MSc Course: Master of Science or MSc degree is a 2-year PG program that focuses on the study of science and related fields. The course curriculum covers subjects such as cell physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematical analytics, life sciences, and so on. The MSc program offers a variety of specializations in addition to the general term, which we will discuss sooner in the article.
Latest Admission Updates:
- 12 Sep 2023: IMTS Institute is currently receiving applications for the Master of Science (MSc) program. The deadline for admissions till 25 September 2023. Apply Here
- 12 Sep 2023: NIILM University is now open for admissions to the Master of Science (MSc) program for the 2023–24 session, with the application deadline set for 20 September 2023.
- 12 Sep 2023: Sri Krishna University (SKU) is currently welcoming new registration forms for its Master of Science (MSc) program, and the registration deadline is set for 15 September 2023.
- 12 Sep 2023: Mangalayatan University is presently inviting applications for its Master of Science (MSc) program, with an application deadline of 20 September 2023.
- 12 Sep 2023: William Carey University invites applications for its MSc program. The registration deadline is 30 September 2023.
Course Eligibility: Admission to an MSc degree program in any specialization is only possible for aspirants if they pass a 3-year undergraduate degree in science or a related subject. The minimum mark percentage or precise criteria normally goes from 40 to 45 percent or is sometimes higher in private, central, state, and other universities.
Course Fee: The advanced degree program in science requires an average annual fee of INR 20,000 to 40,000. The fee difference can be easily seen as we move from one university to another.
Entrance Examinations: In India, MSc entrance exams like CUET PG, BITSAT, CUSAT CAT, and others, are very common. But starting in 2023, CUET will be used instead of DUET, JNUEE, and BHU PET to get into MSc programs. You must have finished your undergraduate degree to be qualified for the MSc program.
In order to get to the admissions completion stage of the MSc program in the distance/online mode without facing the entrance examination, students may go and connect to the IMTS Institute.
The support desk number of admission remains accessible from 10 am to 7 pm on working days.
|MA Course||MBA Course|
|M.Sc Course||M.Com Course|
|MCA Course||MSW Course|
|MSC IT Course||PhD Course|
A degree in the MSc shall allow students to brighten their academic career by choosing any of the programs such as MBA, MCA, PGDM, M.Phil, B.Ed, PhD, etc. Admission to these programs is allowed in the academic, and calendar year cycles. Students shall get more information about the mentioned programs by studying the article’s complete section.
MSc course in a specialized program allows individuals to work in a quality work environment. MSC degree holders can seek employment as chemists, financial analysts, clinical psychologists, statisticians, and more. The average salary package of the MSC Professionals in the specialized fields finds between INR 5.20 LPA to INR 11 LPA.
Aspirants can seek more detail about MSc degree admission, eligibility, entrance exams, duration, scope, and much more by reading the article completely.
MSc Course Highlights
|M.Sc Full form||Master of Science|
|M.Sc Course Duration||2 Years|
|Eligibility Criteria for MSc||40% aggregate from a recognized university or college|
|MSc Course Fees||INR 20,000 to INR 40,000 (average)|
|Admission Process||Merit or Entrance Exam|
|Type of MSc Course||Online MSC, Distance MSc, Full-Time|
|Entrance Exams||CUCET, BITSAT, CUET PG & more|
|M.Sc Specializations||Physics, IT, Zoology, Biology, Chemistry, Forestry, Psychology, Botany, Biotechnology, & Biochemistry|
What is MSc Course?
MSc is an abbreviated form of Master of Science, and it is a master’s degree in a science field of study. The two-year postgraduate program in science is taught with the aid of four semesters. Each semester includes various subjects based on mathematics, biology, chemistry, physics, and other domains.
The postgraduate program of MSc is available for students in three modes; online learning, distance, and regular education at UGC-recognized universities and associated institutions as well as colleges. The complete fee for the MSc program generally ranges from 8,000 Indian rupees to 60,000 Indian rupees at approved learning institutions.
The sections designed below will assist students in obtaining information about MSc specializations, their eligibility criteria, fees, the admission process, scope, and much more. Here, we are also going to offer details about the top learning institutions for MSc postgraduate programs.
Why Study MSc from IMTS Institute?
IMTS Institute is one of the leading institutes in the field of education. Since the Institute’s founding in 2005, more than 55,000+ candidates have received support in achieving their objectives. The success or passing rate in the IMTS is 99 percent at UG, PG, Diploma, Certificate, and other levels.
IMTS Institute was established with the objective of offering assistance to students in finding the best universities and courses by analyzing their personal and academic backgrounds. Some reputable universities in India have partnered with IMTS to support and achieve the goal of making India a literate and skill-oriented nation.
Most Indian universities and colleges follow different MSc eligibility criteria. Admission to the Master of Science (MSc) degree program is completely dependent on the following factors.
- A three-year BSc Honor or General or relevant degree from a recognized university in India.
- The minimum marks percentage required for admission to the MSc program is 40.
- It is necessary to have a bachelor of science degree.
- There is a 5% relaxation for candidates from reserved categories.
MSc Course Fees:
The fee for the MSc online, or distance mode program, typically varies from one another in universities affiliated with IMTS. Candidates who are looking for an MSc degree have to pay a minimum amount of INR 20,000 to 40,000 annually.
MSc Course Duration:
Master of Science, or MSc, is a postgraduate-level course, and the duration of this program is 2-years. In India, there are various universities and institutions that offer MSc courses, such as Banaras Hindu University (BHU), the University of Hyderabad, and many more. The admission will be based on both merits and the entrance exam. Students must have a BSc degree or any degree in a relevant field.
Candidates who want to be considered for admission to the MSc degree program but have many questions can contact the IMTS Institute through WhatsApp, call, social media, websites, etc. to request a callback from professional counselors. In order to provide candidates with the best university recommendations, the knowledgeable counselor will enquire about the candidates’ educational and personal backgrounds.
|BA Course||BBA Course|
|B.Sc Course||B.Com Course|
|BCA Course||BSW Course|
|BAF Course||BBM Course|
|B.Tech Course||BEd Course|
The service offered by the IMTS Institute will continue to be provided free of cost because students are not required to pay anything for registration or any other form. The only payment that students are required to make is for the university program for which they are applying to confirm their admission.
Trending Online Courses in India 2023
|Online BA||Online MA|
|Online BBA||Online MBA|
|Online BCA||Online MCA|
|Online BSC||Online MCOM|
|Online BCOM||Online Diploma|
MSc Course Details
Students who want to take admitted to the MSc course need to know many things before applying, such as eligibility criteria, fees, duration, and many more. In the next section, we have added some essential points about the course. We will request that students go through it.
- Masters of Science is abbreviated MSc.
- Many universities offer this two-year postgraduate degree program. MSc degrees are available in various disciplines, including chemistry, physics, math, and computer science.
- The top government MSc colleges include BHU, JNU, and the University of Hyderabad.
- The entrance exam is required for MSc admission, BHU UET, BITSAT, IPU CET, UPSEE, JNUEE, NPAT, TISS NET, etc.
- MSc Leading Universities in India cost between INR 5,100 and 62,110 per year.
- MSc online program prices range from INR 10,000 to 40,000. Direct entry to MSc Remote Education institutes.
- MSc holders can work as Project Assistants, Pharma Associates, Patent Associates, Lab Managers, Food Safety Analysts, and Regulatory Affairs Specialists. Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), GAIL, Ranbaxy, etc., are top recruiters in India.
- MSc degree holders in renowned positions earn between INR 5.2 and 11 lacs per annum.
- After completing this program, one can pursue a doctorate or an MBA.
Who Should Pursue MSc Course?
The details given below provide information about the students who can pursue MSc courses like:
- Any student who has completed graduate studies in science or a relevant discipline can enroll in the MSc courses.
- Those students who have intentions to join the Ministry of Science & Technology must pursue this course to have higher positions in this sector.
- A candidate who will be a scientist, lab manager, assistant scientific officer, etc., must pursue this course. It can also be taken by students who want to further grow their careers in the academic environment to become science teachers, lecturers, or professors.
When to pursue MSc Course?
There is no perfect event where students should enroll in the MSc course. However, for the ease of fresh graduates, who choose to study MSc courses must know the following points:
- Pupils can choose to continue pursuing an MSc Course right out of college or even at a subsequent time.
- There is no upper age limit for enrolling in the subject in most cases. Aspirants who pursue an MSc degree are eligible for various state and business job prospects.
- Every candidate who has intentions to complete their studies quickly must be enrolled in the course as soon as possible, in this way they will be able to complete their studies on time.
Why Study MSc Course after Graduation?
An MSc degree holder has many advantages in the workplace. Among the reasons to choose this course are:
- Many prominent colleges and organizations recognized for their R&D efforts and inventions welcome candidates with an MSc certificate.
- For example, many scientific students take the GATE test to get a Master of Technology (M-Tech), which pays approximately 4-8 LPA, depending on the university, the student’s success in the question and answer session, and the student’s success in the question and answer session as their technical knowledge.
- It is also an option to advance MBA degrees to enter the hard and demanding business world. Aside from the MBA, students can pursue a Managerial MBA tailored to working adults.
MSC Online/Distance Learning Admission Process in IMTS:
The process of admission is detailed in the following sections, with more precise information one would not want to miss.
- To begin the process of admission to the MSc Course program, the first act that aspirants must do is to register themselves with the online application form accessible at the IMTS Institute website.
- Students who have made the submission of the application form would soon receive a call for confirmation of registration.
- In the same call– students would be asked by the attendee to mark the mode and date for the counselling process.
- Each individual who registers on the IMTS portal receives the option of either online or offline modes of counselling.
- In the counselling session, aspirants must share required and correct information about their academic records, and basic personal information to obtain the best output or suggestion for MSc program admission.
- Students can either independently complete or dial the contact number 9210989898 of IMTS Institute for help in finishing the admission formalities.
- For counselling, the institute charges no fees.
Types of MSc Courses
There are various MSc course types that students can pursue according to their interests. The program is offered as MSc Part-time, MSc Full-time, and MSc online education. Below, we have given the details about each course type.
Full-Time MSc Course
MSc in India is mostly offered in full-time mode. The MSc is a good choice for anyone who wants to get more education in a field that focuses on statistical research and how to do research. Various higher education institutes can pursue this course. Multiple sectors in India recruit MSc degree holders in various positions. Students take this course because of its opportunities when they complete and acquire the degree.
Distance MSc degrees are designed for teaching professionals who are also working adults. By taking part-time classes, they will be able to study at some times and work at other times. Additionally, this type of degree provides excellent job prospects. In addition, such programs are less expensive than regular courses.
Like a regular MSc, MSc Online lets students go to school without having to travel or follow a strict academic schedule. As previously said, most online universities charge around INR 20000 for a Master of Science. Private universities may charge between INR 40000 and INR 80000.
The Master of Science subject field offers numerous alternatives in terms of career. The MSc remuneration ranges between INR 3 and 5 LPA or higher, depending on the person’s abilities, competence, and performance in the Q & A session.
MSc Course Specializations
A Master of Science (MSc) in India or worldwide is available with multiple specializations, such as an MSc in IT, MSc in Physics, an MSc in Nursing, and many more. Candidates can choose any specialization depending on their interests. The basic requirement in the MSc program, students should have a graduation degree from a science background. More than 50+ MSc Course specializations are available for admission.
Physics is ideally the study including motion, kinetic energy, force & waves. To study this specialization at the MSc level, one must have mathematics or physics subjects at 10+2. MSc Physics course is also available in various modes like part-time, distance, and regular. The fee of the MSc Physics course is Rs 24,845 to Rs 36,999 per year; it may differ as per the institution. Delhi University, IPU, IGNOU & more offer MSc in Physics to eligible students.
Master of Science in Botany is available for students who are interested in learning the plant and processes revolving around it. The course is a PG-level program that comprises the advanced study of basic elements. The entrance exam will be conducted to provide admission into the MSc Botany course. Many top colleges like Hindu College and the Faculty of Botanical Studies provide MSc botany programs based on entrance exam scores.
MSc in IT is a specialized course focusing on the main aspects related to information technology. The duration of this course is 2 years and in this duration, the students cover the syllabus of the MSc course by keeping the objective towards IT technology.
By opting for the MSc IT course students have the opportunity for getting a highly reputed and opted job in the IT atmosphere. Students who have completed their bachelor’s study from a recognized institution can apply for admission in the MSc IT course in a reputed institution.
In India, various institutes offer Master of Science degrees in nursing. Students usually pursue the program after completing a BSc in Nursing. Course level is master’s or postgraduate, and the program lasts two years. A practical diagnosis component is also included in this MSc specialization. Topics include nursing management, nursing research, advanced nursing practices, and more. An entrance test is generally required for admission to the MSc nursing program.
MSc Computer Science
MSc CS Course is offered at various institutes in modes like part-time & full-time. The course of Master of Science in Computer Science includes Modern Tool Usage, Entrepreneurship, Information Technology & more. Admission to the MSc Computer Science course will be given based on the marks in the entrance exam and merit in the relevant UG degree. The basic salary one can get after completing the MSc CS course is INR 3.7 LPA to INR 7.2 LPA.
MSc in Chemistry is a two-year postgraduate course. There are many topics candidates will need to read in the MSc Course in Chemistry, including physical chemistry, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, and analytical chemistry. In order to choose chemistry for their MSc course, students must have received at least a 50% on their graduation exam or any course of an equivalent level.
MSc Data Science
In India, the trend of a new technology known as Data Science becomes popular. Learning this technology at the PG level, the best option is MSc in Data Science. The course includes topics like Programming, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing, Data Computation & more. The duration of the MSc Data Science course is 2 years.
The Master of Science in Psychology course is available for students who have completed their graduation degree. Psychology is the broad aspect study of human minds, behavior, and emotions. This master-level course specializes in psychology in three fields Organizational, Counseling & Clinical. Many students, after pursuing the program, can get job roles in private organizations, schools, hospitals, & more. The salary package is quite high after graduating with MSc in Psychology.
Master of Science or MSc in Zoology course is offered at multiple institutions for admission. It is mandatory to have a UG degree in Zoology specializations with a minimum score of 45%. Also, to get enrollment in government colleges, the student has to appear for the entrance exam (CUET PG, IIT JAM & more). MSc Zoology course syllabus genetics, tissue structure, taxonomy, biostatistics & more.
Biotechnology is the field of technology that combine biological systems, and living organisms to create valuable products. Learning this technology at the MSc level is a plus point for students who want to make career as clinical researchers, food quality inspectors & more. The fee of the MSc Biotechnology course may vary as per the colleges/universities.
Master of Science or MSc in Statistics is a 2-year postgraduate course available in many top colleges in India. The course includes topics like Probability, Regression Analysis, Design of Experiments, Ancillary Mathematics & more. Students can be admitted into the MSc Statistics course through an entrance examination.
MSc Admission 2023
At present, loads of universities in India are accepting applications for MSc degree programs to offer admissions. Students have plenty of options; among those, the top choices that aspirants must pick for MSc program admission in the ongoing session are IMTS Institute, Mangalayatan, WC University, Subharti University, NILM University, etc.
Admission to MSc degree programs at the above-mentioned universities started for MSc in Computational Science and Applications, MSc in Food Technology, MSc in Soil and Water Conservation, etc. The deadline for admission to MSc specialized degree programs may not extend beyond this month; 25 September 2023.
Some other universities/institutions that aspirants would like to study at for MSc programs are Delhi University, Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Indian Institute of Science, and more. Admission to MSc General and MSc specialized advanced degree programs is usually done on the basis of academic and entrance test marks.
MSc Course Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want admission to the MSc course must follow the eligibility criteria that we have mentioned below. Students can read and know whether they are eligible or not
- The following are the main selection rules for MSc courses which are accompanied in about every university and college throughout India:
- Pupils should hold a BSc or any degree in a related field.
- A lower limit of 40 percent at the bachelor’s level is required to gain enrolment.
- Aspirants from the backward classes are typically given a 5% reservation.
- Based on the institution, the lowest cumulative scores needed could vary. There is usually no maximum age for getting admitted to a Master of Science training course.
MSc Entrance Exam 2023
For enrolment in a Master of Science curriculum, a few admission tests are held at both the national and institute levels. The hereunder are among the top significant institute’s entrance tests applying for entry.
- JNUEE: JNUEE 2023 is an entrance exam that is held once a time in year at the level of the university. The assessment is held for aspirants getting entry to JNU’s fourteen School systems’ bachelor, masters, M.Phil., Doctorate, and integrated programs.
- CUET PG: Common University Entrance Test every year conducted by the National Testing Agency. The Central Universities in India widely accept the entrance exam for providing M.Sc course admission.
- BHU PET: The Banaras Hindu University Post Graduation Entrance Exam is required for admission (BHU PET). This is a test that the university gives at the master’s level. Many people think that students can get into all kinds of classes.
- BITSAT: The Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test, or BITSAT. It’s used to get people into Incorporated First Courses of studies like B.E., B.Pharm, and Master of Science at BITS academic institutions in Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad.
- TISS NET: The TISS NET assessment links the NAAC Grade A institutions and over 55 core subjects. TISSNET is an online exam of 100 minutes total time in which 100 queries should be responded to.
MSc Entrance Exam Syllabus
The MSc entrance test syllabus differs by body, and various institutes have followed a similar format for the MSc admission test. Most MSc courses, including Geophysics and Biochemistry, need entrance tests. You’ll find multiple-choice questions on subjects like biology and physics in it, and almost 100 questions are provided with one positive mark for each correct response.
MSc Course Syllabus
The MSc curriculum largely depends on the topics and specialties chosen by the students. It consists largely of required courses worth 3 to 4 credit hours and various modules worth 2 to 3 credit hours that must be chosen in the final year.
Most of the classes you need to take include training and seminars, especially in Experimental Science and Survey. The MSc Mathematics program teaches Linear Algebra, Real Analysis, Numerical Analysis, and other math topics. There are a lot of classes in the MSc Biology program, like Cell Biology, Microbiology, Clinical Immunology, and more. If you get an MSc in Physics, you’ll learn about things like classical mechanics and advanced optics as well as electronics and nuclear physics.
Top MSc Colleges in India
There are many universities & colleges in India that offer a Master of Science, such as IGNOU, Annamalai University, and others. These are some of the best colleges in every, students can get a master’s in science. The Master of Science program lasts two to four years, and students with a valid Bachelor of Science degree can apply online. Popular distance learning MSc programs include science, strategic planning, financial services, and other advanced studies.
Top MSc Colleges in Delhi
There are approximately 202 MSc colleges in Delhi. Various other colleges are there some private and some government. Delhi MSc colleges have a fee of INR 9000 to INR 105000.
- Hindu College
- St. Stephens College
- GD Goenka University
- Miranda House
- Hansraj College
- St Stephen’s College
- Lady Irwin College
Top MSc Colleges in UP
Students can take MSc degree courses from around 99 colleges in Uttar Pradesh. A few of these 99 colleges are government while others are private. All these colleges are associated with UGC and offer MSc with about INR 13000 to INR 50000. Some of the MSc Colleges in UP are:
- Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology Varanasi
- Amity University
- Banaras Hindu University
- Aligarh Muslim University
- DAV College
- Chaudhary Charan Singh University
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology
- National Post Graduate College
Top MSc Colleges in Haryana
In Haryana, the MSc course is offered by around 44 colleges out of which 11 are government and the rest are private. The average fee of an MSc in these colleges is around INR 50000 to INR 128000. These MSc colleges in Haryana grant admission on a merit basis however some require entrance tests. These include
- Government Postgraduate College
- Maharishi Markandeswar university
- Gurugram University
- Amity University
- Dayanand College
- Kurukshetra University
- DAV College
- Maharshi Dayanand University
Top MSc Colleges in Punjab
Punjab has almost 55 colleges where students can pursue MSc courses. INR 13000 to INR 120000 is the average annual fee for MSc in these colleges. Popular are:
- Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Panjab University
- IIT Ropar
- Government Medical College and Hospital
- Punjab Agricultural University
- Post Graduate Government College
- Government Home Science College
- GGDSD Chandigarh
MSc Course Scope
There are many students who have questions about what to do after the M.Sc course might be one of the most common concerns among students of the course. The Master of Science degree offers students a wide range of career options, including biotechnical firms, national organizations such as those involved in space research and agriculture, or private companies like Reliance and TCS, which have a wide range of job opportunities.
MSc Course Jobs
After completing an MSc degree, graduates have various job options in their specialization area as well as in other areas. The following are the top job options that are available after the MSc course:
- Testing Engineer
- Network Planning Manager
- Regulatory Affairs Specialist
- IT Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Software Developer
- Forensic Scientist
- Quality Assurance Analyst
- Application Programmer
- Research Scientist
- Data Scientist
MSc Recruitment Areas:
There are many fields where MSc degree holders find themselves as job professionals check out the following points:
- Testing laboratories
- Educational institutes
- Biotechnology firms
- Chemical industry
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ques 1: How does studying MSc Course benefit you?
Ans: There are so many benefits of MSc Course candidates make a good career through this degree with a good salary package check out some most selective benefits:
- Advancement opportunities
- Improved personal development
- Networking opportunities
- Competitive advantage
- Higher education preparation
Ques 2: After completing an MSc degree, what are the options?
Ans: For science students, it is a great career choice. It is an excellent field for training the next generation and improving skills that will make them successful leaders in the future. Lecturers are in high demand after graduating with an MSc.
Question 3: Is MSc 2 years or 3 years??
Answer: In India, the minimum duration for MSc course is 2 years.
Question 4: Which type of course is MSc?
Answer: MSc is a postgraduation degree course.
Question 5: How can I do MSc after 12th?
Answer: Yes you can do MSc course after 12th, but you have to enrol in MSc integrated course.
Question 5: Who can apply for the Master of Science course?
Answer: Those applicants allowed to take admission for an MSc degree who have completed their BSc or any equivalent degree and obtain at least a 50 percent score.
Question 6: What is the age required for Admission to MSc?
Answer: Their no age limit to pursue this master’s degree. students need to hold bachelor’s degree