MSW Course is a two-year postgraduate degree that teaches social work theory. This technical degree programme covered macro- and microsocial work practises in communities, hospitals, and other domains. MSW admission requires a bachelor’s degree in humanities, science, or management with a 50% aggregate. Social work students are admitted first. TISSNET and BHUNET are entrance tests for several universities. MSW Admission Tests
Students who want to take admission to MSW courses are required to have a bachelor’s degree from the authorized institution or university. The MSW Course is a postgraduate (PG) level program divided into four semesters. MSocWk, MSocWork, or MSW is the abbreviation for the Master of Social Work degree.
The Master of Social Work is a technical postgraduate degree course that combines macro and micro aspects of professional social work practice in communities, hospitals, schools, and other social services institutions. Generally, India’s MSW program lasts two years and is divided into four semesters during that time.
The course was prepared to offer quality education in the following subjects: Philosophy & Social Work, Psychology for Social Work, Social Work Research, Community Work, Social Welfare Management, Poverty & Livelihood, Environment & Disaster Management, etc.
The rest of the MSW program sections such as the admission process, fees, entrance test, duration, scope, and colleges/universities have been described further in the article.
MSW Course Highlights
|MSW Full Form||
Master of Social Work
|MSW Course Level||Master|
CUET PG, IPUCET, BHU PET & more
Regular, Online & Part-time
|MSW Course Fee||
Rs 20,000 to Rs 1,37,000
Delhi University, IPU, BHU, Aligarh Muslim University
|Salary in India||
INR 5.14 LPA to INR 8.2 LPA
Why study MSW from IMTS Institute?
IMTS Institute is a driving force in education for over 17 years. The Institute was established in 2005 with the objective to provide support for the needful to make their academic profile sound, and effective for the betterment of the future. It has assisted thousands of students ( more than 45,000) since its inception and possesses a remarkable passing ratio of 99 percent.
There are several norms and regulations that are scripted by the educational authorities and are followed by the IMTS Institute. There have been many esteemed authorities who have praised “IMTS Institute” for the unselfish service they provide to the community. There are many universities linked to the IMTS that have been approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC). There are many regions of the country where the process of expanding the wings to be able to help the students is getting quicker and quicker.
MSW Eligibility Criteria:
Admission to the Master of Social Work (MSW) program in distance education and online mode is given to candidates of the following eligibility.
- A three-year BSW or Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from an approved university in India.
- The minimum percentage to have in the qualifying exam for admission is 40 percent.
MSW Course Fees:
The master of social work (MSW) is offered online and through distance education at associated universities. The minimum MSW course fees are INR 20,000, and the average maximum fee is INR 1,37,000. Students can pay the MSW course fees in multiple ways, like by credit card/debit card, UPI, and more.
MSW Course Duration:
The complete form of the MSW course is Master of Social Work. And the duration of this course is two years. Students who want to take admission to this course must have finished a bachelor’s degree with good marks from a UGC-authorized university. The admission process for the MSW course will be based on an entrance exam or merit-based.
Admission to the MSW program is possible for students in a well-honored university with just a few clicks. For admission, aspirants have to ping us or call through WhatsApp, social media, websites, etc. A counselor with great experience will call you back to ask a few basic questions before suggesting anything.
The aspirants will acquire outstanding recommendations after presenting their individual and academic information. You won’t be charged anything by IMTS for the registration or services. However, candidates who are pleased with the support and eager to enroll in the program can spend the tuition /registration fee to guarantee their spot.
|BA Course||BBA Course|
|BCOM Course||BCA Course|
|BSC Course||BBM Course|
|BTech Course||BEd Course|
|BAF Course||BSW Course|
|MBA Course||MCA Course|
|MCom Course||MSC Course|
|MSW Course||MSC IT Course|
What is MSW?
MSW is a social science degree that teaches students how to use resources to solve societal problems and assist people in dealing with their pain and problems through group therapy, funding, and other socioeconomic approaches. MSW discusses a wide range of topics related to community work, including human resource development and management, child rights and protection, labor welfare, community development, rural rebuilding, and so on. However, there is still a significant gender gap in India’s social work area. People who work in this profession make up only 12.5 percent of the workforce.
MSW Course Details
Obtaining a Master of Social Work degree is a highly specialized course that provides students with a profound understanding and knowledge of social structure, sociocultural management structures, and the processes related to them. Below, you will find some of the most important information regarding the MSW Course, such as a list of the MSW Course fees, the top universities that offer the MSW program, and many more. Students are requested to read this section carefully before beginning the course.
- The MSW program is available in both traditional and online formats.
- Students can take MSW classes online through networks like Academy Earth, edX, Coursera, and Alison.
- The MSW program has four academic sessions. MSW topics include quantitative social work, labour welfare, social legislation, and social history.
- The top universities for MSW programs are Delhi University, Christ University, and TATA Institute of Social Science.
- The course costs between 20,000 and 2 lakhs rupees. Private universities like Manipal University and Amity University charge between INR 2 and 3 LPA for a 2 years degree program.
- Employed professionals can earn an MSW in two to five years from universities like IGNOU, DU, and YCMOU for around INR 40K.
- Some of the world’s most prestigious universities offer MSW Foreign Classes, including Flinders University and the University of Michigan.
- Those who complete the program can work in human rights, social services, healthcare, etc.
- Interested candidates can now choose to work with regional, national, or global NGOs.
- Human Rights Activists, Program Coordinators, Social Counsellors, Program Managers, Social Activists, Social Workers, etc., are among the positions that require an MSW degree.
Why Study MSW?
- Here are some of the reasons why getting an MSW degree can lead to a good job.
- A job as a social worker comes with a lot of responsibility and chances to repay the favor to people and the country.
- Learners should have a deeper understanding, be able to practice, be assessed, use rational reasoning to do research, and be able to identify and think about their own identities and the way they interact with their communities and the world around them.
- After they finish the program, they can work for public organizations, like the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, on long-term or short-term contracts in roles like Coordinator, Program Manager, Fieldwork, and more.
Who Should Pursue MSW?
- Aspirants who want to work in the social and humanitarian sectors must pursue.
- Applicants who would like to collaborate as social counselors must take this program.
- This course is available to executives in charge of ethical business practices at massive corporations.
- Students who want to switch jobs can enroll in this program.
- Folks who want to start one’s possess non-profit organizations can also enroll in the Master’s program in Social Work.
- Bachelor of Social Work or BSW alumni can enroll in this program to improve their career opportunities.
When to pursue MSW?
- Students can begin the MSW program shortly after completing their BSW and other pertinent bachelor’s programs.
- Upon acquiring appropriate knowledge of the social task, aspirants can continue pursuing the classes. It is strongly advised that hopefuls have prior experience with site investigation before enrolling in the MSW program.
- Practitioners can complete the MSW training web-based or via range learning to enhance their experience and competencies.
Types of MSW Course
Among Indian students, MSW is becoming a very popular academic pursuit due to the possibility of specializing in various disciplines, and MSW course job opportunities such as healthcare, psychology, and skills training. The diverse needs of prospective MSW students have indeed led to the development of various kinds of MSW classes.
Full-Time MSW Course
- The full-time MSW university education is a two-year educational approach that focuses on delivering students the right skills in the evolution of society and wellbeing. It is perhaps the most popular type of MSW program.
- The mean annual fee charged for full-time MSW courses is about INR 20K to INR 2 lacs.
- Enrollments are based on the merit of graduate studies, but certain universities recommend admissions tests. The TISS NET, BHU PET, and other major entry tests.
- Banaras Hindu University, Delhi University, Loyola College, Chennai, Christ University, and other prestigious institutions offer MSW programs.
Part-Time MSW Course
Part-Time MSW courses are now being offered in a great number of institutes. These are aimed at students who are unable to attend full-time classes, and the same eligibility criteria are set for part-time MSW admissions. Of course, every student who applies for this type should pass graduate studies first with a minimum of 50% marks.
- The MSW program takes 2 to 5 years to complete when pursued in online mode.
- The tuition fee is INR 11790 to INR 32400 annually to pursue this course.
- Some famous institutes offering MSW in distance mode are The Global University, Dr.Babasaheb Ambedkar University, IGNOU, and soon.
- Many working adults widely know online MSW programs because they enable them to advance their careers.
MSW Admission 2023
Master of Social Work (MSW) admission has been started at various universities in India for 2023 session. The program is available in three modes at different universities. Students can choose any mode that suits them. Admission to the MSW course is based on both merit and an entrance exam. Students who want admission to this course must have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university. Some Institutes conduct entrance tests followed by an interview to provide enrollment for MSW courses.
Different Universities and testing agencies will organize the entrance exam at a national, University, or state level. After qualifying for any of these entrance exams, usually around for the counseling of students is held, and interviews are also taken.
At the end of the admission process, a final list of selected students is published on the official site of the University.
Trending Updates for MSW Course Admission
- For MSW Degree, admission is ongoing at DAVV and the last date to apply is 3 June 2023.
- Registration for the MSW course at Alagappa University has begun. Application forms are due on 31 May 2023.
- The application forms for the MSW course at IGNOU are now available for the July session. The deadline for registration is 30 June 2023.
- Admissions for the MSW Course at Madras University are now open. The application’s last date is 30 June 2023.
MSW Course Eligibility Criteria
Students who want to take admission to the MSW course. Below, we have shared the crucial points regarding the MSW eligibility criteria.
Trending Online Courses in India 2023
|Online BA||Online MA|
|Online BBA||Online MBA|
|Online BCA||Online MCA|
|Online BSC||Online MCOM|
|Online BCOM||Online Diploma|
- Candidates should have completed the bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree from a UGC-approved university/college with at least 50% marks.
- Candidates who belong to the reserved category provide a relaxation of 5% in the minimum marks.
- As we have discussed above, students must pass the entrance exam, if any
- Understudies from the Arts, Commerce, science and other fields are indeed qualified for the MSW program if they have a minimal level of a 50 percent grade point average from a known university or college.
MSW Admission Process
The admission process for the MSW course is entirely based on the student’s abilities, which are judged by taking an entrance test. The level of education that students have at the end of high school is also a factor in whether or not they are allowed to go to college.
MSW admission starts with the release of application forms. These forms are available both in person and online at the website of the university where you want to go to school.
Second, there is a test to enter the programme, and the difficulty of the test changes over time. The majority of institutions in India will accept your score if you earn it on one of the examinations that are given at one of the many locations throughout the country. Others are on a regional or university level, and they assist individuals in gaining admission to a particular state or institution of higher education.
MSW Entrance Exam 2023
There are no specific tests for MSW admission; however, universities screen students based on their performance in a written examination or talent evaluation form, accompanied by an individual interview.
- CUET PG: For the year 2023, Various central universities in India are accepting the Common University Entrance Test for providing postgraduate course admission. NTA is conducting the CUET PG for MSW course admission.
- TISS NET: The Tata Institute of Social Science administers the TISS NET entrance exam. TISS NET is an MCQ-type exam that contains queries about a High Level of awareness, Proficiency in the English Language, and other topics. This admissions test has a total of 100 queries and just a timescale of 100 minutes for solving all questions. Applicants in their last semester of BSW can take the exam.
- BHU PET: Banaras Hindu University administers the BHU PET exam for getting admission to numerous postgraduate programs, such as social work. Students must have a graduate school-level exam minimum score of 50 percent. Aspirants who are taking their last year’s exams can appear in the admissions test. The test has an optimum time limit of 2 hours.
- AMU CET: The Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) administers a university-level entrance examination called the AMU. MCQ-based, this exam assesses students’ conceptual understanding and capacity as well as their reasoning skills. The admissions test is only open to students who have already received a minimum of 50 percent in their bachelor’s study exam. A maximum age restriction of 27 years applies to the test.
MSW Entrance Exam Syllabus
Almost all the entrance exams conducted for MSW admissions are aptitude-based examinations. However, the syllabus of all levels of exams is the same such that it contains subjects like logical reasoning, general awareness, critical thinking, and proficiency in English. The question paper of every entrance exam usually contains a total number of 100 questions that are MCQ-based. One mark is given for each question, and negative marks are applicable.
MSW Distance Education Fee
There are a number of institutes in India that offer MSW distance education. The course takes a minimum of two years to complete, and it can last up to five years. In general, it depends on how much time a student devotes to his or her studies and what his or her capacity is. Candidates who are unable to attend full-time classes will benefit greatly from this type of study. MSW tuition costs range from INR 2 L to INR 4 L per annum.
Distance MSW Admission Process
The selection criteria for admission to a distance MSW course can vary depending on the institute. MSW, when offered in distance mode, the admissions are usually made on a merit basis. Students will need to submit their academic documents at the time of admission and also a caste certificate.
Diploma holders are also sometimes acceptable for distance MSW admission. However, students need to have marks not less than 50% in any graduate degree. At the time of admission, students can choose among various specializations for MSW.
MSW candidates are selected for the course based on the minimum scores required in the exams marked as the eligibility criteria as part of the selection process for the course. Once that step has been completed, you will be required to take a test at the college. As soon as the aspirant has achieved a satisfactory result on all of those previous tests, they are selected for further examinations.
MSW Course Syllabus
There is a lot of similarity in the design of the curriculum at most of the best universities. However, the choice of optional topics varies. Exploration and survey training are the best ways to learn, and it gives students a taste of the information that will help them stay involved in social movements and improve their skills with specific cases and real projects.
This syllabus 2023 has a wide variety of topics on it, such as the history of social work, tribal anthropology, poverty reduction, microfinance, micro-businesses, etc. The MSW course syllabus includes topics like the history of social work, tribal anthropology, and social work.
MSW Colleges in Delhi
In Delhi, there are many public and private colleges where students can study MSW programs. The MSW Course fees can vary from Rs 20,000 to Rs 137000.
- Amity University
- Manav Rachna International University
- Gotam Buddha University
- Gurugram University
- Al-Falah University
- CCS University
MSW Colleges in UP
The are more than 54 colleges in UP that offer MSW course. Admission to some of these colleges will be based on entrance tests. However, some colleges offer admission on a merit basis. The tuition fee is INR 32000 to INR 82000. These MSW colleges are:
- Aligarh Muslim University
- IFTM University
- Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University
- Amity University
- Shakuntala Misra National Rehabilitation University
- University of Lucknow
- Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith
- Chaudhary Charan Singh University
MSW Colleges in Haryana
Haryana has a lot of top academies that offer MSW courses for a price of between INR 9000 to INR 98000. Applications will be accepted by the eligible candidates only. Students from Haryana can apply at IMTS Institute. The institute is offering the course and best students support services including free counselling.
MSW Colleges in Punjab
MSW programs are offered by many top colleges in Punjab. There is an average fee amount of INR 9100 to INR 91,000 for students who wish to enrol in MSW in Punjab colleges. Among the best institutes that provide quality MSW education in Punjab are:
- CT University
- Punjab University
- Guru Nanak Dev University
- RIMT University
Career Scope MSW Course
A degree program at MSW offers an opportunity for students to give more solidity to their educational profile. Options for professional points of view emerge in good numbers as well. A Handsome salary package will be given to the new professionals in the associated field of Social Work. Those who have earned an MSW degree from well-known institutions will have the opportunity to work in the public and private sectors. The top job profiles for MSW graduates are:
- Social Worker
- Training Coordinator
- Programme Coordinator
MSW Course Job Opportunities
- Research Assistants
- CSIR Officer
- Project Coordinator
- Social Worker
- General Manager
- Project Fellow
- Field Investigators
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ques 1: What is the future of MSW?
Ans: One can apply for jobs in various fields after obtaining a master’s degree in social work. There is always a high demand for medical jobs. In hospitals, nursing homes, and rehabilitation centers, MSW graduates with medical specialization can find employment.