BEd Course: A BEd is an abbreviated form of Bachelor of Education, which is a 2-year program. The course is ideal for students who want to acquire teaching expertise. Prospective students can pursue the program in the online, distance learning, and conventional modes of education. The BEd degree program is based on childhood and growing up, contemporary India and education, learning and teaching, health yoga and physical education, pedagogy studies, and several other significant subjects. The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) is a crucial degree for aspiring teachers. This comprehensive program covers modern educational approaches, health and physical education, childhood development, and specialist pedagogy.
- Eligibility: B. Ed candidates must have an undergraduate degree.
- Duration: The course lasts two years.
- Admission: Fill out an application with personal and educational information. Education counsellors contact candidates after submission.
- Entrance Exams: Entrance examinations are essential for admission. MAH B.Ed CET, VMOU BED, UP B.Ed JEE, and AP EDCET are some renowned university tests.
- Distance Note: IMTS Institute does not offer the B.Ed degree in distant mode.
- Career prospects and salary: Teaching positions offer beginning pay of INR 2.5 to 5 LPA for graduates.
- Potential for development includes opportunities for progression, such as government teaching posts in public schools.
- Last Date for Admission: Admission deadline: Students should strive to finish the admission processes by June 2024.
B.Ed Course Highlights
|Full Form||Bachelor of Education|
|About Course||A two-year professional course for upper primary, intermediate, secondary, and upper-secondary teachers.|
|Duration||Two years (4 semesters).|
|Course Fee||90000 to 500000 per year|
|Eligibility||Graduate with over 40% in the final exam. 5% reserved category relaxation. Some colleges have a 19-year age limit.|
|IMTS Exams||No IMTS entrance examinations.|
|Approval||AICTE, DEB, UGC, NCTE|
|Validity||All IMTS degrees and diplomas are valid.|
|IMTS Admission||IMTS students receive a 20-minute complimentary consultation for personalised admissions advice.|
|Syllabus||Dynamic curriculum including Childhood and Growing Up, Learning and Teaching, Contemporary India and Education, Pedagogy, and more.|
|Job Positions||Prepares for teaching and curriculum development.|
|Employment Areas||School, college, and educational opportunities.|
|Suitability||Ideal for teacher-to-bes.|
|Benefits||Trains for teaching at various levels.|
|Subjects||Topics include education, pedagogy, and school subjects|
|Admission Process at IMTS||IMTS Institute website can fill out the registration form and receive personalised advice on choosing a course and university. Free counselling and admissions are available at IMTS. Support is available from the IMTS Helpdesk for admitted students.|
Update news for IMTS Institute B.Ed. applicants. Admission deadlines from several universities:
- 22 November 2023 : NIILM University: B.Ed applications close February 25, 2024.
- 22 November 2023 Sri Krishna University: B.Ed applications are due March 15, 2024.
- 22 November 2023 : Subharti University: Apply by March 25, 2024 for B.Ed admissions.
- 22 November 2023 : Planning to study B.Ed at Mangalayatan University? The deadline is May 15, 2024.
- 22 November 2023: Attend these dates! Apply on time to start your B.Ed at IMTS Institute. Good luck! 🎓✨
The basic eligibility criteria for admission to the bachelor of education degree program is an undergraduate degree in the respective discipline with a minimum mark of 50%. Admission is granted to this degree program on the basis of entrance and qualifying score merit.
The fee for the distance education program at BEd is slightly low if it is compared to regular/online modes. The per-year fee for the BEd degree program typically ranges from INR 30,000 to INR 40,000. For a detailed description of the bachelor of education degree program, please read the rest of this post.
|BA Course||BBA Course|
|B.Sc Course||B.Com Course|
|BCA Course||BSW Course|
|BAF Course||BBM Course|
|B.Tech Course||BEd Course|
Why Study BEd from IMTS Institute?
IMTS Institute has been a phenomenal force in online and distance learning since 2005. The institute has a rich history in which it helped over 44,800 students to reach the goals they were destined to achieve. The seventeen-year career started with a realization to help the needful.
Candidates might find any institute that has such a phenomenal passing ratio of 99 per cent. All guidelines mentioned in the books of education authorities are always followed by the IMTS. The Institute desires lives and desires with a hope to assist individuals who need real support in finding the courses’, and colleges as per the eligibility criteria and financial background.
BEd Course Eligibility Criteria
Students who want to get admission to the BEd course must fulfil the eligibility requirements. Below, we have shared the important points that students need to consider before applying to this course.
- Students must have a bachelor’s degree (BEd with a minimum of 50% marks from the authorized institution/university.
- And for the reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC/PWD) have a 5% relaxation in the minimum aggregate.
- And some colleges or universities, the minimum age limit is 19 years.
Applicants can get in touch with us and give us the opportunity to help them through our website, social media channels, WhatsApp, or contact numbers. One of our knowledgeable counselors will contact you as soon as you contact us using any of the methods listed above to address your concerns regarding future academic programs and admission.
We’ll make an effort to learn more about your academic history so that we can offer thorough support. On this account, the best university and program would be recommended. IMTS does not charge any candidates for registration or other support-related costs, but it does offer free support to candidates nationwide.
BEd Course Duration
The Bachelor of Education course duration is two years, and it is an undergraduate (UG) level programmes. Admission for the BEd course is going on at various universities and institutions for session 2023-24. Students will be required to must have completed the bachelor’s level degree from a UGC-Approved university with at least 50% marks.
|MA Course||MBA Course|
|M.Sc Course||M.Com Course|
|MCA Course||MSW Course|
|MSC IT Course||PhD Course|
What is a B.Ed Course?
Bachelor of Education in the development sector is intended to assist aspiring students in learning the necessary educational skills to educate in early school in both the private and public industries. It is mainly focused on practical teaching classroom knowledge. After pursuing the degree, the individuals get enough skills to teach students in primary and elementary schools.
The minimum requirement for pursuing this degree is about 50% to 55% marks while completing the UG degrees. Students with this degree can be employed in positions like primary teachers, elementary teachers, counselors, education consultants, etc. Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) undergraduate education is a two-year program comprised of four semesters. A B.Ed degree is required to instruct in secondary and post-secondary education.
What is the Full form for B.Ed?
The full form of the BEd course is Bachelor of Education, known as BEd. BEd course is one of the most acceptable courses in India. Every year, lakhs of candidates enroll in the course in various universities or institutes. The BEd is a 2-year-long course approved by the UGC.
BEd Course Details Key Points
- Bachelor of Education is the full form of BEd Course and it is a UG-level degree.
- This degree is usually two years long in duration.
- There are four semesters in this program that cover Physical Education, Health, Contemporary India and Education, Yoga, and School Attachment, among others.
- The qualification for a B.Ed is a bachelor’s degree with a minimum grade point average of 50%.
- B.Ed course fees in government colleges vary from INR 30,000 to INR 40,000 per year.
- Students also need to appear in the B.Ed entrance exams such as CUET, RIE CEE, MAH CET B.Ed, CG-Pre B.Ed, and so on.
- The top B.Ed course government colleges in India are Delhi University, Banaras Hindu University, St. Xavier’s College Kolkata, Loyola College, University of Calcutta, and JMI.
- Students can also pursue B.Ed courses from any top international university with an average academic fee of INR 20 Lacs.
- The students who have completed their master’s degrees will be given the 1st year B.Ed courses per the current education policy. This policy is designed to prepare students in a concise period of time ready for the teacher’s jobs.
- The education sector each year provides employment to such candidates. Such graduates are primarily hired as counsellors, educational consultants, teachers, or on placements like principal and vice-principal.
- Graduates for public jobs, on the other hand, must clear the instructor’s aptitude test.
BEd Course Specializations
Students often ask what is the complete form of the BEd Course. The full of the BEd Course is Bachelor of Education. B.Ed Programme has multiple specializations, such as BEd in Hindi, BEd in Home Science, Psychology, Geography, POL science, Sanskrit, and more. To know all, students can check out the given table.
- B.Ed Political Science
- B.Ed social science
- B.Ed Physical Education
- B Ed History
- B.Ed Physical Science
- B.Ed in Sanskrit
- B.Ed Chemistry
- B.Ed Tamil
- B.Ed Economics
- B.Ed Hearing Impaired
- B.Ed Commerce
- B Ed Physics
- B.Ed English
- B Ed Psychology
- B.Ed Special Education
- B.Ed in Computer Science
- B.Ed in Hindi
- B.Ed Mathematics
- B Ed Home Science
- B.Ed Geography
Top Distance Education Courses in India
|BA Distance Education|
|BBA Distance Education||Distance MBA|
|BCA Distance Education|
|B.Com Distance Education|
|BSC Distance Education|
|BSW Distance Education|
What are the Benefits of a B.Ed Course?
Bachelor of Education candidates can become teachers if they successfully complete a BEd course. As we all know, teaching is one of the best professions because it gives a person the possibility to develop a study environment for the country. For students, we have mentioned some important points so that they will know the benefits of a BEd course.
- B.Ed or Bachelor of Education is a learning program to make the candidates skilful in teaching. It enhances the applicants’ skills and experience and assists them in communicating the information so that they can comprehend the particular needs of the candidates and effectively guide them. Let’s take a closer look at some of the reasons to see why the B.Ed program is so significant.
- B.Ed is necessary to be obtained by students who want to join the teaching profession, and this has been made mandatory by the National Council of Teachers Education. Private school recruiters also prefer this.
- Secondly, there is job satisfaction in this sector. With the increasing population, the number of schools has increased, and teachers are now required everywhere. After completing this course, they are easily employed.
- In addition to teaching in various fields of education, BEd graduates have many career opportunities in educational research, curriculum development, and counselling, as well as other fields related to education.
- Such graduates can earn a good salary along with other perks. Also, students can run their academic institutes after getting this degree.
Who Should Pursue a BEd Course?
- B.Ed course is ideal for students who are passionate about joining the Education and Literacy sector of the country. The BEd is best suited to those who desire to pursue a career as a teacher.
- Applicants looking to deal with kids and guide students in their academic motivation must enroll in the BEd program.
- Likewise, individuals who want to contribute to schooling institutions might take this program. Candidates dealing with various academic NGOs must enroll in the Bachelor of Education program to grasp the Indian educational system and its issues.
- Applicants who choose to be extraordinary instructors can also enroll in B.Ed programs. Students must, nevertheless, use greater caution while selecting a thread.
When Should I Pursue the BEd Course?
- Immediately after completing the graduate degrees, students can submit applications for B.Ed programs. Students who pursue their UG degrees in any stream are welcome to apply for B.Ed
- The B.Ed course is relatively extensive, requiring students to exert hard work required to finish within two years duration. In addition to the theoretical contents, practical skills should be learned by the students.
- B.Ed degrees obtained from public institutes are of more worth than those obtained from private institutes; thus, students must divert their concentrations to this side.
Types of BEd Course
After the announcement by NCTE that has made B.Ed mandatory for teaching jobs, the demand for this course has risen. To meet the needs of students, institutes in India offer B.Ed in various types such as:
Full-time BEd Course
- BEd Course full-time is the ideal course for students who have decided to build a career in the teaching field. The majority of candidates prefer to choose the full-time mode of B.Ed courses.
- Many institutes and state agencies conduct entrance examinations to enroll students in full-time B.Ed programs. The popular B.Ed entrance examinations include DU B.Ed, IPU CET, CUCET, RIE CEE, and many others.
- In Indian institutes, B.Ed courses are offered with an average tuition fee of INR 45,000 to 1,00,000 per year.
- BEd Course Full-time admission in most Indian institutes is also made direct by issuing a merit list.
Distance B.Ed Course
Distance B.Ed courses facilitate the study of students who are working professionals. Due to financial problems and lack of time, many students are passionate about becoming teachers but lack the time to attend regular classes.
- The fee for academic courses is lower in a distance mode than in a full-time position.
- Many Universities/colleges are Madras University, IGNOU, Jamia Millia Islamia, Kurukshetra & more are offering distance BEd courses at affordable fee structures.
- Distance BEd students who complete this program are provided with an equitable employment opportunity. Candidates can contact our counselors for complete guidance and information.
Online B.Ed Course
The Online B.Ed courses are the certificate type of learning program. Its duration varies, it can be completed in a few hours, or it can even take a few months to complete. B.Ed admission is provided based on a first-come, first-served basis and is open throughout the year. In some cases of batch admission, deadlines are also provided.
Trending Online Courses in India 2023
|Online BA||Online MA|
|Online BBA||Online MBA|
|Online BCA||Online MCA|
|Online BSC||Online MCOM|
|Online BCOM||Online Diploma|
The online websites providing BEd courses. The academic fee for such online courses is INR 3000 to INR 17000. These may be offered free of cost in some institutes. (Note: Online BEd course is currently not available at any Indian universities/colleges).
Before enrolling in the online BEd degree, applicants must research the program’s widespread consensus for job prospects.
B.Ed Admission 2023
BEd admission 2023 is currently open at various universities in India, including Jagannath University, Guru Nanak Dev University, Nagaland University, and so on. The admission process at these universities has been structured in one of two modes; online or offline. To know how the admissions process works at the above-mentioned universities, it is suggested to visit their official websites.
Admission to a BEd degree program cannot be taken without completing a bachelor’s level education from an accredited university. The admission registration fee for the Bachelor of Education (BEd), teaching-training program at various approved universities ranges from 350 Indian rupees to 2,000 Indian rupees.
Some well-known universities in India, i.e., Kumaun University, Himachal Pradesh, Assam University Silchar, and so forth., additionally conduct entrance examinations for admission to BEd degree programs. To know more about the BEd Admission factors, we suggest you read the article below.
BEd Course Application Form 2023
The application form filling is the first step to applying for admission to the Bachelor of Education course. Students should fill out the form carefully. All the details must be correct and filled in the proper format. Students should check their eligibility before filling out the form. Before the final submission, students should check all the details carefully to avoid any incorrect information.
B.Ed Course Admission Process 2023
BEd Course admission 2023 to the best universities will be conducted via numerous entrance tests administered by state governments or specific institutions. The admission process for B.Ed includes the online and offline submission of applications. After applying, students are informed to appear in the admission test, and counseling is also organized for the selected aspirants. After this, a final merit list of candidates is published to proceed with admission.
- Some universities conduct an entrance exam to get qualified students, while others consider the qualifying degree marks when considering admission to B.Ed programs. Candidates who take the B.Ed admission exams must also go through a counselling process to secure their seats.
- Many B.Ed programs are either entrance- or merit-based, with some universities conducting entrance exams for qualified candidates and others using scores from their qualifying degree exams. B.Ed candidates are also required to complete a counselling process in order to obtain their seats.
B.Ed Entrance Exam 2023
Both the entrance test and merit are taken into account in the admission process for the BEd course. The entrance exams for this course are conducted by a variety of universities, and scores from qualifying degrees are also analyzed by other universities and institutions. BEd entrance exams are required for admission to the program. Below, we have mentioned some of the most well-known BEd entrance exams for 2023.
- BHU UED: Every year, Banaras Hindu University conducts this entrance exam. This exam will be completed in two and a half hours. BHU provides B.Ed admission for 33 seats through this exam.
- CUET PG: Major universities like DU will accept BEd candidates through CUET PG entrance test scores. NTA conducts this exam at the national level for postgraduate programmes including BEd courses. The exam usually consists of MCQs that are to be completed in 02 hours. There are three categories in the exam: General Awareness and reasoning, Language Proficiency, and Subject Knowledge.
- NCERT CEE: Registration for the Common Entrance Exam by NCERT RIE is ongoing for Integrated BEd, BEd course. 15 July 2023 is the last date to apply for NCERT CEE BEd Entrance Exam 2023.
- CUCET: It is the Central University Common Entrance Test conducted for B.Ed admission at the national level. The duration provided to solve its paper is two hours.
- TUEE: It’s an institute-level entrance exam conducted every year by Tezpur University. Through these exams, 40 B.Ed Seats are allotted to students.
- RIE CEE: The Regional Institute of Education Common Entrance Exam is conducted by NCERT for B.Ed admission. The application fee is INR 900 and INR 450 for General and Reserved candidates, respectively.
B.Ed Course Syllabus
The B.Ed Syllabus can vary in the number and types of subjects, but mostly it is the same in many institutes. Childhood And Growing Up, Learning Resource Project, Creating an Inclusive School, Current Affairs, and other topics are covered in the B.Ed Course Syllabus. The syllabus of B.Ed is dynamic. Depending upon the needs of learners, it keeps evolving. As we know B.Ed is a course offered at the UG level, but to pursue this, completing another UG degree is necessary.
Students pursuing a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) degree prepare themselves for a career as a teacher. A number of teaching methods are included in the B.Ed syllabus, as well as psychological dispositions.
B.Ed Entrance Exam Syllabus
B.Ed Course syllabus is built upon pedagogy and other teaching/learning elements such as childhood, language, ICT & applications, knowledge, learning assessment, etc. The first year of this program consists following: childhood & growing up, gender, school and society, contemporary India, & education, current affairs, reasoning ability, and more.
Various national, regional, and institute-level entrance exams are available for B.Ed admission. The exam syllabus may vary depending on the institute, but it is usually the same. The admission test covers topics such as language skills, subject knowledge, general awareness, and thinking. The tests have 100 questions and a time limit of 120 minutes to complete them.
Scope of B.Ed course
Many students doubt the BEd course, whether it is a high salary or a wide-scope program. The answer is simple: Yes, a Bachelor of Education or BEd is one of the high-salary career courses in India. After completing the course from a reputed institute, students can pursue their careers as teachers and instructors in various organizations. The average salary package of graduates with a BEd degree is INR 3.5 LPA to INR 6.8 LPA in India. This may differ from company to company.
B.Ed Course: Job Prospects
B.Ed. graduates have many options accessible to them when it comes to establishing their careers in the job market, and many of those options come with a variety of benefits. A list of job profiles that often require a Bachelor of Education is given below:
- Educational Researcher
Career Options After BEd Course
There are many career options after a BEd course from a reputed institute. The course provides students to get jobs in the private and government sectors. It may be noted that the salary package may differ depending on the candidate’s experience, sector, and designation. Majorly, in the government teaching sector, applicants need to clear the entrance exam before getting jobs.
It should be emphasized that after completing their Bachelor of Education, students can attend the Kendriya Vidyalaya(s) or Sarvodaya Vidyalaya(s) after appearing in the Teacher Eligibility Tests (TETs).
FAQs of BEd Course
Question 1: What is the best subject for a BEd course?
Ans: There are various subjects available for Bed course candidates can choose as per their choice; some of the courses are given below:
- BSc Bed
- Political Science
- Biological Science
- Computer Science
- Home Science
Question 2: Why should I take a BEd course?
Ans: A B. Ed Course. This course will prepare you to teach at different school levels, such as secondary and senior secondary, and offer many other advantages.
Question 3: What qualifications are required to study BEd?
Ans: A bachelor’s degree is required for the B.Ed program. Regardless of the subject you studied in university, including a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Master of Engineering, or Bachelor of Science, you can apply for a BED Course.
Question 4: How does B Ed benefit you?
Ans: A candidate who has completed a B. Ed degree will be able to work in schools, coaching centres, education departments, tutoring at home, and education consulting firms.
Question 5: How many years in bed?
Answer: BEd course can be completed in a minimum duration of 2 academic years.
Q How Can You Do BEd in Delhi?
Ans Those who are curious to get admission for the Bachelor’s of Education (B. Ed) Course in Delhi. They have many options to enroll. There are multiple universities and colleges where one can take admission, such as Delhi University, IGNOU, Jamia Millia Islamia, and many more.