MSW Course: MSW (Master of Social Work) if you want to make a difference in society. Students study subjects such as Social Work Research and Community Development. MSW course fees start from INR 10,000 to INR 40,000 per year. Then, when students graduate, they can get jobs like Social Worker or NGO Manager, which pay between INR 2,500 and INR 6,000. MSW course admission’s last application date is 31 January 2024 at the IMTS Institute.
- The Master of Social Work (MSW) is a 2-year postgraduate course focusing on social work, social welfare, and public policy principles.
- Duration: 2 years
- Fees: Typically range from INR 10,000 – INR 40,000 per annum
- Subjects: Community and Social Institutions, Human Behavior and Social Processes, Social Action and Social Movements
- Admission Process: No Entrance test conducted by IMTS institute for admission.
- Jobs: Social Worker, Counsellor, Program Coordinator, Field Officer
- Last date Admission: 31 January 2024
MSW Admission Latest Update
Apply now for the IMTS Institute MSW program before the 29 Feb 2024 deadline.
- Subharti University invites applications for the MSW batch of 2024 before the 28th Feb 2024 deadline. Limited seats!
- SKU University announces MSW admissions for 2024. Last date 26th Feb 2024.
- NIILM University opens MSW admissions. Submit applications by extended deadline of 28th Feb 2024.
- Mangalayatan University commences MSW admissions for the 2024-25 academic year. Apply till 29 Feb 2024.
William Carey University starts the MSW admission process for the 2024-25 batch. Apply before 27th Feb 2024.
The MSW course focuses on social reforms, counseling, community development, etc.
MSW course strongly covers the rhythmic and in-depth education of the following: History and Philosophy of Social Work, Social Problems and Social Development, Human Growth and Development, IT in the social sector, ideology and ethics of social work, and more. This postgraduate program in social work is simple to find in regular, non-regular (distance education), and online learning modes.
Any student interested in the MSW course is welcome if they meet the minimum admission criteria for obtaining a master’s degree in social work. If you ask for fees for the MSW course, it generally ranges from INR 10,000 to INR 40,000 per year. Students can get complete information about the Master of Social Work degree program in the below section.
MSW Course Highlights
|MSW Full Form
Master of Social Work
|MSW Course Level
CUET PG, IPUCET, BHU PET & more
Regular, Online & Part-time
|MSW Course Fee
Rs 20,000 to Rs 1,37,000
Delhi University, IPU, BHU, Aligarh Muslim University
|Salary in India
INR 5.14 LPA to INR 8.2 LPA
What is the MSW Course?
MSW is a two-year postgraduate program that combines macro and micro aspects of social work practice in hospitals, community organizations, and other social institutions. The MSW Course is designed to offer quality education in the following subjects.
- Philosophy and Social Work
- Community Work
- Psychology for Social Work
- Social Work Research
- Social Welfare Management
- Poverty and Livelihood
- Environmental Management
- Disaster Management
MSW course is the full form of Master of Social Work, and it is divided into four semesters. MSW admission requires a bachelor’s degree in humanities, science, or management with a 40% aggregate from any recognized university.
|MSC IT Course
Why Study MSW Course from IMTS Institute?
IMTS Institute has been a driving force in education for over 17 years. The Institute was established in 2005 with the objective of providing support for the needful to make their academic profile sound and effective for the betterment of the future. It has assisted thousands of students ( more than 45,000) since its inception and possesses a remarkable passing ratio of 99 percent.
There are several norms and regulations that are scripted by the educational authorities and are followed by the IMTS Institute. There have been many esteemed authorities who have praised “IMTS Institute” for the unselfish service they provide to the community. There are many universities linked to the IMTS that have been approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC). There are many regions of the country where the process of expanding the wings to be able to help the students is getting quicker and quicker.
Admission to the MSW course is possible for students in a well-honored university with just a few clicks. For admission, aspirants have to ping us or call through WhatsApp, social media, websites, etc. A counselor with great experience will call you back to ask a few basic questions before suggesting anything.
The aspirants will acquire outstanding recommendations after presenting their individual and academic information. IMTS won’t charge you anything for the registration or services. However, candidates who are pleased with the support and eager to enrol in the program can spend the tuition /registration fee to guarantee their spot.
MSW Course Details
- The MSW program is available in both traditional and online formats.
- Students can take MSW classes online through networks like Academy Earth, edX, Coursera, and Alison.
- The MSW program has four academic sessions. MSW topics include quantitative social work, labour welfare, social legislation, and social history.
- The top universities for MSW programs are Delhi University, Christ University, and TATA Institute of Social Science.
- Good News for candidates who want to apply for the Master of Social Work course. The average fees for the MSW Course range from Rs 20,000/- to Rs 1,30,000/-. Numerous private universities offer this course, such as Amity University, Manipal University, etc.
- Employed professionals can earn an MSW in two to five years from universities like IGNOU, DU, and YCMOU for around INR 40K.
- Those who complete the program can work in human rights, social services, healthcare, etc.
- Interested candidates can now choose to work with regional, national, or global NGOs.
- Human Rights Activists, Program Coordinators, Social Counsellors, Program Managers, Social Activists, Social Workers, etc., are among the positions that require an MSW degree.
Why Study MSW Course?
- Here are some of the reasons why getting an MSW degree can lead to a good job.
- A job as a social worker comes with a lot of responsibility and chances to repay the favour to people and the country.
- Learners should have a deeper understanding, be able to practice, be assessed, use rational reasoning to do research, and identify and think about their own identities and how they interact with their communities and the world around them.
- After they finish a 2-year Master’s social work degree, they can work for public organizations, like the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, on long-term or short-term contracts in roles like Coordinator, Program Manager, Fieldwork, and more.
Who Should Pursue a Master of Social Work Program?
- Aspirants who want to work in the social and humanitarian sectors must pursue.
- Applicants who would like to collaborate as social counselors must take the MSW course.
- This course is available to executives in charge of ethical business practices at massive corporations.
- Students who want to switch jobs can enroll in this program.
- Folks who want to start one’s possess non-profit organizations can also enroll in the Master’s program in Social Work.
- Bachelor of Social Work or BSW alumni can enroll in this program to improve their career opportunities.
When to pursue an MSW Course?
- Students can begin the MSW course shortly after completing their BSW and other pertinent bachelor’s programs.
- Upon acquiring appropriate knowledge of the social task, aspirants can continue pursuing the classes. It is strongly advised that hopefuls have prior experience with site investigation before enrolling in the MSW program.
- Practitioners can complete the MSW training web-based or via range learning to enhance their experience and competencies.
Types of MSW Course
Among Indian students, MSW is becoming a popular academic pursuit due to the possibility of specializing in various disciplines and MSW course job opportunities such as healthcare, psychology, and skills training. The diverse needs of prospective MSW students have indeed led to the development of various kinds of MSW classes.
Full-Time MSW Course
- The full-time MSW university education is a two-year educational approach that focuses on delivering students the right skills in the evolution of society and wellbeing. It is perhaps the most popular type of MSW program.
- The mean annual fee charged for full-time MSW courses is about INR 20K to INR 2 lacs.
- Enrollments are based on the merit of graduate studies, but certain universities recommend admissions tests. The TISS NET, BHU PET, and other major entry tests.
- Banaras Hindu University, Delhi University, Loyola College, Chennai, Christ University, and other prestigious institutions offer MSW programs.
Part-Time MSW Course
Part-time MSW courses are now being offered in a great number of institutes. These are aimed at students who are unable to attend full-time classes, and the same eligibility criteria are set for part-time MSW admissions. Of course, every student who applies for this type should pass graduate studies first with a minimum of 50% marks.
Online MSW Course
- The MSW program takes 2 to 5 years to complete when pursued in online mode.
- The tuition fee is INR 11790 to INR 32400 annually to pursue this course.
- Some famous institutes offering MSW in distance mode are The Global University, Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar University, IGNOU, and soon.
- Many working adults widely know online MSW programs because they enable them to advance their careers.
MSW Course Admission 2024
MSW course admission started at various universities in India for the 2024 academic session. Master of Social Work course is available in three modes in different universities, students can choose any mode as per their choice. Admission to MSW courses is based on both merit and entrance exams. The last date is 31 January 2024 for MSW admission at the IMTS Insititute. Applicants can fill out the registration form mentioned above. Students must have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from any recognized university. Some Institutes conduct entrance tests followed by an interview to provide enrollment for MSW courses.
Different Universities and testing agencies will organize the entrance exam at a national, University, or state level. After qualifying for any of these entrance exams, usually around for the counseling of students is usually held, and interviews are also taken. At the end of the admission process, a final list of selected students is published on the official site of the University.
MSW Course Admission Process
The admission process for the MSW course is entirely based on the student’s abilities, which are judged by taking an entrance test. The level of education that students have at the end of high school is also a factor in whether or not they are allowed to go to college.
MSW admission starts with the release of application forms. These forms are available both in person and online at the website of the university where you want to go to school.
Second, there is a test to enter the programme, and the difficulty of the test changes over time. The majority of institutions in India will accept your score if you earn it on one of the examinations that are given at one of the many locations throughout the country. Others are on a regional or university level, and they assist individuals in gaining admission to a particular state or institution of higher education.
MSW Course Eligibility Criteria
Students who want to take admission to the MSW course. Below, we have shared the crucial points regarding the MSW eligibility criteria.
- Candidates should have completed the Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree from a UGC-approved university/college with at least 50% marks.
- Candidates who belong to the reserved category provide a relaxation of 5% in the minimum marks.
- As we have discussed above, students must pass the entrance exam, if any
- Understudies from the Arts, Commerce, science, and other fields are indeed qualified for the MSW program if they have a minimal level of a 50 percent grade point average from a known university or college.
MSW Course Fees
Master of Social Work (MSW) is offered online and through distance education at associated universities. The minimum MSW course fees are INR 20,000, and the average maximum fee is INR 1,37,000. Students can pay the fees in multiple ways, like by credit card/debit card, UPI, and more.
MSW Course Duration
Master of Social Work (MSW) lasts two years. Students who want to take admitted to this course must have finished a bachelor’s degree with good marks from a UGC-authorized university. The admission process for the MSW course will be based on an entrance exam or merit-based.
MSW Entrance Exam 2024
There are no specific tests for MSW admission; however, universities screen students based on their performance in a written examination or talent evaluation form, accompanied by an individual interview.
- CUET PG: CUET PG: Almost 55+ universities including various central and private universities accepting the CUET PG entrance test in India. Common University Entrance Test is conducted by NTA for MSW and other master courses admission. The examination consists of 100 MCQs including 25 language/ general awareness questions and 75 domain-specific questions.
- TISS NET: The Tata Institute of Social Science administers the TISS NET entrance exam. TISS NET is an MCQ-type exam that contains queries about a High Level of awareness, Proficiency in the English Language, and other topics. This admissions test has a total of 100 queries and just a timescale of 100 minutes for solving all questions. Applicants in their last semester of BSW can take the exam.
- BHU PET: Banaras Hindu University administers the BHU PET exam for getting admission to numerous postgraduate programs, such as social work. Students must have a graduate school-level exam minimum score of 50 percent. Aspirants who are taking their last year’s exams can appear in the admissions test. The test has an optimum time limit of 2 hours.
- AMU CET: The Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) administers a university-level entrance examination called the AMU. MCQ-based, this exam assesses students’ conceptual understanding and capacity as well as their reasoning skills. The admissions test is only open to students who have already received a minimum of 50 percent in their bachelor’s study exam. A maximum age restriction of 27 years applies to the test.
MSW Entrance Exam Syllabus
Almost all the entrance exams conducted for MSW admissions are aptitude-based examinations. However, the syllabus of all levels of exams is the same such that it contains subjects like logical reasoning, general awareness, critical thinking, and proficiency in English. The question paper of every entrance exam usually contains a total number of 100 questions that are MCQ-based. One mark is given for each question, and negative marks are applicable.
MSW Course Distance Education Admission
The selection criteria for admission to a distance learning social work degree can vary depending on the institute. MSW, when offered in distance mode, the admissions are usually made on a merit basis. Students will need to submit their academic documents at the time of admission and also a caste certificate.
Candidates who want to apply for the Master of Social Work (MSW) Course in Distance Education Mode from IMTS Institute can fill out the above application form. After some time, our counselors will let you know everything regarding the MSW programme. The average duration of the course is about 2 Years.
Diploma holders are also sometimes acceptable for MSW correspondence course admission. However, students need to have marks not less than 50% in any graduate degree. At the time of admission, students can choose among various specializations for MSW.
Distance MSW Course Selection Process
In the selection process for the MSW course, candidates are selected based on their performance on the exams that they qualify for the course. Students will be required to take a test at the college once that step has been completed. The aspirant is selected for further examinations after he or she achieves a satisfactory result on all of those previous tests. After publishing the results of the entrance exams conducted by the university, students will be called for further admission process.
MSW Course Distance Education Fees
There are a number of institutes in India that offer MSW distance education. The course takes a minimum of two years to complete, and it can last up to five years. In general, it depends on how much time a student devotes to his or her studies and what his or her capacity is. Candidates who are unable to attend full-time classes will benefit greatly from this type of study. MSW tuition costs range from INR 2 L to INR 4 L per annum.
MSW Course Syllabus
There is a lot of similarity in the design of the curriculum at most of the best universities. However, the choice of optional topics varies. Exploration and survey training are the best ways to learn, and it gives students a taste of the information that will help them stay involved in social movements and improve their skills with specific cases and real projects.
This syllabus 2024 has a wide variety of topics on it, such as the history of social work, tribal anthropology, poverty reduction, microfinance, micro-businesses, etc. The MSW course syllabus includes topics like the history of social work, tribal anthropology, and social work.
What are the top MSW Course colleges in India?
For the Master of Social Work (MSW) Programme there are numerous colleges and universities in India from which students can choose such as IGNOU, Amity University, University of Lucknow, CCH University, Gurugram University, etc. Below, one can check out the university’s names in a city so that it would be more useful.
MSW Colleges in Delhi
In Delhi, there are many public and private colleges where students can study MSW programs. The MSW Course fees can vary from Rs 20,000 to Rs 137000.
- Amity University
- Manav Rachna International University
- Gotam Buddha University
- Gurugram University
- Al-Falah University
- CCS University
MSW Colleges in UP
There are numerous universities & colleges that provide MSW courses in UP after completion of BSW or Equivalent degree via any discipline university. Also, Students have to obtain minimum 50 percent marks. Selection for the course will be based on the merit and entrance exam. The tuition fee is INR 32000 to INR 82000. In the below section, some of the top colleges are mentioned.
- Aligarh Muslim University
- IFTM University
- Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University
- Amity University
- Shakuntala Misra National Rehabilitation University
- University of Lucknow
- Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith
- Chaudhary Charan Singh University
MSW Colleges in Haryana
Haryana has a lot of top academies that offer MSW courses for a price of between INR 9000 to INR 98000. Applications will be accepted by the eligible candidates only. Students from Haryana can apply at IMTS Institute. The institute is offering the course and best students support services including free counselling. Some of the colleges are:
- Amity University
- Al-Falah University
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- GD Goenka University
- Gurugram University
- Kurukshetra University
MSW Colleges in Punjab
MSW programs are offered by many top colleges in Punjab. There is an average fee amount of INR 9100 to INR 91,000 for students who wish to enrol in MSW in Punjab colleges. Among the best institutes that provide quality MSW education in Punjab are:
- CT University
- Punjab University
- Guru Nanak Dev University
- RIMT University
What is the Scope of MSW Degree?
A degree program at MSW offers an opportunity for students to give more solidity to their educational profile. Options for professional points of view emerge in good numbers as well. A Handsome salary package will be given to the new professionals in the associated field of Social Work which can range between INR 5.14 LPA to INR 8.2 LPA.
After completing this master of social work degree, students can go for research work and enrol in a PhD programme in the field of social work. Those who have earned an MSW degree from well-known institutions will have the opportunity to work in the public and private sectors. The top job profiles for MSW graduates are:
- Social Worker
- Training Coordinator
- Programme Coordinator
MSW Course Job Opportunities
- Research Assistants
- CSIR Officer
- Project Coordinator
- Social Worker
- General Manager
- Project Fellow
- Field Investigators
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) of MSW Course
Ques: How can I get admission to MSW at Delhi University?
Ans: Admission to the MSW program at Delhi University is only possible for students who have passed a Bachelor’s degree in social work with a minimum percentage of 50 from an accredited university or recognized institution.
Later, the candidates need to get shortlisted on behalf of the minimum cut-off score for the MSW degree program in one of the desired colleges at Delhi University. The cut-off scores vary from college to college at Delhi University.
Ques: Which degree is best for MSW?
Ans: Those who complete the BSW degree program remain perfect candidates for admission to the MSW degree program. MSW programs in Indian universities and colleges are also open to candidates with a BA/BSc degree.
Ques: What is the Highest Salary of MSW?
Ans: It is impossible to provide exact information about the highest salary after the MSW advanced degree program. However, after completing an MSW, one can expect to earn between 10 and 14 LPA in social work and related fields. Sometimes the package goes beyond this number and reaches an estimated 20 LPA. However, this is more common among experienced professionals.
Ques: What Job will get after MSW?
Ans: The postgraduate degree of MSW is helpful for candidates to secure any of the following jobs; consultants, training coordinators, public welfare managers, social workers, and so on. Normally, candidates find the above job positions quite comfortable in the employment industry.
Ques: How to crack MSW Entrance Exam?
Ans: In order to cross the hurdle of the MSW Entrance Examination for admission, it is important for aspirants to make a solid study plan. Aspirants need to put their sights on the previous year’s entrance examination papers to be prepared, ideally, for the objective category of questions.
Be the first to leave a review.