BSc Course: A Bachelor of Science program is a 3-year course that is designed to teach various concepts of science, technology, and research. Admission to BSc commences every year in two cycles: January, and July. BSc course is available in various specializations including Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Mathematics, CS, IT Nursing, Agriculture & more. Those who are interested in science and technology might take the course and pursue research.
- After the 10+2 examination, students are required to complete three years of science coursework.
- The minimum that applicants need to get for the admission to BSC program is 12th from a science or a related stream.
- Entrance or non-entrance are the modes for admission to the BSC specialized program. An approximate fee for the course of BSC can be found between INR 11,000 to INR 77,300.
Completion of the BSc Course offers more options as it covers a wide range of job profiles. Scientists, Research Fellows, Scientific Assistants, Lecturers, Technical Writers, Lab Assistants, and Biochemists are some jobs available after a BSc. There are medical and non-medical specialties available in a BSc. It is the combination of theoretical and practical knowledge of the subject, after completing graduation in the field student can go for a master’s degree in the same relevant field.
After completing the degree students can strengthen their academic profile or pick a quality professional career. The future academic option for the UG degree holder shall be like MSC, MCA, MBA, PG Diploma in Data Science, and more.
Professional gates for the BSC passed outs open in the following employment sector: Hospitals, Health Care Providers, Food Institutes, Agriculture Industry, Oil Industry, Space Research Institute, and more. The average salary for the science-authorized professional is found between 2.2 to 4.9 LPA.
Individuals can learn about the admission process, eligibility, fees, duration, entrance exams, available universities, and much more ahead in the article.
BSc Course Highlights
|Course Name||BSc (Bachelor of Science)|
|Top BSc Specialization||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Life Science, Zoology & more|
|BSc Course Admission||Entrance-Based/ Merit Based|
|BSc Course Fee||INR 11,000 to INR 77,300|
|BSc Course Salary||INR 2.2 to INR 4.9 lakhs per annum (Approx.)|
|BSc Course Duration||3 Years|
|Eligibility For BSc Course||Complete 10+2 with at least 50% aggregate marks in the science stream|
|BSc Course category||Undergraduate|
Why Study BSc from IMTS Institute?
As far as the educational stream is concerned, IMTS has a rich history of 17 years since it has assisted in this field. Over the past few years, the successful institution “IMTS” has helped more than 45,000 people in finding the destination of their dreams. Aiming to serve needy students through the form of guidance, the Institute was founded in the year 2005 with the goal of serving as an elder brother in the pursuit of academic excellence.
IMTS Institute’s UG and PG programs have an outstanding passing percentage of 99. This good act has been joined by many UGC-approved universities at both the private and state levels. Because it follows all rules and regulations listed in the books of India’s education policy, educational authorities have found the IMTS to be legitimate in every sense.
The admission gate for IMTS Institute-associated universities for BSc three-year degree programs opens for candidates who have maintained the minimum eligibility criteria shown below.
- Senior Secondary Examination or 12th or 10+2 in science or related subjects from an approved state/central board in India.
- The marks required for admission to the BSc program differ.
The Bachelor of Science (BSc) three-year UG degree program fees in the online, and distance programs vary. Candidates have to pay a minimum fee of INR 11,000, and the highest fee of INR 77,300 annually for the BSc degree program. The fee can be paid semester-wise as well.
Aspirants can simply get in touch with us for help via any of their preferred methods, including WhatsApp, the website, a phone call, social platforms, etc. Once we receive your request, we’ll get back to you. You will have a conversation with an expert counselor from our staff about your worries over your next academic options.
Assistance will be given to the applicants in accordance with their financial situation, professional aspirations, and educational background. Here, we will provide you with free recommendations for the top institutions and academic programs based on the points indicated above.
Except for the university’s program admittance, candidates do not need to pay anything for enrollment or any other purpose. Throughout and after the course, the candidates will be given ongoing support.
|BA Course||BBA Course|
|BCOM Course||BCA Course|
|BSC Course||BBM Course|
|BTech Course||BEd Course|
|BAF Course||BSW Course|
|MBA Course||MCA Course|
|MCom Course||MSC Course|
|MSW Course||MA Course|
What is BSc Course?
B.Sc is an undergraduate degree in science, a three-year course of study taken by learners who have studied science in high school. The course is essential for learners who want to work in scientific sectors such as healthcare, Information Technology, Pharmaceutical, and manufacturing.
Most of the disciplines covered in the BSc course include physical science, chemistry, economics, agriculture, animation, applied science, mathematics, biology, and horticulture. The syllabus of BSc can vary based on the specialization you choose for study. However, subjects in the first year of each discipline consist of some common basic science subjects.
BSc Course Key Features
- The full form of BSc is Bachelor of Science, an undergraduate degree that takes almost three years to complete. BSc Course admissions are provided across many colleges considering the merit of students and their performance in the relevant entrance exam.
- A minimum of 50% for general candidates and 45% for reserved candidates is the merit criteria. Including CUCET, BHU UET, and NPAT, there are some other BSc entrance exams: KCET, UPSEE, IISER, etc.
- Aside from the standard Bachelor of Science program, students can also undertake BSc Hons degrees. Two very different coursework have the same eligibility requirements.
- The fee for BSc can be different such that in public colleges, it is around INR 11000, and in private colleges is around INR 1 LPA.
- For students interested in pursuing BSc programs, there are many countless opportunities, including HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship Support (ECSS), Kishore Vaigyanik ProtsahanYojana (KVPY), INSPIRE Scholarships, Promotion of Science Education (POSE) Scholarship, and others.
- The scope after completion of a BSc degree is great. Many jobs are related to this where one can make their career, including research associate, statistician, teacher, and many others linked to your chosen speciality.
- A BSc degree holder can expect an annual salary of INR 5 to INR 7 lacs.
- Individuals with a BSc can pursue postgraduate courses such as MBA, MSc, and PhD
Is BSc a Good Course?
It is a three-year undergraduate degree with the title BSc. Students with a Bachelor of Science degree may have better employment opportunities with valuable skills as well as the capability to conduct research for the Master’s degree if they have this degree. In the field of science, there are several distinct academic disciplines offering BSc degrees, including natural sciences, engineering, technology, business, and biological and life sciences. Which of these courses would be the best for you? There are many career options available to students, ranging from BSc PCM, to BSc Mathematics, and so on, depending on their interests.
Why Study BSc after 12th?
There are many causes to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree as a viable career. For your convenience, even some of those are outlined below:
- Given the wide range of specializations accessible with a BSc degree, work opportunities following graduation are many. Students with a BSc degree can find employment in various areas like biology, physics, chemistry, natural science, and so on.
- Compared to other fields such as arts and commerce, the median wage bundle obtained after accomplishing a BSc journey is significantly higher. Also, with the progressive advancement of science and technology and modernization, resources for learners with a BSc degree are increasing, making it an effective career choice for students.
- Upon accomplishing the BSc journey, understudies can choose to further their learning in almost the same domain, including MSc or PhD, or alter their areas of knowledge and seek an MBA.
Who Should Pursue BSc Course?
In order to continue pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree, candidates who possess the least desirable eligibility criteria, such as completing their 12th class examinations from a recognized institution with a minimum grade point average of 50 percent or achieving a comparable CGPA and PCM as a combination of their specialist study, will be eligible. Aside from that, for students who wish to pursue a BSc curriculum, the following requirements must be met in order to pursue such a program:
- Applicants with a huge passion in the context of Mathematics and Science are strongly motivated to continue a BSc degree.
- Candidates who want to seek multi- and cross-disciplinary scientific professions in the years ahead will benefit greatly from this course.
- Individuals with a BSc can expect to earn a high salary after specializing in a variety of areas.
When to pursue BSc Course?
- BSc studies are typically pursued following the conclusion of Upper Secondary evaluations. Understudies in the Science subjects choose Bachelor’s degree in Science as their university curriculum to acquire an additional in-depth understanding of the topics in the section.
- Students who would like to undertake a much more technical level of education take different admission tests to get into B-Tech. In contrast, youngsters who desire to improve their academic knowledge choose for BSc.
- The conventional BSc electives involve biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, home science, zoology, PCM, and statistics.
- Agriculture, aquaculture, bioinformatics, computer science, electronics, physiotherapy, animation, biochemistry, genetics, fashion technology, multimedia, psychology, and many other subjects are covered in proficient BSc studies.
Types of BSc Course
BSc courses are in great demand throughout India. For such students, various modes of course have been structured. These involve distance BSc, full-time BSc, and part-time BSc courses.
Full-Time BSc Course
Numerous colleges offer a BSc full-time degree program. Its complete on-campus graduate program gives students all the necessary skills and knowledge in a specific flow or topic. Such universities are Delhi University, Calcutta University, Miranda House, Kirori Mal, and other colleges.
The full-time BSc is offered in a wide range of specializations which means students can become specialists in their favourite science subject. The popular subjects one can choose to seek a BSc degree as IT, Biology, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, Natural Science, Maths, and many others.
Part-Time BSc Course
Part-time degrees allow you to complete your degree program on your schedule. Various institutions offer part-time BSc programs in addition to full-time BSc courses. The part-time BSc degree can be pursued at Jawaharlal Nehru University, Jamia Millia Islamia, etc.
Online BSc Course
Online BSc is designed for students living away from main study campuses and who lack access to other educational facilities. BSc via online classes is provided by institutes like IGNOU, Uttarakhand Open University, TNOU, etc.
Trending Online Courses in India 2023
|Online BA||Online MA|
|Online BBA||Online MBA|
|Online BCA||Online MCA|
|Online BSC||Online MCOM|
|Online BCOM||Online Diploma|
BSc Course Scope
For students who have completed their B.Sc. degree, there are many options available, from getting a master’s degree in science to going into research or even taking professional courses to find a job. Students usually get recruited directly by big MNCs after completing their courses at reputed universities and colleges in India and abroad. Students in the Science stream can choose from a variety of courses. There are two options for the student: either a plain B.Sc. or an honors B.Sc.
BSc Course Admission Process 2023
- Admission to BSc studies is framed in terms of qualifications and also entrance examination. The two protocols are covered in depth below for one’s convenience:
- In the months of May and June every year, the application forms for admission are made available.
- The leading colleges have affiliations to Delhi University, such as Hindu College, Miranda House, and others offer admissions for BSc based on the previous qualification. These colleges consider students’ marks secured in the 12th standard or equivalent.
- Some universities also give entrance exam-based admissions. These include Orrisa University of Agriculture and Technology, IISER, Aligarh Muslim University, and others. Shortlisting of candidates will be done after the entrance exam, and those selected will be called for interviews and counseling.
Applications will be announced soon both online and offline. Applications can be downloaded from the university’s website. An online system will be used to upload all information and documents. The results of these tests are followed by a counseling round at all levels, and qualified candidates are invited to participate.
BSc Entrance Exam 2023
Entrance exams are used to determine BSc admission. Throughout India, numerous national, province, and institutional-level admission exams are held. The below information contains a few of the details about leading BSc entry exams in India.
- JET: It is an entrance exam conducted by Jain University to provide various UG and PG admissions to numerous courses such as BSc. JET is conducted in both online and offline methods. Students are given 3 hours to solve the paper.
- NPAT: The National Placement Assessment Test (NPAT) is a nationwide entry exam for admittance to UG and Assimilated degree courses. Narsee Monjee University administers the admissions test. The assessment is given entirely online and will last two hours.
- CUCET: Central Universities Common Entrance Tests (CUCET) is a countrywide test administered collectively by 10 central universities. This exam is used to determine central universities’ enrollment for all subject areas such as UG, PG, and many others. The test is given in a paper-and-pencil format. This test lasts two hours and comes with multiple queries.
- SUAT: SUAT is held each year specifically for entry to Sharda University’s different programs. In addition to BSc, it is also conducted for admissions to various other courses such as B-Tech, BA, BCA, MBA, MCA, etc. This entrance exam is based on an online system that is one can attain this test at home.
BSc Entrance Exam Syllabus
Entrance to a BSc degree program chosen in any specialization is based on the entrance exam in most cases. Various universities conduct the tests, but all follow a general syllabus. Generally, the subjects included in the entrance exam of BSc are Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, and Computer Science. The English component of the entrance test also assesses candidates’ grasp of the English language. It is to be notified that each section of the entrance exam carries equal marks. The distribution of marks is sometimes 1 for each right answer or sometimes 4 for each right answer.
BSc Distance Education
BSc Distance Education academic institutions give the possibility of earning this degree while working. It is perhaps the most adaptable type of degree program. In India, universities such as IGNOU, Karnataka State Open University, the University of Mumbai, Annamalai University, and Osmania University offer Distance BSc programs.
Distance BSc Admission Process
BSc distance learning is a prevalent place for individuals who would like to work and learn simultaneously. Academic institutions in India that provide distance BSc programs include Uttarakhand Open University, Karnataka State Open University, Jaipur National University, IGNOU New Delhi, Andhra University, and many others.
The cost of BSc distance courses is a fee of INR 11,000 to INR 77,300. Entrance exams are not included in the criteria of distance admissions, and merit is focused. The age limit is not fixed for BSc distance admissions, and mostly the selection criteria are the same as in the case of other BSc courses.
Specialization of B.Sc Course
BSc Course is offered at many top colleges and universities in India. A Bachelor of Science degree requires study in mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, and other closely related disciplines. Students can choose from a variety of fields and topics to study in the Bachelor of Science degree program.
BSc IT Course
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology course is available for admission at IMTS Institute. The course comprises topics like Information practices, networking, databases, & more. The duration of this BSc course Specialization is 3 years both in part-time & full-time mode. Many companies like Amazon, Mahindra, and Flipkart recruit students who have gained experience after BSc IT Course.
BSc Computer Science Course
Most pursued undergraduate computing programs include BSc in Computer Science. This program lasts for three years. Students must have received at least a 50% on their 12th-grade exam at an accredited university or college. A BSc Computer Science course costs between 3 and 7 lakhs. In this BSc CS course, students are required to study a variety of skills, including introduction to data structures, system programming, introduction to web technologies, development of mobile applications, etc.
BSc Course Syllabus
This program aims to provide both practical and theoretical knowledge in subjects such as mathematics, biology, physics, computer science, chemistry, and so on. There is a wind range of specializations, and one can choose to pursue a BSc degree. These include physics, natural science, chemistry, IT, agriculture, nursing, biotechnology, etc. Subjects are different as per the chosen specialization, such as chemistry learners in industrial chemistry, green chemistry, polymer chemistry, energy & fuel cells, etc. Some subjects related to mathematics are analysis, algebra, calculus, vector analysis, probability theory, and soon.
BSc Colleges in Delhi
Delhi has a total of 284 colleges where BSc education is offered. These include 188 private BSc colleges, and 92 are public BSc colleges. The leading institutes in Delhi providing BSc courses are St. Stephens College, Hindu College, GD Goenka University, Lady Shri Ram College for Women, KR Mangalam University, and Miranda House. The average course fee here ranges from INR 19000 to INR 105000 per year.
BSc Colleges in Mumbai
Almost 120 colleges in Mumbai are associated with the BSc courses. There are 92 private colleges and 27 public colleges offering BSc courses. Among these 120, some are named St. Xaviers College, DG Ruparel College of Arts Science & Commerce, Mithibai College, Jai Hind College, Kishinchand Chillaram College, and soon. The BSc course in these mentioned colleges ranges from INR 7000 to INR 50000.
BSc Colleges in Bangalore
As per the NIRF ranking, the top BSc colleges are Kristu Jayanti College, St. Josephs College, Jain University, Christ University, Mount Carmel College, and The Oxford College of Science. Besides these colleges, Bangalore has almost 140 BSc degree colleges. Out of these, 112 are private, and 24 are public-owned colleges that offer BSc education. BSc course fee here ranges from INR 20000 to INR 120000.
BSc Colleges in Hyderabad
In Hyderabad, about 70 colleges are offering education via a BSc degree. The figure of 70 includes 58 private colleges and 12 public BSc colleges. Hyderabad’s leading BSc colleges are AV College Arts Science and Commerce, Osmania University College for Women, DR. BR Ambedkar Open University, and others. The amount fee ranges from INR 2000 to INR 102000 in the colleges of Hyderabad.