BSW Course: A Bachelor of Social Work is a 3-year undergraduate degree program. A UG degree in social work is a great way to begin your career in the human services field. After acquiring the UG degree in the BSW six-semester program, candidates shall allow themselves to work in the various entry-level position associated with the stream.
The degree also draws the curtain comfortably for the admission to bachelor of social services program. This three-year UG degree shall offer you an opportunity to work for people who need guidance on serious issues. Candidates will also encounter a larger social context that would contribute to solving such programs.
Basic eligibility for admission to a bachelor of social services programme (BSW) is 12th from any stream. We shall properly discuss the BSW program eligibility ahead in the article. The approximate or average fee of social work three-year degree program is INR 10000 to INR 25,000. Deposits are allowed to make offline/online.
A UG degree in the BSW opens the gate for the learner in the academic, and professional arena. A recently passed learner can boost up the educational profile by picking any of the courses: MSW, MA Extensive Education & Social Work, MA Gandhian Studies, MA Gender & Development Studies, MA Labour & Development, and more.
Candidates can proceed to work in the following professional options i.e., labor welfare specialist, social worker, teacher, lecturer, campaigner, NGO officer, trainee officer, criminology specialist, etc. A beginner in the profession based on a BSW degree can earn between 1.6 to 2.4 LPA.
The admission eligibility, duration, entry process, entrance test, Available Universities/colleges, etc., are further detailed in the BSW article.
Why Study BSW from IMTS Institute?
Since it has been assisting in the academic stream for 17 years, IMTS has a significant history. The prestigious organization “IMTS” has helped over 50,000+ students find their ideal academic destinations. The Institute was founded in 2005 with the intention of offering assistance and serving as an older sibling to students in need while they pursue their academic goals.
All undergraduate and postgraduate programs at the IMTS Institute have a 99% passing rate. The UGC has authorized numerous governmental and private universities to participate in this noble endeavor. It has been found to be genuine in every way by educational authorities that IMTS adheres to all of the norms and guidelines of India’s education policy.
The undergraduate degree program “BSW” needs some eligibility for admission, such as:
- 10+2 or 12th or equivalent from a recognized board in India.
- Any stream candidates who have studied social science at the senior secondary level can apply for the UG program.
The BSW degree program fee in the offline and distance modes at various IMTS-associated universities differs. The minimum first-year average fee for the BSW undergraduate program is INR 10,000. The maximum fee that aspirants have to pay annually at the selected universities is INR 25,000.
Candidates who desire to be admitted or have any query related to admission can contact “IMTS” by taking assistance from the website, WhatsApp, call, or social sites. One of our knowledgeable counselors will carefully listen to your concerns before making suggestions.
Candidates are given the best recommendation for the course or university angle after an analysis of their educational background, financial situation, and stream of interest.
IMTS will provide free assistance to students. However, students just have to pay for the program registration and tuition fee at the university.
|BA Course||BBA Course|
|BCOM Course||BCA Course|
|BSC Course||BBM Course|
|BTech Course||BEd Course|
|BAF Course||BSW Course|
|MBA Course||MCA Course|
|MCom Course||MSC Course|
|MSW Course||MSC IT Course|
What is BSW?
BSW or Bachelor of Social Work is an undergraduate course with a completion period of 3 years. It is suitable for students who desire to join social development agencies, NGOs, and other public and private sectors at lower or middle levels. The official languages used to teach this course all over India are English and Hindi.
It is beneficial to contestants who aspire to operate in the social welfare field because it enables people to gain professional knowledge and skills to help individuals deal with psychological and emotional issues. Various types of jobs at the higher and lower level are available in this sector where these graduates can be enrolled. Students must go through this article for BSW course details.
BSW Course Details: An Overview
- BSW is the course abbreviation used for the Bachelor of Social Work.
- The course of BSW is designed for students who want to serve in NGOs, different communities, and other related sectors. It gives them complete knowledge about the development works to be done for society.
- The BSW Course can be chosen in different study modes such as full-time, part-time, or learning mode. All are now offered in different universities in India.
- BSW degree course consists of three core elements: Foundation Courses, Field Work, and Elective Courses.
- Patna University, Madras Christian College, Amity University, and several other leading BSW institutions in India offer the BSW Curriculum in India. BSW Online is offered at many international universities, including Brandman University, Briar Cliff University, Bemidji State University, California State University, and Brescia University. BSW Program is given by many universities, including IGNOU, Annamalai University, and Karnataka State Open University.
- INR 5900 to 17,900 is the average annual fee for the Bachelor of Social Work program.
- Many sectors in this domain are there in which the students can get employment chances. Those areas include social welfare sectors, social defense, community development, health care, and soon.
- At the entry-level, the salary of BSW Course graduates can be up to INR 2 lacs per year. The salary of people can be even higher with gaining experience in this area.
All about BSW Course
BSW is a bachelor’s degree program specifically designed to teach students about society’s social development and welfare. Depending on traditional people, the program includes social care training and education. It assists the student in developing the necessary perceptions for recognizing a person’s issue-solving initiatives.
When a student opts for getting admission into the BSW course they improve their chances for a career in the social welfare sector. The students who pursue this course are provided with the knowledge and training that makes them capable of leading a life that will be dedicated to improving the level of life structure of the surrounding environment.
Throughout areas such as social progress and public health, social work awareness is a constant theme. Students who earn a BSW Course can specialize in healthcare, social services, charitable organizations, and volunteer activities, to name just a few. After completing BSW, a student can earn up to INR 200000 per year.
Why Study BSW After 12th?
BSW is a good choice for students who want to be experts in their field and help people who need it. However, there are also some other benefits to taking the BSW course, such as:
- BSW is for students who want to help the needy and disadvantaged and who know that there is a lot of demand for well-trained social workers all over the country.
- BSW helps students improve their skills and abilities as employees when they help people with different socio-economic problems.
- Having a good understanding of the situation and the research that has been done and the information that has come before helps students do better in the subject.
Who Should Pursue BSW?
Studying in an area needs some specific skills that make you suitable and fit for the field. Here in the case of the BSW degree program, it is also very important to assess yourself for knowing your suitability for this course. Some of the points given below describe it:
- Everyone who has completed the education at a level of 10+2 or equivalent is said to be eligible for applying to any university for this course.
- Those candidates interested in the social development program and want to join an NGO in another private or public sector can pursue this program.
- If any student has the skills like management, leadership, and communication is best suitable because this field needs such skills.
- When moving in a social field, it is very necessary to be active; thus, any student who can move actively to run a social program can join this course.
When to pursue BSW?
The time best suitable for choosing a study program is very important to determine because this will greatly impact your overall career life. Students must be aware that if they cover things at the right time, they will become successful.
Trending Online Courses in India 2023
|Online BA||Online MA|
|Online BBA||Online MBA|
|Online BCA||Online MCA|
|Online BSC||Online MCOM|
|Online BCOM||Online Diploma|
When a student completes his 10+2 education is the best suitable time to move ahead for pursuing a BSW degree program. It is also provided that students must have obtained average or more than average marks.
When deciding the right career path, each student has decided to choose BSW as the career path to start learning this course. However, it is said that there are no time limits for studying, but it has some effects on your success.
Modes of BSW Course
As far as BA/BSW courses at the UG level are concerned, there are a number of academic institutes in India that provide these courses. Catering for the differing needs of their students, all institutes are currently offering a single course in multiple modes in order to cater to the varied needs of their students. As part of the curriculum for the BSW program, the student will have access to a variety of learning modes. There are a number of learning modes that it offers, including full-time, part-time, and online learning options, and some of them include:
Full-Time BSW Course
The Full-Time BSW program is the most common degree course opted for by students. It has a high admission rate as compared to other modes of study. This is because the scope of full-time education is considered to be higher than others. It is suitable for students who have time to spend just on their studies.
The eligibility required to get admission to a full-time BSW course is very simple. A student needs to have a minimum level of 50% marks in the 12th standard. It is further added in the criteria that qualifying for the relevant entrance is also very necessary.
Part-Time BSW Course
As part of the part-time program, students from a variety of backgrounds can enroll in the BSW program. Besides just being unable to enroll in a full-time study program, there are a number of other reasons why a student cannot enroll in a full-time study program, such as working full-time or studying part-time. It is also possible to work part-time while taking courses in this manner, and you are able to take courses at the same time. The eligibility requirements for a part-time course are the same as those for a full-time course. It is possible, however, for some changes to be made depending on the institute in question.
Online BSW Course
There are a variety of e-learning courses available at BSW Online. Most of the colleges that offer BSW Digital degree courses are located in other nations, and they offer courses in English. It has therefore become possible for learners to enroll in and complete a BSW degree on the internet from an international university which is available to them via the internet, as a result. BSW course Fees for an online course in most Indian institutes range from INR 6000 to 8000, depending on the course. IGNOU, TNOU, etc., all offer this course on a part-time basis.
BSW Course Admission 2023
BSW Admission 2023 will be conducted through an online application system from July 2023. There are two categories adopted for students’ admission one is a direct entry, and the other is a lateral entry. Applicants for BSW Corse lateral entry can register straightforwardly into the 2nd or 3rd year of study at any university in India. The management quota will be adopted for providing direct admissions.
The eligibility criteria for 2023 admissions will be that a student must have at least 40% marks in the 12th standard. The merit list is issued at the end of the process, and the candidates enrolled on it will be invited to an interview.
BSW Lateral Entry
The students who have pursued a diploma-level course get the opportunity for getting admission into the second year or the third year of the course as per the eligibility conditions listed by the respected university. The conditions for the selection of students getting admission in the course is done after the entrance exam conducted by the respected university in the prescribed manner.
BSW Course Admission Process 2023
- Admissions are based on the college or university’s cut-off list. Talent is the only thing that matters in the admissions process. The Entrance Exam is also given by a lot of colleges and universities, like Osmania University.
- Campuses like Amity University also have governance allotments that allow students to get in right away. Because public-sector universities don’t have a budget for governance, it’s not even possible to get into them in a simple way.
- Those who apply for direct entry into the second and third years of the BSW can do so at universities like the Delhi Institute of Professional Studies. It is important to know the rules that apply to each university.
BSW Entrance Exam 2023
Various entrance exams are conducted to provide BSW admissions. A few such entrance exams are discussed:
- TISSNET: If any student wants to enroll in BSW will have to qualify for this entrance exam. It is conducted each year to provide admissions to various courses, including the BSW program.
- RIE CEE: This is a common entrance exam organized to provide admissions for numerous UG courses like the BSW program. It is held on an annual basis and arranged by the Regional Institute of Education.
Different universities conduct many entrance exams at the institute level.
BSW Entrance Exam Syllabus
The syllabus of the BSW entrance exam is general. Some universities provide the syllabus based on subjects taught in the previous class, and some provide a general syllabus based on aptitude. However, the question paper in all cases contains a total of 100 questions. The marks carried out by the BSW entrance exam will be 100. In most cases, negative marking is applicable.
BSW Distance Admission
Admission into the BSW course is offered by the distance education mode for the benefit of students who can’t continue their education via the regular mode due to any reason. Opting for admission via the distance mode in the BSW course benefits an applicant as they get to complete their education and pursue a job alongside.
The biggest advantage for opting to get admission in the distance mode of this course is that the curriculum used in this course is equivalent to what is used in the regular mode therefore the applicant won’t be sacrificing education.
BSW Admission Process
Acceptance to the BSW learning program is based on a list of merit. The enrolment information for the majority of the colleges is listed below as:
- In their 10+2 years, applicants must have a grade point average of 50% or better.
- A 5% relaxation is awarded to the candidates who come from the SC/ST category.
- The minimum duration for BSW learning can be 3 years, and the maximum could be 5 years.
- Almost INR 10,000 to INR 25,000 is the average BSW course fee.
BSW Course Syllabus
The BSW syllabus is made up of a lot of different subjects that are changed over the course of 6 semesters. In the last semester of the course, project work is part of the syllabus.
In the BSW syllabus, you’ll learn about Introduction to Social Work, Substance Abuse, the roles of non-profit organizations, Social Problems and Services, Family Education, Approaches to Social Work, and many other things.
Many universities have a wide range of elective courses that you can choose from.
BSW Colleges in Delhi
Delhi has a total number of 14 colleges in which students can apply for BSW admissions. These colleges are IGNOU, Gautam Buddha University, Amity University, SD PG College, and many more. The quality of education] offered by all these colleges is the best, and after qualifying from these colleges, students are placed in top positions. The BSW course fee in these colleges may vary from INR 16000 to INR 28000.
BSW Colleges in Mumbai
There are 4 colleges in Mumbai associated with BSW education and are affiliated with UGC and AICTE. The names of these 4 colleges are College of Social Work Nirmala Niketan, Amity University, Mumbai University, and Shreemati Nathibai Damood Arthackersey Women’s University. The course fee in these colleges ranges from INR 30000 to INR 50000.
BSW Colleges in Bangalore
Bangalore is an important study hub after Delhi and Mumbai for BSW education. It has a total number of 4 colleges that are offering BSW courses. These top institutes are St. Josephs Colleges, Acharya Institute of Graduate Studies, Noble Institute of Education Society, and Bangalore University. The BSW course fee is varying ranging from INR 20000 to INR 50000.
BSW Colleges in Hyderabad
Students can find Roda Mistry College of Social Work and Research Center the best institute for getting BSW admission in Hyderabad. This is a private institute and offers the BSW course in full-time study mode. The BSW course offered by this centre is approved by UGC and AICTE.
Scope after BSW Course
The BSW programme provides students with the opportunity to develop their skills and careers in social welfare. With the skills they learn in the course, students can look for an advanced career.
After earning a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) A job in Social Work is tough, but the rewards are seeing society grow and change in an ever-changing environment. BSW scope and career options are numerous as a BSW Course prepares a student to be more intelligent and responsive to society and help those who are barely getting it through the day, helping them acquire jobs that can help a support the family in these tough times.
Students who pass a BSW course get to apply for jobs at various welfare associations, NGOs, rehab centres, health care centres, etc. The average salary amount that an applicant can expect to get on passing this course can be from INR 2.85 LPA to INR 4.25 LPA.
Career Options After BSW Course
As a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) graduate, you will be able to apply for entry-level positions both in the public and private sectors, both in India and abroad. There are a number of BSW course job opportunities that are available for BSW candidates in the future as well as outstanding employment prospects. Check out some of these areas of work if you want to learn more about them:
- Counselling Centres
- Old Age Homes
- Mental Hospitals