MSc Course: The master of science (MSC) is a PG degree program. MSC Degree is typically offered for studies in engineering, science, and medicine stream. The program focuses on mathematical, scientific, and numerical research subjects. MSC program has several specializations, and the studies of all variants provide detailed learning to the students.
MSC two-year program admission eligibility is a bachelor’s degree in science or a related stream. Admissions are generally offered on qualifying exam scores. However, Some universities approve admission on entrance test performance. The MSC course fee generally goes between INR 5,100 to 62,110. Fees deposits are allowed to make online, or offline.
The degree program of MSC consists of variants such as chemistry, pharmacy, phtotology, cyber forensics, physiology, design computing, stem cell therapy, oceanography, and more. A general BSC degree covers the following subjects in four semesters e.g., mathematical physics, laboratory, numerical analysis, cell biology, polymer science, medicinal chemistry, etc. MSC General program is taught in the theory and practical mode.
A degree in the MSC shall allow students to brighten their academic career by choosing any of the programs such as Phd, MBA, PGDM, M.Phil, MCA, B.Ed, etc. Admission to these programs is allowed in the academic, and calendar year cycles. Students shall get more information about mentioned programs by studying the article’s complete section.
MSC degree in the specialized program allows individuals to work in a quality work environment. MSC degree holder can seek employment as a Chemist, Financial Analyst, Clinical psychologists, statisticians, and more. The average salary package of the MSC Professionals in the specialised fields finds between INR 5.20 LPA – INR 11 LPA.
Aspirants can seek more detail about MSC degree admission, eligibility, entrance exams, duration, scope, and much more by reading the article completely.
MSc Course Highlights
|M.Sc Full form||Masters of Science|
|M.Sc Course Duration||2 Years|
|Eligibility Criteria for MSc||50% aggregate from a recognised university or college|
|MSc Course Fees||INR 5,000 to 1.2 Lakh (average)|
|Admission Process||Merit or Entrance Exam|
|Type of MSc Course||Online, Part-Time, Full-Time|
|Entrance Exams||CUCET, BITSAT, DUET & more|
|M.Sc Specializations||Physics, IT, Zoology, Biology, Chemistry, Forestry, Pyschology, Botany, Biotechnology, & Biochemistry|
What is MSc Course?
The MSc (Master of Science) is a globally recognized degree. College is not only for advancing your profession but also for becoming an expert in a particular field. Most Indian students choose this degree because of the numerous advantages it provides.
Students with a Master’s degree in science can pursue a doctorate or work in MSc-related jobs such as regulatory affairs expert, lab manager, project assistant, patent associate, junior research fellow, etc. Master of Science salaries often ranges from INR 5.20 LPA – INR 11 LPA.
It is a two-year PG programme aimed to teach students important scientific and technological abilities. This course requires a bachelor’s degree in science. To pass the bachelor’s test, students must score at least 50% or higher.
You can work in research, biotechnology, medical laboratories, food institutions, academia, and other fields with an MSc.
MSc Course Details
- Masters of Science is abbreviated MSc.
- Many universities offer this two-year postgraduate degree programme. MSc degrees are available in various disciplines, including chemistry, physics, math, and computer science.
- The top MSc colleges include BHU, JNU, and the University of Hyderabad.
- The entrance exam is required for MSc admission. BHU UET, BITSAT, IPU CET, UPSEE, JNUEE, NPAT, DUET, TISS NET, etc.
- MSc Leading Universities in India cost between INR 6,460 and 1.10 Lacs per year.
- MSc online programme prices range from INR 10,000 to 40,000. Direct entry to MSc Remote Education institutes.
- MSc holders can work as Project Assistants, Pharma Associates, Patent Associates, Lab Managers, Food Safety Analysts, and Regulatory Affairs Specialists. Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), GAIL, Ranbaxy, etc., are top recruiters in India.
- MSc degree holders in renowned positions earn between INR 5 and 12 lacs per annum.
- After completing this programme, one can pursue a doctorate or an MBA.
Who Should Pursue MSc Course?
The details are given below provide the information about the students who can pursue MSc courses like:
- Any student who has completed graduate studies in science or relevant discipline can enrol in the MSc courses.
- Those students who have intentions to join the Ministry of Science & Technology must pursue this course to have higher positions in this sector.
- A candidate who will be a scientist, lab manager, assistant scientific officer, etc., must pursue this course. It can also be taken by students who want to further grow their careers in the academic environment to become science teachers, lecturers, or professors.
When to pursue MSc Course?
There is no perfect event where students should enrol in the MSc course. However, for the ease of fresh graduates, who choose to study MSc courses must know the following points:
- Pupils can choose to continue pursuing an MSc Course right out of college or even at a subsequent time.
- There is no upper age limit for enrolling in the subject in most cases. Aspirants who pursue an MSc degree are eligible for various state and business job prospects.
- Every candidate who has intentions to complete their studies quickly must be enrolled in the course as soon as possible, in this way they will be able to complete their studies on time.
Why Study MSc Course after Graduation?
An MSc degree holder has many advantages in the workplace. Among the reasons to choose this course are:
- Many prominent colleges and organisations recognised for their R&D efforts and inventions welcome candidates with an MSc certificate.
- For example, many scientific students take the GATE test to get a Master of Technology (M-Tech), which pays approximately 4-8 LPA, depending on the university, the student’s success in the question and answer session, and the student’s success in the question and answer session as their technical knowledge.
- It is also an option to advance MBA degrees to enter the hard and demanding business world. Aside from the MBA, students can pursue a Managerial MBA tailored to working adults.
Types of MSc Course
Students can now pursue MSc in a variety of available types. Usually, the course is offered as an MSc full-time, MSc Part-time, and MSc online education system. Below are given the details about each.
Full-Time MSc Course
MSc in India is mostly offered in full-time mode. The MSc is a good choice for anyone who wants to get more education in a field that focuses on statistical research and how to do research.
Various higher education institutes can pursue this course. Multiple sectors in India recruit MSc degree holders in various positions. Students take this course because of its opportunities when they complete and acquire the degree.
A Part-Time MSc degree is designed for teaching persons who are also working adults. Through the part-time classes, they will be able to study at some time and work at other available times. This type of degree is also famous for providing a great job prospectus. The fee for such programs is also less than the other regular studies.
Like a regular MSc, MSc Online lets students go to school without having to travel or follow a strict academic schedule. As previously said, most online universities charge around INR 20000 for a Master of Science. Private universities may charge between INR 40000 and INR 80000.
The Master of Science subject field offers numerous alternatives in terms of career. The MSc remuneration ranges between INR 3 and 5 LPA or higher, depending on the person’s abilities, competence, and performance in the Q&A session.
MSc Course Eligibility Criteria
- The following are the main selection rules for MSc courses which are accompanied in about every university and college throughout India:
- Pupils should hold a BSc or any degree in a related field.
- A lower limit of 50 to 60percent at the bachelor’s level is required to gain enrolment.
- Aspirants from the backward classes are typically given a 5% discount.
- Based on the institution, the lowest cumulative scores needed could vary. There is usually no maximum age for getting admitted to a Master of Science training course.
MSc Course Syllabus
The MSc curriculum largely depends on the topics and specialities chosen by the pupil. It consists largely of required courses worth three to4 credit hours and various modules worth 2 to 3 credit hours that must be chosen in the final year.
Most of the classes you need to take include training and seminars, especially in Experimental Science and Survey. The MSc Math programme teaches Linear Algebra, Real Analysis, Numerical Analysis, and other math topics. There are a lot of classes in the MSc Biology programme, like Cell Biology, Microbiology, Clinical Immunology, and more. If you get an MSc in Physics, you’ll learn about things like classical mechanics and advanced optics as well as electronics and nuclear physics.
MSc Course Specializations
Master of Science in India or worldwide is available in various specializations. Students can choose depending on their past subject choice or interest. The basic course requirement is to study the intermediate or graduate from a science background. More than 50+ MSc Course specializations are available for admission.
Physics is ideally the study including motion, kinetic energy, force & waves. To study this specialization at the MSc level, one must have mathematics or physics subjects at 10+2. MSc Physics course is also available in various modes like part-time, distance, and regular. The fee of the MSc Physics course is Rs 24,845 to Rs 36,999 per year; it may differ as per the institution. Delhi University, IPU, IGNOU & more offers MSc in Physics to eligible students.
MSc in IT is a specialized course focusing on the main aspects related to information technology. The duration of this course is 2 years and in this duration, the students cover the syllabus of the MSc course by keeping the objective towards IT technology.
By opting for the MSc IT course students have the opportunity for getting a highly reputed and opted job in the IT atmosphere. Students who have completed their bachelor’s study from a recognized institution can apply for admission in the MSc IT course in a reputed institution.
Master of Science or MSc in Nursing is offered at various institutes in India. Students generally pursue the program after completion of the BSc in Nursing course. The level of the course is master’s or PG, and the duration of the program is 2 years. Also, this specialization of the MSc course includes practical diagnosis with theoretical classes. The course topics are nursing management, nursing research, advanced nursing practices & more. Generally, admission into the MSc nursing program will be made through an entrance test.
The Master of Science in Psychology course is available for students who have completed their graduation degree. Psychology is the broad aspect study of human minds, behaviour and emotions. This master-level course specializes in psychology in three fields Organizational, Counseling & Clinical. Many students, after pursuing the program, can get job roles in private organizations, schools, hospitals, & more. The salary package is quite high after graduating with MSc in Psychology.
Master of Science or MSc in Zoology course is offered at multiple institutions for admission. It is mandatory to have a UG degree in Zoology specializations with a minimum score of 45%. Also, to get enrollment in government colleges, the student has to appear for the entrance exam (CUET PG, IIT JAM & more). MSc Zoology course syllabus genetics, tissue structure, taxonomy, biostatistics & more
MSc Entrance Exam 2022
For enrolment in a Master of Science curriculum, a few admission tests are held at both the national and institute levels. The hereunder are among the top significant institute’s entrance tests applying for entry.
- JNUEE: JNUEE 2022 is an entrance exam that is held once time in a year at the level of the university. The assessment is held for aspirants getting entry to JNU’s fourteen School systems’ bachelors, masters, M.Phil., Doctorate, and integrated programs.
- BHU PET: The Banaras Hindu University Post Graduation Entrance Exam is required for admission (BHU PET). This is a test that the university gives at the master’s level. Many people think that students can get into all kinds of classes.
- BITSAT: The Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test, or BITSAT. It’s used to get people into Incorporated First Courses of studies like B.E., B.Pharm, and Master of Science at BITS academic institutions in Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad.
- TISS NET: The TISS NET assessment links the NAAC Grade A institutions and over 55 core subjects. TISSNET is an online exam of 100 minutes total time in which 100 queries should be responded to.
- DUET: DU Entrance Exam is an assessment of students taken by Delhi University for admission to MSc and various other programs. Each year the National Testing Agency arranges this entrance exam in August.
MSc Entrance Exam Syllabus
The MSc entrance test syllabus differs by body, and various institutes have followed a similar format for the MSc admission test. Most MSc courses, including Geophysics and Biochemistry, need entrance tests. You’ll find multiple-choice questions on subjects like biology and physics in it, and almost 100 questions are provided with one positive mark for each correct response.
MSc Admission 2022
- MSc admission for 2022 will start at several universities soon.
- If you have good grades and pass exams, you can apply for an MSc in 2021. Written admission tests are used to see how smart and knowledgeable candidates are.
- After the seniority-based and admission test processes, a group discussion and personal interview are needed to ensure everyone is in.
- The MSc degree is awarded to individuals who have excelled in their academic studies. A minimum of 50%-60% in undergraduate study is required.
- The admission test determines MSc admission. The most prevalent MSc entry exams include BITSAT, JNUEE, TISS NET, etc.
- Some universities, including JSS University, provide direct MSc enrollment based on a student’s UG grades or other comparable evaluations.
MSc Distance Education
MSc distance learning is available in various fields of study and from several well-known universities and colleges in India. Annamalai University, IGNOU, and others are some of the best places to get a distance master’s in science.
The Master of Science programme lasts two to six years, and students with a valid Bachelor of Science degree can apply online. Popular distance learning MSc programmes include science, strategic planning, financial services, and other advanced studies.
Top MSc Colleges in India
MSc Colleges in Delhi
There are approximately 202 MSc colleges in Delhi, including Hindu College, St. Stephens College, GD Goenka University, Miranda House, etc. Various other colleges are there some private and some government. Delhi MSc colleges have a fee of INR 9000 to INR 105000.
MSc Colleges in Mumbai
Students can take MSc degree courses from around 99 colleges in Mumbai. Few of these 99 colleges are St. Xavier’s College, Jai Hind College, Mithibai College, and soon. All these colleges are associated with UGC and offer MSc with about INR 13000 to INR 50000.
MSc Colleges in Bangalore
In Bangalore, the MSc course is offered by around 94 colleges. These include Christ University, Jain University, Mount Carmel College, St. Josephs’s College, etc. The average fee of an MSc in these colleges is around INR 50000 to INR 128000.
MSc Colleges in Hyderabad
Hyderabad has almost 55 colleges where students can pursue MSc courses. Popular are the University of Hyderabad, Nizam College, IIT Hyderabad, St. Ann’s College for Women, etc. INR 13000 to INR 120000 is the average annual fee of MSc in these colleges.