BAF Course: It is a three-year degree program in accounting and finance. In various UGC-approved institutions across the country, the program is taught over six semesters. For admission to this UG degree program, students must have passed their 12th grade from a state or central board. The average course fee for a Bachelor of Accounting & Finance (BAF) program ranges from INR 20,000 to INR 82,000. , Accounting and finance are both in-depth topics in the Bachelor of Accounting and Finance BAF program. This is more popular than accounting or finance in B.Com because it combines both. Students who do not wish to pursue a Bachelor of Commerce often choose this option as their 12th-grade option.
BAF Course Admission Updates:
- IMTS Institute is inviting students to apply for admission to BAF Course. The forms are live and all candidates must submit their admission forms before the last date.
The degree program covers a wide range of commerce-related topics, including accounting, auditing, finance, market systems, risk management, etc. Students in the BAF program will study theory and practice for six semesters. Auditors, financial managers, and investment analysts are among the subjects covered in the practical courses.
Taking this course can help candidates gain a better understanding of the market in order to pursue a career in finance. Chartered Accountants, Marketing Managers, and Billing Data Analysts can also benefit from this degree.
Students with a BAF degree can study courses in MBA Finance, MBA Auditing & Finance, and MCOM General to strengthen their academic profiles. This article explains more about the BAF Scope.
Check out the following sections of this article if you want more information about BAF course admissions, eligibility, entrance exams, Scope, and more.
BAF Course Highlights
|BAF Full Form||Bachelor of Accounting & Finance|
|BAF Course Admission||Application Based|
|Baf Course Fee||INR 20,000 to INR 82,000|
|BAF Course Salary||4-8 lakhs per annum (Approx.)|
|BAF Course Duration||3 Years|
|Eligibility For BAF Course||10+2|
|BAF Course category||Undergraduate|
|Structure Of BAF Course Programme||Semester-wise|
Why Study BAF Course at IMTS Institute?
Since 2005, IMTS Institute has been a spectacular leader in online and distance education. The Institute has a long history, during which time it has assisted over 44,900 students in achieving their objectives. The decision to assist those in need was the beginning of a seventeen-year career.
There are very rare institutes approved by the educational authorities has a passing ratio of more than 98 percent. The IMTS Institute is one of the elite institutions that has been able to maintain a passing percentage of 99 since its arrival. IMTS was raised with a dream to be the support system for the special classes of the country who does not have a strong financial background.
Candidates who want to have admission to the BAF program in the online, and distance mode at any of the associated universities of IMTS need to secure the mentioned eligibility.
- Aspirants must have passed their senior secondary examination or equivalent from the approved state and central board in India.
- Marks requirements are going to vary from one university to another.
There is a wide range of fees for the BAF program, depending entirely on the university. The least amount that candidates can pay for the BAF undergraduate program is INR 20,000. While the highest fee for the respected bachelor’s degree program is INR 82,000. The deposit of fees is possible in the part-wise mode.
In order to get help related to the query of the academic future, aspirants can reach out to our offered options, e.g., websites, contact number, social media, or WhatsApp. Your one ping will bring a call back from one of our experienced counselors in a few hours.
The candidates’ academic, and financial backgrounds will be taken into consideration as we present the best universities and program options. The candidates are not needed to deposit any amount for the service, or registration. The amount can be asked for program admission and tuition fees at the respected universities.
|BA Course||BBA Course|
|BCOM Course||BCA Course|
|BSC Course||BBM Course|
|BTech Course||BEd Course|
|BAF Course||BSW Course|
|MBA Course||MCA Course|
|MCom Course||MSC Course|
|MSW Course||MSC IT Course|
What is BAF Course?
BAF is a 3-year undergraduate degree program in finance and accounting. Designed for accounting specialists and top financers, this course prepares them for the job market. Using this knowledge, many important developments can be made in the nation’s accounting and finance sector. This degree opens up a wide range of job opportunities. After earning this degree, one can pursue reputable jobs such as Accountant, Financial Analyst, Revenue Manager, Assistant Manager, and Marketing Manager. Even a beginner can earn about INR 3 to INR 8 lacs annually in this field.
BAF Course Details
- BAF is the short form used for the course, i.e., Bachelor of Accounting and Finance.
- It is a bachelor’s degree program designed to learn the basics of accounting and finance.
- The course of BAF takes about three years to complete, and these three years are split into about six Semesters. The syllabus of BAF has different subjects for each semester.
- After completing this bachelor’s degree program, there are great chances of employment. The most popular jobs related to this field are Financial Analyst, Revenue Manager, Assistant Manager, Accountant, Marketing Manager, and soon.
- The benefit of receiving a BAF degree is the most reputable jobs and their higher salaries. A person employed at the beginner level can make annual revenue of INR 3 to INR 8 LPA.
- Admission to BAF is based on the criteria of merit and the entrance exam. Generally, the required qualification for Admission to BAF is the 12th class.
- The entrance exam-based Admission is provided via the comparison of the score. Some well-known BAF entrance exams are SET NPAT and DUAT.
- Bachelor of Accounting and Finance can be chosen to study in India’s public or private institutes. The fee in different institutes is different, but the average range of being charged in most institutes is INR 20,000 to INR 82,000.
All about BAF Course
Accounting and finance knowledge is imparted by BAF. There is an advanced technique that students will learn in this course that can be used in the market. In addition to this, students learn about the management of accountants and finance for a company, nation, or some other entity in the most profitable way. A merit-based admission process and an entry test are conducted once a year as part of the admissions process. There are many institutes that offer BAF Admissions twice a year, such as IGNOU, for example. A student only needs a 10+2 certificate along with a cumulative mark of 50% to qualify for merit-based admissions.
BAF Admission 2022
Many universities in India organize BAF Admission 2022; thus, the registration date may also differ. Most of the Admission will start in June 2022, but some institutes will begin in January or February. Each institute will publish a notification for the start of Admission. Like every year, Admission in 2022 will also be based on 10+2 marks and the merit of students they acquire in the entrance exam. Entrance exams are an important part of Admission, and each student must qualify for it with good marks. The entrance exams are of various natures, i.e., national or University level.
Why Study BAF After 12th?
The selection of a BAF degree course is based on the choice of students, but some common benefits make this course important to pursue after the 12th, and some of the facts are given below:
- The practices of Accounting and Finance are very popular among students. In this program, students learn about taxation, fundamentals, and principles of accounting, calculation, and tally of GST, Vat, and Indian Tax Policy.
- This course provides the best calculation skills to its learners.
- Students with this degree can move for higher studies like M.Com and Research.
- Students after this three-year course become able to manage the diversified situations being encountered in accounts and finance.
- Many job opportunities are then opened for them, and they can earn about INR 350000/- to 800000/- in a year.
Who should Pursue BAF Course?
It is necessary to provide the right counselling to students to understand their suitability for a particular course. Students who should pursue a BAF degree are defined as:
- Anyone who has completed their education up to the 12th class in the related Field is best considered for continuing at the bachelor’s level.
- A student is interested in learning the best calculation skills and utilizing them for a national or personal purpose.
- Each student who wants to join the field of accounts and finance is most welcome to pursue this degree. This course is most suitable for those who want to become accountants or financial analysts.
When Should Pursue BAF Course?
After gaining the details about BAF, generally, a question is raised about the best time for pursuing this degree program. However, as in most cases, it has been observed that the right time to pursue this course is just after completing your intermediate. BAF is a course in which students learn about accounting and finance; those enrolled in a certificate or diploma course can simultaneously pursue this degree to enhance their know]ledge. Also, if you are fond of accounting and finance, you can learn them at any time, even with online learning programs.
Types of BAF Course
A single learning method can not be suitable for all students; the choices and circumstances of every student are different. There are many learning methods for a single study program that are designed by considering the needs of students. The most common BAF degree types offered in India are as follows:
A full-time BAF is the most common degree program that is provided by almost every institute in India. It is a regular course for which classes are held daily. This type of degree course is most common among students, and most of them choose to study under the full-time BAF course. The eligibility criteria for a full-time BAF is almost 50% marks in the 10+2 and passing an entrance exam. Different entrance exams are conducted for this purpose. Some most common among those are DUAT, SET, NPAT, etc. In Indian colleges, INR 40000 to INR 150000 is the average full-time BAF course fee range.
Part-Time BAF is a degree program that is taught in a part-time manner. A Bachelor of Accounting and Finance is suitable for students from the commerce field. Those who complete their 10+2 education and desire to study further but have no access to regular courses can join this part-time BAF course. Many institutes have now adopted part-time courses. This part-time learning is best suitable for the working students to manage their time. In this kind of learning, they can work and study simultaneously. It is equally rewarding as the regular BFA courses; students get the same employment opportunities.
Online BAF is a bachelor of Accounting & Finance taught in the Field of commerce through online classes. The length of online BAF can vary from 3 years to 6 years based on institute and student. Many institutions in India are now engaged in teaching various courses, including BAF, through the online learning method. Examples of such institutes are IGNOU, Suresh Gyan Vihar University, TNOU, and many others. It is most beneficial for the students who live in areas where they have no campus near. Also, the student who has some financial constraints, lack of time, etc., can pursue this course.
BAF Course Admission Process
The BAF Admission Process varies by the institute, but it is based on merit plus entrance exams. In order to be eligible for admission, an aspirant must first qualify for the 12th or equivalent examination. Students must then qualify for the entrance exam. A variety of entrance exams are conducted for this purpose, such as the NPAT, the STE, and the DUAT. Among the entrance exams, some are national, some are regional, and some are institute-level. In order to determine the final selection, a counselling round is held for qualified candidates, followed by the publication of a merit list.
BAF Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of BAF are dependent on the entrance exam. The minimum qualification required for BAF Admission is listed below: It is anyhow required that each student must have finished the higher school education from a well-recognized institute. Students’ degrees must be affiliated to the CBSE, ICSE, or any other state board. To be qualified for BAF Accounting & Finance, you must have a minimum percentage of 50%. This percentage is acceptable if a student is from the general category; otherwise, 45% is the minimum score required for all reserved category students.
BAF Entrance Exams
In many cases, Admission is dependent on the marks obtained by a candidate in the intermediate. However, some entrance exams are concerned with the BFA Admission, and these are:
- IPU CET: This is a university-level Admission test conducted for shortlisting the most eligible candidates. Apart from BAF, it is also conducted for many other courses. The IPU CET registrations will start in June 2022.
- VEE: VELS University Chennai organizes the VEE entrance exam for Admission to various UG and PG courses every year. For the upcoming session, VEE will be held in May 2022.
- NPAT: The registrations for NPAT will start in February 2022. The NarseeMonjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) is the conducting body of the authorized entrance exam NPAT. It is conducted for offering UG & PG Admission in many specializations.
- LPUNEST: LPUNEST conducted by LPU. This exam is designed for shortlisting candidates, and also scholarships are provided based on performance.
BAF Course Entrance Exam Syllabus
The entrance exams conducted for BAF Admission are mostly the aptitude type of exams. Such entrance exams are generally based on four to five sections. The syllabus of the BAF entrance exam consists of subjects like Logical Reasoning, General Awareness, Analytical Ability, and English. Each subject in the question paper carries equal marks. Almost 20-25 questions are prepared for each section. Almost 120 questions are there in the entrance exam paper. It is mandatory to qualify for each section; thus, students should prepare equally for all subjects. Negative marking is also applicable in most entrance exams.
Top BAF Course In Mumbai
- Navneet College Of Arts Science and Commerce
- Ghanshyamdas Jalan College Of Science Commerce & Arts
- Bbas Bunts College Of Higher Education
- Indian Institute Of Business Management & Studies
- Reena Mehta College
- Ace Educators
- Mark Classes
- Shree Siddhi Professional Classes
BAF Course Syllabus
There is a wide range of topics that are covered in the BAF syllabus which are relevant to the business world. In addition to accounting principles, macroeconomics, basic mathematics, financial accounting, introduction to finance, cost accounting, and soon, there will be other subjects included in the program. Along with the elective subjects, many other subjects are also included in this program.
- BAF Colleges in Delhi
Almost 291 colleges are there in Delhi, where one can pursue a BAF degree in the stream of commerce. The Hindu College, LSR College for Women, Shri Ram College of Commerce, Hans raj College, and others are the top colleges in Delhi for pursuing a BFA. About INR 12500 to INR 210000 is the average annual fee for BAF in the Delhi Colleges.
- BAF Colleges in Mumbai
Many students in India are taking their BAF studies from the colleges of Mumbai. Best BAF teachings are provided in 101 colleges in Mumbai. The top BAF colleges in Mumbai are KJS College, and HR College, ST. Xavier’s College, etc.
- BAF Colleges in Bangalore
Including 22 public and 177 private colleges, Bangalore has 199 colleges where BAF courses are offered. These include Mount Carmel College, Jain University, Christ University, and other UGC-recognized institutes. One can study BAF in such colleges from INR 75000 to INR 250000 cost.
- BAF Colleges in Hyderabad
In Hyderabad, there are 68 colleges that offer BAF courses as part of their curriculum. A total of nine of these colleges are public colleges, and 59 of them are private colleges. There is an average annual fee of INR 11000 to INR 155000 for BAF in Hyderabad colleges on a per course basis. A list of the best BAF colleges in Hyderabad includes the Osmania University, the Indian Institute of Management & Commerce, St. Joseph Degree, Post Graduate College, etc.
BAF Course Scope
The scope of the BAF course can lead to careers in a variety of business and banking sectors. The scope and salary of BAF in India are extensive and are expected to grow rapidly over the next few years. It is important to note that students who complete a BAF acquire skills and qualifications that they can use in their careers as accountants. Depending on the level of education and experience of the graduates of the BAF course, the scope and salary of the course differ. For freshers who complete a BAF course, the following careers are available to them:
- Sales Executive
- Chartered Accountant
- Financial Risk Manager
- Accounts Assistant
- Company Secretary
- Tax Consultant
- Finance Analyst
Which job is best after BAF?
It is absolutely normal to feel confused about what career path to choose after completing a BAF Course. There are a lot of factors that can play into your decision, so it is wise to do some thorough research before making any decisions that could affect your long-term career options.
In case you are unsure of your interests after completing BAF, here are some options we have shortlisted for you.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Master of Business Administration in Finance (MBA in Finance)
- Master of Commerce (M. Com – Accounting and Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (US CPA)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
The top five colleges for Bachelor of Accounting and Finance (BAF) Admission
- Chennai Loyola College
- MCC, Chennai
- Chandigarh University
- Christ College
- Mumbai’s Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics