MCA Course: Master of computer application (MCA) is a PG degree program offered for a minimum duration of two years. The program contains four semesters and stands to prepare students for productive careers in the software industry. The program offers comprehensive knowledge related to computer applications and programming languages. An MCA program guides towards a perfect opportunity for the learning tools that are used in modern computer applications.
Eligibility to get admission to the MCA four-semester PG degree program is a bachelor’s degree in computer application or equivalent. Admissions are typically offered on qualifying exam scores. However, Some universities conduct entrance exams for the admission to MCA two-year degree program.
The Computer Application program provides theoretical and application-driven subjects such as mathematics foundation, operating systems, web technology, data & file structure, business program lab, statistical computing, CASE tools, network programming, industrial project, optimization techniques, and more. The program is divided into core and elective subjects. The course structure includes VI Semesters, Core Subjects, Elective Subjects, Practical Work, Individual projects, Group projects, Seminar, and Workshops.
After passing the MCA PG degree from a reputed UGC approved institution, students can give even more strength to the information technology-oriented academic profile. Available options for the PG degree in Computer applications holder include ME Computer Science & Engineering, BE/BTech, Ph.D., and more. Given options, eligibility, average fees, and more can be obtained in the following parts.
The pg degree in computer application can give some true stars to the professional careers as Software Developer, Hardware Engineer, Data Scientist, Technical Writer, Business Analyst, etc. The average salary of MCA professionals can be seen between 3-8 LPA.
Applicants would get detailed information on the MCA admission, fee, eligibility, etc. in the following sections of the article.
MCA Course Highlights
|Course||Master of Computer Applications|
|Duration||2 to 3 Years|
|Type||Online, Part-time, Full-Time|
|Fee||Rs 55,000 to Rs 2.5 Lacs|
|Eligibility||BCA or any related degree with 45% marks are eligible to apply|
What is MCA?
The MCA program teaches students an in-depth and comprehensive understanding of the diverse features of digital apps. Learners can learn about each aspect there is to know about data structures, and mathematics, hardware, software, and networking while studying IT, etc.
MCA courses might be a great educational decision for the long term since MCA students will be primarily employed in the IT sector which is anticipated to increase by 2.3 percent in 2021 only. Likewise, India continues to be the leading supplier of IT solutions and offshoring, resulting in a consistent supply of work opportunities for MCA students.
What is the full form of MCA?
MCA stands for Master of Computer Application. Computer applications and technology are advanced courses within this program. IT professionals can take these courses to prepare for careers. Implementing programming languages is one of the topics covered in the course. Students participate in internship and training programs at the end of each semester. There are 4 semesters in the course.
How much does an MCA earn on average?
MCA graduates typically earn between 3 and 5 lakhs per year. High skills and experience are associated with higher salaries, irrespective of the field or stream of study. With room for growth, MCA graduates can expect to earn between 9 and 10 lakhs per annum.
MCA Course Quick Details
- MCA is an abbreviation for Masters of Computer Application.
- The MCA programme lasts three years and is open to candidates from various fields. The MCA program will last two years for BCA graduates.
- The MCA program is accessible in full-time, distance, and online learning formats.
- Applicants can complete the MCA Online program using sites such as Coursera and Alison. Aside from that, individuals can enroll in an e-learning platform at the University of Mysore or Amity University.
- The MCA curriculum is divided into four academic sessions, with the topics discussed being Java Programming, Data and File Structures, C Programming, etc.
- VIT Vellore, University of Calcutta, NIT Trichy, and many more are among the leading MCA institutes in India.
- Working adults who want to seek MCA for career enhancement through Correspondence Courses.
- Individuals with a 50 per cent or higher in their pertinent bachelor’s degree may undertake the program.
- Acceptance to the MCA course is based on a qualifying examination or an admission test, and the majority of successful universities accept applications based on admission tests.
- Aside from the MCA class, aspirants frequently tend to favour undertaking a BCA + MCA Inclusive Class that also enables them to accomplish their journey in the same semester without thinking about admittance after a bachelor’s degree.
- This study’s most important standardized tests are MAH MCA, NIMCET, IPU CET, and TANCET.
- In India, the mean tuition cost varies from INR 30K to INR 2 LPA.
- Aspirants who wish to attend a foreign university can choose from various subjects with academic results comparable to the MCA class. The elite universities in overseas nations, on the other hand, cost between INR 10 and INR 35 lacs per year.
Why Study MCA after 12th?
- MCA is a two-year postgraduate degree programme available to students who want to succeed in the technological world. Master of Computer Applications programs is flourishing, with multiple chances available in both the private and public areas.
- The MCA employment market is thriving, with 20,5000 growth prospects for employment added annually, a 7.7 percent average increase.
- MCA applicants get an abundance of employment options in a wide range of sectors of the economy and career paths.
- Aspirants who complete MCA would be placed quickly with a basic wage of INR 4 lacs per annum.
- Good potential MCA aspirants can indeed anticipate being given a job by world-class Multinational enterprises and IT firms like Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and others, with a starting wage of INR 13 LPA that will expand dramatically with time.
Who Should Pursue MCA?
- Individuals looking for a career as computer programmers must enroll in the MCA programme. The majority of MCA degree holders work in software and application training projects.
- Students willing to collaborate in the IT sector must enroll in the MCA program.
- Employed adults who want to improve their career and promotion opportunities can undertake MCA programs online.
- MCA courses are also pursued by aspirants who aspire to operate as UI Developers.
- Students who have passed their BCA degree can enroll in the MCA programme to advance their careers.
- Anyone from other related disciplines who would like to switch careers can also apply for the MCA initiative.
When to pursue MCA?
- Upon completing the BCA curriculum, applicants can quickly begin the MCA programme. It is generally a good idea to obtain useful expertise after completing the BCA training prior to actually pursuing postgraduate studies.
- The MCA curriculum is very extensive, with assessment being a method that has both practical and theoretical lessons. As a result, aspirants must only enroll in the subject whether they have enough time to prepare correctly.
- Applicants must aim to perform well in the admissions test since a degree from a great university, as in an NIT, is much more valuable than one from a private university.
All about MCA Course
The MCA program offers fundamental practical and theoretical experience in all areas of computer applications, including hardware studies, networking, software engineering, etc. Various subjects taught in this course are Discrete Mathematics, Operating Systems, C programming, Web Technologies, Digital Electronics and microprocessors, Computer Applications, etc.
The mean MCA program tuition at a public university varies from INR 1500 to INR 30000, but the program fee at a private university might vary from INR 30000 to INR 200000. MCA Staff is paid between INR 2 to INR 6 LPA and could go up to INR 13 lacs per year based on the student’s expertise, talents, and educational qualifications.
Types of MCA Course
Aside from a standard MCA journey, Learners can take an MCA program online or through range learning.
Full-Time MCA is a course with an average duration of three years, and it is the most common type of MCA course offered in India. The number of institutes providing MCA full-time learnings is more than the part-time or distance institutes.
Students who complete the full-time MCA program are placed in various employment roles in the IT sector, including Networking Professionals, Frontend Developers, Web Designers, Backend Developers, and many others.
A part-Time MCA degree can be pursued by working adults who are busy in their professional life and cannot attend full-time classes. Students can pursue MCA at a number of different Indian institutes. It provides numerous perks to learners; they become able to attend classes with less time and reasonable tuition fees.
The online MCA program is available in India at various private institutes. Millions of young students and professional workers in India have chosen online tutoring over the decades since they have limited schedules, locations, or resources. A few of the benefits of MCA Online Classes include:
- With lesser acceptance rates, the standard of tuition reduces, as do the odds and ends expenses of purchasing texts, which the university covers.
- Several institutions offer MCA Online Tutoring, giving students additional learning resources to pick among.
- MCA online class helps you acquire a degree in computer technologies without attending university or lecture classes.
MCA Admission 2022
Admission to MCA Course has started at various universities & institutes in India for session 2022. The course is available in many modes, including online, part-time, distance & regular. Generally, Admission to MCA courses is conducted via national or state-level entrance tests such as MAH CET, IPU CET, etc. Students must fulfil all the eligibility criteria for the program. Many Institutes conduct admission for two sessions (January & July).
- Students must sign up themselves on the webpage of the university, college, or entrance test portal.
- Therefore, the applicants are asked to enter their info and attach the paperwork in the exact dimension and layout.
- Students must reimburse the registration fee and print an invoice in the prescribed format upon submitting it.
- Following that, applicants must print their hall tickets and sit for the admission test.
- Guidance for seat allocation is obtained in different affiliated colleges with that higher education institutions. Getting admission after an allotment of seats in counselling.
MCA Course Eligibility Criteria
- To be eligible for MCA programmes, students must remember certain fundamentals. When applying for the standard MCA programme, students should keep the following in mind:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science from a reputable university is required.
- Furthermore, the candidate must have a minimum grade point average of 60% in their undergraduate studies. MCA programmes are also available to undergraduate students in their final year.
- However, there are no difficult requirements to qualify for distance learning for the same course. You must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in any relevant field with a minimum aggregate percentile to be eligible.
- Mathematics is required among the topics in the 12th standard.
Is MCA the right path for me?
The Master of Computer Applications (MCA) is a very promising career path. MCAs specialize in information technology. Information technology has a wide range of applications. Furthermore, the jobs in this course are exceptionally well-paying. MCA graduates have a lot of job opportunities in the digital sector.
Some of the best paying jobs for new graduates are in the IT, networking, software, and programming fields. Salaries increase as one’s skills improve. It is, therefore, always a good idea to choose MCA as a study option.
MCA Entrance Exams 2022
Aside from direct access, MCA degree candidates must suggest the required entrance exams to enter a prestigious college.
IPU CET: IPU CET is an entrance exam at the university level for admittance to MCA and various other Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs in Engineering, Medicine, Dentistry, Law, and Management. This exam is taken once a year, and 150 minutes are given for solving it.
MAH MCA CET: It is also a common entrance test conducted for MCA admissions. Students need at least 50% to meet the eligibility for appearing in this exam. The registrations for MAH MCA CET will start in June 2022.
UPCET: Students who wish to pursue MCA and various other courses at the universities of UP will have to qualify for the Uttara Pradesh Common Entrance Test or UPCET.
TANCET: It stands for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test held once every year. The MCA admissions 2022 through TANCET will begin in March 2022, and TANCET is expected to be conducted in the last weeks of March 2022.
VIT MEE: Vellore Institute of Science and Technology is the conducting body for the VIT MEE exam. This is conducted nationwide for courses like MCA, M-Tech, and other Ph.D. integrated courses.
MCA Entrance Exam Syllabus
MCA entrance exam is almost the same for admissions in various Universities. Maths & Statistics, Computer Concepts, English Comprehension & Verbal Ability, and Logical/ Abstract Reasoning are the four sections of the MCA entrance exam Syllabus. Students are given 100 questions for solving in almost 120 to 150 minutes, and all given questions are in MCQ format.
MCA Course Specializations
Master of Computer Application or MCA courses is also offered in various specializations at many institutes in India. The criteria to get into these specializations are the same.
MCA in Networking
Networking involves setting up a computer network that communicates with one another using specialized networking standards in an IT environment. MCAs with this specialization are in high demand in the nation’s rapidly expanding IT sector.
MCA in Application Software
The application software specialization for MCA course prepares one to be a software developer for the India’s growing market of apps. In this field, one will develop applications for online and mobile platforms that benefit businesses and simplify users’ lives.
MCA in Software Development
This specialization focuses on software development. During software development, one learn how to create different types of software. Creating software and systems that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of IT have always been the primary goal of software.
MCA in Cloud Computing
Master of Computer Application or MCA in Cloud Computing includes three majorly used platforms AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud. The course duration may change. It is a deal for students or working professionals who want to learn the experience of Cloud computing.
MCA Distance Education
The MCA Distance Learning courses consist of six semesters, and the limitation period varies between 3 and 6 years. This program is meant for new learners while live far away from the educational place.
Individuals who desire to pursue MCA by distance mode can do so under the Remote educational intervention. Several institutions, including Manipal, IGNOU, and others, provide the MCA programme in this format.
Distance MCA Admission Process
- Admissions to the distance MCA courses at all educational institutes are made via merit, and entrance exams are not taken in this type of educational admission.
- Maths must be the main topic of study in 12th grade
- Aspirants who have passed the BCA Program are qualified to participate in MCA.
- Candidates from all disciplines, including science, commerce, and arts, are encouraged to apply.
- Eligibility Criteria in all distance learning institutes can vary a little.
MCA Course Syllabus
The Master of Computer Applications programme lasts three years and is separated into four academic sessions. Classroom lessons, practicals, and group projects are part of the MCA curriculum. The most important part of the MCA programme that is available in the operation task.
The last session of the Master’s Program in Computer Applications curriculum is all about project work, and special skills are also learned in this session.
It’s the first year of the MCA programme, and it covers things like Programming in C and Data Structure Lab. Other things covered are Object-Oriented Programming in C++, Discrete Mathematical Structure, Business Systems, Computer Organization & Architecture, and so on.
During the second year, you’ll learn about operating systems and systems software as well as graphics, multimedia, statistics and numerical techniques, intelligent systems, advanced database lab, and many other things. In the third year of the programme, some elective subjects, small projects, and seminars are added to the syllabus.
MCA Colleges in Delhi
Delhi is widely regarded as the capital city as the greatest place to study, prepare for exams, and find work. Throughout each specialty, Delhi offers some of the top universities. In Delhi NCR, there are approximately 157 MCA campuses, and there are 19 public colleges and 138 private colleges among these. As per India Today, the ideal institution for computer applications is Amity University, ranked fifth. MCA course fee at Amity University is around 2 LPA. The academic institutions in the Delhi NCR are among the leading 20 on India Today’s ranking of the greatest 100 academic institutions.
MCA Colleges in Mumbai
In Mumbai, there are 24 colleges that offer MCA programs, 19 of which are private and five that are public. And according to a lot of different rankings, NarseeMonjee Institute of Management Studies is the best MCA school in Mumbai. This institution provides MCA university courses full-time, part-time, and online. Other MCA Academic institutions in Mumbai include KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, the University of Mumbai, and SIES College of Management Studies. Candidates who want to go to the best MCA academies in Mumbai must take the state-level entrance test, the MAH MCA CET.
MCA Colleges in Bangalore
Nearly seven public and 61 private colleges in Bangalore offer MCA programmes. Christ University, RV College of Engineering, Bangalore Institute of Technology (BIT), BMS College of Engineering, Kristu Jayanti College, and BMS College of Engineering are some of the best universities to study MCA in Bangalore. In order to get into these kinds of academies, students have to pass entrance exams and prove that they have the right skills. MCA admissions are based on scores from the Karnataka PGCET, the Jain Entrance Exam, and the KMAT.
MCA Colleges in Hyderabad
There are 46 MCA universities in Hyderabad, eight public and 38 private. Among these universities, Hyderabad University has been named the best university in the city for MCA programmes. It isn’t only the best MCA university in Hyderabad. Osmania University, JNTUH Hyderabad, and Vasavi College are also some of the best. These universities are on lists like QS (Quacquarelli Symonds), Outlook, and NIRF for the PG programs they offer. The above universities offer both full-time or part-time MCA courses. Its average fee is about INR 50000 to INR 100000 for one year of MCA.