BA Course: A Bachelor of Arts (BA) is a three-year UG degree course. The course is offered in the arts, and humanities stream. Bachelor’s degree program in Arts consists of general as well as specialized studies. Variants of BA are English, Hindi, Geography, Political Science, History, Economics, and more. In order to proceed to the higher, and in-depth studies for the particular subject of arts, and humanities, students are required to pass the ug degree in BA general or Honors.
Three-year degree program of BA will need a minimum of 10th or 12th or equivalent from a state or central board of India for admission. Fees for the BA program differ in colleges or universities. However, the average fee for BA general degree program is INR 7,200. Fee Deposits are accepted via credit, debit, net banking, or any other offered option.
The course of the BA program includes several basic and conceptual themes. A three-year ug degree program comprises both: elective, and core subjects. The six semesters’ core subjects held Ancient History, Modern European Drama, Introduction to Comparative Government & Politics, etc. While, Elective subjects are taught about social action, movements, NGO movements, individual differences, spiritual literature, and more. The course structure of BA poses four semesters, elective subjects, core subjects, ug course, and research project.
A degree in the BA will allow individuals to better their educational profile by picking any offered option from the given such as MA, MBA, MJMC, LLB, BEd, etc. Fees and other significant details of the Mentioned program can be attained ahead in the article.
Completion of a BA three-year general degree enhances the chances for professional scope. Candidates start picking a career from office assistance, bank executive, content writer, freelancer, etc. An annual salary package of the BA Professional can be seen between 2-5 LPA.
The process of admission into BA course is going on at the IMTS Institute for the academic session 2022-23 via distance and online modes, all aspiring students can fill out the registration form before the announced last date.
More can be learned about BA Course and its admission process ahead in the article.
BA Course Highlights
|Course Name||BA Programme|
|BA Full Form||Bachelor of Arts|
|BA Course Admission||Application Based|
|BA Course Fee||INR 10,000 and 50,000 per year|
|BA Course Duration||2 years or in 4 years|
|Eligibility For BA Course||10+2 With 50-55%|
|BA Course category||UG|
|Structure Of BA Course Programme||Semester-wise|
Detailed information about the Bachelor of Arts Course
Bachelor of arts degrees can be specialized. For instance, BSCES degrees in English, BSCES degrees in Hindi, degrees in Political Science, etc. Students select a specialization based on their career goals. Job opportunities in BA are as diverse as the specializations offered.
If you graduate with a BA degree, you may become a probationary officer or an IAS officer after you graduate. Graduates from Bachelor of Arts programs can work as content writers, freelancers, or technical writers. The salary range for a content writer is between INR 20,00,000 and INR 40,00,000
Full-time students are not the only option for Bachelor of Arts students. Students who wish to earn a BA through distance education are famous. There is no better option than IGNOU for those looking for a BA degree for a low cost of INR 6000.
What is BA Course?
Bachelor of Arts degrees usually take three years to complete. Humanities, liberal arts, literature, psychology, and many other specializations are available to students. This course appears to be career-oriented after completion.
Including both traditional and remote programs, the average Bachelor of Arts program lasts three years. Bachelor of Arts degrees cover Humanities, Liberal Arts, and Social Studies. There are a variety of specialities available in the Bachelor of Arts program, including History, Sociology, English, Geography, Philosophy, Political Science, Economics, and others. In the same or a similar field, learners can earn an MA or a PhD after earning a BA.
BA Course Details: Key Features
- A BA is a three-year bachelor’s degree.
- Those seeking a BA degree via distance learning can enrol in BA Distance Learning courses.
- A student must have a graduation grade of 50% or 45% for SC/ST applicants.
- Most top BA colleges in India will begin admission in July 2022.
- Those who get the best jobs can go to public colleges like Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College and IPU.
- Students who graduate with a BA in Anthropology, English, or Economics will get high salary packages.
- After receiving a BA, most students pursue an MBA for better job opportunities and pay.
- Mostly BA graduates study for public exams like the UPSC to become IPS or IAS.
Why Study BA Course After 12th?
With over 9 million people choosing a BA after the 12th, it has always been a popular degree. Among the reasons to pursue a BA after high school is: A BA degree opens up more job opportunities than a UG degree in business or science. Unlike a BCom, BSc, or BBA, a BA covers a wide range of topics.
Graduates can work in health, administration, business, finance, and other fields. Like the SSC, most cabinet positions and public tests require applicants to have a bachelor’s degree in the arts. It provides cultural information that other degrees do not. Social and interpersonal skills are stressed.
BA Course Admission 2022
Academic and competitive tests are available in India for BA admission. Institutions create a cut-off list, and if your overall score falls within that range, you can enrol. Some universities, like Banaras Hindu University, require entrance exams like DUET, BHU UET, and JNUEE.
Students must enrol, submit papers, and pay the registration fee for the admission exam. The only distinction is that one must obtain hall tickets and appear for entry.
BA admissions in 2022 will require a minimum of 50% in 10+2 and up to 90% in top colleges. Top entrance exams include CUEE, DUET, JNUEE, BHU UET, etc.
Who should Pursue BA Course?
- BA in Literature is a good option for people who want to study diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Those concerned with human psychology and how to cope with mental trauma and accompanying medical conditions can pursue a BA in psychology.
- Bachelor of Arts learners can also pursue geography through BA Geography or historical through BA History if they wish to learn more about the planet and its past.
- Individuals who desire to specialize in one of the tongues can pursue a BA degree in various specializations such as BA French, BA English, BA Hindi, etc.
- BA also enables learners who desire to take up a job in media to pursue BA Journalism and gain work at well-known media organizations.
- People who have passed the 12th class may be interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Leading BA institutions consider candidates with a grade point average of 95 per cent for admittance to their BA courses.
- As a result, an applicant must strive to achieve high grades in board exams to enrol in the ideal BA institutes in India and study Bachelor of Arts immediately afterwards.
When should I do a Bachelor of Arts?
- Bachelor of Arts programs are available to students who have completed class 12.
- Students with 95% or higher in class 12 are considered for admission to top BA colleges.
- To get admission to the most prestigious BA colleges in India, an aspirant must score good marks in class 12 itself.
Types of BA Course
Full-time BA degree programs are available for three years. There is also online, and part-time mode of BA courses offered in various Indian institutes. Following are some major types of BA courses offered in India.
Both entrance exams and merit are used to determine admission to the BA program. Some universities do not require an entrance exam for direct admission to the BA program. Results from the BA entrance exams should be available to applicants. Although colleges have different admissions processes, the steps are generally the same.
Full-time BA Course
The full-time BA program is a popular course type in India. Many top colleges in India offer full-time BA programs, and this type is provided via entrance exam performance and final exam merit. Most institutes charge between INR 3000 and INR 10000 for a full-time BA, and private colleges charge between INR 60000 and INR 300000.
Part-Time BA Course
Part-time BA programs are also available. This is for students who need to work part-time to meet their financial needs. Many Indian institutions have encouraged these students to take part-time courses, enabling them to work and study. The academic cost of these courses is not higher than full-time courses.
Online BA Course
Many websites offer affordable online BA courses. Amity University offers a Bachelor of Arts degree online. Applicants for this type must have completed 12th grade with an average aggregate score. This three-year course costs INR 15000 at Amity. These courses are heavily promoted in foreign universities. The BA entrance exam does not require students to be of a certain age.
BA Course Eligibility Criteria
The first step towards enrolment in a BA programme is to understand what is required. For students to be eligible for the BA degree program, they must have completed their high school diploma (10+2) from a recognized education board. Many colleges and universities require students to take entrance exams. Some colleges require that a student score at least 50% on their 12th-grade exam. Participants of this course are of any age.
- The eligibility criteria for BA admission are a bit different in most of colleges. However, there are similarities in the fundamental requirements as listed below:
- A lower limit of 40-50 per cent in 12th Standard from any reputed institute is required for fundamental Bachelor of Arts qualifications.
- To learn at Delhi University, Mumbai University, or other elite colleges, one must obtain a grade point average of 90%.
- According to regulatory requirements, SC/ST/OBC/Disabled applicants receive a 5% comfort.
BA Distance Education
Distance BA courses are now being offered in many country institutes. Top Distance colleges such as TNOU, IGNOU, and Karnataka State Open University choose thousands of Indian students to pursue their BA Distance degrees. There are classes taken weekly with a syllabus almost very similar to the syllabus of regular BA courses.
BA Distance Admission Process
- The distance BA admission process is completely merit-based. A merit list based on the marks of the 12th class will be issued for the selections of students in their desired colleges. To apply for BA distance admission, follow the procedure given below:
- You can go to the university’s main page, fill out the registration form, and submit it after uploading the required documents.
- Students can apply via the offline system by sending the required documents and application form to the address of the main university campus.
BA Course Syllabus
The BA curriculum varies depending on the route, but the following are common BA subjects taught in class and courses. English, History, JMC, Linguistics, Psychology, Philosophy, Sociology, Hindi, Religious Studies, French, and Media Studies are common BA subjects. The course also includes major subjects related to specializations and electives.
BA Course Entrance Exams 2022
There is a collection of admission tests for pupils interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree. For your convenience, some of the leading admission tests and other important necessities are mentioned below.
- BHU UET: Banaras Hindu University conducts the BHU UET admission test for BA enrollments. Students who desire to study BA at BHU will qualify for the BHU UET exam.
- IPU CET: Indraprastha University conducts a common entrance test each year to provide admission to its various courses, including the BA degree program.
- JNUEE: Every year, JNUEE is conducted at the university level. The question paper will consist of 70 MCQs of 70 marks, and the remaining 30 marks will be for viva voice. A counseling round is also organized even after the written test.
- NPAT is an institute-level entrance exam conducted by the NarseeMonjee Institute of Management Studies for admission to UG courses such as BA. NPAT 2022 registrations will start in February 2022.
- TISS BAT: An entrance exam taken to provide admission to BA courses in Social Work and Social Science specializations. TISS BAT question paper will consist of two parts.
BA Entrance Exam Pattern
There are various BA entrance exams for which the syllabus may be varying in some cases. Mainly the entrance exam contains English Language Proficiency, General Intelligence, Reasoning, Numerical Ability, and Quantitative Analysis. A total of 120 questions are provided to students for solving to obtain 100 marks as a whole. The language that is officially used for the question paper in English.
Top BA Colleges in India
The top colleges for BA courses are St. Stephens College, Christ University, Miranda House, and others. Some institutions provide enrollment to Bachelor of Arts depending on merit. In contrast, others, such as Jadavpur University and Presidency University Kolkata, offer entrance to Bachelor of Arts on the premise of admission test.
BA Colleges in Delhi
Delhi has 287 colleges offering BA degrees. Both private and public BA colleges in Delhi total 287 students. Private and public BA colleges charge different tuition fees. About 8000 in public colleges, and 150000 in private. New Delhi’s top BA colleges include Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Miranda House, GD Goenka University, Hindu College, Hansraj College, Ramjas College.
BA Colleges in Mumbai
Some of the best BA colleges in Mumbai provide BA education. There are 87 BA colleges, 67 of these colleges are private, and 20 are public. Schools like Sophia College for Women, Wilson College, and Mithibai College of Arts offer BA programs in Mumbai. The average BA course fee in Mumbai colleges is INR 4000-40000..
BA Colleges in Bangalore
Top BA colleges abound in Bangalore. It has nearly 106 colleges offering BA programs in various specializations, and 104 colleges are offering full-time BA programs, 86 private and 18 public. The average BA course fee ranges from INR 19000 to INR 200000. The top BA colleges in Bangalore are Jyoti Nivas, Sindhi, MES, Mount Carmel, and soon.
BA Colleges in Hyderabad
There are nearly 44 renowned colleges in Hyderabad that offer BA degrees. The average tuition fees for BA courses in Hyderabad averagely from INR 4000 to INR 65000. It is a popular choice among the popular BA colleges in Hyderabad, like Nizam College and Osmania University.
Scope of BA Course
Employment Options Following a BA are rich and diverse, depending on BA concentration, area, and job description. BA English, BA Anthropology, and BA Economics are India’s top-earning pay scales. BA in economics can achieve INR 700,000 per annum, whereas a BA in anthropology can make INR 9,25,000 per annum.
What is the salary after BA Course?
There is a minimum salary range of around INR 18,000–25,000 for BA students with less than a year of experience. It is important to note that the price range varies from one location to another. There are several metropolitan cities in India where you can expect to earn a minimum salary of 22,000 to 28, 000 INR per month, including Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, etc.