BAF Course: Bachelor of Accounting and Finance or BAF is a 3-year degree program at the UG level in accounting and finance. In various UGC-approved institutions across the country, the program is taught over six semesters. For admission to this UG degree program, students must have passed their 12th grade from a state or central board. The average course fee for a Bachelor of Accounting & Finance (BAF) program ranges from INR 20,000 to INR 82,000.
Accounting and finance both are studied in-depth in the BAF program. This is more popular than B.Com in accounting or finance because it combines both. Students who do not wish to pursue a Bachelor of Commerce often choose this option as their 12th-grade option.
|BA Course||MA Course|
|BBA Course||MBA Course|
|B.Sc Course||M.Sc Course|
|B.Com Course||M.Com Course|
|BCA Course||MCA Course|
|BSW Course||MSW Course|
|BAF Course||BBM Course|
|B.Tech Course||MSC IT Course|
|BEd Course||PhD Course|
BAF Course Admission Updates:
- IMTS Institute is inviting students to apply for admission to BAF Course. The forms are live and all candidates must submit their admission forms before the last date.
BAF program covers a wide range of commerce-related topics, including accounting, auditing, finance, market systems, risk management, etc. Students in the BAF program will study theory and practice for six semesters. Auditors, financial managers, and investment analysts are among the subjects covered in the practical courses.
Taking this course can help candidates gain a better understanding of the market in order to pursue a career in finance. Chartered Accountants, Marketing Managers, and Billing Data Analysts can also benefit from this BAF degree.
Students with a BAF degree can study courses in MBA Finance, MBA Auditing & Finance, and MCOM General to strengthen their academic profiles. This article explains more about the BAF Scope.
Check out the following sections of this article if you want more information about BAF course admissions, eligibility, entrance exams, Scope, and more.
BAF Course Highlights
|BAF Full Form||Bachelor of Accounting & Finance|
|BAF Course Admission||Application Based|
|Baf Course Fee||INR 20,000 to INR 82,000|
|BAF Course Salary||4-8 lakhs per annum (Approx.)|
|BAF Course Duration||3 Years|
|Eligibility For BAF Course||10+2|
|BAF Course category||Undergraduate|
|Structure Of BAF Programme||Semester-wise|
Why Study BAF Course at IMTS Institute?
Online education has been IMTS Institute’s forte since 2005. More than 44,900 students have achieved their goals in the Institute’s long history. My seventeen-year career began with the decision to help those in need.
Only a small number of educational institutes approved by the authority have a passing rate above 98 percent. Since its inception, the IMTS Institute has maintained a passing percentage of 99. In the beginning, IMTS was founded with a dream of providing assistance to the poor and special classes of the country.
Candidates who want to have admission to the BAF program in the online, and distance mode at any of the associated universities of IMTS need to secure the mentioned eligibility.
- Aspirants must have passed their senior secondary examination or equivalent from the approved state and central board in India.
- Marks requirements are going to vary from one university to another.
The fee of the BAF programme varies greatly depending on the university. Candidates will be asked for a fee of a minimum of INR 20,000 to enrol in the BAF undergraduate programme. While INR 82,000 is the maximum tuition fee for the prestigious bachelor’s degree programme. Payment of fees can be made in instalments.
In order to get help related to the query of the academic future, aspirants can reach out to our offered options, e.g., websites, contact number, social media, or WhatsApp. Your one ping will bring a call back from one of our experienced counselors in a few hours.
The candidates’ academic, and financial backgrounds will be taken into consideration as we present the best universities and program options. The candidates are not needed to deposit any amount for the service, or registration. The amount can be asked for program admission and tuition fees at respected universities.
What is BAF Course?
A major focus of the BAF program is the study of finance and accounting, which are both core subjects. Accounting and finance professionals will benefit from this course as it prepares them for the job market. These skills can be extremely beneficial to accounting and finance professionals. This degree offers a wide range of employment opportunities. A degree in Accounting, Financial Analysis, Revenue Management, Assistant Management, or Marketing Management can lead to a reputable career. Even a beginner in this field could earn an annual income of INR 3 to 8 lacs.
BAF Course Details
- Bachelor of Accounting and Finance is the full form of a BAF degree course.
- It is a bachelor’s degree program designed to learn the basics of accounting and finance.
- The course of BAF takes about 3 years to complete, and these three years are split into about six Semesters. The syllabus of BAF has different subjects for each semester.
- After completing this bachelor’s degree program, there are great chances of employment. The most popular jobs related to this field are Financial Analyst, Revenue Manager, Assistant Manager, Accountant, Marketing Manager, and soon.
- The benefit of receiving a BAF degree is the most reputable jobs and their higher salaries. A person employed at the beginner level can make annual revenue of INR 3 to INR 8 LPA.
- Admission to BAF is based on the criteria of merit and the entrance exam. Generally, the required qualification for admission to BAF is the 12th class.
- The entrance exam-based Admission is provided via the comparison of the score. Some well-known BAF entrance exams are SET NPAT and DUAT.
- Bachelor of Accounting and Finance can be chosen to study in India’s public or private institutes. The fee in different institutes is different, but the average range of being charged in most institutes is INR 20,000 to INR 82,000.
BAF Course Admission 2023
Many universities in India organize BAF Admission 2023; thus, the registration date may also differ. Most of the Admission will start in June 2023, but some institutes will begin in January or February. Each institute will publish a notification for the start of Admission. Like every year, Admission in 2023 will also be based on 10+2 marks and the merit of students they acquire in the entrance exam. Entrance exams are an important part of Admission, and each student must qualify for them with good marks. The entrance exams are of various natures, i.e., national or University level.
- In addition to this, students learn about the management of accountants and finance for a company, nation, or some other entity in the most profitable way.
- A merit-based admission process and an entry test are conducted once a year as part of the admissions process.
- There are many top colleges or universities that offer BAF Admissions twice a year, such as IGNOU, for example.
- A student only needs a 10+2 certificate along with a cumulative mark of 35% to qualify for merit-based admissions.
Why Study BAF After 12th?
The selection of a BAF degree course is based on the choice of students, but some common benefits make this course important to pursue after the 12th, and some of the facts are given below:
- The practices of Accounting and Finance are very popular among students. In this program, students learn about taxation, fundamentals, and principles of accounting, calculation, and tally of GST, Vat, and Indian Tax Policy.
- This course provides the best calculation skills to its learners.
- Students with this degree can move for higher studies like M.Com and Research.
- Students after this three-year course become able to manage the diversified situations being encountered in accounts and finance.
- Many job opportunities are then opened for them, and they can earn about INR 350000/- to 800000/- in a year.
Who should Pursue BAF Course?
It is necessary to provide the right counselling to students to understand their suitability for a particular course. Students who should pursue a BAF degree are defined as:
- Anyone who has completed their education up to the 12th class in the related Field is best considered for continuing at the bachelor’s level.
- A student is interested in learning the best calculation skills and utilizing them for a national or personal purpose.
- Each student who wants to join the field of accounts and finance is most welcome to pursue this degree. This course is most suitable for those who want to become accountants or financial analysts.
When Should Pursue BAF Course?
After gaining the details about BAF, generally, a question is raised about the best time for pursuing this degree program. However, as in most cases, it has been observed that the right time to pursue this course is just after completing your intermediate. BAF is a course in which students learn about accounting and finance; those enrolled in a certificate or diploma course can simultaneously pursue this degree to enhance their know]ledge. Also, if you are fond of accounting and finance, you can learn them at any time, even with online learning programs.
Types of BAF Course
One learning method cannot be suitable for all students; the choices and circumstances of every student are different, so a single learning method cannot satisfy all students’ needs. A single study program can be designed in a number of ways based on the needs of the students in order to provide different types of learning methods. BAF degree types that are most commonly offered in India are as follows:
A full-time BAF is the most common degree program that is provided by almost every institute in India. It is a regular course for which classes are held daily. This type of degree course is most common among students, and most of them choose to study under the full-time BAF course. The eligibility criteria for a full-time BAF is almost 50% marks in the 10+2 and passing an entrance exam. Different entrance exams are conducted for this purpose. Some most common among those are DUAT, SET, NPAT, etc. In Indian colleges, INR 40000 to INR 150000 is the average full-time BAF course fee range.
Part-Time BAF is a degree program that is taught in a part-time manner. A Bachelor of Accounting and Finance is suitable for students from the commerce field. Those who complete their 10+2 education and desire to study further but have no access to regular courses can join this part-time BAF course. Many institutes have now adopted part-time courses. This part-time learning is best suitable for the working students to manage their time. In this kind of learning, they can work and study simultaneously. It is equally rewarding as the regular BFA courses; students get the same employment opportunities.
Online BAF is a bachelor of Accounting & Finance taught in the Field of commerce through online classes. The length of online BAF can vary from 3 years to 6 years based on institute and student. Many institutions in India are now engaged in teaching various courses, including BAF, through the online learning method. Examples of such institutes are IGNOU, Suresh Gyan Vihar University, TNOU, and many others. It is most beneficial for the students who live in areas where they have no campus near. Also, the student who has some financial constraints, lack of time, etc., can pursue this course.
Trending Online Courses in India 2023
|Online BA||Online MA|
|Online BBA||Online MBA|
|Online BCA||Online MCA|
|Online BSC||Online MCOM|
|Online BCOM||Online Diploma|
BAF Course Admission Process
The BAF Admission Process varies by the institute, but it is based on merit plus entrance exams. In order to be eligible for admission, an aspirant must first qualify for the 12th or equivalent examination. Students must then qualify for the entrance exam. A variety of entrance exams are conducted for this purpose, such as the NPAT, the STE, and the DUAT. Among the entrance exams, some are national, some are regional, and some are institute-level. In order to determine the final selection, a counselling round is held for qualified candidates, followed by the publication of a merit list.
BAF Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of BAF are dependent on the entrance exam. The minimum qualification required for BAF Admission is listed below: It is anyhow required that each student must have finished the higher school education from a well-recognized institute. Students’ degrees must be affiliated to the CBSE, ICSE, or any other state board. To be qualified for BAF Accounting & Finance, you must have a minimum percentage of 50%. This percentage is acceptable if a student is from the general category; otherwise, 45% is the minimum score required for all reserved category students.
BAF Entrance Exam 2023
In many cases, Admission is dependent on the marks obtained by a candidate in the intermediate. However, some entrance exams are concerned with the BFA Admission, and these are:
- IPU CET: This is a university-level Admission test conducted for shortlisting the most eligible candidates. Apart from BAF, it is also conducted for many other courses. The IPU CET registrations will start in June 2023.
- VEE: VELS University Chennai organizes the VEE entrance exam for Admission to various UG and PG courses every year. For the upcoming session, VEE will be held in May 2023.
- NPAT: The registrations for NPAT will start in February 2023. The NarseeMonjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) is the conducting body of the authorized entrance exam NPAT. It is conducted for offering UG & PG Admission in many specializations.
- LPUNEST: LPUNEST conducted by LPU. This exam is designed for shortlisting candidates, and also scholarships are provided based on performance.
BAF Entrance Exam Syllabus
The entrance exams conducted for BAF Admission are mostly the aptitude type of exams. Such entrance exams are generally based on four to five sections. The syllabus of the BAF entrance exam consists of subjects like Logical Reasoning, General Awareness, Analytical Ability, and English. Each subject in the question paper carries equal marks. Almost 20-25 questions are prepared for each section. Almost 120 questions are there in the entrance exam paper. It is mandatory to qualify for each section; thus, students should prepare equally for all subjects. Negative marking is also applicable in most entrance exams.
BAF Course Syllabus
In the BAF syllabus, a variety of topics relevant to business are covered. Among the subjects included in the program are accounting principles, macroeconomics, basic mathematics, financial accounting, introduction to finance, cost accounting, and soon, others. This program also includes many other subjects in addition to electives.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Elements of Financial Accounting||Special Accounting Areas|
|Introduction and Element of Cost||Business Regulatory Framework|
|Micro Economics||Introduction and Planning|
|Business Environment||Indirect Taxes|
|Commercial Environment||Quantitative Methods for Business|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Methods of Costing||Company Law|
|Macro Economics||Financial Market Operations|
|Techniques of Auditing and Audit Procedures||Indirect Taxes|
|Introduction to Management||Introduction to Management Accounting|
|Business Regulatory Framework||Value Education and Soft Skills|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Financial Statement Analysis||Principles Of Management & Applications|
|Direct Tax||Cost Accounting|
Top five colleges for Bachelor of Accounting and Finance (BAF) Admission
- Chennai Loyola College
- MCC, Chennai
- Chandigarh University
- Christ College
- Mumbai’s Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics
BAF Colleges in Delhi
Almost 291 colleges are there in Delhi, where one can pursue a BAF degree in the stream of commerce. The Hindu College, LSR College for Women, Shri Ram College of Commerce, Hans raj College, and others are the top colleges in Delhi for pursuing a BFA. About INR 12500 to INR 210000 is the average annual fee for BAF in the Delhi Colleges.
BAF Colleges in Mumbai
Many students in India are taking their BAF studies from the colleges of Mumbai. Best BAF teachings are provided in 101 colleges in Mumbai. The top BAF colleges in Mumbai are KJS College, and HR College, ST. Xavier’s College, etc.
In Mumbai, colleges are providing high-quality education and equipping students with the all techies required for professional growth of a student. Students can check the official websites of the institutions for more accurate information regarding the courses and admission process.
BAF Colleges in Bangalore
Including 22 public and 177 private colleges, Bangalore has 199 colleges where BAF courses are offered. These include Mount Carmel College, Jain University, Christ University, and other UGC-recognized institutes. One can study BAF in such colleges from INR 75000 to INR 250000 cost.
BAF Colleges in Hyderabad
A total of 68 colleges in Hyderabad offer BAF courses as part of their general education programs. There are nine public colleges among these 59, while 59 of them are private colleges. A total of nine of these colleges are public colleges. The average annual fee for BAF at Hyderabad colleges is between INR 11000 and INR 155000, based on the course that you are taking. Osmania University, the Indian Institute of Management & Commerce, St. Joseph Degree and Postgraduate College, and the Indian Institute of Management & Commerce are among the best BAF colleges in Hyderabad.
Scope of BAF Course
The scope of the BAF course can lead to careers in a variety of business and banking sectors. The scope and salary of BAF in India are extensive and are expected to grow rapidly over the next few years. It is important to note that students who complete a BAF acquire skills and qualifications that they can use in their careers as accountants. Depending on the level of education and experience of the graduates of the BAF course, the scope and salary of the course differ. For freshers who complete a BAF course, the following careers are available to them:
- Sales Executive
- Chartered Accountant
- Financial Risk Manager
- Accounts Assistant
- Company Secretary
- Tax Consultant
- Finance Analyst
Which job is best after BAF?
It is absolutely normal to feel confused about what career path to choose after completing a BAF Course. There are a lot of factors that can play into your decision, so it is wise to do some thorough research before making any decisions that could affect your long-term career options.
In case you are unsure of your interests after completing BAF, here are some options we have shortlisted for you.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Master of Business Administration in Finance (MBA in Finance)
- Master of Commerce (M. Com – Accounting and Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (US CPA)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques: What is the salary of BAF?
Ans: Bachelor of Accounting and Finance is a popular course pursued by commerce students. One can earn an average salary package of Rs. 6 L to Rs. 10 L per annum after completing the course.
Ques: How many years course is BAF?
Ans: Like other UG courses, BAF takes a duration of 3 years to complete the course.
Ques: Can I get job in bank after BAF?
Ans: Yes, Students can get a job in a bank after BAF. They have to pass the exam.
Ques: Does BAF have scope in future?