portal of the institution. In online Mode, Students will be getting the LMS (Learning Management System), where they can watch recorded or live videos.
BSc Course is offered at many top colleges and universities in India. A Bachelor of Science degree requires study in mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, and other closely related disciplines. Students can choose from a variety of fields and topics to study in the Bachelor of Science degree program.
BSc IT Course
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology course is available for admission at IMTS Institute. The course comprises topics like Information practices, networking, databases, & more. The duration of this BSc course Specialization is 3 years, both in part-time & full-time mode. Many companies like Amazon, TCS, Mahindra, Flipkart, Accenture, Wipro, HCL, and Infosys recruit students who have gained experience after a BSc IT Course.
BSc Psychology Course
In India, a Bachelor of Science or BSc in Psychology course is offered to students who have a great interest in learning psychology and have completed the class 12th education in the science stream. The course in psychology specialization includes topics like human behavior, cognitive thinking, psychological processes, & more. The course length is about 3 years & with average costs of around Rs 12,500 to Rs 28,000 per year.
BSc Computer Science Course
Most pursued undergraduate computing programs include a BSc in Computer Science. This program lasts for three years. Students must have received at least a 35% on their 12th-grade exam at an accredited university or college. A BSc Computer Science course costs between Rs 20,150 to Rs 40,100/-. In this BSc CS course, students are required to study various skills, including introduction to data structures, system programming, web technologies, development of mobile applications, etc.
BSc Chemistry Course
Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or BSc Chemistry is one of the most favorable BSc specializations among Indian students. The course is three years long and can be pursued by an applicant after completing 10+2 from a recognized board. In the BSc Chemistry program, students learn about different aspects related to chemical science, such as organic and inorganic chemistry etc.
BSc Yoga and Naturopathy Course
The Bachelor of Science in Yoga and Naturopathy course is ideal for students who want to earn a great profession in the Yoga and Naturopathy sector. This 3-year ug level course comprises two stream skills (Yoga+ Naturopathy). Learning the fundamentals of natural medicine with yoga asanas, this course is the best way. Top recruiters for graduates of BSc Yoga and Naturopathy are Schools, Universities, NGOs & more.
BSc Physics Course
Bachelor of Science or BSc in Physics course is offered at various universities/colleges in India. The course includes various topics like Quantum Physics, Thermodynamics, Fluids, Motion & more. This 3-year long course is available at the undergraduate level in the science stream.
BSc Admission 2024
BSc Admission to various specializations is open at numerous UGC-approved universities and affiliated colleges. 31 January 2024 is the last date to submit the application form for BSc admission 2024. Aspirants who are willing to study BSc in Ayurveda, BSc in Environmental Science, BSc in General, and numerous other specialized programs in the undergraduate science domain can look at DPG Degree College, MUIT Noida, UPES, and numerous other institutions of higher learning.
The application form requires an application fee of INR 400-1500. The amount in the form of a registration/application fee should be paid online/offline. In order to secure admission to BSc specialized degree programs at government and Private Universities and Institutions, candidates might need to cross the bridge of entrance examinations.
Some of the common entrance examinations for BSc specialized degree program admission are Common University Entrance Test (CUET), Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET), etc.
BSc Admission Process 2024
Aspirants can simply get in touch with us for help via any of their preferred methods, including WhatsApp, the website, a phone call, social platforms, etc. Once we receive your request, we’ll get back to you. You will have a conversation with an expert counselor from our staff about your worries over your next academic options.
- Admission to BSc studies is framed in terms of qualifications and also entrance examination. The two protocols are covered in depth below for one’s convenience:
- In the months of May and June every year, the application forms for admission are made available.
- The leading colleges that have affiliations to Delhi University, such as Hindu College, Miranda House, and others, offer admissions for BSc based on the previous qualification. These colleges consider students’ marks secured in the 12th standard or equivalent.
- Some universities also give entrance exam-based admissions. These include Orrisa University of Agriculture and Technology, IISER, Aligarh Muslim University, and others. Shortlisting of candidates will be done after the entrance exam, and those selected will be called for interviews and counseling.
BSc Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria strongly required for granting admission to a BSc degree program at any UGC-approved university are as follows:
- Aspiring students should complete their schooling (10+2) in the science field from an approved board.
- The minimum score to obtain in the qualifying examination is 45-50%.
- Entrance examinations—CUET UG—do have a significant impact on admission to the BSc degree program in regular and online modes of education. A list of entrance examinations is available in its particular heading.
Bachelor of Science (BSc) three-year UG degree program fees in the online and distance programs vary. Candidates have to pay a minimum fee of INR 11,000/- and the highest fee of INR 20,000 annually for the BSc degree program. The fee can be paid semester-wise as well.
BSc Entrance Exam 2024
Entrance exams are used to determine BSc admission. Throughout India, numerous national, province, and institutional-level admission exams are held. The below information contains a few of the details about leading BSc entry exams in India.
- JET: It is an entrance exam conducted by Jain University to provide various UG and PG admissions to numerous courses such as BSc. JET is conducted in both online and offline methods. Students are given 3 hours to solve the paper.
- CUET UG: Common University Entrance Test or CUET UG is a national-level entrance test conducted by NTA for various undergraduate courses admission including the BSc course. The entrance exam will be widely accepted by the top institutes in India.
- NPAT: The National Placement Assessment Test (NPAT) is a nationwide entry exam for admittance to UG and Assimilated degree courses. Narsee Monjee University administers the admissions test. The assessment is given entirely online and will last two hours.
- SUAT: SUAT is held each year specifically for entry to Sharda University’s different programs. In addition to BSc, it is also conducted for admissions to various other courses such as B-Tech, BA, BCA, MBA, MCA, etc. This entrance exam is based on an online system that one can attain this test at home.
BSc Entrance Exam Syllabus
Entrance to a BSc degree program chosen in any specialization is based on the entrance exam in most cases. Various universities conduct the tests, but all follow a general syllabus. Generally, the subjects included in the entrance exam for BSc are Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, and Computer Science. The English component of the entrance test also assesses candidates’ grasp of the English language. It is to be noted that each section of the entrance exam carries equal marks. The distribution of marks is sometimes 1 for each right answer or sometimes 4 for each right answer.
BSc Distance Education
BSc Distance Education academic institutions give the possibility of earning this degree while working. It is perhaps the most adaptable type of degree program. In India, universities such as IGNOU, Karnataka State Open University, the University of Mumbai, Annamalai University, and Osmania University offer Distance BSc programs.
BSc Distance Admission Process
BSc distance learning is a prevalent place for individuals who would like to work and learn simultaneously. Academic institutions in India that provide distance BSc programs include Uttarakhand Open University, Karnataka State Open University, Jaipur National University, IGNOU New Delhi, Andhra University, and many others.
The cost of BSc distance courses is a fee of INR 11,000 to INR 77,300. Entrance exams are not included in the criteria of distance admissions, and merit is focused. The age limit is not fixed for BSc distance admissions, and mostly the selection criteria are the same as in the case of other BSc courses.
This program aims to provide both practical and theoretical knowledge in subjects such as mathematics, biology, physics, computer science, chemistry, and so on. There is a wide range of specializations, and one can choose to pursue a BSc degree. These include physics, natural science, chemistry, IT, agriculture, nursing, biotechnology, etc. Subjects are different as per the chosen specialization, such as chemistry learners in industrial chemistry, green chemistry, polymer chemistry, energy & fuel cells, etc. Some subjects related to mathematics are analysis, algebra, calculus, vector analysis, probability theory, and soon.
What is the Scope After the BSc?
A BSc General degree creates possibilities for employment and academic solidarity concurrently. Students who complete the BSc common degree program may advance in their field of interest and offer services by holding one of the following roles data analyst, laboratory technician, sales representative, quality control analyst, medical laboratory technician, environmental consultant, science writer, agricultural scientist, and more.
After earning a BSc degree, students have a number of excellent and exceptional academic options to choose from that will advance their knowledge by focusing on in-depth, research-based science education such as MSc chemistry, MSc Biology, MSc Biochemistry, MSc Biotechnology, MBA, MSc Agricultural, and so on.
FAQs of BSc Course
Ques: Are 12th marks important for BSc?
Ans: If you are willing to pursue BSc, it is necessary for you to pass the 12th examination because admission to BSc programs is mostly offered after the performance of the 12th examination, so yes, the 12th marks are important for BSc.
Ques: Which BSc course is best after the 12th?
Ans: The BSc contains loads of options in almost every field of science, giving students a chance to select their preferred choice of course. The BSc program of any specialization holds significant value for both academic and skill development, so one cannot predict or select a particular course as the best among forestry, aviation, anesthesia, geology, microbiology, chemistry, physics, etc.
Ques: Does BSc require NEET?
Ans: The BSc, with the exception of some medical courses admission based on NEET, such as BSc in Physiotherapy, BSc in Nursing, BSc in Medical Science, and so on, does not follow the path for the entrance examination.
Ques: Which college accepts BSc without CUET in Delhi?
Ans: There are numerous colleges that approve admission to BSc degree programs without CUET in Delhi, i.e., St. Stephen’s College, Indraprastha College for Women, Ambedkar University, etc. Admission to these universities/colleges is based on academic merit for BSc students.
Be the first to leave a review.