MCA Course: Master of Computer Application is the full form of the MCA course. The PG degree in computer applications emphasizes the study of information technology and computer science and applications. The 2-year duration program has been created with the objective of providing practical training in database management, Java programming, statistical analysis, cloud computing, and so on.
Latest Admission Updates
- 01 Sep 2023: IMTS Institute has started the admission for the Master of Computer Applications (MCA) course. Apply Now till 15 September 2023. Apply Here
- 01 Sep 2023: Admissions for the Master of Computer Applications (MCA) program at NIILM University for the academic year 2023–24 are now open. The application deadline is 20 September 2023.
- 01 Sep 2023: Sri Krishna University (SKU) is currently receiving applications for the Master of Computer Applications (MCA) program, and the registration period concludes on 15 September 2023.
- 01 Sep 2023: Mangalayatan University has opened admissions for its Master of Computer Applications program (MCA). Until 20 September, 2023 applications will be accepted.
- 01 Sep 2023: WC University is currently receiving applications for admission to the Master of Computer Applications (MCA) program, with the registration deadline scheduled for 30 September 2023.
Eligibility Criteria: Candidates can apply for the MCA degree program quite comfortably after passing or completing an undergraduate education. The minimum mark required for admission to the MCA degree program is 45 to 50 percent.
Course Fees: Students who reserved a seat for the MCA degree program may need to pay an annual fee ranging from INR 40,000 to INR 75,000 at their respective private, state, or central universities.
Entrance Examinations: The admission to MCA degree program is either permitted after qualifying or entrance examination merit. At some universities, it is mandatory to pass the entrance exam to possibly apply for the MCA degree program. TANCET, NIMCET, IPU CET, CUET PG, and many other entrance exams play significant roles in determining MCA admission.
Candidates who are searching for the chance of MCA program admission without enrolling and passing the entrance examinations can look at the IMTS Institute, as it shall help in this case quite expertly.
Role of IMTS Institute:
IMTS Institute not only provides MCA admission guidance for distance or online learning modes but also offers career counselling absolutely free of charge. To learn about the process of admission and career counselling, go through the section below.
|MA Course||MBA Course|
|M.Sc Course||M.Com Course|
|MCA Course||MSW Course|
|MSC IT Course||PhD Course|
- The first step is to register at the IMTS Institute’s enrollment or application form for counselling.
- Registration must be made with accurate personal cum basic information.
- Soon, the counselling team of IMTS Institute will respond via call at the registered number.
- On-call interaction will allow students to schedule the counselling on the date they preferred.
- It is not only the date but mode also (offline/online) that needs to be selected by registered candidates to proceed with the counselling session.
- In the course of counselling, the expert would ask for several academic and personal information before confirming the suitable university for the MCA program.
- Pleased candidates with the provided option of university can either complete the admission by themselves or do not shy away from the help of IMTS Institute.
- IMTS Institute never charges an amount for the counselling process until the admission confirms.
To reach, aspirants can also contact us at 92 10 98 98 98 from 10 am to 7 pm on working days.
The Computer Application program provides theoretical and application-driven subjects such as mathematics foundation, operating systems, web technology, data & file structure, business program lab, statistical computing, CASE tools, network programming, industrial project, optimization techniques, and more. The program is divided into core and elective subjects. The course structure includes VI Semesters, Core Subjects, Elective Subjects, Practical Work, Individual projects, Group projects, Seminar, and Workshops.
MCA Course Highlights
|MCA Full Form||MCA of Computer Applications|
|MCA Course Fees||INR 40,000 to 75,000 Yearly|
|Course Level||PG Degree|
|MCA Course Duration||2 years|
|Jobs After MCA||
Software Developers, Programmers, System Administrators, Tech support, Technical Analysts, and others
Amazon, Flipkart, HCL, TCS, Wipro, Infosys, Accenture, Capgemini, and others
|Salary After MCA||INR 4 LPA to INR 8.96 LPA|
|MCA Course Subjects||Computer Programming
Database Management System
Operation Research & Optimisation Techniques
Object Oriented Programming with Java
Software Engineering & TQM
Unix and Shell Programming
Why Study MCA Course from IMTS Institute?
IMTS Institute is consistent, and reliable in the assistance of needy students. The Institute, “which was established in 2005”, is committed to serving the education sector with no eye for selfishness. It has helped, and motivated poverty-stricken candidates to climb the ladder of success.
Until now, the institute managed to assist more than 50,000+ students to achieve its goals. The passing percentage in the IMTS never declined from 99 which shows how much successful it has been throughout the journey. The institute has support, and approval from educational authorities, alongside affiliations with some famous universities.
MCA Course Eligibility
Admission to the Master of Computer Applications (MCA) degree program is possible with minimum eligibility shown below.
- Students must have completed their BCA or any other relevant degree to be eligible for admission to this program.
- The marks required for admission to the MCA program differ in universities. On average students must have scored at least 50% to be considered for admission.
MCA Fee Structure
The MCA degree program based on computer applications, and information technology is available online, and in distance learning mode at IMTS Institute Affiliated universities.
The fees for the MCA Course start with the amount of INR 40,000. However, it is seen to the amount of INR 75,000. Students needed to pay the fees in two parts half-yearly or annual mode.
|BA Course||BBA Course|
|B.Sc Course||B.Com Course|
|BCA Course||BSW Course|
|BAF Course||BBM Course|
|B.Tech Course||BEd Course|
MCA Course Duration
A Master of Computer Application (MCA) program lasts for 2 years. The full form of MCA is “Master of Computer Application.” It is suitable for students interested in software development, computer architecture, and many other subjects. Students are admitted to this program based on their merit or on their performance in entrance examinations. In addition, applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree in computer applications to be eligible.
MCA Admission Process 2023
If you want to enroll in the MCA or another program but are unsure of your eligibility, the cost of the program, the admissions process, etc., what should you do? You can contact “IMTS Institute” through any of the options such as social sites, WhatsApp, calls, or websites. You will be attended by an expert counsellor who will assist you in identifying a good option respective to your academic, and personal background.
Students who ping through social media sites, or websites receive a return call from the counsellors. IMTS offers the service free of cost and does not believe in earning money, but it believes in earning respect in the hearts of students. The only fees that students have to pay are the program’s tuition and registration fees which would be required at the time of their enrollment in the preferred program.
What is MCA Course?
MCA is a PG-level degree in computer science. With the help of a Master of Computer Application, students can make their careers in computer application. Students who want to get admission to this course must have a bachelor’s degree from a UGC-approved university.
Trending Online Courses in India 2023
|Online BA||Online MA|
|Online BBA||Online MBA|
|Online BCA||Online MCA|
|Online BSC||Online MCOM|
|Online BCOM||Online Diploma|
Pursuing a Master of Computer Applications course is a promising long-term career option, as MCA graduates are primarily sought after in the rapidly growing Information Technology sector, which is projected to experience an 8.4% growth rate in 2023. India, being a prominent provider of IT solutions and offshoring services, consistently generates a substantial pool of employment opportunities for aspiring MCA professionals.
Why Study MCA after Graduation?
- MCA is a two-year postgraduate degree program available to students who want to succeed in the technological world. Master of Computer Applications programs is flourishing, with multiple chances available in both the private and public areas.
- The MCA employment market is thriving, with 2,05,000 growth prospects for employment added annually, a 7.7% average increase.
- MCA applicants get an abundance of employment options in a wide range of sectors of the economy and career paths.
- Aspirants who complete MCA would be placed quickly with a basic wage of INR 4 lacs per annum.
- Good potential MCA aspirants can indeed anticipate being given a job by world-class Multinational enterprises and IT firms like Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and others, with a starting wage of INR 13 LPA that will expand dramatically with time.
Who Should Pursue MCA Course?
- Individuals looking for a career as computer programmers must enroll in the MCA program. The majority of MCA degree holders work in software and application training projects.
- Students willing to collaborate in the IT sector must enroll in the MCA program.
- Employed adults who want to improve their career and promotion opportunities can undertake MCA programs online.
- MCA courses are also pursued by aspirants who aspire to operate as UI Developers.
- Students who have passed their BCA degree can enroll in the MCA program to advance their careers.
- Anyone from other related disciplines who would like to switch careers can also apply for the MCA initiative.
When to pursue MCA?
- Upon completing the BCA curriculum, applicants can quickly begin the MCA programme. It is generally a good idea to obtain useful expertise after completing the BCA training prior to actually pursuing postgraduate studies.
- The MCA curriculum is very extensive, with assessment being a method that has both practical and theoretical lessons. As a result, aspirants must only enroll in the subject whether they have enough time to prepare correctly.
- Applicants must aim to perform well in the admissions test since a degree from a great university, as in an NIT, is much more valuable than one from a private university.
All about MCA Course
For students, below we have shared some of the essential points of MCA course details, such as the MCA full form, duration of the courses, fees, and more. We request that the students read the points carefully and know everything about the course.
- MCA is an abbreviation for Masters of Computer Application.
- The MCA program lasts 2 years and is open to candidates from various fields.
- The MCA course is accessible in full-time, distance, and online learning formats.
- Popular MCA admission tests are CUET PG, MAH MCA, NIMCET, IPU CET, and TANCET.
- VIT Vellore, the University of Calcutta, NIT Trichy, and many more are among the top MCA colleges in India.
- Working adults who want to seek MCA for career enhancement through Correspondence Courses.
- Students with a 45 percent or higher in their pertinent bachelor’s degree may undertake the program.
- Acceptance to the MCA course is based on a qualifying examination or an admission test, and the majority of successful universities accept applications based on admission tests.
- Aside from the MCA class, aspirants frequently tend to favor undertaking a BCA + MCA Inclusive Class that also enables them to accomplish their journey in the same semester without thinking about admittance after a bachelor’s degree.
- In India, the average tuition fee varies from INR 40,000 to INR 75,000 yearly.
- Aspirants who wish to attend a foreign university can choose from various subjects with academic results comparable to the MCA courses. The elite universities in overseas nations, on the other hand, cost between INR 10 and INR 35 LPA.
Types of MCA Course
Master of Computer Applications or MCA course is available in different modes or types in India. Regular MCA, Distance MCA, & Online MCA are the main type of MCA degree course. Aside from a standard MCA journey, Learners can take an MCA program online or through range learning.
Full-Time MCA Course
Full-Time MCA is a course with an average duration of two years, and it is the most common type of MCA course offered in India. The number of institutes providing MCA full-time learning is more than the part-time or distance institutes.
Students who complete the full-time MCA program are placed in various employment roles in the IT sector, including Networking Professionals, Frontend Developers, Web Designers, Backend Developers, and many others.
Online MCA Course
The online MCA program is available in India at various private institutes. Millions of young students and professional workers in India have chosen online tutoring over the decades since they have limited schedules, locations, or resources. A few of the benefits of MCA Online Classes include:
- With lesser acceptance rates, the standard of tuition reduces, as do the odds and ends expenses of purchasing texts, which the university covers.
- Several institutions offer MCA Online Tutoring, giving students additional learning resources to pick among.
- MCA online class helps you acquire a degree in computer technologies without attending university or lecture classes.
Part-Time MCA Course
Students who have full-time jobs but cannot attend full-time classes can pursue a part-time MCA degree. There are a number of Indian institutes that offer MCA programs. It provides numerous perks to learners; they become able to attend classes with less time and reasonable tuition fees.
Top Distance Education Courses in India
MCA Admission 2023
MCA Admission 2023 is open for the current academic cycle. Admission has commenced for regular, online, and distance learning programs at UGC-approved universities such as IMT CDL, AMITY Online University, Assam University, and so on.
The last dates for the above-mentioned universities differ from one another. Indian universities generally welcome students for admission to MCA programs on the basis of merit. Merit lists are particularly curated after academic/entrance examinations’ significance.
In order to fill out and submit the admission form for the MCA program at any of the aforementioned universities, one should follow the offered mode of admission; online or offline. The admission registration fee for the MCA postgraduate degree program normally ranges from INR 500 to INR 2,000.
Candidates who really wish to study the MCA degree program and want to attain detailed information about eligibility criteria for top universities in regular, online, and distance education, along with other equally important information, must continue reading the sections of the article.
MCA Course Admission Updates
- SRM University has started admission for Master of Computer Applications (MCA) Admission last date is 10 August 2023.
- Amity University has commenced registration for MCA Course. The last date to apply is 15 August 2023.
- MCA Course Admission is now open for the July session 2023 at Indira Gandhi National Open University. Apply till 10 August 2023.
Is MCA the right path for me?
The Master of Computer Applications (MCA) is a very promising career path. MCA specializes in information technology. Information technology has a wide range of applications. Furthermore, the jobs in this course are exceptionally well-paying. MCA graduates have a lot of job opportunities in the digital sector.
Some of the best-paying jobs for new graduates are in the IT, networking, software, and programming fields. Salaries increase as one’s skills improve. It is, therefore, always a good idea to choose MCA as a study option.
MCA After B.Com
After BCom MCA is possible, students who want to pursue this course after completing a Bachelor of Commerce degree can apply at IMTS Institute. Its eligibility criteria required Mathematics as a compulsory subject in the 12th class. Apart from it, students should have a BCom degree from any UGC-approved university with a minimum of 50 percent marks. MCA courses are popular courses and provide the learning of computer applications at the PG level.
MCA Entrance Exams 2023
Aside from direct access, The degree candidates must suggest the required MCA Course Entrance Exams to enter a prestigious college.
IPU CET: IPU CET is an entrance exam at the university level for admittance to MCA and various other Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs in Engineering, Medicine, Dentistry, Law, and Management. This exam is taken once a year, and 150 minutes are given for solving it.
CUET PG: Various Universities including central, state, private & more are accepting the Common University Entrance Test for PG-level course. For MCA Course, the CUET PG 2023 is widely approved and accepted. This examination contains 100 questions.
MAH MCA CET: It is also a common entrance test conducted for MCA admissions. Students need at least 50% to meet the eligibility for appearing in this exam. The registrations for MAH MCA CET will start in June 2023.
UPCET: Students who wish to pursue MCA and various other courses at the universities of UP will have to qualify for the Uttara Pradesh Common Entrance Test or UPCET.
TANCET: It stands for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test held once every year. The MCA admissions 2023 through TANCET began in March 2023, and TANCET is expected to be conducted in the last weeks of March 2023.
VIT MEE: Vellore Institute of Science and Technology is the conducting body for the VIT MEE exam. This is conducted nationwide for courses like MCA, M-Tech, and other Ph.D. integrated courses.
MCA Admission Without Entrance Exam
Admission to the MCA Course without taking the entrance examination is possible for academically qualified students. There are a fine number of well-known universities in India that offers admission to the MCA degree program without conducting an entrance examination. The list for the same has given below.
- Lovely Professional University
- DY Patil University
Lovely Professional University: Admission to the LPU MCA degree program is only permitted to candidates with 60 percent minimum marks in BCA/BSc in Computer Science. The per semester fee for the MCA degree program at Lovely Professional University is 80,000 Indian rupees.
DY Patil University: Admission to the MCA postgraduate degree program at DY Patil University only happen if aspirants pass BCA/BSc or BA in Mathematics with 50 percent or higher marks. The semester-wise fee for the MCA degree at DY Patil University is 60,000 Indian rupees.
MCA Course Specializations
If we talk about the MCA Course Specializations or MCA courses, there are many specializations, such as the MCA in Networking, Application Software, Software Development, and many more. There are also many institutes or universities that offer the MCA program. Below, we have added some of the MCA course specializations.
MCA Course in Networking
Networking involves setting up a computer network that communicates with one another using specialized networking standards in an IT environment. MCAs with this specialization are in high demand in the nation’s rapidly expanding IT sector.
MCA Course in Application Software
The application software specialization for the MCA course prepares one to be a software developer for India’s growing market of apps. In this field, one will develop applications for online and mobile platforms that benefit businesses and simplify users’ lives.
MCA Course in Computer Networking Systems
The Computer Networking Systems discipline of the MCA course comprises of topics- Types of Computer Networking, Computer Hardware, Database, Systems Combination, Networking & more. The course leads to various jobs in the IT sector in India. The fee of the MCA in Computer Networking Systems program may vary as per the university.
MCA Course in Software Development
This specialization focuses on software development. During software development, one learns how to create different types of software. Creating software and systems that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of IT has always been the primary goal of software.
MCA Course in Cloud Computing
Master of Computer Application or MCA in Cloud Computing includes three majorly used platforms AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud. The course duration may change. It is a deal for students or working professionals who want to learn the experience of Cloud computing.
MCA Course in Cyber Security
A professional postgraduate degree MCA in Cyber Security can be earned in two years. The entire master’s degree. There are four semesters in the program. Separate courses are offered to study digital world Security in this programme. There is a good scope in terms of career and salary package.
MCA Course Syllabus
The Master of Computer Applications programme lasts two years and is separated into four academic sessions. Classroom lessons, practicals, and group projects are part of the MCA curriculum. The most important part of the MCA programme that is available is the operation task.
The last session of the Master’s Program in Computer Applications curriculum is all about project work, and special skills are also learned in this session.
It’s the first year of the MCA programme, and it covers things like Programming in C and Data Structure Lab. Other things covered are Object-Oriented Programming in C++, Discrete Mathematical Structure, Business Systems, Computer Organization & Architecture, and so on.
During the second year, you’ll learn about operating systems and systems software as well as graphics, multimedia, statistics and numerical techniques, intelligent systems, advanced database lab, and many other things. In the third year of the programme, some elective subjects, small projects, and seminars are added to the syllabus.
Top MCA Colleges in Delhi
As we all know, Delhi is widely regarded as the most incredible place to study, prepare for exams, and find work. In Delhi, there are various top universities around 157 MCA campuses, 19 public colleges, and 138 private colleges. As per India Today, the ideal institution for computer applications is Amity University, ranked fifth. The MCA course fee at Amity University is around 2 LPA. The academic institutions in the Delhi NCR are among the leading 20 on India Today’s ranking of the greatest 100 academic institutions.
- Amity University
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- Department of Computer Science, Delhi University
MCA Colleges in UP
In UP, there are 24 colleges that offer MCA programs, 19 of which are private and five that are public. And according to a lot of different rankings, there are some of the best MCA schools in UP. This institution provides MCA university courses full-time, part-time, and online. Candidates who want to go to the best MCA academies in UP must take the state-level entrance test, the MAH MCA CET.
MCA Colleges in Haryana
Nearly seven public and 61 private colleges in Haryana offer MCA programmes. In order to get into these kinds of academies, students have to pass entrance exams and prove that they have the right skills. MCA admissions are based on scores from the CUET PG and other entrance tests. Some of the best colleges to study MCA in Haryana are:
- Institute of Management and Technology
- ATM Global Business School
- Kurukshetra University
- Chandigarh University
- KR Mangalam University
- Gian Jyoti Institute of Management and Technology
- Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies
- Dronacharya Institute of Management and Technology
- Haryana College of Technology and Management
- Gian Jyoti Institute of Management and Technology
MCA Colleges in Punjab
There are 46 MCA colleges in Punjab that offer MCA course, eight public and 38 private. These universities are on lists like QS (Quacquarelli Symonds), Outlook, and NIRF for the PG programs they offer. The above universities offer both full-time and part-time MCA courses. Its average fee is about INR 50000 to INR 100000 for one year of MCA. Among these colleges some of the best are:
- Chandigarh Engineering College
- GGS College of Modern Technology
- Punjab University
- Amity University
- RIMT University
|BA Course||MA Course|
|BBA Course||MBA Course|
|B.Sc Course||M.Sc Course|
|B.Com Course||M.Com Course|
|BCA Course||MCA Course|
|BSW Course||MSW Course|
|BAF Course||BBM Course|
|B.Tech Course||MSC IT Course|
|BEd Course||PhD Course|
What Are the Benefits of Studying MCA Course?
- Students who are interested in achieving success in the field of technology can enroll in the Master of Computer Application course, which lasts for two years. Obtaining a Master’s degree in Computer Applications opens up countless career opportunities in business and government.
- Each year, the MCA course scope and opportunities are increasing, Recently Government announces 2 Lakh new jobs and expands at a steady rate of 7.7%.
- MCA students have access to a virtually endless pool of employment opportunities across a variety of industries and sectors.
- MCA graduates will be offered an immediate placement with a starting salary of INR 4 lakh per annum.
- Some of the best multinational corporations and information technology companies in the world, such as Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and others, will hire candidates who excel in the MCA program. In the event they land a job with one of these companies, they can expect a starting salary of at least INR 4 to 8.96 LPA, which will increase rapidly.
Scope & Job Opportunities After MCA Course
We are all generally eyeing a job that not only suits us but also offers hands-on experience as well as a handsome package. The modern world of technology does not disappoint us either. Advanced degree programs like MCA have proven to launch thousands of careers by fulfilling requirements quite perfectly.
It has developed individuals into experts in the information technology field. With practical training experience in computer programming, artificial intelligence, and so on., students have successfully fielded themselves in the professional world with high-paying jobs such as IT architect, technical writer, database administrator, web designer, data scientist, etc.
MCA degree holders can enter any of the above job roles with a starting pay package of INR 4 LPA to INR 8.96 LPA. Employed candidates with 3-5 years of experience may earn around INR 9-14 LPA in the IT field.
The PG course is not the final state of education in information technology. Students can go a greater distance to learn some in-depth and highly standard information about the information technology field. The postgraduate degree holders may select courses including MBA in Information Technology, MSc in Machine Learning, MSc in Digital Marketing, MSc in Data Science, PhD in Computer Applications, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ques: Is MCA 2 years or 3 years?
Ans: The MCA Course duration is 2 years.
Ques: Which is better MCA or MBA?
Ans: Both courses are better and it depends on the interest of the students.
Ques: Can I do MCA Course after 12?
Ans: No, to enrol in MCA courses, you have to complete an undergraduate degree from a recognised university.
Ques: What is MCA salary?
Ans: After completing the MCA degree, a student can earn a package of Rs. 4 L to Rs. 8.96 Lakhs per annum.
Ques: What are the qualifications for MCA?
Ans: The qualification for the MCA course is applicants must have a BCA undergraduate degree, BSc IT degree or any relevant degree in the same discipline.
Ques: Can I do MCA with 45% in graduation?
Ans: Yes, you can do MCA course with 45% in your graduation, for further details fill up the application form available at the top of this article and our expert counsellor will contact you.