BA Course: Bachelor of Arts is a 3-year UG degree course available in various specializations or disciplines. This course is offered in the arts or humanities field. A Bachelor of Arts degree can be specialized in many different areas, including English, History, Hindi, Sociology, Political Science, Urdu, Economics, Tamil, and Odia.
A degree in the BA will allow individuals to better their educational profile by picking any offered option from the given such as Master of Arts, MJMC, Master of Business Administration, LLB, B.Ed., etc. Fees and other significant details of the Mentioned program can be attained ahead in the article. Depending on the student’s needs, this graduate degree program can be completed in either Regular mode, Distance mode, or Online mode of learning. In the Bachelor of Arts program, students can explore a variety of creative fields and learn about a variety of cultures.
One can grab admission opportunities to a BA degree program after passing the 12th examination from an approved board, university, or institution. The minimum mark percentage needed for bachelor’s degree admission in the arts is 35% in the qualifying or senior secondary examination.
The approximate fee for the BA degree program at UGC-approved universities is 10,000 to 15,000 Indian rupees per year. Significant differences in the BA degree fee occur from one institution to another due to the on/off-campus services and facilities offered by the universities.
The universities in India, especially for regular BA degree programs, have to follow entrance examinations such as CUET, IPU CET, BHU UET, and so on. If keen aspirants want to avoid entrance exams, they can do so by applying for IMTS Institute’s recommended distance learning/online BA degree programs.
BA Course Admission Process IMTS Institute:
One can successfully get admission to the BA degree program at IMTS Institute’s counseled colleges or universities by following the path below.
- Log on to the official website of IMTS Institute “https://imtsinstitute.com/“.
- Open the Application Form.
- Press the editing bar and complete registration.
- The capable counselors may shortly connect to the registered candidates.
- The on-call communication is made to schedule online/offline counseling.
- It is only students who can decide the date and the time (only on working hours) as well as the mode of counseling.
- The counseling session can only succeed when enrolled students share true information with the attending counselor.
- Given information may lead individuals to the best career guidance for the BA degree program.
- If students find it difficult to visit or pay the amount on their own, IMTS Institute may be able to assist them in paying the BA admission/registration fee at the recommended universities.
- Students can eliminate their admissions concerns by calling the Admission Counseling Team at 92 10 98 98 98 between the hours of 10 am and 7 pm.
Trending UG Courses Admission for 2023-24 Session
|BA Course||BBA Course|
|B.Sc Course||B.Com Course|
|BCA Course||BSW Course|
|BAF Course||BBM Course|
|B.Tech Course||BEd Course|
BA Course Highlights
|BA Full Form||Bachelor of Arts|
|BA Course Admission||Application Based|
|BA Course Fee||INR 10,000 to 15,000 per year|
|BA Course Duration||3 years to 6 years|
|Eligibility For BA Course||10+2 With 35-40%|
|BA Course category||Under Graduate Programme|
|Structure Of BA Course Programme||Semester-wise/Yearly Mode|
As of right now, the IMTS Institute is accepting applications for distance and online BA courses in both the academic session 2023-24. Students who are interested in applying for the program are encouraged to do so as soon as possible. There will be more information about the BA Course and the admission process in this article.
Why Study BA From IMTS Institute?
IMTS Institute is one of the finest educational bodies in distance and online degree programs. The Institute has a successful history of over 17 years and it assisted more than 55,000+ students in achieving their goals.
IMTS has not been recorded as having less than a 99 percent passing rate. It follows University Grants Commissions’ (UGC) norms in every manner. Someone who needs assistance in finding the best possible university for BA as per their location, age, fees, etc., gets proper support from our counselors.
BA Degree program is available in various universities through distance and online modes. The basic eligibility criteria for admission to the BA 3-year undergraduate degree program is 10+2 with 35% marks from a recognized board in India. The actual eligibility of the BA program slightly differs from university to university.
The fee for the IMTS-promoted BA program varies from one institution to another. However, the approximate cost of the BA degree program in the online and distance learning modes ranges from INR 10,000 to INR 15,000 per year. The fee of the BA degree program can be paid part-wise.
IMTS offers numerous options for candidates to reach out such as websites, social media, WhatsApp, or contact numbers. Candidates who ping us on our official platforms will get a call in response to their query based on admission, course information, university availability, etc.
Our experienced counselors politely ask you some questions before they suggest you the best academic options in the form of courses, and universities. IMTS Institute does not believe in earning, but it believes in serving the better to make nation empower.
Candidates are not forced to make any kind of payment in exchange for IMTS’s services in any way. When the fee is indicated, participants will be expected to pay both the programme registration fee and the tuition fee at the linked university. After acceptance, students continue to receive the same level of support.
|MA Course||MBA Course|
|M.Sc Course||M.Com Course|
|MCA Course||MSW Course|
|MSC IT Course||PhD Course|
What is BA Course?
BA Course Full form is a Bachelor of Arts program that is typically 3 years in length, regardless of whether it is a traditional regular, distance, or online program. The Bachelor of Arts degree is a combination of the Humanities, Liberal Arts, and Social Studies. There are a number of subjects that can be chosen from among the BA Course Specializations, such as History, Sociology, English, Geography, Philosophy, Political Science, and Economics. Students who earn a BA will be able to pursue an MA or any professional course in the same or a similar field of study after earning their BA.
BA Courses cover basic and conceptual topics. During a three-year UG program, elective and core subjects are offered. Over the course of six semesters, students studied Ancient History, Modern European Drama, Introduction to Comparative Government and Politics, and other core subjects. However, electives cover topics such as social action, movements, NGO movements, individual differences, spiritual literature, and others.
Trending Online Courses in India 2023
|Online BA||Online MA|
|Online BBA||Online MBA|
|Online BCA||Online MCA|
|Online BSC||Online MCOM|
|Online BCOM||Online Diploma|
With a Bachelor of Arts degree, which is a three-year general degree, you can have a wider range of career options. Applicants choose a career path, such as administrative assistant, bank executive, content writer, freelancer, and so on. BA Professionals typically earn between 2 and 5 LPAs per year.
Key Features of the BA Course
- BA is a 3-year bachelor’s degree.
- Those seeking a BA degree via distance learning can enroll in BA Distance Learning courses.
- A student must have a graduation grade of 35% for SC/ST applicants.
- Most top BA colleges in India begin admission now.
- Students who graduate with a BA in Anthropology, English, or Economics will get high salary packages.
- After receiving a BA, most students pursue an MBA for better job opportunities and pay.
- Mostly BA graduates study for public exams like the UPSC to become IPS or IAS.
BA Courses List
|BA Bengali||BA Journalism|
|BA Bengali Hons||BA Kannada|
|BA Computer Applications||BA Criminology|
|BA LLB Hons||BA Marathi|
|BA Economics Hons||BA Mathematics|
|BA Education||BA Music|
|BA Education Hons||BA Music Vocal|
|BA English Hons||
BA Philosophy Hons
|BA English Literature||
BA Physical Education
|BA Fine Arts||
BA Foreign Languages
|BA Political Science Hons||
BA Functional English
BA Psychology Hons
|BA Geography Hons||
BA Public Administration
|BA Hindi||BA Sanskrit|
|BA Hindi Hons||
BA Sanskrit Hons
|BA Hindi Literature||
BA Sociology Hons
|BA History Hons||BA Statistics|
|BA Home Science||BA Tamil|
|BA Tamil Literature||BA Urdu|
|BA Accountancy||BA Arabic|
|BA Ancient History||BA Astrology|
Why Study BA Course After 12th?
With over 9 million people choosing a BA after the 12th, it has always been a popular degree. Among the Reasons to pursue a BA after high school is: A BA degree opens up more job opportunities than a UG degree in business or science. Unlike a B.Com, BSc, or BBA, a BA covers a wide range of topics.
Upon graduation from a university, you will be able to choose from a variety of career opportunities within the healthcare sector, business sector, finance sector, and many others. In most cabinet positions as well as public tests, applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in the arts or a related field to be considered for the position. A major benefit of this degree is that it provides an understanding of culture that is not available in any other degree program. As a part of our program, we place a great deal of emphasis on the development of interpersonal and social skills.
BA Course Admission 2023
Academic and competitive tests are available in India for BA admission. Institutions create a cut-off list, and if your overall score falls within that range, you can enroll. Some universities, like Banaras Hindu University, require entrance exams like CUET, BHU UET, and JNUEE.
Students must enroll, submit papers, and pay the registration fee for the admission exam. The only distinction is that one must obtain hall tickets and appear for entry.
BA admissions in 2023 will require a minimum of 35% in 10+2 for top colleges. Top entrance exams include CUEE, CUET, JNUEE, BHU UET, etc.
Trending Updates for BA Course Admission 2023
- PTSNS University has opened registration for its BA program. The deadline for applications is 15 June 2023.
- BA course is currently offered at Doon University and the application deadline is 3 June 2023.
- Admissions for BA courses at Mohanlal Sukhadia University Udaipur are open until 20 June 2023.
- Annamalai University is inviting applicants for admission to this course and the application’s last date is 15 June 2023.
- At Mumbai University, Students can submit their admission forms for the BA course till 12 June 2023.
- IGNOU July Session registration is now open for BA Course. The deadline to apply for this session is 30 June 2023.
Who Should Pursue BA Course?
- BA degrees can be obtained in various specializations such as BA French, BA Geography, BA English, BA Hindi, BA Economics, BA History, BA JMC, etc.
- BA programs at top schools consider candidates with grade point averages of 55%.
- In order to enroll in the best BA institutes in India and study Bachelor of Arts immediately afterward, an applicant must attain high grades in board exams.
Those interested in studying different cultures and backgrounds may benefit from a BA in Literature.
- A BA in psychology can be pursued by those interested in human psychology, mental trauma, and accompanying medical conditions.
- There are many benefits to pursuing a BA Journalism degree. It offers learners the opportunity to land a job at a well-known media organization, as well as the opportunity to pursue a media career.
When should I do a Bachelor of Arts?
- Bachelor of Arts programs is available to students who have completed class 12.
- Students with a high percentage or higher in class 12 are considered for admission to top BA colleges.
- To get admission to the most prestigious BA colleges in India, an aspirant must score good marks in class 12 itself.
Types of BA Course
The BA degree program can be completed full-time in three years under the direction of a faculty member. A number of Indian institutes also offer part-time and online courses in the field of BA for students who wish to pursue this course. The following are some of the major types of BA courses that are offered in India.
Admission to the BA program is based on both entrance exams and merit. Some universities do not require an entrance exam for direct admission to the BA program. It is expected that applicants will have access to the results of their BA entrance exams. College admissions processes may differ, but the steps are generally the same.
Full-time BA Course
The full-time BA program is a popular course type in India. Many top colleges in India offer full-time BA programs, and this type is provided via entrance exam performance and final exam merit. Most institutes charge between INR 10,000 to INR 25,000 annually for a full-time BA, and private colleges charge between INR 30,000 to INR 1,00,000 annually.
Part-Time BA Course
Part-time BA programs are also available. This is for students who need to work part-time to meet their financial needs. Many Indian institutions have encouraged these students to take part-time courses, enabling them to work and study. The academic cost of these courses is INR 10000 to 15, 000 per year.
Online BA Course
Many websites offer affordable online BA courses. Amity University offers a Bachelor of Arts degree online. Applicants for this type must have completed 12th grade with an average aggregate score. This three-year course costs INR 15000 at Amity. These courses are heavily promoted in foreign universities. The BA entrance exam does not require students to be of a certain age.
Top BA Course Specializations in India
The Bachelor of Arts (BA) is an undergraduate with three years duration program and is one of the most famous courses in any course that offers students massive choices with many specializations such as BA (History), BA (English), BA (Psychology), and so on. This course has huge career opportunities in various fields to know the Top BA Specialization in a very elaborate way read below.
Bachelor of Arts or BA in Economics focuses on economic theory, quantitative methods, banking, insurance, government pursuits, etc. Applicants who have completed their 10+2 class can opt for this undergraduate course. The fee for a BA Economics course approx is INR 12,000 to 50,000 per annum. After completing BA Economics course students will get various job opportunities such as Teacher, investment analyst, financial consultant, economist, accountant, and so on.
To learn the psychology at UG level, the best option to pursue is a BA Psychology course. The topics like cognitive, organizational, Bio Psychology & more are included in the BA course in Psychology curriculum. The program is of 3 years in duration, available only for students who have completed their 12th-class education from a recognized institute. There are multiple institutes that provide BA Psychology courses in different modes like Regular, Distance & Online.
BA Public Administration
BA in Public Administration provides learners with options for managing services in governmental offices and non-governmental organizations. After completing this course students can obtain various job opportunities such as corporate manager, administrative, management analyst, and so on. Specifically, students learn about public policies in favor of the public, public law, and public policy and how to implement them. Those who have obtained their undergraduate degree in any relevant subjects can apply for this undergraduate course in Public Administration.
There are a number of famous universities and colleges that execute this program. The fee for this BA Public Administration course approximately is INR 9,000 to 36,000 per annum.
BA Course Eligibility Criteria
The first step towards enrolment in a BA program is to understand what is required. For students to be eligible for the BA degree program, they must have completed their high school diploma (10+2) from a recognized education board. Many colleges and universities require students to take entrance exams. Some colleges require that a student score at least 50% on their 12th-grade exam. Participants in this course are of any age.
- The eligibility criteria for BA admission are a bit different in most colleges. However, there are similarities in the fundamental requirements as listed below:
- A lower limit of 35 percent in 12th Standard from any reputed institute is required for fundamental Bachelor of Arts qualifications.
- To learn at Delhi University, Mumbai University, or other elite colleges, one must obtain a grade point average of 90%.
- According to regulatory requirements, SC/ST/OBC/Disabled applicants receive a 5% comfort.
BA Distance Education
Distance BA courses are now being offered in many country institutes. Top Distance colleges such as TNOU, IGNOU, and Karnataka State Open University choose thousands of Indian students to pursue their BA Distance degrees. There are classes taken weekly with a syllabus almost very similar to the syllabus of regular BA courses.
BA Distance Admission Process
- The distance BA admission process is completely merit-based. A merit list based on the marks of the 12th class will be issued for the selections of students in their desired colleges. To apply for BA distance admission, follow the procedure given below:
- You can go to the university’s main page, fill out the registration form, and submit it after uploading the required documents.
- Students can apply via the offline system by sending the required documents and application form to the address of the main university campus.
BA Course Syllabus
The BA curriculum varies depending on the route, but the following are common BA subjects taught in class and courses. English, History, JMC, Linguistics, Psychology, Philosophy, Sociology, Hindi, Religious Studies, French, and Media Studies are common BA subjects. The course also includes major subjects related to specializations and electives.
BA Course Entrance Exams 2023
There is a collection of admission tests for students interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree. For your convenience, some of the leading admission tests and other important necessities are mentioned below.
- BHU UET: Banaras Hindu University conducts the BHU UET admission test for BA enrollments. Students who desire to study BA at BHU will qualify for the BHU UET exam.
- IPU CET: Indraprastha University conducts a common entrance test each year to provide admission to its various courses, including the BA degree program.
- CUET UG: Common University Entrance Test UG, is a national-level exam conducted by NTA every year to determine students for admission to undergraduate programmes at many Indian universities. The exam will be held in CBT (computer-based test) mode.
- JNUEE: Every year, JNUEE is conducted at the university level. The question paper will consist of 70 MCQs of 70 marks, and the remaining 30 marks will be for viva voice. A counseling round is also organized even after the written test.
- NPAT is an institute-level entrance exam conducted by the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies for admission to UG courses such as BA.
- TISS BAT: An entrance exam taken to provide admission to BA courses in Social Work and Social Science specializations. TISS BAT question paper will consist of two parts.
BA Entrance Exam Pattern
There are various BA entrance exams for which the syllabus may be varying in some cases. Mainly the entrance exam contains English Language Proficiency, General Intelligence, Reasoning, Numerical Ability, and Quantitative Analysis. A total of 120 questions are provided to students for solving to obtain 100 marks as a whole. The language that is officially used for the question paper is English.
Top BA Colleges in India
The top colleges for BA courses are St. Stephens College, Christ University, Miranda House, and others. Some institutions provide enrollment to Bachelor of Arts depending on merit. In contrast, others, such as Jadavpur University and Presidency University Kolkata, offer entrance to Bachelor of Arts on the premise of admission test.
Top BA Colleges in Delhi
Delhi has 287 colleges offering BA degrees. Both private and public BA colleges in Delhi for students. Private and public BA colleges charge different tuition fees. About 8000 in public colleges, and 150000 in private. New Delhi’s top BA colleges include:
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women
- Miranda House, GD Goenka University
- Hindu College
- Hansraj College
- Ramjas College
- Gargi College
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Amity University
Top BA College in UP
For BA course, there are approx 488 colleges in UP that offers this three-year undergraduate degree course in various disciplines. Major admissions depend on the entrance test while some offer admissions on a merit basis. The fee range for pursuing a BA course in UP lies between INR 6,000 to 63,000. Some of the Top colleges are mentioned below:
- Isabella Thoburn Degree College
- Shia PG College
- University of Lucknow
- Subharty University
- National Post Graduate College
- J.V.Jain College
- DAV College
- Navyug Kanya Mahavidyalaya
- Amity University
Top BA Colleges in Haryana
Top BA colleges abound in Haryana. It has nearly 106 colleges offering BA programs in various specializations, and 104 colleges are offering full-time BA programs, 86 private and 18 public. The average BA course fee ranges from INR 19000 to INR 200000. The admission process in most colleges is entrance examination based. Only candidates with higher merit scores in the entrance test will be awarded seats in BA Course. The top BA colleges in Haryana are:
- Kurukshetra University
- Bhagat Phool Singh Mahila Vishwavidyalaya
- CRM Jat College
- Chaudhary Devi Lal University
- Maharshi Dayanand University
- K. R. Mangalam University
- Dayanand College
- Ashoka University
- Government Post Graduate College
- Sanatan Dharma College
Top BA Colleges in Punjab
Some of the best BA colleges in Punjab provide BA education. There are 87 BA colleges, 67 of these colleges are private, and 20 are public. The admission process in these colleges depends on merit scores or entrance tests. The average BA course fee in Punjab colleges is INR 4000-40000. Some of them are:
- Punjab University
- Guru Nanak Dev University
- Kanya Maha Vidyalaya
- Arya College
- BBK Dav College
- Khalsa College
- RIMT University
- Rayat Bahra University
Top BA Colleges in Hyderabad
There are nearly 44 renowned colleges in Hyderabad that offer BA degrees. The average tuition fees for BA courses in Hyderabad averagely from INR 4000 to INR 65000. It is a popular choice among the popular BA colleges in Hyderabad, like Nizam College and Osmania University.
Scope of BA Course
Employment Options Following a BA are rich and diverse, depending on BA concentration, area, and job description. BA English, BA Anthropology, and BA Economics are India’s top-earning pay scales. A BA in economics can achieve INR 700,000 per annum, whereas a BA in anthropology can make INR 9,25,000 per annum.
What is the salary after BA Course?
There is a minimum salary range of around INR 18,000–25,000 for BA students with less than a year of experience. It is important to note that the price range varies from one location to another. There are several metropolitan cities in India where you can expect to earn a minimum salary of 22,000 to 28, 000 INR per month, including Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ques 1: What is the BA course?
Ans: BA is the short form of Bachelor of Art, It is a 3-year duration undergraduate course.
Ques 2: What is the best course in BA?
Ans: There are a lot of specializations available in BA courses. Students can choose according to their interests.
Ques 3: What is BA salary?
Ans: Students can earn a decent package of 3 L to 6 L per annum after completing the course. They can work in both the private and government sectors.
Ques 4: Is BA good in the future?
Ans: Yes, BA is good for the future. Students have several options after completing the degree. They can go for post-graduation or choose a job according to their subjects.
Ques 5: What are the advantages of studying BA?
Ans: A BA program enhances students’ creativity, problem-solving ability, interpersonal skills, and communication abilities.