BEd Course: The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) is a UG professional degree program. A B.Ed program is offered for the duration of two years. However, students have the option to complete the education-oriented degree program with a maximum duration of five years.
BEd course aims to develop required teaching skills in the learner before he or she advances towards the designation of a teacher in private, and govt institutions across the country/abroad. The program is mainly followed in an on-campus based study only.
Admission to the B.Ed course is given to students who score at least 50 per cent in UG level degree exams in the science/arts/commerce stream. A four-semester B.Ed degree average fee is INR 45,000 to INR 1.2 Lacs. Fees for this respected degree are allowed to deposit yearly.
B.Ed Course syllabus is built upon pedagogy, and other teaching/learning elements such as childhood, language, ICT & applications, knowledge, learning assessment, etc. The first year of this program consists following: childhood & growing up, gender, school and society, contemporary India, & education, current affairs, reasoning ability, and more.
The B.Ed program includes fieldwork, primary education, learner psychology & counselling, special education, technical education, vocational education, administration, and elementary education.
B.Ed degrees give students the opportunity to pursue higher education in suitable programs such as M.Ed., MBA, and PhD. These courses are essential for learners to have a better future. In the article, fee details are provided for mentioned courses.
Students who earn a B.Ed from a reputed institution will have better employment opportunities in schools, coaching departments, private institutions, and government institutions. The Job profile of B.Ed graduates is high school teacher, preschool teacher, academic coordinator, etc. The minimum salary for B.Ed students in government institutions is INR 3.5 LPA.
One shall get more information about the B.Ed degree program in the following sections of the article.
B.Ed Course Highlights
|B.Ed Full Form||Bachelor of Education|
|B.Ed Course Admission||Application Based|
|B.Ed Course Fee||INR 20,000 to 1,00,000 per year|
|B.Ed Course Salary||INR 3.5 LPA|
|B.Ed Course Duration||2 years or in 4 years|
|Eligibility for B.Ed||Bachelor’s degree with 50-55%|
|BAF Course category||UG|
|Structure Of B.Ed Course||Semester-wise|
What is B.Ed Course?
A Bachelor of Education in the development sector is intended to assist aspiring students in learning the necessary educational skills to educate in early school in both the private and public industries. It is mainly focused on practical teaching classroom knowledge. After pursuing the degree, the individuals get enough skills to teach students in primary and elementary schools.
The minimum requirement for pursuing this degree is about 45% to 50% marks while completing the UG degrees. Students with this degree can be employed in positions like primary teacher, elementary teacher, counsellor, education consultant, etc.
Undergraduate education is a two-year program comprised of four semesters. Bachelor of Education (B Ed): A B.Ed degree is required to instruct in secondary and post-secondary education.
Applicants for the B.Ed Course in India: Students seeking admission to the B. Education course. It is important to consider the cost of the course. Colleges and universities charge varying fees for their courses. These fees vary according to the institution.
BEd Course Details: Key Points
- B.Ed is a UG level course, and its full form is a Bachelor of Education.
- BEd Course Duration: Depending on the type of institute, the BEd course may be completed in 2 years or in 4 years.
- There are four semesters in this program. BEd courses cover Physical Education, Health, Contemporary India and Education, Yoga, and School Attachment, among others.
- Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University, St. Xavier’s College Kolkata, University of Calcutta, and JMI, are among the best B.Ed institutes in India.
- The minimal requirement for B.Ed is a bachelor’s degree with a minimum grade point average of 50%.
- Students will also appear in the B.Ed entrance exams such as RIE CEE, MAH CET B.Ed, DU B.Ed, and soon.
- There is almost an average B.Ed course fee of INR 01 LPA.
- Students can also pursue B.Ed courses from any top international university with an average academic fee of INR 20 LPA.
- The students who have completed their master’s degrees will be given the 1st year B.Ed courses per the current education policy. This policy is designed to prepare students in a concise period of time ready for the teacher’s jobs.
- The education sector each year provides employment to such candidates. Such graduates are primarily hired as counsellors, educational consultants, teachers, or on placements like principal and vice-principal.
- Graduates for public jobs, on the other hand, must clear the instructor’s aptitude test.
- Professionals earn about INR 3.3 LPA salary when they are hired on jobs based on B.Ed degrees.
What are the Benefits of a B.Ed Course?
- B.Ed or Bachelor of Education is a learning program to make the candidates skilful for teaching. It enhances the applicants’ skills and experience and assists them in communicating the information so that they can comprehend the particular needs of the candidates and effectively guide them. Let’s take a closer look at some of the reasons to see why the B.Ed program is so significant.
- B.Ed is necessary to be obtained by students who want to join the teaching profession, and this has been made mandatory by the National Council of Teachers Education. Private school recruiters also prefer this.
- Secondly, there is job satisfaction in this sector. With the increasing population, the number of schools has increased, and teachers are now required everywhere. After completing this course, they are easily employed.
- Such graduates can earn a good salary along with other perks. Also, students can run their academic institutes after getting this degree.
Who should Pursue a BEd Course?
- B.Ed course is ideal for students who are passionate about joining the Education and Literacy sector of the country. The BEd is best suited to those who desire to pursue a career as a teacher.
- Applicants looking to deal with kids and guide students in their academic motivation must enrol in the BEd program.
- Likewise, individuals who want to contribute to schooling institutions might take this program. Candidates dealing with various academic NGOs must enrol in the Bachelor of Education program to grasp the Indian educational system and its issues.
- Applicants who choose to be extraordinary instructors can also enrol in B.Ed programs. Students must, nevertheless, use greater caution while selecting a thread.
When Should Pursue BEd Course?
- Immediately after completing the graduate degrees, students can submit applications for B.Ed programs. Students who pursue their UG degrees in any stream are welcome to apply for B.Ed
- The B.Ed course is relatively extensive, requiring students to exert hard work required to send within two years duration. In addition to the theoretical contents, practical skills should be learned by the students.
- B.Ed degrees obtained from public institutes are of more worth than those obtained from private institutes; thus, students must divert their concentrations to this side.
All About B.Ed Course
Teaching is given importance everywhere globally, and in India, it is the most respectful profession. Individuals must have a B.Ed degree if they are passionate to join school level teaching profession. The teachings of such a course include enhancing the knowledge level of candidates along with training them to understand the mentality of their students. With such courses, a better educational system is developed by providing the best-trained teachers.
Types of BEd Course
After the announcement by NCTE that has made B.Ed mandatory for teaching jobs, the demand for this course has risen. To meet the needs of students, institutes in India offer B.Ed in various types such as:
Full-time BEd Course
- BEd Course full-time is the ideal course for students who have decided to build a career in the teaching field. The majority of candidates prefer to choose the full-time mode of B.Ed courses.
- Many institutes and state agencies conduct entrance examinations to enrol students in full-time B.Ed programs. The popular B.Ed entrance examinations include DU B.Ed, IPU CET, CUCET, RIE CEE, and many others.
- In Indian institutes, B.Ed courses are offered with an average tuition fee of INR 20,000 to 1,00,000 per year.
- BEd Course Full-time admission in most Indian institutes is also made direct by issuing a merit list.
Part-Time B.Ed Course
BEd Course Part-time B.Ed is a facilitating study program for students who are working professionals. Many students are passionate about joining the teaching field, but they do not have enough time to join regular classes due to financial problems and lack of time.
The academic fees in a part-time learning mode are less and such courses are cheaper than regular programs. The employment chances after getting this part-time degree are equally granted to the students.
Online B.Ed Course
The Online B.Ed courses are the certificate type of learning program. Its duration varies, it can be completed in a few hours, or it can even take a few months to complete. B.Ed admission is provided based on a first-come, first-served basis and is open throughout the year. In some cases of batch admission, deadlines are also provided.
The online websites providing BEd courses are Alison, Coursera, edX, etc. The academic fee for such online courses is INR 3000 to INR 17000. These may be offered free of cost in some institutes.
Before enrolling in the online BEd degree, applicants must research the program’s widespread consensus for job prospects.
B.Ed Admission Process 2022
BEd Course admission 2022 to the best universities will be conducted via numerous entrance tests administered by state governments or specific institutions. The admission process for B.Ed includes the online and offline submission of applications. After applying, students are informed to appear in the admission test, and counseling is also organized for the selected aspirants. After this, a final merit list of candidates is published to proceed with the admission.
- Some universities conduct an entrance exam to get qualified students, while others consider the qualifying degree marks when considering admission to B.Ed programs. Candidates who take the B.Ed admission exams must also go through a counselling process to secure their seats.
- Many B.Ed programs are either entrance- or merit-based, with some universities conducting entrance exams for qualified candidates and others using scores from their qualifying degree exams. B.Ed candidates are also required to complete a counselling process in order to obtain their seats.
B.Ed Course Eligibility Criteria
- The BEd Course Eligibility Criteria for admission 2022 may vary in many colleges, but all institutes’ basic eligibility criteria are the same.
- Overall marks are 50 – 55% required to be obtained in the graduation completed from a well-known college or university. In the case of students with a PG or B-Tech degree, the minimum required marks are 55 per cent.
- Each aspirant from the reserved category will be admitted by giving a 5% mark relaxation. In general, there is no age limit to pursue this course, but some institutes mainly prefer an age of 19 years.
- Apart from these requirements, a candidate will not be given admission until they qualify for the entrance exam.
B.Ed Entrance Exam 2022
The B.Ed program admits students on the basis of both entrance and merit. Some institutions hold an entrance exam for eligible candidates, and others evaluate scores from the qualifying degree exams. To obtain a seat in the B.Ed program, candidates must also take the B.Ed entrance exams. Information on some of the most prominent B.Ed Entrance Exams 2022 is provided here.
- BHU UED: Every year, Banaras Hindu University conducts this entrance exam. This exam will be completed in two and a half hours. BHU provides B.Ed admission for 33 seats through this exam.
- DU B.Ed: Delhi University will start the application process in July 2022 for the DU B.Ed entrance exam. The exam usually consists of 100 MCQs that are to be completed in 02 hours. There are three categories in the exam: General Awareness & Reasoning, Language Proficiency, and Subject Knowledge.
- CUCET: It is the Central University Common Entrance Test conducted for B.Ed admission at the national level. The duration provided to solve its paper is two hours.
- TUEE: It’s an institute-level entrance exam conducted every year by Tezpur University. Through these exams, 40 B.Ed Seats are allotted to students.
- RIE CEE: The Regional Institute of Education Common Entrance Exam is conducted by NCERT for B.Ed admission. The application fee is INR 900 and INR 450 for General and Reserved candidates, respectively. The application process for RIE CEE will begin in May 2022.
B.Ed Entrance Exam Syllabus
Various national, regional, and institute-level entrance exams are available for B.Ed admission. The exam syllabus may vary depending on the institute, but it is usually the same. The admission test covers topics such as language skills, subject knowledge, general awareness, and thinking. The tests have 100 questions and a time limit of 120 minutes to complete them.
B.Ed Admission 2022
The bulk of BEd Course application forms to elite institutions and colleges in 2022 will be based on entrance exams. Some institutes prepare a merit list to provide direct admission, which is also part of the admission process. This list is based on the previous degree marks of the candidates. Usually, in May or July, BEd Admission 2022 takes place.
Applicants may approach either the University’s internet site or the admission department to get registration forms for B.Ed Admission 2022. It is suggested to proceed with the applications with the required documents and in the given manner.
B.Ed Course Syllabus
The B.Ed Syllabus can be varying in the number and types of subjects, but mostly it is the same in many institutes. Childhood And Growing Up, Learning Resource Project, Creating an Inclusive School, Current Affairs, and other topics are covered in the B.Ed Course Syllabus. The syllabus of B.Ed is dynamic. Depending upon the needs of learners, it keeps evolving as we know that B.Ed is a course offered at the UG level, but to pursue this, completing another UG degree is necessary.
Students pursuing a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree prepare themselves for a career as a teacher. A number of teaching methods are included in the B.Ed syllabus, as well as psychological dispositions.
Scope of B.Ed course
Many students doubt the BEd course whether it is a high salary or a wide-scope program. The answer is simple Yes, a Bachelor of Education or BEd is one of the high-salary career courses in India. After completing the course from a reputed institute, students can pursue their careers as teachers, and instructors in various organizations. The average salary package of graduates with a BEd degree is INR 3.4 LPA to INR 6.8 LPA in India. This may differ from company to company.
Career Options After BEd Course
There are many career options after a BEd course from a reputed institute. The course provides students to get jobs in the private and government sectors. It may be noted that the salary package may differ depending upon the candidate’s experience, sector, and designation. Majorly, in the government teaching sector, applicants need to clear the entrance exam before getting jobs.
It should be emphasized that after completing their Bachelor of Education, students can attend the Kendriya Vidyalaya(s) or Sarvodaya Vidyalaya(s) after appearing in the Teacher Eligibility Tests (TETs).
Top BEd Course Colleges in India
To pursue a Bachelor of Education course in India, there are many private as well as government institutions. Students might have to appear for an entrance test to get into BEd courses at government colleges in India. We are listed below some of the state-wise top colleges, which interested learners may look into:
B.Ed Course Colleges in Delhi
In New Delhi, there are 36 B.Ed Institutions. Entrance to such institutions for B.Ed is largely conducted via admission tests like DU and IPU CET Entry Exam for B.Ed The B.Ed tuition fee in the colleges of Delhi ranges from INR 1200 to 80700 per year. Some popular B.Ed colleges in Delhi are Delhi University, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, JMI, Amity Institute of Education, and soon.
BEd Course Colleges in Mumbai
Mumbai has a total number of 18 B.Ed colleges. It mainly includes private and public colleges. The tuition fee for B.Ed in institutes of Mumbai is INR 11000 to INR 120000. Here the top colleges are CSS Mahavidyalaya, K. J. Somaiya Comprehensive CETR, etc.
BEd Course Colleges in Bangalore
In Bangalore, the number of B.Ed colleges is about 25. The average fee for B.Ed in the top colleges of B.ed is INR 6000 at public institutes and INR 200000 at private institutions. Top B.Ed Colleges in Bangalore are Al-Ameen College of Education, Vijaya Teachers College, Amitha B.Ed Teachers Training College, Christ University, and many more.
B.Ed Colleges in Hyderabad
Hyderabad also has many BEd colleges; there are 15 colleges in Hyderabad offering B.Ed education. A few of the top-ranked B.Ed colleges in Hyderabad are Maulana Azad MANU University, GACE, Pasha College of Education, and AMS College of Teacher Education. The average fee of B.Ed in such colleges ranges from INR 11000 to INR 59000.