B.Com Course: Bachelor of Commerce is abbreviated as BCom. Admission to this program is open to students who have completed their 12th-grade education with a commerce stream. It takes three years to complete the BCom degree. This degree is designed to provide managerial skills in certain business fields. In the three-year Bachelor of Commerce degree program, students study business management, accounting, finance, actuarial studies, and economics. Among B.Com colleges, Loyola, Hindu, Shri Ram, Ramjas, and others accept students based on academics and entrance exams. The admission process will be based on merit scored by students in the entrance exam. DUET, BHU UET, NPAT, IPU CET, and other important entrance exams for B.Com students.
Some of the job options for people who have a B.Com Degree
- B.Com [Hons] is the only course that gives you skills in all areas of commerce and accounting, and it will help you get a job in a bank or an office that deals with finance and taxation.
- Graduates of BCom can work for banks as customer service officers, relationship managers, cashiers, and other jobs, such as cashiers.
- B.Com graduates also work in trading establishments as trade assistants, clerks, and other jobs, like this one.
- B.Com If you want to work in finance, you can also go to school for a regular MBA after you get your bachelor’s degree in business. You can work in accounting, auditing, cost accounting, and more.
B.Com Course Highlights
|BCom Full form||Bachelor of Commerce|
|Course Level||Bachelor course|
|BCom Eligibility||50% marks in class 12 or equivalent examination|
|Bachelor of Commerce Average Fees||INR 7000 – 28,300|
|BCom Admission||Merit or Entrance Exam|
|BCom Subjects||Accountancy, Financial Systems, Taxation, Business Management, Financial Accounting, Business Economics, Company Law.|
|BCom Entrance Exams||
|Best University for BCom||LPU, Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies (VIPS), Amity University Online (AUO), Noida Christ Institute of Management|
What is BCom Course?
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) is a bachelor’s degree program in the business. The curriculum provides students with management experience in accounting, administration, finance, and taxation.
B.Com is a popular course for students in India, and it has become a lot more popular. They can be hired by different businesses to keep track of their funds. They try to stabilize the financial position by monitoring the shifting financial scenarios. Banks and other financial institutions value and hire B.Com graduates.
B.Com Course Key Points
- B.Com is also available as B.Com Correspondence Courses or B.Com E-learning, allowing learners to achieve their studies from the convenience of their dwellings.
- Candidates must take the 12th class exam in any discipline with a valid percentage of 50 or above to be eligible for B.Com enrollment.
- Hansraj College, Loyola College, Hindu Colleges, Shri Ram College of Commerce, and others are among the top B.Com institutes in India.
- Admission to various colleges of India for B.Com is based on the previous merit and the score of students obtained in the entrance exam.
- The most common and popular B.Com entrance exams in India are NPAT, DUET, IPU CET, BHU UET, and others.
- To enhance their career opportunities, students can enhance their knowledge by taking different kinds of B.Com courses like B.Com with CA, B.Com with ACCA, and B.Com with LLB.
- After completing this degree, one can move to an insurance consultant, auditor, tax consultant, lecturer, stockbroker, and soon.
- After graduating from the university, graduates have expected job positions ranging from INR 2 50,000 to 4 00,000 per year.
- Graduates can also continue their education by enrolling in MBA, CA, M.Com, and similar programs.
- B.Com integrated courses are also offered in some institutes, such as B.Com with M.Com is popular these days.
- B.Com courses typically cost between INR 5,000 and INR 50,000.
All about B.Com Course
B.Com is a three-strata curriculum that concentrates on economics, finance, stock trading, accounting, revenue, and commerce. The B.Com program is divided into three types: B.Com Honours, BCom LLB, and B.Com General. B.Com Honours and B.Com General Degrees can be obtained from both normal and remote learning institutions.
Why Study B.Com after 12th?
Unlike other Bachelor courses, a B.Com degree equips individuals for both the corporate sector and entrepreneurship. The program offers financial and commercial skills necessary for success in the modern workplace.
Graduates holding a B.Com degree can find a job in a range of industries, including budget planning, accounting firms, capital management, investment banking, Banks, and so on.
About INR2.5 to INR 4 LPA is the average annual salary of such graduates per the Indian Pascale. The wage at the basic level of joining is about INR 2 to INR 3 LPA.
A B.Com degree provides you with the great opportunity of studying higher-level studies like MBA, CA, CMA, CS, and others to improve your skills and expertise. With these degrees, one can get promotions in their job hierarchy.
Who Should Pursue B.Com?
Choosing the right degree program is an essential factor that decides your success. Thus the students who are passionate about B.Com must select this degree program.
It is suitable for students who want to enhance their management skills and build a bright career in commerce.
B.Com will teach you the fundamentals of the M.Com training program, forming it an excellent option for M.Com students.
In recent years, the need for B.om graduates has rapidly increased, so those willing to join public and private sectors related to commerce must join this program.
When to Pursue B.Com?
It is very important to choose your bachelor’s degree program at the right time. In the case of the B.Com degree, the right time to enrol in this course is just after completing the 12th class.
After completing their higher school degrees, students are suggested to choose B.Com as their path to move for a successful career in the field of commerce.
Those students who start working after 10+2 can also join their degrees at this perfect time in the part-time mode.
Types of B.Com Course
B.Com programs are divided into several categories, and 38 different specialization courses are available throughout India. Individuals who have finished the 12th grade are qualified for any of these courses and can be enrolled at any associated campuses throughout India.
Full-Time BCom Course
B.Com Full-time is a sort of B.Com Degree program that includes the main topic. The field of commerce deals with financial management, economics, taxation, accounting, and so on. The majority of individuals apply for accounting majors. The full-time B.om degree program takes three years to complete.
The full-time B.Com degrees can be pursued in B.Com General and B.Com Honors. The main distinction between B.Com General and B.Com Honors is in the course content and nomenclature.
Many individuals decide to seek the B.Com Honors degree because it assists them to qualify for certification tests, including the Chartered Accountancy (CA) and other qualifications concurrently or later.
Part-Time BCom Course
India has a good number of institutes that are offering B.Com in part-time mode. This is due to the fact that many students are not able to be enrolled in regular programs. There are many financial and other reasons why students join part-time jobs to manage their living, in such circumstances part-time courses are ideal for them.
These types of courses take less time; thus, students can join the class and attend the workplace. Another facility that is provided by this course is its cost, which is affordable for such students. Completing degrees in part-time mode provide students the equal opportunities for work.
Online B.Com Course
Nowadays, Online B.Com courses have become popular in India. These courses take a time period of three years to complete. By pursuing this online degree program, students can learn about Accounting, Business Law, Corporate and Financial Accounting, Business Communication, and soon.
Online B.Com is the right choice for students who cannot pursue a full-time B.Com degree due to time and various financial constraints. The range of tuition fees in B.Comonline courses is much lesser than in the regular B.Com courses. There is an average tuition fee of about INR 11000 to INR 20000 for online B.Com.
B.Com Admission Process 2022
- Based on the type of institute, the admission process for the B.Com course varies all over the nation. Some institutes accept the score of national-level entrance exams, some grant Admission through state-level exams, and some through their university-level entrance examination.
- Direct Admission is also offered in some institutes where students do not need to qualify for entrance exams. Students are granted Admission by considering their scores in the 12th class. Such universities (after receiving the applications of students) issue the list of selected candidates.
- Many universities accept the score of both the university or state-level entrance exams. Delhi University is one of such institutes, and it accepts the score of entrance exams such as BHU UET, IPU CET, DUET, and others.
- In merit or entrance exam-based admission, students must have a minimum qualified percentage of 45% in the 10+2 level.
B.Com Course Admission 2022
The B.Com admission 2022 is going to be started in the February or March of the year 2022. Applicants will submit their applications using the institution’s online website.
If any students want to apply in the offline mode can send the application form along with the required documents to the registrar’s office of the university. All the documents must be verified and attested.
After application, students will appear in the entrance examination. Those who qualify will also appear in the counseling and group discussion round. Desired candidates must qualify for the admission test with enough marks. The merit of students is also based on their score in the last examination of the 12th class.
B.Com Course Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for selecting students to B.Com courses vary from institute to institute; however, basic eligibility that is almost the same in all institutes is given below:
- Candidates must pass the intermediate level of schooling from a well-known school or board in order to apply for this course.
- There are a lot of different institutes that have different cut-off points for selecting students. Most of the time, a lot of colleges have an average acceptance rate of about 45 per cent.
- In general, students who have passed their 10+2 in commerce are preferred. However, students from any field can apply for a B.Com.
- The requirements for getting into B.Com also include how well you did on the entrance exam. Some colleges only allow students who pass the B.Com entrance exam to apply for a place.
B.Com Entrance Exam 2022
For B.Com Admission, various entrance examinations are held at the country, state, and university/institutional levels.
- IPU CET: IPU CET is a college exam for UG and PG courses in Commerce and other fields of study. The IPU CET exam pattern consists of Language Comprehension, DI, GA, and Logical Reasoning. The IPU CET test has a total of 150 MCQs.
- NPAT: This is a university-level entrance exam to provide Admission to the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies. The applications for NPAT will be starting in February 2022.
- AIMA UGAT: The All India Management Association conducts the UGAT entrance exam every year to provide B.Com entries. In January 2022, students will be able to apply for the AIMA UGAT.
- BHU UET: Students who want to take Admission for B.Com at Banaras Hindu University. This test contains a total of 150 questions, and then the given time is 120 minutes.
- SUAT: Sharda University conducts SUAT every year, and the university will start the applications in February 2022.
B.Com Entrance Exam Syllabus
The syllabus of B.Com entrance is almost the same in all kinds of national, state, or institute-level entrance examinations. Generally, the subjects on which the entrance exam paper is based are Accountancy, Verbal Reasoning, Mathematics, Current Affairs, Basic Computer Questioning, and Business Studies. The paper consists of questions in the form of MCQs.
B.Com Distance Education
B.Com Distance Education is an undergraduate degree program that ranges in duration from 3 to 6 years. The minimum requirement for admission to distance B.Com courses is 50% minimum marks in the 10+2 board examination. In the distance mode of education, the B.Com course fee ranges from INR 15000 to INR 25000. Students get equal employment opportunities, such as they can find jobs for financial managers, accountants, operation managers, and account executives.
Distance B.Com Admission Process
The admission process for Distance B.Com courses can vary based on institutes, but it’s most common in almost many colleges. The eligibility criteria that mostly the distance colleges follow are given as:
One should complete the 12thlevel education from an authorized institute. Students must have the documents like a 12thmark sheet, pass certificate, age relaxation certificate, passport size photographs, and any other required. There are no age limit criteria to be enrolled in a distance program.
B.Com Course Syllabus
There are a lot of different core subjects in the B.Com course Syllabus, like economics, financial law, accounting, and more. There are six semesters in the programme, and each semester lasts for six months. Basic and optional studies are part of the course. Candidates can choose from a list of 5-7 subjects that can be chosen when they apply for it.
The B.Com online curriculum is very similar to the B.Com curriculum that is taught in person. It is the same as the B.Com Regular curriculum, but in B.Com Honors, candidates can choose to focus on one subject, with the whole curriculum focusing on their skills, so they can learn more about that subject.
B.Com Colleges in Delhi
There are almost 291 top B.Com colleges in Delhi that include both private and public colleges. Some top B.com colleges in Delhi are Shri Ram College of Commerce, LSR College for Women, and Hindu College. There is a varying fee in various colleges; its range starts from INR 12000 and ends up to INR 210000.
B.Com Colleges in Mumbai
In Mumbai, some of India’s top B.Com degree colleges are offering education to thousands of students. Almost 101 best B.Com institutes are in Mumbai. These include the ST. Xavier’s College, Narsee Monjee College of C&E, HR College of Commerce, KJ Somaiya College of Arts and Commerce.
B.Com Colleges in Bangalore
There are 199 B.Com colleges in Bangalore, including 177 private and 22 public colleges. All of these colleges are approved by UGC. The annual course fee in B.Com Colleges in Bangalore is INR 70000 to INR 245000. The colleges or universities’ names are Christ University, Jain University, Mount Carmel College, and soon.
B.Com Colleges in Hyderabad
In Hyderabad, almost 68 top B.COm colleges exist as per the current data. These include 59 private colleges and nine other public colleges offering B.Com. Indian Institute of Management and Commerce, Osmania University College for Women, ST. Joseph Degree and PG College, and many others. The annual course fee of B.Com in Hyderabad colleges ranges from INR 11000 to INR 150000 LPA.