BA Course: Bachelor of Arts is a 3-year UG degree course available in various specializations or disciplines. This course is offered in the arts or humanities field. Depending on the student’s needs, this graduate degree program can be completed in either in Regular mode, Distance mode, or Online mode of learning. In the Bachelor of Arts program, students can explore a variety of creative fields and learn about a variety of cultures.
A Bachelor of Arts degree can be specialized in many different areas, including English, History, Hindi, Sociology, Political Science, Urdu, Economics, Tamil, and Odia. A degree in the BA will allow individuals to better their educational profile by picking any offered option from the given such as MA, MBA, MJMC, LLB, B.Ed., etc. Fees and other significant details of the Mentioned program can be attained ahead in the article.
BA Course Admission Updates:
- IMTS Institute is offering admission to BA courses under numerous disciplines. Students with HSC or equivalent can apply for admission. The duly filled application form with the fee must be submitted before the deadline.
A BA degree Fee is between INR 10,000 and INR 65,000 per year. In India and overseas, BA graduates can take up junior positions such as Executive Assistant, HR Manager, Content Writer, Operations Manager, Graphic Designer, and others.
To be eligible for BA admission, you must have completed your 10+2 from an accredited school. Students are admitted to some universities based on their 10+2 grades, while others use entrance exam scores. How many subjects are there in BA course? Bachelor of Arts or BA course subjects vary as per the specializations. Generally, the course includes subjects like economics, English, Hindi, psychology & more.
BA Course Highlights
|BA Full Form||Bachelor of Arts|
|BA Course Admission||Application Based|
|BA Course Fee||INR 10,000 to 65,000 per year|
|BA Course Duration||2 years to 4 years|
|Eligibility For BA Course||10+2 With 50-55%|
|BA Course category||Under Graduate Programme|
|Structure Of BA Course Programme||Semester-wise/Yearly Mode|
As of right now, the IMTS Institute is accepting applications for distance and online BA courses in both the academic session 2023-24. Students who are interested in applying for the program are encouraged to do so as soon as possible. There will be more information about the BA Course and the admission process in this article.
Why Study BA From IMTS Institute?
IMTS Institute is one of the finest educational bodies in distance and online degree programs. The Institute has a successful history of over 17 years and it assisted more than 50,000 students in achieving their goals.
IMTS has not been recorded as having less than a 99 percent passing rate. It follows University Grants Commissions’ (UGC) norms in every manner. Someone who needs assistance in finding the best possible university for BA as per their location, age, fees, etc., gets proper support from our counselors.
BA Degree program is available in various universities through the distance and online modes. The basic eligibility criteria for admission to the BA 3-year undergraduate degree program is 10+2 with 35% marks from a recognized board in India. The actual eligibility of the BA program slightly differs from university to university.
The fee for the IMTS-promoted BA program varies from one institution to another. However, the approximate cost of the BA degree program in the online and distance learning modes ranges from INR 10,000 to INR 65,000 per year. The fee of the BA degree program can be paid part-wise.
IMTS offers numerous options for candidates to reach out such as websites, social media, WhatsApp, or contact numbers. Candidates who ping us on our official platforms will get a call in response to their query based on admission, course information, university availability, etc.
Our experienced counselors politely ask you some questions before they suggest you the best academic options in the form of courses, and universities. IMTS Institute does not believe in earning, but it believes in serving the better to make the nation empower.
Candidates are not required to make any payments in exchange for the services provided by IMTS. The program registration and tuition fee at the affiliated university are being asked for when the fee is mentioned. The support after admission remains constant for students.
|BSW Course||BBA Course|
|BCOM Course||BCA Course|
|BSC Course||BBM Course|
|BTech Course||BEd Course|
What is BA Course?
BA Course Full form is a Bachelor of Arts program, that is typically 3 years in length, regardless of whether it is a traditional regular, distance, or online program. The Bachelor of Arts degree is a combination of Humanities, Liberal Arts, and Social Studies. There are a number of subjects that can be chosen from among the BA Course Specializations, such as History, Sociology, English, Geography, Philosophy, Political Science, and Economics. Students who earn a BA will be able to pursue an MA or PhD in the same or a similar field of study after earning their BA.
As part of the BA Course, there are a number of basic and conceptual themes are covered. There are both elective subjects that are offered as part of a three-year UG program and core subjects that are not offered. Throughout the six semesters, the core subjects of the program were Ancient History, Modern European Drama, Introduction to Comparative Government and Politics, etc. The elective subjects, on the other hand, are taught about topics such as social action, movements, NGO movements, individual differences, spiritual literature, and more. It is important to keep in mind that there are four semesters in a BA program, electives, core subjects, and research projects.
Completion of a BA 3-year general degree enhances the chances for professional scope. Candidates start picking a career from office assistance, bank executive, content writing, freelancer, etc. An annual salary package of the BA Professional can be seen between 2-5 LPA.
Key Features of the BA Course
- BA is a 3-year bachelor’s degree.
- Those seeking a BA degree via distance learning can enroll in BA Distance Learning courses.
- A student must have a graduation grade of 50% or 45% for SC/ST applicants.
- Most top BA colleges in India will begin admission in July 2023.
- Those who get the best jobs can go to public colleges like Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College and IPU.
- Students who graduate with a BA in Anthropology, English, or Economics will get high salary packages.
- After receiving a BA, most students pursue an MBA for better job opportunities and pay.
- Mostly BA graduates study for public exams like the UPSC to become IPS or IAS.
BA Courses List
|BA Bengali||BA Journalism|
|BA Bengali Hons||BA Kannada|
|BA Computer Applications||BA Criminology|
|BA LLB Hons||BA Marathi|
|BA Economics Hons||BA Mathematics|
|BA Education||BA Music|
|BA Education Hons||BA Music Vocal|
|BA English Hons||
BA Philosophy Hons
|BA English Literature||
BA Physical Education
|BA Fine Arts||
BA Foreign Languages
|BA Political Science Hons||
BA Functional English
BA Psychology Hons
|BA Geography Hons||
BA Public Administration
|BA Hindi||BA Sanskrit|
|BA Hindi Hons||
BA Sanskrit Hons
|BA Hindi Literature||
BA Sociology Hons
|BA History Hons||BA Statistics|
|BA Home Science||BA Tamil|
|BA Tamil Literature||BA Urdu|
|BA Accountancy||BA Arabic|
|BA Ancient History||BA Astrology|
Why Study BA Course After 12th?
With over 9 million people choosing a BA after the 12th, it has always been a popular degree. Among the Reasons to pursue a BA after high school is: A BA degree opens up more job opportunities than a UG degree in business or science. Unlike a B.Com, BSc, or BBA, a BA covers a wide range of topics.
Upon graduation from a university, you will be able to choose from a variety of career opportunities within the health care sector, business sector, finance sector, and many others. In most cabinet positions as well as public tests, applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in the arts or a related field in order to be considered for the position. A major benefit of this degree is that it provides an understanding of culture that is not available in any other degree program. As a part of our program, we place a great deal of emphasis on the development of interpersonal and social skills.
BA Course Admission 2023
Academic and competitive tests are available in India for BA admission. Institutions create a cut-off list, and if your overall score falls within that range, you can enroll. Some universities, like Banaras Hindu University, require entrance exams like DUET, BHU UET, and JNUEE.
Students must enroll, submit papers, and pay the registration fee for the admission exam. The only distinction is that one must obtain hall tickets and appear for entry.
BA admissions in 2023 will require a minimum of 35% in 10+2 in up to 90% of top colleges. Top entrance exams include CUEE, DUET, JNUEE, BHU UET, etc.
Who should Pursue BA Course?
- BA in Literature is a good option for people who want to study diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Those concerned with human psychology and how to cope with mental trauma and accompanying medical conditions can pursue a BA in psychology.
- Bachelor of Arts learners can also pursue geography through BA Geography or historical through BA History if they wish to learn more about the planet and its past.
- Individuals who desire to specialize in one of the tongues can pursue a BA degree in various specializations such as BA French, BA English, BA Hindi, etc.
- BA also enables learners who desire to take up a job in media to pursue BA Journalism and gain work at well-known media organizations.
- People who have passed the 12th class may be interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Leading BA institutions consider candidates with a grade point average of 65% for admittance to their BA courses.
- As a result, an applicant must strive to achieve high grades in board exams to enroll in the ideal BA institutes in India and study Bachelor of Arts immediately afterward.
When should I do a Bachelor of Arts?
- Bachelor of Arts programs is available to students who have completed class 12.
- Students with 95% or higher in class 12 are considered for admission to top BA colleges.
- To get admission to the most prestigious BA colleges in India, an aspirant must score good marks in class 12 itself.
Types of BA Course
Full-time BA degree programs are available for three years. There is also online, and part-time mode of BA courses offered in various Indian institutes. Following are some major types of BA courses offered in India.
Trending Online Courses in India 2023
|Online BA||Online MA|
|Online BBA||Online MBA|
|Online BCA||Online MCA|
|Online BSC||Online MCOM|
|Online BCOM||Online Diploma|
Both entrance exams and merit are used to determine admission to the BA program. Some universities do not require an entrance exam for direct admission to the BA program. Results from the BA entrance exams should be available to applicants. Although colleges have different admissions processes, the steps are generally the same.
Full-time BA Course
The full-time BA program is a popular course type in India. Many top colleges in India offer full-time BA programs, and this type is provided via entrance exam performance and final exam merit. Most institutes charge between INR 10,000 to INR 65,000 annually for a full-time BA, and private colleges charge between INR 30,000 to INR 1,00,000 annually.
Part-Time BA Course
Part-time BA programs are also available. This is for students who need to work part-time to meet their financial needs. Many Indian institutions have encouraged these students to take part-time courses, enabling them to work and study. The academic cost of these courses is not higher than full-time courses.
Online BA Course
Many websites offer affordable online BA courses. Amity University offers a Bachelor of Arts degree online. Applicants for this type must have completed 12th grade with an average aggregate score. This three-year course costs INR 15000 at Amity. These courses are heavily promoted in foreign universities. The BA entrance exam does not require students to be of a certain age.
BA Course Eligibility Criteria
The first step towards enrolment in a BA program is to understand what is required. For students to be eligible for the BA degree program, they must have completed their high school diploma (10+2) from a recognized education board. Many colleges and universities require students to take entrance exams. Some colleges require that a student score at least 50% on their 12th-grade exam. Participants in this course are of any age.
- The eligibility criteria for BA admission are a bit different in most colleges. However, there are similarities in the fundamental requirements as listed below:
- A lower limit of 40-50 percent in 12th Standard from any reputed institute is required for fundamental Bachelor of Arts qualifications.
- To learn at Delhi University, Mumbai University, or other elite colleges, one must obtain a grade point average of 90%.
- According to regulatory requirements, SC/ST/OBC/Disabled applicants receive a 5% comfort.
BA Distance Education
Distance BA courses are now being offered in many country institutes. Top Distance colleges such as TNOU, IGNOU, and Karnataka State Open University choose thousands of Indian students to pursue their BA Distance degrees. There are classes taken weekly with a syllabus almost very similar to the syllabus of regular BA courses.
BA Distance Admission Process
- The distance BA admission process is completely merit-based. A merit list based on the marks of the 12th class will be issued for the selections of students in their desired colleges. To apply for BA distance admission, follow the procedure given below:
- You can go to the university’s main page, fill out the registration form, and submit it after uploading the required documents.
- Students can apply via the offline system by sending the required documents and application form to the address of the main university campus.
BA Course Syllabus
The BA curriculum varies depending on the route, but the following are common BA subjects taught in class and courses. English, History, JMC, Linguistics, Psychology, Philosophy, Sociology, Hindi, Religious Studies, French, and Media Studies are common BA subjects. The course also includes major subjects related to specializations and electives.
BA Course Entrance Exams 2023
There is a collection of admission tests for students interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree. For your convenience, some of the leading admission tests and other important necessities are mentioned below.
- BHU UET: Banaras Hindu University conducts the BHU UET admission test for BA enrollments. Students who desire to study BA at BHU will qualify for the BHU UET exam.
- IPU CET: Indraprastha University conducts a common entrance test each year to provide admission to its various courses, including the BA degree program.
- JNUEE: Every year, JNUEE is conducted at the university level. The question paper will consist of 70 MCQs of 70 marks, and the remaining 30 marks will be for viva voice. A counseling round is also organized even after the written test.
- NPAT is an institute-level entrance exam conducted by the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies for admission to UG courses such as BA. NPAT 2023 registrations will start in February 2023.
- TISS BAT: An entrance exam taken to provide admission to BA courses in Social Work and Social Science specializations. TISS BAT question paper will consist of two parts.
BA Entrance Exam Pattern
There are various BA entrance exams for which the syllabus may be varying in some cases. Mainly the entrance exam contains English Language Proficiency, General Intelligence, Reasoning, Numerical Ability, and Quantitative Analysis. A total of 120 questions are provided to students for solving to obtain 100 marks as a whole. The language that is officially used for the question paper is English.
Top BA Colleges in India
The top colleges for BA courses are St. Stephens College, Christ University, Miranda House, and others. Some institutions provide enrollment to Bachelor of Arts depending on merit. In contrast, others, such as Jadavpur University and Presidency University Kolkata, offer entrance to Bachelor of Arts on the premise of admission test.
BA Colleges in Delhi
Delhi has 287 colleges offering BA degrees. Both private and public BA colleges in Delhi total 287 students. Private and public BA colleges charge different tuition fees. About 8000 in public colleges, and 150000 in private. New Delhi’s top BA colleges include Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Miranda House, GD Goenka University, Hindu College, Hansraj College, Ramjas College.
BA Colleges in Bangalore
Top BA colleges abound in Bangalore. It has nearly 106 colleges offering BA programs in various specializations, and 104 colleges are offering full-time BA programs, 86 private and 18 public. The average BA course fee ranges from INR 19000 to INR 200000. The top BA colleges in Bangalore are Jyoti Nivas, Sindhi, MES, Mount Carmel, and so on. The admission process in most universities is entrance examination based. Only candidates with higher merit scores in the entrance test will be awarded seats in BA Course.
BA Colleges in Mumbai
Some of the best BA colleges in Mumbai provide BA education. There are 87 BA colleges, 67 of these colleges are private, and 20 are public. Schools like Sophia College for Women, Wilson College, and Mithibai College of Arts offer BA programs in Mumbai. The average BA course fee in Mumbai colleges is INR 4000-40000.
BA Colleges in Hyderabad
There are nearly 44 renowned colleges in Hyderabad that offer BA degrees. The average tuition fees for BA courses in Hyderabad averagely from INR 4000 to INR 65000. It is a popular choice among the popular BA colleges in Hyderabad, like Nizam College and Osmania University.
Scope of BA Course
Employment Options Following a BA are rich and diverse, depending on BA concentration, area, and job description. BA English, BA Anthropology, and BA Economics are India’s top-earning pay scales. BA in economics can achieve INR 700,000 per annum, whereas a BA in anthropology can make INR 9,25,000 per annum.
What is the salary after BA Course?
There is a minimum salary range of around INR 18,000–25,000 for BA students with less than a year of experience. It is important to note that the price range varies from one location to another. There are several metropolitan cities in India where you can expect to earn a minimum salary of 22,000 to 28, 000 INR per month, including Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, etc.