BAF Course: Bachelor of Accounting and Finance is a three-year degree program. The program is taught for six semesters in various UGC-approved institutions across the country. Applicants are needed to pass at least 12th from the state or central board to find admission to this UG degree program.
The degree program is designed to provide definite learning in commerce-oriented subjects at the UG level such as accounting, auditing, finance, market systems, risk management, and more. Six semesters of the BAF program shall comprise theories and practicals. The practically based subjects include Auditing, Financial Management, Investment Analysis, etc.
The average course fee for a Bachelor of Accounting & Finance (BAF) is Between INR 20,000 to INR 82,000. The student who acquired a degree in BAF can advance towards a handsome job profile, and earn up to 2-5 LPA.
A degree in BAF will help students to study some advanced level courses to strengthen their academic profiles such as MCOM Auditing & Finance, MBA Finance, MCOM General, etc. More about the BAF Scope has been detailed in this article.
Candidates who wish to enter the course to pursue a career as an Expert in Finance can develop a better knowledge of the market. The degree will help those individuals as well who later wish to make a professional career as Company Secretary, Chartered Accountant, Marketing Manager, Billing Data Analyst, etc.
Bachelor of Finance and Accounting (BAF) degrees are intended for undergraduate students interested in Accounting, Financial Institutions, Market Systems, Banking, and Management. Depending on the university and the institution, the content of this three-year program can differ. There is also a possibility that this course will help you gain a deeper understanding of practical topics, such as Auditing, Investment Analysis, and Financial Management. In order to enrol in a BAF course, you must meet a few prerequisites in order to qualify for the program. Commerce subjects that are required include accounting, mathematics, and business studies.
Applicants who are looking for more information about the BAF program consisting of course admission, eligibility, entrance exam, Scope, and more, can check out the following sections of this article.
BAF Course Highlights
|BAF Full Form||Bachelor in Finance and Accounting|
|BAF Course Admission||Application Based|
|Baf Course Fee||INR 20,000 to INR 82,000|
|BAF Course Salary||4-8 lakhs per annum (Approx.)|
|BAF Course Duration||3 Years|
|Eligibility For BAF Course||10+2|
|BAF Course category||Undergraduate|
|Structure Of BAF Course Programme||Semester-wise|
What is BAF Course?
BAF is a 3-year undergraduate degree program in finance and accounting. Designed for accounting specialists and top financers, this course prepares them for the job market. Using this knowledge, many important developments can be made in the nation’s accounting and finance sector. This degree opens up a wide range of job opportunities. After earning this degree, one can pursue reputable jobs such as Accountant, Financial Analyst, Revenue Manager, Assistant Manager, and Marketing Manager. Even a beginner can earn about INR 3 to INR 8 lacs annually in this field.
BAF Course Details
- BAF is the short form used for the course, i.e., Bachelor of Accounting and Finance.
- It is a bachelor’s degree program designed to learn the basics of accounting and finance.
- The course of BAF takes about three years to complete, and these three years are split into about six semesters. The syllabus of BAF has different subjects for each semester.
- After completing this bachelor’s degree program, there are great chances of employment. The most popular jobs related to this field are Financial Analyst, Revenue Manager, Assistant Manager, Accountant, Marketing Manager, and soon.
- The benefit of receiving a BAF degree is the most reputable jobs and their higher salaries. A person employed at the beginner level can make annual revenue of INR 3 to INR 8 LPA.
- Admission to BAF is based on the criteria of merit and the entrance exam. Generally, the required qualification for Admission to BAF is the 12th class.
- The entrance exam-based Admission is provided via the comparison of the score. Some well-known BAF entrance exams are SET NPAT and DUAT.
- Bachelor of Accounting and Finance can be chosen to study in India’s public or private institutes. The fee in different institutes is different, but the average range of being charged in most institutes is INR 20,000 to INR 82,000.
All about BAF Course
BAF imparts knowledge of accounting & finance. Students enrolled in this course learn the advanced techniques to be used in the market. They also learn to manage the accounts and finance of a company, nation, or others in a most profitable way. The Admission is merit and entry test-based and is conducted once a year. Many institutes provide BAF Admission twice a year, such as IGNOU. In the case of merit-based entries, a student only needs to have a 10+2 certificate along with a 50% accumulation of obtained marks.
BAF Course Admission 2022
Many universities in India organize BAF Admission 2022; thus, the registration date may also differ. Most of the Admission will start in June 2022, but some institutes will begin in January or February. Each institute will publish a notification for the start of Admission. Like every year, Admission in 2022 will also be based on 10+2 marks and the merit of students they acquire in the entrance exam. Entrance exams are an important part of Admission, and each student must qualify for it with good marks. The entrance exams are of various natures, i.e., national or University level.
Why Study BAF After 12th?
The selection of a BAF degree course is based on the choice of students, but some common benefits make this course important to pursue after the 12th, and some of the facts are given below:
- The practices of Accounting and Finance are very popular among students. In this program, students learn about taxation, fundamentals, and principles of accounting, calculation, and tally of GST, Vat, and Indian Tax Policy.
- This course provides the best calculation skills to its learners.
- Students with this degree can move for higher studies like M.Com and Research.
- Students after this three-year course become able to manage the diversified situations being encountered in accounts and finance.
- Many job opportunities are then opened for them, and they can earn about INR 350000/- to 800000/- in a year.
Who should Pursue BAF Course?
It is necessary to provide the right counselling to students to understand their suitability for a particular course. Students who should pursue a BAF degree are defined as:
- Anyone who has completed their education up to the 12th class in the related Field is best considered for continuing at the bachelor’s level.
- A student is interested in learning the best calculation skills and utilizing them for a national or personal purpose.
- Each student who wants to join the field of accounts and finance is most welcome to pursue this degree. This course is most suitable for those who want to become accountants or financial analysts.
When Should Pursue BAF Course?
After gaining the details about BAF, generally, a question is raised about the best time for pursuing this degree program. However, as in most cases, it has been observed that the right time to pursue this course is just after completing your intermediate. BAF is a course in which students learn about accounting and finance; those enrolled in a certificate or diploma course can simultaneously pursue this degree to enhance their know]ledge. Also, if you are fond of accounting and finance, you can learn them at any time, even with online learning programs.
Types of BAF Course
A single learning method can not be suitable for all students; the choices and circumstances of every student are different. There are many learning methods for a single study program that are designed by considering the needs of students. The most common BAF degree types offered in India are as follows:
A full-time BAF is the most common degree program that is provided by almost every institute in India. It is a regular course for which classes are held daily. This type of degree course is most common among students, and most of them choose to study under the full-time BAF course. The eligibility criteria for a full-time BAF is almost 50% marks in the 10+2 and passing an entrance exam. Different entrance exams are conducted for this purpose. Some most common among those are DUAT, SET, NPAT, etc. In Indian colleges, INR 40000 to INR 150000 is the average full-time BAF course fee range.
Part-Time BAF is a degree program that is taught in a part-time manner. A Bachelor of Accounting and Finance is suitable for students from the commerce field. Those who complete their 10+2 education and desire to study further but have no access to regular courses can join this part-time BAF course. Many institutes have now adopted part-time courses. This part-time learning is best suitable for the working students to manage their time. In this kind of learning, they can work and study simultaneously. It is equally rewarding as the regular BFA courses; students get the same employment opportunities.
Online BAF is a bachelor of Accounting & Finance taught in the Field of commerce through online classes. The length of online BAF can vary from 3 years to 6 years based on institute and student. Many institutions in India are now engaged in teaching various courses, including BAF, through the online learning method. Examples of such institutes are IGNOU, Suresh Gyan Vihar University, TNOU, and many others. It is most beneficial for the students who live in areas where they have no campus near. Also, the student who has some financial constraints, lack of time, etc., can pursue this course.
BAF Course Admission Process
The BAF Admission Process varies by the institute, but it is based on merit plus entrance exams. In order to be eligible for admission, an aspirant must first qualify for the 12th or equivalent examination. Students must then qualify for the entrance exam. A variety of entrance exams are conducted for this purpose, such as the NPAT, the STE, and the DUAT. Among the entrance exams, some are national, some are regional, and some are institute-level. In order to determine the final selection, a counselling round is held for qualified candidates, followed by the publication of a merit list.
BAF Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of BAF are dependent on the entrance exam. The minimum qualification required for BAF Admission is listed below: It is anyhow required that each student must have finished the higher school education from a well-recognized institute. Students’ degrees must be affiliated to the CBSE, ICSE, or any other state board. To be qualified for BAF Accounting & Finance, you must have a minimum percentage of 50%. This percentage is acceptable if a student is from the general category; otherwise, 45% is the minimum score required for all reserved category students.
BAF Entrance Exams
In many cases, Admission is dependent on the marks obtained by a candidate in the intermediate. However, some entrance exams are concerned with the BFA Admission, and these are:
- IPU CET: This is a university-level Admission test conducted for shortlisting the most eligible candidates. Apart from BAF, it is also conducted for many other courses. The IPU CET registrations will start in June 2022.
- VEE: VELS University Chennai organizes the VEE entrance exam for Admission to various UG and PG courses every year. For the upcoming session, VEE will be held in May 2022.
- NPAT: The registrations for NPAT will start in February 2022. The NarseeMonjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) is the conducting body of the authorized entrance exam NPAT. It is conducted for offering UG & PG Admission in many specializations.
- LPUNEST: LPUNEST conducted by LPU. This exam is designed for shortlisting candidates, and also scholarships are provided based on performance.
BAF Course Entrance Exam Syllabus
The entrance exams conducted for BAF Admission are mostly the aptitude type of exams. Such entrance exams are generally based on four to five sections. The syllabus of the BAF entrance exam consists of subjects like Logical Reasoning, General Awareness, Analytical Ability, and English. Each subject in the question paper carries equal marks. Almost 20-25 questions are prepared for each section. Almost 120 questions are there in the entrance exam paper. It is mandatory to qualify for each section; thus, students should prepare equally for all subjects. Negative marking is also applicable in most entrance exams.
BAF Course Syllabus
The BAF syllabus covers a wide range of topics that are relevant in the business world. The subjects include accounting principles, macroeconomics, basic mathematics, financial accounting, introduction to finance, cost accounting, and soon. Many other subjects are also included, along with the elective subjects.
- BAF Colleges in Delhi
Almost 291 colleges are there in Delhi, where one can pursue a BAF degree in the stream of commerce. The Hindu College, LSR College for Women, Shri Ram College of Commerce, Hans raj College, and others are the top colleges in Delhi for pursuing a BFA. About INR 12500 to INR 210000 is the average annual fee for BAF in the Delhi Colleges.
- BAF Colleges in Mumbai
Many students in India are taking their BAF studies from the colleges of Mumbai. Best BAF teachings are provided in 101 colleges in Mumbai. The top BAF colleges in Mumbai are KJS College, and HR College, ST. Xavier’s College, etc.
- BAF Colleges in Bangalore
Including 22 public and 177 private colleges, Bangalore has 199 colleges where BAF courses are offered. These include Mount Carmel College, Jain University, Christ University, and other UGC-recognized institutes. One can study BAF in such colleges from INR 75000 to INR 250000 cost.
- BAF Colleges in Hyderabad
There are 68 colleges in Hyderabad that are offering BAF courses. Among these, nine colleges are public, and 59 are private colleges. For BAF in Hyderabad colleges, INR 11000 to INR 155000 is the average annual fee. The top BAF colleges in Hyderabad include Osmania University, Indian Institute of Management & Commerce, St. Joseph Degree, PG College, etc.
BAF Course Scope
The scope of the BAF course can lead to careers in a variety of business and banking sectors. The scope and salary of BAF in India are extensive and are expected to grow rapidly over the next few years. It is important to note that students who complete a BAF acquire skills and qualifications that they can use in their careers as accountants. Depending on the level of education and experience of the graduates of the BAF course, the scope and salary of the course differ. For freshers who complete a BAF course, the following careers are available to them:
- Sales Executive
- Chartered Accountant
- Financial Risk Manager
- Accounts Assistant
- Company Secretary
- Tax Consultant
- Finance Analyst
Which job is best after BAF?
It is absolutely normal to feel confused about what career path to choose after completing a BAF Course. There are a lot of factors that can play into your decision, so it is wise to do some thorough research before making any decisions that could affect your long-term career options.
In case you are unsure of your interests after completing BAF, here are some options we have shortlisted for you.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Master of Business Administration in Finance (MBA in Finance)
- Master of Commerce (M. Com – Accounting and Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (US CPA)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
The top five colleges for Bachelor of Accounting and Finance (BAF) Admission
- Chennai Loyola College
- MCC, Chennai
- Chandigarh University
- Christ College
- Mumbai’s Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics