BMLT Course: BMLT is a 3-year undergraduate degree for students who are interested in medical laboratory work. BMLT course fee starts from INR 60,000 to INR 2,5000 P.A. Students who have completed 10+2 with 40% marks in the stream are eligible to pursue the BMLT course. Admission to BMLT is mostly based on previous qualifying scores. However, some universities offer admission based on entrance exams like CUET, LPU NEST, IPU CET, TJEE, etc. 31 January 2024 is the deadline to submit the application form for BMLT admission for the session 2024-25.
BMLT course includes Microbiology, Biochemistry, and Pathology subjects which expose them to pursue their career in diagnostic labs and hospitals where pay ranges between INR 2-5 lakh per annum.
BMLT Admission Updates
Apply now for the IMTS Institute Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology program before 29 Feb 2024.
Subharti University invites applications for the Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology batch of 2024 before the 28th Feb 2024 deadline. Limited seats!
SKU University announces Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology admissions for the 2024 academic year. Submit applications by 26th Feb 2024.
NIILM University Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology admissions are now open. Extended deadline –28th Feb 2024.
Mangalayatan University opens Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology admissions for the 2024-25 session. Apply till 29 Feb 2024.
William Carey University commences the Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology admission process for the 2024-25 batch. Apply before 27th Feb 2024.
BMLT Course Headline
|Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT)
|A 3-year UG course, advanced laboratory techniques in medical science.
|INR 45,000 – 60,000 (average)
|Minimum 40% in Class 10+2 from a recognised board in india
|No IMTS entrance examinations.
|UGC, AICTE, DEB, and Govt.
|All IMTS Institute degrees and diplomas are valid.
|20-minute call; course and university selection advice.
|Human anatomy,health education, physiology, biochemistry, biomedical waste management, etc.
|Lab technicians, R&D assistants, lab managers, medical lab technicians, etc.
|Narayana Hrudayalaya, Thyrocare, Apollo, SevenHills, and more.
|Ideal for medical laboratory technologists and diagnosticians.
|Improves medical testing skills; in demand.
|Focus on biochemistry, medical lab procedures, and health education.
|Admission Process (IMTS)
|Visit https://imtsinstitute.com/, register, receive personalised counselling, choose online or offline sessions, and obtain admission help. Call IMTS Helpdesk at 92 10 98 98 98 for assistance.
Those who are looking to enroll in the Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT) Course are required to meet the eligibility requirements. In order to apply for the course, one needs to complete the 12th class with a minimum of 50% marks from a known board.
BMLT Course Eligibility: To find a seat of admission to the BMLT UG degree program, students are required to pass at least their higher secondary board exam (12th) in the science stream with a 50% score. Admissions are allowed entrance/non-entrance based.
BMLT Course Fees: Candidates can study and complete the UG degree program of BMLT by paying a fee an average fee of INR 20,000 per year. Fee deposits are allowed with Debit/Credit/Net Banking or Demand Draft, etc., options (Subject to availability).
- The Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT) is an undergraduate degree that prepares motivated students to become Laboratory Technicians.
- As a student, you will learn how to operate laboratory equipment as well as diagnostic techniques, among other things.
- In addition to learning about disease diagnosis and treatment, students will gain insight into disease prevention measures.
- As well as teaching students about the Laboratory, the BMLT enhances their expertise in research and other areas as well.
- It is also involved in the search for a cure for any condition, as well as the development of technologies and the discovery of medical treatments.
|MSC IT Course
BMLT Course Structure: The six-semester BMLT program includes several topics in core and elective modes. The core subjects list comprises human physiology, human anatomy, biochemistry, pathology, histopathology, immunology, serology, and more. The elective subject list can be decorated with the following list such as medical technology, nuclear medicine technology, medical technology, medical lab technology, etc. The course structure of the BMLT three-year degree program incorporates VI Semesters, Core Subjects, Elective Subjects, Practical Workshops, Research Projects, or Thesis Submission.
A degree in the BMLT will help students to work in various fields to build a sound career in quality job profiles. The degree holder can seek a professional career as Medial Lab Technologist, X-Ray Technologist/X-Ray Technician, MRI Technician, Anesthesia Technician, Operation Theatre Technician, CT Scan Technician, and more. BMLT course salary of BMLT professionals is seen between INR 2.17 LPA to INR 5.5 LPA.
What is BMLT?
BMLT course full form is Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT). The course aims to provide students with advanced knowledge of both fundamental and advanced laboratory diagnostic techniques. After completing BMLT, students learn how to perform diagnostic tests on patients to aid in the treatment of diseases. Three years is the duration of the BMLT program.
Students for admission must have completed their intermediate-level study from a recognized institution or board. Candidates with a BMLT bachelor’s obtain technical and practical expertise for accurate diagnosis and awareness of how to operate biological labs proficiently. The course focuses on training nominees in the administration of operating rooms (OTs) and how to manage numerous medical tools and implement standards of care easily.
A Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology degree can lead to employment options in healthcare system treatment centers, state, and corporate medical facilities, research labs, medical laboratories, and other settings. The subjects in the course of BMLT have included Human Physiology, Bio-Medical Waste Management, Human Anatomy, Health Communication & Health Education, Biochemistry, and soon.
BMLT Course Details
- A Bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory Technology is shortly abbreviated as BMLT.
- This course is designed to teach students about the technologies used in medical labs to cure and diagnose diseases.
- Admission to this course is provided by checking the students’ performance in the relevant entrance exam. However, some MLT institutes get students in through the direct admission system by issuing the merit list based on previous qualifying exams of the board.
- The applicants must qualify for the last board exams with at least a minimum score of 50% or even more.
- BMLT course duration is three years,
- For BMLT, the most common admission tests conducted by students are JNUEE, JIMPER, and soon. A counselling round always follows entrance exams.
- Depending on the institute’s type and location, the BMLT course’s mean fee in India may range from INR 20,000* per annum. The fee for the BMLT course is even higher in private sector colleges.
- There is a wide variety of jobs for BMLT degree holders, including Lab Technologist and medical Technician. The demand for these jobs is very high in the modern-day medical sector.
- Being employed on any of the posts related to BMLT can provide your annual earnings of INR 2,17,000 to INR 5,50,000.
Why Study BMLT after 12th?
The Bachelor of Medical Laboratory and Technology program, also known as BMLT, is a programme that lasts for three years and is provided by many of India’s most famous educational institutions. Students will explore several areas of the laboratory that are particularly relevant to identifying, treating, and diagnosing the disease using BMLT.
BMLT is a bachelor-level course that students choose if they want to work in a medical laboratory as a professional. When students choose the BMLT course, they put themselves on the path to a successful career. After taking the BMLT course, some of the main benefits are:
- A BMLT or Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology degree may lead to employment options in a variety of fields, including:
- A nominee may choose to work as a Scientific Scholar/ Researcher or in R&D research labs.
- A student may choose to collaborate as a Lab technologist in public health laboratories, pathology labs, pharmaceutical labs, research and product development, hospitals, and other settings.
- In a variety of biotechnological sectors, one can work as a research associate. In addition, they can work in laboratories, pharmaceutical companies, and product testing firms as superintendents or advisors.
- Competing on this ground is challenging and rewarding due to its complexity and reward. This line of work involves difficult obstacles and newer technologies almost every day.
Who Should Pursue BMLT Course?
- An applicant who wishes to serve in the medical industry and learn more about and research the facets and applications of instrumentation in the healthcare industry may select to begin their profession by enrolling in this UG program for a Bachelor in Medical Laboratory Technology.
- The program is intended for pupils who want to become competent experts in the field of medical technology. During the journey, learners gain adequate knowledge and the necessary talent to work proficiently in the health industry.
- Medical science is among the exquisite fields; this is a growing market, and applicants with a curiosity in the healthcare field choose to land a job in it.
- Medical lab technicians take a critical role in the implementation of different diagnosing and pathophysiology laboratory work.
When to Pursue BMLT?
After completing his/her intermediate, an applicant can pursue a UG degree in medical laboratory technology. After passing class 10+2, a nominee can pursue a certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology, which will expand a wide range of job options. However, to be effective in MLT, an applicant should first complete a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology. The best is for candidates after completing 12th from a recognized board can pursue a BMLT course to become experienced at an early age.
Types of BMLT Course
Technological advancements have made medical labs more advanced, and to operate such technologies. Different methods are used to fulfill students’ needs for completing their BMLT education, such as:
Full-time BMLT courses are the most popular learning method among institutions and students. During the three-year course completion period, the syllabus is divided into six semesters. Full-time BMLT enrollments are higher than part-time and online BMLT enrollments.
Upon finishing BMLT, you would be able to pursue a rewarding career in a private laboratory, minor emergency centres, clinics, doctor’s offices, hospitals, or blood donor centres. A technician can advance to the level of technologist via additional working experience and knowledge. Graduates who accomplish BMLT often work as High-ranking Technicians in Diagnostic Laboratories, Hospitals, Blood Banks, and Nursing Homes.
Those students who lack education regularly opt for part-time BMLT courses. Due to its increasing demand, students are opting for more of this course, which is becoming an important course for them. BMLT is a graduate degree course with a duration of 3 years and can be pursued at their convenience.
A part-time BMLT program is perfect for those students who are busy with their professional endeavors and do not possess good time management skills. Students interested in completing their bachelor’s degree can also take part-time BMLT programs. Part-time mode of BMLT courses is not available at any Indian Universities.
BMLT Admission 2024
In the majority of BMLT institutes, the system of direct Admission is adopted. In such a selection system, the previous marks of the students in 10+2 are considered for BMLT Admission. Apeejay Stya University has started admissions for the BMLT course. Candidates are invited to apply for the BMLT course at Apeejay Stya University online at university.apeejay.edu. Sharda University has also commenced the admission process for the BMLT Undergraduate program.
The admissions process of the above-mentioned universities includes registration, application form submission, and document verification. The registration fee for the BMLT program ranges from 400 Indian rupees to 2,000 Indian rupees at respected, approved universities for BMLT. The registration amount is possible to deposit either digitally or in person through the following ways; credit card/debit card, cash, etc.
The basic requirement for admission to the BMLT undergraduate program at UGC-approved universities is the 12th examination. The complete description of BMLT eligibility criteria is given in the sooner sections.
BMLT Course Eligibility Criteria
- BMLT applicant must have completed 12th with a minimum of 50% marks.
- When applying to the BMLT bachelor’s degree program, the student’s age must not be less than 17 years.
- Students who have completed their board examination of 10+2, but whose result has not been announced yet, are also welcome to apply for BMLT.
- There are no national-level entrance exams for these courses; however, some institutes may conduct entrance exams to offer BMLT admission.
BMLT Course Entrance Exam
There is no separate entry requirement for Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology enrollment; acceptances are influenced by past standardized test competence results or are made via National Medical exams.
Even so, public universities such as AIIMS and PGIMER make admittance decisions based on marks obtained by students in an entrance exam administered by the corresponding academy. These entry exams include the 12th class departure questionnaire in Biology, Physics, and Chemistry. A few of the BMLT popular entrance exams are:
- JNUEE: Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam has been conducted once a year to offer Admission to BMLT and other various courses. Other than JNU’s main campus, this exam provides entry for its 14 affiliated schools. The applications for JNUEE will be issued in July. Counselling of students is also conducted here.
- PGIMER: The applications for PGIMER will be released by the INICEE in March. This entrance exam is conducted for various medical degree courses such as BMLT.
- JIMPER: For various medical courses, JIMPER has now been replaced by NEET and is conducted every year by NTA.
- BCECE: Previously, the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) was held for enrollment in engineering, medicine, pharmacy, and architecture.
BMLT Entrance Exam Syllabus
Applicants must be cognizant of the BMLT entrance exam Syllabus and plan better to gain enrollment to the numerous programs such exams offered. Applicants will be evaluated in the entrance exam on their understanding of all topics offered during the 12th class curriculum, such as Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and English subjects. Usually, the question paper consists of 100 questions in the format of MCQs. The time given to students may vary depending on the institute. In some cases, negative marking is applicable, and one mark is subtracted if you selected the wrong option.
Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology or BSc Medical Lab Technology is a program of three years separated into six semesters. The BMLT curriculum is organized and intended to expose learners to the significance of labs in well-being and other industries. Its syllabus consisted of many subjects, including Human Anatomy, Microbiology, Human Physiology, Parasitology, Health Education, Virology, and others introduced to learners. Excluding the major subjects of study, the curriculum consists of some elective subjects intended to provide some extra related skills.
BMLT in Government College
To apply for the BMLT programme in a government college in India, candidates must appear in the entrance examination conducted by either the central or state governments. To be eligible for admission to this course, candidates must meet all the requirements set by the institution. The best thing about government colleges is that they offer BMLT courses for less fees compared to private colleges. In government colleges across India, the typical annual fees for a BMLT course can vary from INR 10,000 to INR 50,000, whereas private colleges may start fees from INR 50,000 to INR 2,50,000 per year.
BMLT Colleges in India
In India, Nearly 70 private and public colleges/institutes offered Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology courses to interested candidates. These colleges/institutes are located in different regions in India such as Delhi, Maharastra, Punjab, Tamilnadu, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Patna, etc.
The number of applications increasing every year for admission to the BMLT course. Students are applying for courses due to their job-oriented curriculum. Admission to the BMLT course will be taken through the entrance exam score or merit list criteria according to university guidelines. Some famous regions and the names of colleges are mentioned below:
BMLT Colleges in Delhi
Being the capital city of India, Delhi is also a central hub for education in India. Delhi has numerous private and public colleges where students can pursue BMLT degrees. In the public colleges of Delhi, the BMLT in government fee is about INR 20,000 to 80,000*, but in the private BMLT colleges, the range of fees is about INR 1.5 to 3 LPA. Some colleges among the top ones are:
- Aditya Institute of Technology
- Rajiv Gandhi Medical Institute
- Delhi Paramedical Management Institute
- Delhi Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research University
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College
- IIMT University
- Sharda School of Allied Health Sciences
- School of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences
BMLT Colleges in UP
In UP, the colleges offering BMLT education are numerous and popular all over the country. The range of BMLT course fees in Mumbai colleges is about INR 20,000 to INR 90,000 annually. Some of the top colleges are:
- School of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences, Noida University
- Ashray Institute of Paramedical Sciences
- Rama University
- Indian Institute of Health and Technology
- Santosh Institute of Allied Health Sciences
- IIMT University
- Avadh Institute of Medical Technologies and Hospital
- Integral University – IUL
- Sharda School of Allied Health Sciences
BMLT Colleges in Haryana
Haryana is an attractive study hub for many students in India. BMLT courses at Haryana Colleges are also being taught to thousands of students. In all of these reputed colleges of Haryana, the average annual BMLT course fee starts from INR 20,000 and reaches a higher limit of INR 70,000. Top BMLT colleges in Haryana are:
- GD Goenka University
- School of Allied Health Sciences
- Yuva Healthcare Institute of Advanced Skills
- Ashray Institute of Paramedical Sciences
BMLT Colleges in Punjab
Punjab has a good number of medical colleges in the country, and the colleges in Punjab are also popular for offering quality education. Admission to the BMLT course is based on the entrance examination and it is a degree with a duration of 3 years. There are some National Level entrance examinations whose scores are considered at the time of admission. Some BMLT colleges in Punjab include
- Chandigarh University
- Shree Hanumant Institute of Management and Technical Studies
- Noble Institute of Medical Technology
- Lovely Professional University
- RIMT University
- Guru Kashi University
Students from Punjab can apply through the official website of the selected university. The admission process may differ from one university to another. Students who fall into the eligibility criteria will be able to apply for admission to BMLT colleges in Punjab.
Scope of BMLT Course
Multiple medical organizations offer career opportunities for individuals pursuing a profession in BMLT (Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology). The BMLT field in India presents diverse career paths and is witnessing substantial growth. Students enrolled in the BMLT program have the chance to develop their competencies and earn credentials that can aid them in their future careers as Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) specialists. Here are some of the job profiles that BMLT graduates can pursue:
- Clinical Lab Technician
- R&D Contractual Lab Assistant
- Lab Technician
- ECG Technician
- DNA Cyto Technician
- Medical Lab Technician
- Echo Technician
- Instrument Technician
- Junior Technical Executive
- System Analyst
Recruitment Areas for BMLT Course
In India, both government and private employers offer Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology jobs. Students can pursue degrees in medical laboratory technology in a variety of ways.
- Private Laboratory
- Doctor’s Clinics
- Government Hospitals
- Private Hospitals
- Minor Emergency Centers
- Crime Laboratories
- Blood Donor Centers
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Research Facilities
- Research & Development Sector
Top Recruiters for BMLT
Here are some top recruiters given below for BMLT graduates with good salary packages.
- Fortis Healthcare.
- Apollo Hospital.
- SRL Diagnostics.
- Metropolis Healthcare Limited.
- Seven Hills Hospital.
- Narayana Hrudayalaya Limited.
- Dr Lal Pathlabs Limited.
- Sai Biocare Private Limited.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Question 1: Is physics necessary for BMLT, or is it optional?
Ans: No, For admission to BMLT course, candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in their 12th-grade education.
Question 2: Is BMLT a more selective option than pharmacy?
Ans: Pharmaceutical industry offers a much wider range of jobs. And it’s a type of medical laboratory technology that’s useful in pharmaceutical labs for X-Ray, UV, and other diagnostic procedures.
Question 3: Is BMLT a wise investment for the future?
Ans: BMLT graduates have jobs in India and overseas. Many students are interested in BMLT pay and other ways to work in medical laboratory technology in India and overseas. Top hospitals often transfer graduates abroad.
Question 4: What are the requirements for enrolling in BMLT classes?
Ans: Students applying to the BMLT Undergraduate General Degree Programme are needed to have a minimum score of 50% on their higher secondary board examination (12th) in the science stream.
Question 5: Is BMLT more useful than BSc nursing?
Ans: BMLT is primarily focused on the subject of technology, whereas nursing is concerned with the care of patients and requires qualities such as empathy, patience, and so on. There is a great deal of space for betterment in nursing and BMLT.
Question 6: BMLT कोर्स कितने साल का होता है?
Ans: पैरामेडिकल काउंसिल के अनुसार, BMLT कोर्स पुरे ३ वर्ष का है। जिसमे छात्र विविध प्रकार के लैब सुविधाओं का द्वारा सैद्धांतिक और प्रायोगिक जानकारी प्राप्त करते हैं।
Q: Is Admission for the BMLT Course going on for session 2024-25?
Ans Yes, the registration for the BMLT Course is going on for session 2024-25 in multiple universities and institutions. Candidates who are going to apply can fill out the application form from the page.
Be the first to leave a review.