BAF Course: BAF or Bachelor of Accounting and Finance degree, is an undergraduate program. The three-year course is available in two modes of education; regular and online learning. The course is a study of auditing, financial accounting, taxation, risk management, and so on. The course has yet to embark on its voyage in the distance education mode.
BAF Course Headline
|Full Form||Bachelor of Accountancy and Finance (BAF)|
|About Course||UG program focusing on accounting, finance, taxation, auditing, and more.|
|Course Fee||INR 20,000 – 1,50,000 (average)|
|Eligibility||Minimum 50% aggregate in class 12. Exams are required for admission.|
|IMTS Exams||No IMTS entrance examinations.|
|Approval||IMTS Institute courses are approved by UGC, AICTE, DEB|
|Validity||Degrees and diplomas are valid.|
|IMTS Admission||20-minute complimentary call course and university advice.|
|Syllabus||Cost Accounting, Business Communication, Financial Accounting, etc. are semester-based.|
|Job Positions||Tax Policy Analyst, Financial Risk Manager, Marketing Manager, etc.|
|Employment Areas||Accenture, Infosys, Wipro, HDFC Bank, Deloitte, PwC, EY.|
|Suitability||Accounting, finance, and similar disciplines.|
|Benefits||Learns specialised skills; can work in numerous fields.|
|Subjects||Fundamental Cost Accounting, Business Environment, Micro-Economics, etc.|
|Admission Process (IMTS)||Visit https://imtsinstitute.com/, register, receive personalised counselling, choose online or offline sessions, and obtain admission help. Call IMTS Helpdesk at 92 10 98 98 98 for assistance.|
BAF Course Latest Updates : BAF course admissions, and we’ve got the inside scoop on how you can secure your spot in the world of Accounting and Finance.
- Mangalayatan University: The admission window for the Bachelor of Accounting and Finance (BAF) course at Mangalayatan University is open for the 2023-24 session. The deadline to enroll has been extended until December 25, 2023.
- Subharti University Distance Education: Fresh registrations for the BAF Course in Subharti University distance education for the 2023 session are in full swing. You’ve got until November 25, 2023, to complete the application process. Don’t miss this opportunity.
- Sri Krishna University: Sri Krishna University has extended the date for submitting BAF course applications to December 30, 2023.
- NIILM University: upcoming academic year with BAF, The application deadline at NIILM University has been extended to December 27, 2023.
The clock is ticking, and limited seats are available, so don’t miss this chance to shape your future in accounting and finance.
The general cost of the course is found in the range of INR 20,000 to INR 80,000 per year. Admission is largely offered to candidates based on their 12th-grade success. Indeed, there is a definite possibility of an entrance examination for admission to this course at UGC-approved universities.
BAF course is best suited for individuals who wish to acquire foundational and quantitative knowledge about the diverse fields of business and accounting. Once you complete the course, you have a great option to pursue at both academic and professional domains. The remaining information about the BAF course is available in the upcoming sections of the article.
BAF Eligibility Criteria: Applicants seeking admission to BAF courses must have completed their 10+2 grade education from a recognized board and should have obtained a minimum of 35 to 45% marks. Admission to BAF courses is primarily done on the basis of merit, which is determined by performance in entrance examinations.
BAF Course Fee: The cost of the 3-year BAF Course degree program averages between 20,000 and 80,000 Indian Rupees (INR) per year. Due to the administrative services and amenities offered to students by their respective colleges, universities, and institutions, there may be differences in the fees that are charged.
Examinations for Admission The majority of universities use a merit system to determine admission to their conventional Bachelor of Arts and Sciences degree programs, and this merit is derived from students’ performances on examinations for admission. Examinations such as the Common University Entrance Examination (CUET), the Common Entrance Test (CET), and other comparable assessments are typically required for admission to BAF.
|Entrance Exams||Application Date||Exam Date|
|NPAT||1st Week of December, 2023 – Fourth Week of May, 2024||1st week of January to last week of May 2024|
|CET||March 2024 – 4th Week of May, 2024||Last Week of June, 2024|
|CUET||9th February, 2024 – 31st March, 2024||21st to 31st May, 2024|
|SET||Last Week of January, 2024 – 3rd Week of April, 2024||1st Week of May, 2024|
IMTS Institute does not offer admission to the BAF courses in online and distance learning modes. This article is just for informational purposes.
|BA Course||MA Course|
|BBA Course||MBA Course|
|B.Sc Course||M.Sc Course|
|B.Com Course||M.Com Course|
|BCA Course||MCA Course|
|BSW Course||MSW Course|
|BAF Course||BBM Course|
|B.Tech Course||MSC IT Course|
|BEd Course||PhD Course|
BAF program covers a wide range of commerce-related topics, including accounting, auditing, finance, market systems, risk management, etc. Students in the BAF program will study theory and practice for six semesters. Auditors, financial managers, and investment analysts are among the subjects covered in the practical courses.
Taking this course can help candidates gain a better understanding of the market to pursue a career in finance. Chartered Accountants, Marketing Managers, and Billing Data Analysts can also benefit from this BAF degree.
Check out the following sections of this article if you want more information about BAF course admissions, eligibility, entrance exams, Scope, and more.
BAF Course Highlights
|BAF Full Form||Bachelor of Accounting & Finance|
|BAF Course Admission||Application Based|
|Baf Course Fee||INR 20,000 to INR 80,000|
|BAF Course Salary||4-8 lakhs per annum (Approx.)|
|BAF Course Duration||3 Years|
|Eligibility For BAF Course||10+2|
|BAF Course category||Undergraduate|
|Structure Of BAF Courses||Semester-wise|
Why Study Courses at IMTS Institute?
Distance education has been IMTS Institute’s forte since 2005. More than 50,000+ students have achieved their goals in the Institute’s long history. My seventeen-year career began with the decision to help those in need.
Only a small number of educational institutes approved by the authority have a passing rate above 98 percent. Since its inception, the IMTS Institute has maintained a passing percentage of 99. In the beginning, IMTS was founded with the dream of providing assistance to the poor and special classes of the country.
IMTS Institute is well known for its quality distance education courses and best student support services. One can call on 9210989898 for any queries regarding courses and admissions. Every year a significant number of students enroll in distance courses at the institute. The reputation of the institute is growing rapidly every day.
What is a BAF Course?
Bachelor of Accounting & Finance is abbreviated as BAF course. The course includes all the topics related to banking, accounting & finance. This is a 3 years program, offered at the undergraduate level. Accounting and finance professionals will benefit from this course as it prepares them for the job market. These skills can be extremely beneficial to accounting and finance professionals.
This degree offers a wide range of employment opportunities. A degree in Accounting, Financial Analysis, Revenue Management, Assistant Management, or Marketing Management can lead to a reputable career. Even a beginner in this field could earn an annual income of INR 4 LPA to INR 8 LPA.
BAF Course Details: An Overview
- Bachelor of Accounting and Finance is the full form of a BAF degree course.
- It is a bachelor’s degree program designed to learn the basics of accounting and finance.
- The course of BAF takes about 3 years to complete, and these three years are split into about six Semesters. The syllabus of BAF has different subjects for each semester.
- After completing this bachelor’s degree program, there are great chances of employment. The most popular jobs related to this field are Financial Analyst, Revenue Manager, Assistant Manager, Accountant, Marketing Manager, and soon.
- The benefit of receiving a BAF degree is the most reputable jobs and their higher salaries. A person employed at the beginner level can make an annual revenue of INR 4 to INR 8 LPA.
- Admission to BAF is based on the criteria of merit and the entrance exam. Generally, the required qualification for admission to BAF is the 12th class.
- The entrance exam-based Admission is provided via the comparison of the score. Some well-known BAF entrance exams are SET, NPAT, and DUAT.
- Bachelor of Accounting and Finance can be chosen to study in India’s public or private institutes. The fee in different institutes is different, but the average range of being charged in most institutes is INR 20,000 to INR 80,000.
Why Study BAF After the 12th?
The selection of a BAF degree course is based on the choice of students, but some common benefits make this course important to pursue after the 12th, and some of the facts are given below:
- The practices of Accounting and Finance are very popular among students. In this program, students learn about taxation, fundamentals, and principles of accounting, calculation, and tally of GST, VAT, and Indian Tax Policy.
- This course provides the best calculation skills to its learners.
- Students with this degree can move for higher studies like M.Com and Research.
- Students after this three-year course, become able to manage the diversified situations being encountered in accounts and finance.
- Many job opportunities are then opened for them, and they can earn about INR 400000/- to 800000/- in a year.
Who Should Pursue BAF Course?
It is necessary to provide the right counselling to students to understand their suitability for a particular course. Students who should pursue a BAF degree are defined as:
- Anyone who has completed their education up to the 12th class in the related field is best considered for continuing at the bachelor’s level.
- A student is interested in learning the best calculation skills and utilizing them for a national or personal purpose.
- Each student who wants to join the field of accounts and finance is most welcome to pursue this degree. This course is most suitable for those who want to become accountants or financial analysts.
When Should I Pursue BAF Course?
After gaining the details about BAF, generally, a question is raised about the best time for pursuing this degree program. However, as in most cases, it has been observed that the right time to pursue this course is after completing your intermediate. BAF offers students an opportunity to learn about accounting and finance as part of a certificate or diploma program. Additionally, if you are interested in accounting and finance, you can take online classes at any time.
Types of BAF Course
One learning method cannot be suitable for all students; the choices and circumstances of every student are different, so a single learning method cannot satisfy all students’ needs. A single study program can be designed in a number of ways based on the needs of the students in order to provide different types of learning methods. BAF degree types that are most commonly offered in India are as follows:
A full-time BAF is the most common degree program that is provided by almost every institute in India. It is a regular course for which classes are held daily. This type of degree course is most common among students, and most of them choose to study under the full-time BAF course. The eligibility criteria for a full-time BAF is almost 50% marks in the 10+2 and passing an entrance exam. Different entrance exams are conducted for this purpose. Some of the most common among those are DUAT, SET, NPAT, etc. In Indian colleges, INR 40000 to INR 150000 is the average full-time BAF course fee range.
Trending Online Courses in India 2023
|Online BA||Online MA|
|Online BBA||Online MBA|
|Online BCA||Online MCA|
|Online BSC||Online MCOM|
|Online BCOM||Online Diploma|
Part-Time BAF is a degree program that is taught in a part-time manner. A Bachelor of Accounting and Finance is suitable for students from the commerce field. Those who complete their 10+2 education and desire to study further but have no access to regular courses can join this part-time BAF course. Many institutes have now adopted part-time courses. This part-time learning is best suited for working students to manage their time. In this kind of learning, they can work and study simultaneously. It is equally rewarding as the regular BFA courses; students get the same employment opportunities.
Online BAF is a bachelor of Accounting and finance taught in the Field of commerce through online classes. The length of online BAF can vary from 3 years to 6 years based on the institute and student. Many institutions in India are now engaged in teaching various courses, including BAF, through the online learning method.
Examples of such institutes are IGNOU, Suresh Gyan Vihar University, TNOU, and many others. It is most beneficial for students who live in areas where they have no campus nearby. Also, the student who has some financial constraints, lack of time, etc., can pursue this course.
BAF Course Admission 2023
Many universities in India organize BAF Admission 2023; thus, the registration dates may also differ. Most of the Admission is started, but some institutes will begin in June or July. Each institute will publish a notification for the start of Admission.
Like every year, Admission in 2023 will also be based on 10+2 marks and the merit of students they acquire in the entrance exam. Entrance exams are an important part of Admission, and each student must qualify for them with good marks. The entrance exams are of various natures, i.e., national or University level.
- In addition to this, students learn about the management of accountants and finance for a company, nation, or some other entity in the most profitable way.
- A merit-based admission process and an entry test are conducted once a year as part of the admissions process.
- A student only needs a 10+2 certificate along with a cumulative mark of 35% to qualify for merit-based admissions.
BAF Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for BAF are dependent on the entrance exam. The minimum qualification required for BAF Admission is listed below: It is anyhow required that each student must have finished a higher school education from a well-recognized institute. Students’ degrees must be affiliated with the CBSE, ICSE, or any other state board. To be qualified for BAF Accounting & Finance, you must have a minimum percentage of 50%. This percentage is acceptable if a student is from the general category; otherwise, 45% is the minimum score required for all reserved category students.
BAF Entrance Exam 2023
In many cases, Admission is dependent on the marks obtained by a candidate in the intermediate. However, some entrance exams are concerned with BAF Admission, and these are:
- IPU CET: This is a university-level Admission test conducted for shortlisting the most eligible candidates. Apart from BAF, it is also conducted for many other courses. The IPU CET registrations will start in June 2023.
- VEE: VELS University Chennai organizes the VEE entrance exam for Admission to various UG and PG courses every year. For the upcoming session, VEE will be held in May 2023.
- NPAT: The NarseeMonjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) is the conducting body of the authorized entrance exam NPAT. It is conducted for offering UG & PG Admission in many specializations.
- LPUNEST: LPU National Entrance and Scholarship Test conducted by LPU. This exam is designed for shortlisting candidates, and also scholarships are provided based on performance.
- CUET UG: Common University Entrance Test is conducted by NTA for admission to BAF courses at various government and private universities. This test is based on Computer and has multiple-choice questions.
BAF Entrance Exam Syllabus
The entrance exams conducted for BAF Admission are mostly aptitude-type of exams. Such entrance exams are generally based on four to five sections. The syllabus of the BAF entrance exam consists of subjects like Logical Reasoning, General Awareness, Analytical Ability, and English. Each subject in the question paper carries equal marks. Almost 20-25 questions are prepared for each section. Almost 120 questions are there in the entrance exam paper. It is mandatory to qualify for each section; thus, students should prepare equally for all subjects. Negative marking is also applicable in most entrance exams.
BAF Course Syllabus
In the BAF course, a variety of topics relevant to business are covered. During the Courses, subjects covered are accounting principles, macroeconomics, basic mathematics, financial accounting, introduction to finance, cost accounting, and others. This program also includes many other subjects in addition to electives. Following are the semester-wise syllabus of BAF Courses:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Elements of Financial Accounting||Special Accounting Areas|
|Introduction and Element of Cost||Business Regulatory Framework|
|Micro Economics||Introduction and Planning|
|Business Environment||Indirect Taxes|
|Commercial Environment||Quantitative Methods for Business|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Methods of Costing||Company Law|
|Macro Economics||Financial Market Operations|
|Techniques of Auditing and Audit Procedures||Indirect Taxes|
|Introduction to Management||Introduction to Management Accounting|
|Business Regulatory Framework||Value Education and Soft Skills|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Financial Statement Analysis||Principles Of Management & Applications|
|Direct Tax||Cost Accounting|
Scope of BAF Course
Bachelor of Accounting and Finance, abbreviated as BAF, is a famous degree in commerce and business fields. The course helps students develop foundational, and analytical expertise to counter issues in financial management, auditing, and taxation.
It may be possible for BAF students to make significant contributions to related commercial industries after they graduate from reputable colleges and universities. It is possible for them to change careers to insurance, accounting, financial services, consulting, banking, etc.
Recruitment Areas for the BAF Course
The BAF program prepares graduates for a variety of careers, including tax consultant, accountant, auditor, risk manager, treasurer, investment banker, credit analyst, etc. BAF-based professionals can earn from INR 4 LPA to INR 8 LPA in popular and non-popular brands.
- Sales Executive
- Chartered Accountant
- Financial Risk Manager
- Accounts Assistant
- Company Secretary
- Tax Consultant
- Finance Analyst
BAF Course Salary
The average salary of a BAF graduate starts from Rs. 4 L to Rs. 8 L per annum. Candidates can also get a salary hike, appraisals, and promotions after having experience for some years. In every industry, the need for BAF graduates is growing. There are various job positions with different salary structures.
Which job is best after BAF?
After completing a BAF Course, you may feel confused about what career path to follow. Numerous factors can influence this decision, making it essential to conduct comprehensive research before making any choices that may impact your long-term career prospects. If you find yourself unsure about your interests following the completion of your BAF degree, we’ve curated a list of options for you to consider.
- Revenue Agent
- Risk Analyst
- Accounting Analyst
- Personal Finance Consultant
- Financial Risk Manager
- Financial Consultant
- Financial Analyst
- Tax Policy Analyst
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ques: What is the salary of BAF?
Ans: Bachelor of Accounting and Finance is a popular course pursued by commerce students. One can earn an average salary package of Rs 4 LPA to Rs 8 LPA after completing the course.
Ques: How many years of course is BAF?
Ans: Like other UG courses, BAF takes a duration of 3 years to complete the course.
Ques: Can I get a job in a bank after BAF?
Ans: Yes, Students can get a job in a bank after BAF. They have to pass the exam.
Ques: Does BAF have scope in the future?
Q: How many subjects are there in BAF?
Ans Bachelor of Accounting and Finance (BAF) Subjects include Financial Accounting, Business Law, Quantitative Methods for Business, Auditing, Strategic Management, and many more. One needs to be aware that the subjects might vary before applying; one can read this article till the end.