M.Com Course: A master of commerce (MCom) is a PG degree program designed to focus on the following fields of commerce: accounting, management, & economics-related subjects. The PG degree program typically requires two years of full-time study. The program curriculum is generally focused on one subjective area, theory, and a thesis component.
The distance universities that propose admission to the MCom degree program are IGNOU, SOL Delhi, ANU, Aligarh Muslim University, etc.
The admission process for the MCOM degree program begins in July/January cycle in numerous private, state, and central universities. Candidates who have completed a minimum of UG degrees in commerce or related streams can apply for the MCOM PG degree program. PG degree program in commerce has an average fee of INR 5,000 to 1,30,000.
A PG degree in commerce program incorporates four-semester where learners in the following manner: case studies, capstone projects, company workshops, internship, practical sessions, etc. The two-year distance program includes mandatory and optional subjects such as organizational behaviour & management process, managerial economics, research, corporate governance, E-commerce, mergers, & acquisitions, managerial communication, internship, & research, and more.
The master’s degree in commerce (MCOM) opens the gate for individuals to get advanced education and make their academic profile solid. Students look at any of the options given to raise the standard of their educational figure such as M.Phil, CMA, PhD, CA, ACS, LLB DDE, Corporate Law, CFA, etc.
After completing the pg degree in commerce candidates can pick up professional options like Chartered Accountant (CA), ACCA, Company Secretary, Investment Banker, Financial Analyst, Operational Manager, Tax Consultant, and more. The average salary of MCOM-based professionals in the following profile is between 3.64 to 9.61 LPA.
Candidates can learn more about the Master’s degree of commerce (MCOM) in the further section of the article.
What is MCom Course?
MCom Course is popular with young people who desire to study. Applicants must participate in doctoral programs after completing the M.Com. The costs of this course in India vary from INR 5,000 to INR 1,40,000. An MCom Course salary in India is estimated to be INR 3,72,913 per year.
M.Com degrees can be earned on-campus or online. Remote students can benefit from the online/distance M.Com program. The Master’s degree in Commerce can be obtained while doing part-time work or doing other activities that advance one’s career.
The online/distance M.Com course is the same as the regular M.Com course. Students who wish to learn more about corporate finance but cannot leave their current jobs can take advantage of the online/distance M.Com course. In this course, participants will learn how to advance in their current jobs or apply for better positions in other companies.
The highlights of an online/distance MBA Course are listed below.
- Master of Commerce online/distance learning is a distance learning program. It will enhance your resume during your working hours.
- Financial basics will be taught in this course to help students run a business.
- Students can take online courses and distance learning courses on their own schedule, without being required to attend traditional classes.
- There are four semesters in the online/distance M.Com Course.
- The cost of the online and distance M.Com Course ranges between Rs. 50,000 and Rs. 10,00,000.
- Applicants for a Master’s in Commerce must have a bachelor’s degree in commerce.
- Your career prospects will improve if you earn a Masters in Commerce. Online MBA programs in India are available.
M.Com Course Quick Details
- This is the full name of M.Com: Master of Commerce, or M.Com.
- Enrollment in M.Com programs is based on passing an entrance exam or being on a list of people who did well.
- The Hindu College in Delhi, Christ University in Bangalore, Mithibai College of Arts in Mumbai, and many more are among the best M.Com colleges in India.
- The BHU PET, the AU CET, the PU CET, and other top admission tests are used to get into the M.Com program at the top universities.
- Online, distance, part-time, and full-time options are available for students who want to study for their M.Com. They must also know this.
- Distance learning degrees are meant for working adults and cost INR 5,000 to 1,38,000.
- Organizational Theory and Behavior, Marketing Management, Managerial Accounting, Economic Analysis, and many other subjects are surrounded by the M.Com Curriculum, also called the MBA.
- It can help students become operation managers, accounting assistants, business analysts, cost accountants, and many other kinds of people.
- The State Bank of India, KPMG, ICRA, HDFC Bank, PWC, and other big companies hire many people.
- People who work in the government or in the private sector usually make about INR 5 Lacs per year.
- As soon as they finish the program, people can start studying for an MBA or other degrees like a CA, CFA, or even a PhD.
All about M.Com Course
The Master of Business (M.Com) is a two-year postgraduate degree provided at commerce colleges across India. The M.Com degree in India provides students with in-depth information and comprehension of all facets of commerce and banking.
M.Com Course is a popular choice among B.Com and B.Com (Hons) graduates in India since it provides a deeper understanding of business and management, which is crucial for business and organization success. The course’s wide curriculum in banking, finance, marketing, and management can help the research community, instructors, and academics.
After pursuing the M.com course student have a wider scope of career in the relevant field and hence students can get a job very easily mostly in the wide field of finance and accounting. To pursue M.com Course is good for those students who further wanted to study and can opt for the PhD Course and it is mostly done by those students who have pursued B.com in their bachelor’s.
Lessen your reliance on spreadsheets and improve your ability to communicate and run your business. As a result, people who wish to teach or learn more PhD usually enrol in this course.
Why Study MCom Course after 12th?
M.Com Course studies are in great supply because of the monetary rewards they bring to applicants. M.Com programs are accessible in various formats, and the extensive specialities give aspirants the to build out a speciality in a multitude of sectors. The key benefits that a student will receive upon the end of the training are:
The M.Com Course will lead to improved job opportunities in the long term. For instance, Today’s finance industry is predicted to rise to USD 1 trillion before 2025, creating job prospects for M.Com students. Over the coming 8 to 10 years, the Banking and Financial Service Industry (BFSI) that employs M.Com students will create approximately 8 million employees.
Many applicants who want to educate as a career, particularly in economics, are strongly motivated to pursue an M.Com concentration in their master’s level test. The M.Com program is required for subsequent Doctoral degrees and acts as a prerequisite.
It allows youngsters to interact with their peers and elders, instructors, and recent graduates. The fundamental goal of networking is to create testimonials for potential employment.
Applicants with an M.Com degree can sit for rigorous tests such as the public administration test or examinations connected to accounting and finance needs such as taxable income, Audit, or customs agencies.
M.Com graduates are hired in various professions, including account assistants, cost accountants, investment bankers, and so on. The typical M.Com income in the country is INR 3.72 lacs per year, with fees ranging from INR 5000 to INR 1.4 LPA. As a result, the applicants can readily repay their expenditures. M.Com students can find work in nearly all aspects of the market.
Who Should Pursue MCom Course?
- Students interested in the field of commerce must enrol in the M.Com program.
- Applicants interested in a future in the Insurance (BFSI), Financial Services, and banking industry must enrol in the M.Com program.
- Students who desire to seek senior roles in organizations may enrol in M.Com programs.
- Practitioners with undergraduate credentials in commerce may enrol in this online learning program to increase their career opportunities.
- The M.Com Program is suitable for working as a financial manager.
- Applicants who are dissatisfied with their undergraduate courses in a specific stream can select an M.Com discipline based on their own choice.
- Upon completing their degree program, individuals who plan to continue a profession as an accountant might enrol in the M.Com Program.
When to pursue M.Com?
- Applicants can begin working on the M.Com program shortly after finishing their undergraduate degrees.
- Students might take this course after acquiring certain relevant experiences to increase overall professional prospects.
- Working expert people can take this training program to advance their careers or improve their abilities.
Modes of M.Com Course
M.Com Course is among India’s leading degree programs. The master’s in commerce program provide options for a variety of specialities and numerous versions of the degree that applicants may follow based on availability, skill, and qualification. The many forms of M.Com programs are explained further below.
Full-Time MCom Course
- The M.Com Full-Time classes are designed for two years. The most common version of the M.Com program in India is the entire M.Com program.
- Entry to M.Com programs is based on an admission exam or merit.
- Christ University Hindu College and the University of Calcutta are among the best universities that provide M.Com programs.
- Accounting, statistics, BM, financial management, and other topics are covered in the M.Com Specialization.
Part-Time M.Com Course
- Part-time M.Com facilities are offered for two years.
- Programs are accessible out of various institutions, including ICFAI Dimapur, Nalanda Open University, and Birla Global University.
- The typical fee ranges from INR 3,400 to INR 67,000.
- Admissions are based upon the principle of a merit list compiled from the scores received in undergraduate studies.
Online M.Com Course
- Online M.Com studies are preferred for working adults and applicants who cannot join conventional classrooms.
- Before enrolling in a distant academic program, applicants must ensure that the programs have been approved by the Distance Education Board and the University Grants Commission.
- Annamalai University, Lovely Professional University, Karnataka State Open University, IGNOU, and others offer the programs.
- The typical fee for this program varies from INR 5000 to INR 38,000. The mean tenure of the program is two to five years.
M.Com Course Admission 2022
- M.Com enrolment is awarded to students through merit as well as entrance tests.
- Inside the context of the merit-based entrance, just the student’s grades at the bachelor’s level would be considered.
- In some situations, candidates are needed to take an admission test that is often MCQ-based and tests individuals’ expertise and knowledge in commerce.
- Entry to the M.Com program at the University Of Calcutta is based on a rank report released from the B.Com or comparable exams.
- As a result, to be admitted to the M.Com program, candidates must register for the test and performance ratings; they are either admitted or progressed to another phase of enrolment, i.e., Personal Interview and Group Discussion or Counselling.
- An exam result is published, based on which applicants are admitted.
M.Com Admission Process 2022
- The scores necessary for the various M.Com concentrations differ depending on the college/university. Nevertheless, the fundamentals stay the very same. The admissions procedures are clear and easy to understand, and it is given as:
- Entrance to M.Com programs is based on talent or a written test. There are various entrance exams at regional, country, and institute levels for M.Com admissions.
- One should either qualify for the admission test or perform well in your UG degree.
- Age limits are not provided, but some institutes may include in their criteria.
M.Com Course Eligibility Criteria
- The following are primary criteria for pursuing an M.Com:
- Applicants must have a least a 50 per cent average in B.Com Hons, B.Com, or any degree in related discipline from a university.
- Many colleges also accept individuals who’ve already obtained a UG degree in Statistics and Economics, BBE, BBS, or BFIA,
- from a reputed institute with an average result of 60 per cent or comparable.
- Candidates from the Scheduled caste are eligible for a 5% score reduction in public institutions.
- The M.Com program has no age restriction for entry.
M.Com Entrance Exam 2022
The leading admissions examinations for M.Com enrolment in India are as follows:
- CUET: UGC has declared to conduct admissions in 45 central universities on the basis of the Common University Entrance Test (CUET 2022). The Central University of Rajasthan (CURAJ), DU, JNU, and many other universities will take admission to its UG courses including the B.Com Course on the basis of entrance test results.
- PU CET: It is a provincial standardized test administered by the University Of Punjab, Chandigarh, for students entering its many postgraduate programs and courses in subjects such as science, commerce, and management. Each year the exam is conducted offline in May or June.
- AUCET: It is a standardized test for people who want to go to Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, and get a master’s degree. Andhra University and Dr. BR Ambedkar University, Srikakulam, are linked to each other. There are usually paper-based tests in May and June every year.
- BHU PET: The exam is an academic level test that is taken by people all over India to get into PG programs like M.Com. It is run by the Banaras Hindu University (BHU). Hundreds of students in India take this test every year in the hope of getting into this prestigious and well-known university.
M.Com Entrance Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for most of the M.Com entrance exams is also similar in most of cases. It is mainly made of quantitatively based topics. All the questions in the entrance exam are MCQs based on quantitative questions. There are almost 150 questions on which the paper is composed. In most cases, a negative marking is applicable, and one mark is deducted for the negative answer.
M.Com Course Distance Education
M.Com Distance Learning is among the best rewarding options provided to learners who cannot continue their careers traditionally. When enrolling in an M.Com Online Learning program, applicants must determine if the curriculum is authorized by the Distance Education Board (DEB) and the University Grants Commission (UGC).
Distance M.Com Course Admission Process
In many situations, the minimum qualifying criteria for entrance to the M.Com course online study class would be that the applicants have completed their degree with the lowest grade of 50 per cent.
Entrance to the best institutions is primarily based on a merit list based on the grade point average attained in the graduating grade.
Application forms are generally submitted electronically, but institutions can also submit in person the production of all required papers, including mark sheets, degree certificates, scores, and so on.
M.Com Course Syllabus
An M.Com is a 2-year long duration course broken up into four terms. The subjects of different M.Com specialities were also different. The M.Com course curriculum covers a wide range of subjects, but students from all majors take the same M.Com classes in the first year of the course.
Those who want to specialize in their second year must choose a group of optional courses from the Master of Commerce program that they can take. In some cases, people who want to work as an apprentice have to pass assignments in their last year of college. Business Environment, Marketing Behavior, Statistical Analysis, E-Commerce, Accounting, and Managerial Decisions are the most common topics.
M.Com Colleges in Delhi
Delhi has almost 121 M.Com colleges, including almost 45 public and 74 private colleges. JMI University, Jamia Hamdard University, Ramjas College, Delhi University, and many others offer M.Com degree courses in Delhi. One can find the tuition fee of about INR 3000 to INR 75000 in such colleges.
M.Com Colleges in Mumbai
In Mumbai, there are at least 72 M.Com colleges. Among these, about 24 are public, and 48 are private colleges. The most famous M.Com colleges in Mumbai are NMCCE, HR College of Commerce & Economics, KJS College of Arts & Commerce, etc.
M.Com Colleges in Bangalore
There are almost 104 colleges in Bangalore that offer M.Com education. Some top institutes that offer M.Com in Bangalore are Christ University, Mount Carmel College, St. Joseph’s College, Kristu Jayanti College, etc. The course fee in these colleges is about INR 75000 to 150000.
M.Com Colleges in Hyderabad
Students can take admissions for M.Com courses in almost 25 colleges in Hyderabad. These colleges include the Indian Institute of Management & Commerce, Nizam College, AV College Arts Science and Commerce, Osmania University, and many others. There is a range of fees between INR 12000 and INR 22000.
Scope of MCom Course
When a student applies for admission in the MCom course then they get to look for a bright career as the career scope for the students is very high after this course. As with every passing day and year, the demand for professionals with detailed knowledge in the commerce discipline has increased gradually.
The average salary package that an applicant can get on passing the MCom course can get from INR 4.12 LPA to INR 8.54 LPA.