BSW Course: The social work-oriented degree program “BSW” is designed for a 3-year duration. It fosters students understanding of social work by introducing them to topics like social work administration, disability awareness, development, and education, health, and nutrition, etc.
BSW Eligibility Criteria: Admission to the BSW degree program can comfortably be taken after completing the education of the 12th level in any stream. The minimum required mark for admission to the social work foundations course is 35 percent. Some universities grant admission to the BSW degree program on marks valued from 40 to 45 percent.
BSW Course Fees: The per-year fee of the Bachelor of Social Work program ranges from INR 20,000 to INR 35,000. Generally, the regular universities fee for BSW program remains higher compared to online or distance-learning universities.
BSW Course Entrance Examinations: In order to get admission to the regular BSW course, normally aspirants are needed to pass the standard entrance examinations. Some university and state/national-level entrance exams for BSW course admission are Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Examination, CUCET, DUET, CUET, etc.
The BSW course for online learning or distance education is guided by IMTS Institute without the use of entrance exams.
Admission Process for Distance/Online Learning Mode:
By swiftly completing the steps below, students can explore unexplored options for admission to the BSW degree program with the assistance of the IMTS Institute.
- Open the IMTS Institute website, and complete the online registration formalities.
- Shortly, candidates shall get a call from the respective IMTS Institute’s department to book the counseling date and select one of the modes between offline and offline.
- The expert counselor may need some information to pass genuine support for BSW career counseling.
- Candidates who have been pleased with the support and suggested universities can either directly take admission or ask for the IMTS Institute admission department to help them complete the admission process.
- For counseling sessions, applicants must not be required to deposit any fee to the IMTS Institute.
- Even after admission, students can contact at 9210989898 and ask for services from IMTS Institute between 10 am to 7 pm from Monday to Saturday.
Job Scope & Profile
Candidates can proceed to work in the following professional options i.e., labor welfare specialist, social worker, teacher, lecturer, campaigner, NGO officer, trainee officer, criminology specialist, etc. A beginner in the profession based on a BSW degree can earn between 1.6 to 2.4 LPA.
What is BSW?
BSW or Bachelor of Social Work is an undergraduate course with a completion period of 3 years. It is suitable for students who desire to join social development agencies, NGOs, and other public and private sectors at lower or middle levels. The official languages used to teach this course all over India are English and Hindi.
Students who are interested in working in the social welfare field can gain professional knowledge and skills to help individuals deal with psychological and emotional issues through this program. In this sector, graduates can find jobs at different levels, both higher and lower.
The admission eligibility, duration, entry process, entrance test, Available Universities/colleges, etc., are further detailed in the BSW article.
|BA Course||MA Course|
|BBA Course||MBA Course|
|B.Sc Course||M.Sc Course|
|B.Com Course||M.Com Course|
|BCA Course||MCA Course|
|BSW Course||MSW Course|
|BAF Course||BBM Course|
|B.Tech Course||MSC IT Course|
|BEd Course||PhD Course|
Why Study BSW from IMTS Institute?
IMTS has been providing assistance to the academic stream for over 17 years, it has accumulated a great deal of knowledge and experience. With the help of IMTS, a prestigious organization, over 50,000 students have found their ideal academic destinations around the world. With the intention of assisting and serving as an older sibling to students in need, the Institute was founded in 2005 with the intention of providing assistance to students in need as they pursue their academic degrees.
All undergraduate and postgraduate programs at the IMTS Institute have a 99% passing rate. The UGC has authorized numerous governmental and private universities to participate in this noble endeavor. It has been found to be genuine in every way by educational authorities that IMTS adheres to all of the norms and guidelines of India’s education policy.
BSW Course Eligibility:
The undergraduate degree program “BSW” needs some eligibility for admission, such as:
- 10+2 or 12th or equivalent from a recognized board in India.
- Any stream candidates who have studied social science at the senior secondary level can apply for the UG program.
The BSW degree program fee in the offline and distance modes at various IMTS-associated universities differs. The minimum first-year average fee for the BSW undergraduate program is INR 10,000. The maximum fee that aspirants have to pay annually at the selected universities is INR 25,000.
Admission Process of BSW Course:
Candidates who desire to be admitted or have any query related to admission can contact “IMTS” by taking assistance from the website, WhatsApp, call, or social sites. One of our knowledgeable counselors will carefully listen to your concerns before making suggestions.
Candidates are given the best recommendation for the course or university angle after an analysis of their educational background, financial situation, and stream of interest.
IMTS will provide free assistance to students. However, students just have to pay for the program registration and tuition fee at the university
BSW Course Highlights
|BSW Full Form||Bachelor of Social Work|
|BSW Course Admission||Application Based|
|Course Fee||INR 20,000 to 25,000 per year|
|Course Duration||3 years to 6 years|
|Eligibility For BSW Course||10+2 With 35-45%|
|BSW Course category||Under Graduate Programme|
|Structure Of BSW Course Programme||Semester-wise/Yearly Mode|
.BSW Course Details: An Overview
- BSW is the course abbreviation used for the Bachelor of Social Work.
- The course of BSW is designed for students who want to serve in NGOs, different communities, and other related sectors. It gives them complete knowledge about the development works to be done for society.
- The BSW Course can be chosen in different study modes such as full-time, part-time, or learning mode. All are now offered in different universities in India.
- BSW degree course consists of three core elements: Foundation Courses, Field Work, and Elective Courses.
- Patna University, Madras Christian College, Amity University, and several other leading BSW institutions in India offer the BSW Curriculum in India. BSW Online is offered at many international universities, including Brandman University, Briar Cliff University, Bemidji State University, California State University, and Brescia University. BSW Program is given by many universities, including IGNOU, Annamalai University, and Karnataka State Open University.
- INR 5900 to 17,900 is the average annual fee for the Bachelor of Social Work program.
- Many sectors in this domain are there in which the students can get employment chances. Those areas include social welfare sectors, social defence, community development, health care, and soon.
- At the entry level, the salary of BSW Course graduates can be up to INR 2.4 lacs per year. The salary of people can be even higher with gaining experience in this area.
All about BSW Course
BSW is a bachelor’s degree program specifically designed to teach students about society’s social development and welfare. Depending on traditional people, the program includes social care training and education. It assists the student in developing the necessary perceptions for recognizing a person’s issue-solving initiatives.
The BSW program improves a student’s chances of working in the social welfare field. This course provides students with the knowledge and training necessary to lead a life dedicated to improving the surrounding environment through their work.
Trending Online Courses in India 2023
|Online BA||Online MA|
|Online BBA||Online MBA|
|Online BCA||Online MCA|
|Online BSC||Online MCOM|
|Online BCOM||Online Diploma|
Throughout areas such as social progress and public health, social work awareness is a constant theme. Students who earn a BSW Course can specialize in healthcare, social services, charitable organizations, and volunteer activities, to name just a few. After completing BSW, a student can earn up to INR 240000 per year.
Why Study BSW After 12th?
BSW is a good choice for students who want to be experts in their field and help people who need it. However, there are also some other benefits to taking the BSW course, such as:
- BSW is for students who want to help the needy and disadvantaged and who know that there is a lot of demand for well-trained social workers all over the country.
- BSW helps students improve their skills and abilities as employees when they help people with different socio-economic problems.
- Having a good understanding of the situation and the research that has been done and the information that has come before helps students do better in the subject.
Who Should Pursue BSW?
Studying in an area needs some specific skills that make you suitable and fit for the field. Here in the case of the BSW degree program, it is also very important to assess yourself for knowing your suitability for this course. Some of the points given below describe it:
- Everyone who has completed the education at a level of 10+2 or equivalent is said to be eligible for applying to any university for this course.
- Those candidates interested in the social development program and want to join an NGO in another private or public sector can pursue this program.
- If any student has the skills like management, leadership, and communication is best suitable because this field needs such skills.
- When moving in a social field, it is very necessary to be active; thus, any student who can move actively to run a social program can join this course.
When to pursue BSW?
The time best suitable for choosing a study program is very important to determine because this will greatly impact your overall career life. Students must be aware that if they cover things at the right time, they will become successful.
When a student completes his 10+2 education is the best suitable time to move ahead for pursuing a BSW degree program. It is also provided that students must have obtained average or more than average marks.
When deciding the right career path, each student has decided to choose BSW as the career path to start learning this course. However, it is said that there are no time limits for studying, but it has some effects on your success.
Modes of BSW Course
As far as BA/BSW courses at the UG level are concerned, there are a number of academic institutes in India that provide these courses. Catering for the differing needs of their students, all institutes are currently offering a single course in multiple modes in order to cater to the varied needs of their students. As part of the curriculum for the BSW program, the student will have access to a variety of learning modes. There are a number of learning modes that it offers, including full-time, part-time, and online learning options, and some of them include:
Full-Time BSW Course
The Full-Time BSW program is the most common degree course opted for by students. It has a high admission rate as compared to other modes of study. This is because the scope of full-time education is considered to be higher than others. It is suitable for students who have time to spend just on their studies.
The eligibility required to get admission to a full-time BSW course is very simple. A student needs to have a minimum level of 50% marks in the 12th standard. It is further added in the criteria that qualify for the relevant entrance is also very necessary.
Part-Time BSW Course
As part of the part-time program, students from a variety of backgrounds can enroll in the BSW program. Besides just being unable to enroll in a full-time study program, there are a number of other reasons why a student cannot enroll in a full-time study program, such as working full-time or studying part-time.
It is also possible to work part-time while taking courses in this manner, and you are able to take courses at the same time. The eligibility requirements for a part-time course are the same as those for a full-time course. It is possible, however, for some changes to be made depending on the institute in question.
Online BSW Course
There are a variety of e-learning courses available at BSW Online. Most of the colleges that offer BSW Digital degree courses are located in other nations, and they offer courses in English. It has therefore become possible for learners to enrol in and complete a BSW degree on the Internet from an international university which is available to them via the Internet, as a result. BSW course Fees for an online course in most Indian institutes range from INR 20,000 to 30,000 depending on the course. IGNOU, TNOU, etc., all offer this course on a part-time basis.
BSW Course Admission 2023
BSW Admission 2023 are open for students and the process will be conducted through an online application system. There are two categories adopted for students’ admission one is a direct entry, and the other is a lateral entry. Applicants for BSW Corse lateral entry can register straightforwardly into the 2nd or 3rd year of study at any university in India. The management quota will be adopted for providing direct admissions.
The eligibility criteria for 2023 admissions will be that a student must have at least 40% marks in the 12th standard. The merit list is issued at the end of the process, and the candidates enrolled on it will be invited to an interview.
BSW Course Admission Trending Updates
- At Kannur University, the last date for BSW Course admission is 6 June 2023.
- The IGNOU has begun accepting registrations for its July 2023 BSW Course Admission. The last date to register is 30 June 2023.
- Registration for the BSW course at Osmania University has begun. The deadline to submit an application is 31 May 2023.
BSW Lateral Entry
The students who have pursued a diploma-level course get the opportunity for getting admission into the second year or the third year of the course as per the eligibility conditions listed by the respected university. The conditions for the selection of students getting admission in the course are done after the entrance exam conducted by the respected university in the prescribed manner.
BSW Course Admission Process 2023
- Admissions are based on the college or university’s cut-off list. Talent is the only thing that matters in the admissions process. The Entrance Exam is also given by a lot of colleges and universities, like Osmania University.
- Campuses like Amity University also have governance allotments that allow students to get in right away. Because public-sector universities don’t have a budget for governance, it’s not even possible to get into them in a simple way.
- Those who apply for direct entry into the second and third years of the BSW can do so at universities like the Delhi Institute of Professional Studies. It is important to know the rules that apply to each university.
BSW Entrance Exam 2023
Various entrance exams are conducted to provide BSW admissions. A few such entrance exams are discussed:
- TISSNET: If any student wants to enroll in BSW will have to qualify for this entrance exam. It is conducted each year to provide admissions to various courses, including the BSW program.
- RIE CEE: This is a common entrance exam organized to provide admissions for numerous UG courses like the BSW program. It is held on an annual basis and arranged by the Regional Institute of Education.
Different universities conduct many entrance exams at the institute level.
BSW Entrance Exam Syllabus
The syllabus of the BSW entrance exam is general. Some universities provide the syllabus based on subjects taught in the previous class, and some provide a general syllabus based on aptitude. However, the question paper in all cases contains a total of 100 questions. The marks carried out by the BSW entrance exam will be 100. In most cases, negative marking is applicable.
BSW Distance Education Admission
Admission into the BSW course is offered by the distance education mode for the benefit of students who can’t continue their education via the regular mode due to any reason. Opting for admission via the distance mode in the BSW course benefits an applicant as they get to complete their education and pursue a job alongside.
The biggest advantage for opting to get admission in the distance mode of this course is that the curriculum used in this course is equivalent to what is used in the regular mode therefore the applicant won’t be sacrificing education.
Acceptance to the BSW distance learning program is based on a list of merit. The enrolment information for the majority of the colleges is listed below:
- In their 10+2 years, applicants must have a grade point average of 35% or better.
- A 5% relaxation is awarded to the candidates who come from the SC/ST category.
- The minimum duration for BSW learning can be 3 years, and the maximum could be 5 years.
- Almost INR 20,000 to INR 35,000 is the average BSW course fee.
BSW Course Syllabus
The BSW syllabus is made up of a lot of different subjects that are changed over the course of 6 semesters. In the last semester of the course, project work is part of the syllabus.
In the BSW syllabus, you’ll learn about Introduction to Social Work, Substance Abuse, the roles of non-profit organizations, Social Problems and Services, Family Education, Approaches to Social Work, and many other things.
Many universities have a wide range of elective courses that you can choose from.
Top BSW Colleges in Delhi
Delhi has a total number of 14 colleges in which students can apply for BSW admissions. The quality of education offered by all below colleges is the best for BSW course, and after qualifying from these colleges, students are placed in top positions. The BSW course fee in these colleges may vary from INR 16000 to INR 28000.
- Amity University
- Gautam Buddha University
- SD PG College
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University
Top BSW Colleges in UP
There are more than 25 colleges in UP associated with BSW education and are affiliated with UGC and AICTE. Some of these colleges offer admission to this program through an entrance test while others select applicants on a merit basis. The course fee in these colleges ranges from INR 30000 to INR 50000. Top BSW Colleges in UP are:
- Amity University
- Gautam Buddha University
BSW Colleges in Haryana
Haryana is an important study hub after Delhi and UP for BSW education. It has many colleges that are offering BSW courses. The BSW course fee is varying ranging from INR 20000 to INR 50000. These top institutes are:
- GD Goenka University
- Al-Falah University
- Eros Institute of Management and Technology
BSW Colleges in Punjab
Students can find RIMT University for BSW the best institute for getting admission in Punjab. This is a private institute and offers the BSW course in full-time study mode. The BSW course offered by this centre is approved by UGC and AICTE.
Scope after BSW Course
The BSW programme provides students with the opportunity to develop their skills and careers in social welfare. With the skills they learn in the course, students can look for an advanced career.
After earning a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) A job in Social Work is tough, but the rewards are seeing society grow and change in an ever-changing environment. BSW scope and career options are numerous as a BSW Course prepares a student to be more intelligent and responsive to society and helps those who are barely getting it through the day, helping them acquire jobs that can help support the family in these tough times.
Students who pass a BSW course get to apply for jobs at various welfare associations, NGOs, rehab centres, health care centres, etc. The average salary amount that an applicant can expect to get on passing this course can be from INR 1.6 LPA to INR 2.4 LPA.
Career Options After BSW Course
Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) graduates can apply to both public and private sector entry-level positions, both in India and abroad. BSW candidates have excellent employment prospects in the future as well as a number of job opportunities after completing BSW courses. Check out some of these areas of work if you want to learn more about them:
- Counselling Centres
- Old Age Homes
- Mental Hospitals
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ques 1: What does BSW mean?
Ans: A Bachelor degree program in Social Work (BSW) is a program designed for people who are interested in helping people in need on a professional level.
Ques 2: What is the scope of BSW?
Ans: A bachelor’s degree in social work is ideal in terms of social services. A clinical social worker, however, typically pursues a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree. candidates can also work with NGOs and many more files related to social work.
Ques 3: What are the uses of BSW course?
Ans: Students become graduates after completing the BSW course. They can apply for various jobs in both the private and government sectors. Students can also start NGO or Social organization and can use their BSW course knowledge to grow it.