BTech Course: Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) is a four-year UG degree program. The program is awarded in the field of technology, and engineering. It has various specializations designed to teach and develop technical skills in the core of technology and development.
B.Tech program comprises common sense and hypothetical pieces of information. Individuals are also offered training in software, and hardware. A degree holder of B.Tech can begin their professional career in PSUs and Public Authority Sector. Eligible candidates can get admission to B.Tech four-year degree program after passing 12th with PCM, and securing a valid rank in university or national level exams like JEE Main.
The fee of the B.Tech degree program varies as per its specializations including Automobile, Aeronautical, Biotechnology, Civil, Mechanical, Electronics, & Electrical, Computer Science Engineering, etc. The average fee for the B.TECH specialized degree program hangs between INR 60,000 to 7 Lac. Applicants can deposit the respected technical program fees by using semester/yearly modes.
A general degree of B.Tech has been developed with several technologies and engineering-oriented subjects such as engineering physics, mathematics, engineering lab, electrical devices, microprocessors, thermodynamics lab, concrete structure, analogue circuits, digital signal processing, and more. The program has brought out the form of theory, and practical learning together.
A degree in the B.Tech specialized program can assist students in giving more strength to their academic/educational profile. Available programs option after passing BTech four-year degree includes M.Tech, PGDM, and MBA. Students shall seek the details of fees for the mentioned courses in the following sections of the article.
The professional scope for the B.Tech degree holders is pretty massive. Individuals can seek a career as civil engineers, mining engineers, mechanical engineering, etc. The average salary of the B.TECH professional goes between 5-12 LPA. In order to know more about the B.Tech degree program candidates can read the article’s established sections.
What is BTech?
The name of this program (Bachelor of Technology) indicates that the coursework provided focuses on improving student’s technical skills. Structural design, mechanical operations, artificial intelligence, constructional design, control systems, power electronics, and other areas are covered in the BTech curriculum.
In the technology industry, BTech courses are very much career-oriented. After completing their studies, students can apply for a variety of top positions. The same streams studied in BTech can be pursued in the master’s and doctoral levels.
BTech Course Quick Details
Bachelor of Technology is the full form for BTech. The merit of students is considered for BTech admissions, and their performance is evaluated through entrance exams. A few of the top popular and national-level BTech entrance exams are JEE Mains and JEE Advanced. IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, and IIT Madras are India’s top leading BTech colleges as per the NIRF ranking.
- There are many Institutes in India that offer five years of integrated BTech degree programs such as BTech+M-Tech.
- For students who have no access to physical classes due to financial and time restraints, BTech Distance Education is also given to such students.
- The BTech Distance Education course fee is lesser than the regular fees; in most Indian Institutes, it is up to INR 22000.
- BTech Specializations include BTech in Computer Science, BTech in IT, BTech in Biotechnology, etc.
- The annual fee for BTech courses is INR 250000 to INR 430000, and the annual salary for such graduates is about INR 5-7 lac.
- Some of the top BTech recruiters in India are Microsoft, Intel, Apple, ISRO, Amazon, TATA Consultancy, Hindustan Unilever, and soon. Students can also get education from foreign colleges to complete BTech and higher for M-tech.
All About BTech Course
A bachelor of Technology or Btech is a 4-year UG degree. The BTech course is a technical course that prepares students with the latest knowledge and skills that they require to match up with the technology in the professional world. Btech degree provides skills in the fields of Food Technology, Civil Engineering, Agriculture, and many more.
The BTech course is considered an opportunity for the students for learning about the various engineering practices and techniques. The students with an interest in learning about any engineering-related model can upraise their level by enrolling themselves on the BTech course.
The course aims at preparing students in every possible manner so that they can work and develop themselves as assets to the engineering world.
Why Study B.tech after 12th?
- Btech courses are an excellent opportunity for students to continue their studies after 12th in engineering.
- The Btech students gain theoretical and practical knowledge through training to meet the industrial requirements.
- Employment opportunities after Btech are numerous; students have great chances to be easily employed in related fields.
- Students who are passionate about technical studies and cannot get other higher degrees like M-Tech now can pursue BTech degrees to meet their career demands. This will help them save their money as the fee of BTech is lesser than M-Tech; also, they can save their time.
- In Btech colleges, students can also discuss and share many technical skills and important queries.
Who Should Pursue BTech?
As every field requires some expertise in learners, similarly there are some skills that a student must have to pursue this course, such as:
- Those who completed their studies up to 10 (+2 level and gained at least 55% to 60% in their previous examinations) are the perfect students to apply for BTech courses.
- Students who want to further move for M-Tech and PhD studies can get expertise in engineering and technology.
- Also, the candidates are passionate to be top researchers and conducting important discoveries in the related streams.
- Students who want to get positions such as engineers, IT specialists, Bio-technologist, and others must pursue this degree and gain the skills per the trending world’s needs.
When to Pursue BTech?
- After passing high school education in science subjects, the option to continue a science and technology or a BTech program should be made.
- A standard BTech Engineering program must be chosen directly following graduating from high school.
- Students who are already working can study for their BTech degree online or part-time.
- Those who want to work in technology must seek a Bachelor of Technology or Btech and provide unique concepts to the world to help it better.
- B.tech degree will be the stepping stone for passionate students, and they will definitely be employed in the private and public sectors.
B Tech courses after 12th
Once a student passes the 12th class most of the students who opted for the science stream, especially mathematics apply for admission in the BTech course. The duration of all the BTech courses is of 4 years in which the students are provided with the opportunity for learning about the basic curriculum and disciplines of the engineering prospect.
There are various B Tech courses after 12th offered for admission, some of them are:
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering.
- B.Tech in Chemical Engineering.
- B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- B.Tech in Electrical Engineering.
- B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering.
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering.
BTech Admission Process 2022
The admission process for BTech is organized into two types, ie the merit type and entrance exam type. Mostly the admissions are provided by evaluating students’ performance to make sure their eligibility for the BTech degree program. Aspirants who want to be enrolled in any top Btech institutes will have to appear in the entrance exam. Most of the universities in India accept the score of JEE Mains and JEE Advanced, which are national-level BTech exams conducted for admission.
Other than national entrance exams, students can also apply through state-level exams such as KEAM and WBJEE. Some other entrance exams, such as BITSAT and IISER, are conducted at the university level. Many universities in India conduct their organized entrance exam for Btech, mainly in April or May. To provide admissions to Btech students in 2022, NTA will conduct the JEE exam four times in the coming year. NTA will conduct the JEE in Feb, April, July, and August, of 2022.
Eligibility Criteria of BTech Course
Students who desire to be admitted to Btech courses must have passed the 10(+2 level education from well-known boards such as ICSE, CBSE, etc. It is also important for students to get a minimum of 60% score, and the SC/ST candidates will need these marks with a 5% relaxation. The main subjects of study in the 12th class must be Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry. In addition to the basic requirements, one must qualify for the entrance exams at university, state, or national levels such as JEE Main or JEE Advanced.
BTech Entrance Exam 2022
Admission tests for the engineering bachelor’s degree are conducted at the national, regional, and college levels to penetrate the BTech. Here are a few examples of these entrances:
JEE Main: It is a national-level exam organized to select eligible students for Btech courses. To qualify for this exam, students must prepare in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
JEE Advanced: JEE Advanced is administered on a rotating basis by one of the seven regional IITs. The only requirement for entrance to the Indian Institutes of Technology is the JEE Advanced.
KEAM: It is conducted by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala, to provide BTech admissions in various colleges of Kerala. KEAM is a state-level entrance exam.
WBJEE: It is an entrance exam conducted at the state level to provide admissions to students in various colleges of West Bengal for UG degrees in Engineering and Technology. WBJEE is going to be conducted in February 2022.
BITSAT: BITSAT is an admission Test conducted for integrated BTech programs.
BTech Entrance Exam Syllabus
Generally, in each entrance exam conducted for Btech, the sections are mostly the same. The syllabus mainly includes the section on Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry. However, there are different sections, such as in the JEE main exam; you will have to be prepared for aptitude and drawing tests. A subject of planning is also included for students of architecture. Each candidate will have to answer a maximum of 100 questions. For each wrong answer, a -1 mark will be added to your result.
BTech Course Admission 2022
BTech admissions 2022 through JEE main are expected to start in December 2021. In almost all colleges offering BTech degrees, the admission process is based on merit and evaluation through the entrance exam. Some institutes recognize the results of national-level exams, while others administer their tests.
Students who want to take the engineering entrance exam has to have at least 12 years of education. Several engineering entrance exams are being held for BTech admissions, such as JEE Main, JEE Advanced, and so on. The full admission process includes an entrance exam, the announcement of the results, counselling, the allocation of an admission notice, and the verification of documents.
BTech Course Syllabus
It is clear that BTech comes in a lot of different specializations, so the type of study subject may change. In the first year of each BTech program, a lot of the same things are taught: math, chemistry, physics, engineering graphics, environmental science and communication skills.
In the other three years of the BTech program, the major subjects of the specializations are introduced. The BTech course differs depending on the specialities given, but the BTech Curriculum at most universities in the nation is nearly identical with a little variance.
BTech Colleges in Delhi
Delhi has 315 number of the best BTech colleges. Among these colleges, 32 are public, and 283 are private BTech colleges. The IIT, JIIT, Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, and NSIT, are the top BTech colleges. The tuition fee in Delhi BTech colleges is INR 40000 to INR 670000.
Btech Colleges in Mumbai
Mumbai is home to some of India’s greatest colleges. In Mumbai, there are approximately 39 institutions that offer BTech programs. There are 32 private institutions and 7 public colleges among them. BTech institutes in Mumbai exclusively offer full-time programs. There are no part-time or online classes available. The annual average fee of BTech courses in Mumbai colleges is INR 85000 to 311500.
BTech Colleges in Bangalore
The number of top Btech colleges in Bangalore is 113, out of which 14 are public, and 9 are private -tech colleges. As per the data from numerous ranking agencies, RV College of Engineering is the top BTech College in Bangalore. Admissions to Btech colleges in Bangalore are dependent on entrance tests such as KEAM, UGET, KCET, COMEDK, and JEE main.
BTech Colleges in Hyderabad
After Bangalore, Hyderabad is a famous place of top Btech colleges. There are almost 15 public and 142 private colleges, thus forming 157 top Btech colleges. All Btech colleges in Hyderabad do not offer part-time programs but only offer full-time courses. The average annual fee in Hyderabad BTech colleges is INR 65000 to INR 190000.
Scope after BTech Course
The BTech course is considered as the primary step towards getting into the engineering discipline which is considered as one of the biggest sectors for jobs around the globe. The biggest reason among the students for opting to get admission in the BTech course is the scope that an applicant gets after passing this course.
The average salary amount that an applicant can get on passing this course can get from INR 3.12 LPA to INR 6.58 LPA.