BBA Course: The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is a three-year UG degree program. A six-semester program is designed to offer a grip on the functional aspects associated with organizations, and their branches. The degree develops the learners’ managerial, practical, and communication skills. Further, it also assists to evolve a capability of decision making. BBA offers various core subjects that incorporate practical, and training experiences. A business administration program “BBA” is structured in the form of presentations, case projects, internships, interactions, industrial visits, etc.
Humanities, Science, or Commerce passed students in the 12th with related subjects can apply to the BBA program. Marks requirements differ from college to college for admission. The average course fee for BBA three-year degree program is INR 12,650 – INR 52,000. A yearly fee can be deposited by using Debit Card, Credit Card, or any other offered option.
The General degree of BBA possesses core and elective subjects. Core subjects of this degree have financial, accounting, marketing essentials, business law, HRM, marketing, entrepreneurship, and more. A BBA elective list of subjects includes operational & marketing research, security analysis, digital marketing, retail management, advanced sales, advanced distribution, e-commerce, etc. The program contains a four-semester, internship, elective & core subjects, and submission of the project.
Some of the best courses after completing the BBA program include MBA, PGDM, CA, MMS, PGD in Banking, etc. Individuals can apply to these courses by obtaining significant information such as eligibility, fees, entrance, and more in the following section of the article.
The degree of BBA will also benefit the individuals in professional terms. BBA graduates can start a sound career in well-honoured organizations such as ISRO, BHEL, DRDO, etc. BBA professionals can work with the profile as Business Development Executive, Travel & Tourism Manager, Brand Manager, etc. The salary package of the BBA professional goes from INR 5 LPA – INR 9 LPA.
Applicants will need to read the complete article to grab more information about BBA Course and admission.
What is BBA Course?
BBA is the abbreviation for the Bachelor of Business Administration. The syllabus of BBA is organized in a way to enhance the skills of business administration in students. Which subjects are there in BBA? The important BBA course subjects are Banking & Insurance, Management Accounting, and Ethics at Workplace, Human Behaviour, Macroeconomics, and Principals of Management.
BBA is a program that is specifically tailored to meet the demands of industry and the marketplace. Top positions are offered to students after this course. One can continue his/her studies in streams such as MBA in Marketing, MBA in HR, and MBA in Finance, at the postgraduate level.
BBA Course Details Key features
- Bachelor of Business Administration is the full form of BBA.
- The admission criteria of BBA programs are designed to be based on both the merit and entrance exams.
- The IPU CET, NPAT, DU JAT, and other such entrance exams are conducted for the BBA.
- As per the ranking of NIRF, the ICFAI Hyderabad, SSCBS New Delhi, NMIMS Mumbai, IIM Rohtak, etc., are the top BBA colleges.
- The five years long BBA dual degree program such as BA LLB is also available and is taught separately from regular BBA.
- Students who have financial and time constraints can pursue part-time or distance degree programs.
- About INR 20K to 60K is the average annual fee for Distance BBA Course, which is affordable for students working part-time.
- IGNOU offers a three years distance BBA Course with an average fee of INR 60K.
- Some specializations such as HR, Marketing, and Finance are chosen by most of the students.
- INR 50K to 2 lacs is the range of the BBA course fee. Such degree holders can earn a salary package of INR 2 to INR 8 lacs per annum.
- Students can be employed in positions such as Event Manager, Travel& Tourism Manager, Marketing Associate, and Business Development Executive.
BBA Admission Process 2022
Everyone desiring to study at Top BBA colleges can apply for BBA degree admission. The Application forms for the BBA course will soon be available. Both merit-based and entrance exam performance are the foundations for giving enrolment. Many colleges only consider the previous merit, excluding the entrance exam.
The marks secured by the individuals at the 12th class level are the basis for direct admission to BBA. In almost every college offering BBA admission, the eligibility criteria of having at least 50% marks are the set eligibility criteria. Loyola College, JD Birla Institute, Mount Carmel College, Madras Cristian College, and others are among the colleges that have adapted to the system of direct entries in their Bachelor of Business Administration programs.
Various national entrance exams are conducted in the country for BBA. Top BBA entry exams are MUMCET, IPU CET, UPSEE, and soon.The entrance exams such as DU JAT, NPAT, SET, and others are conducted by the universities such as SSCBS, Christ University, and Anil Surendra Modi School of Commerce SVKMS NMIMS.
BBA Courses: What You Need to Know?
The majority of BBA programs are market-driven. Graduates get well-paying jobs after completing the course. The salary ranges from INR 2,500 to 10,000. After completing a BBA, students can pursue an MBA in finance, human resources, or marketing.
An undergraduate degree program in business administration is the Bachelor of Business Administration. During this three-year course, students learn business subjects and develop their entrepreneurial and managerial skills. Taking a BBA program allows you to choose from various specializations. Human Resources, Marketing, and Finance are key specializations. The program is open to students from all disciplines, including science, commerce, and the arts.
- Admissions to the BBA Course are based on both entrance tests and merit.
- Standard BBA entrance examinations include University exams CET, DU JAT, and NPAT.
- Best BBA Course Institutes in India include NMIMS Maharashtra, SSCBS Delhi, IIM Rohtak, and the Department of biotechnology Hyderabad.
- There are some Integrated BBA Courses like BBA LLB & BBA MBA that last up to 5 years and teach both programs.
- Students who cannot attend a normal BBA degree due to time or budget restrictions can study BBA online education.
- An Online BBA course costs roughly INR 20,000 to INR 60,000, which is less than a conventional BBA.
- Computer Applications, International Business, Tourism, Marketing, human resource management, and economics are all BBA specializations.
- BBA Course fees range from INR 50,000 to 2 LPA, while average yearly salaries range from INR 2 to 10 LPA.
- Corporate Development Director, Advertising Assistant, Travel etc.
- Students can obtain their Master’s degree by pursuing BBA abroad.
BBA Admission 2022 is going to be organized through merit and entrance exam performance. In India, leading BBA colleges are found in Bangalore, Kolkata, Delhi, Pune, and Mumbai. The Whistling Woods, SP Jain, etc., are the famous BBA colleges in Mumbai.
Types of BBA Course
Owing to the ever-increasing demand for education in BBA, many colleges have developed in India to facilitate such students. It is now being offered in the distance, online, or part-time mode.
BBA Full-Time Course
BBA Full-time course is a key to getting a successful career in Management. This is completed at the UG level in about three years. Thousands of students in India opt for the regular mode of the BBA program.
- There are both types of methods adopted for admission the entrance exam or merit type admission. The NPAT, DU JAT, and IPU CET are the top popular entrance exams for BBA.
- Students can pursue BBA specializations such as BBA LLB, BBA Banking and Insurance, BBA International Business, BBA HRM, etc.
- The SP Jain Institute of Management & Research, Gargi College, and Shailesh J Mehta School of Management are the BBA colleges. The average fee amount charged for BBA is INR 3 to INR 6 LPA.
The Part-time BBA is a regular BBA course at the UG level and is completed in 3 years. There is no need to appear in the class physically, as mandatory for regular courses, which makes learning easier.
Those aspirants who are not able to take regular classes can find part-time BBA as an ideal course. There is not much difference in the study curriculum of BBA in full-time and part-time mode.
In top BBA Part-time Indian Colleges, the range of course fees lies between INR 45000 to INR 60000 annually.
Online BBA Course
BBA online was created to give individuals an opportunity to understand the fundamentals of business management and implement their theory in practice through the use of simulated quality education.
- The curriculum covers Retail Management, Human resources & Management, Business and Communication, Organizational Behaviour, Management Skills, and many others.
- Online BBA classes are less expensive than traditional BBA classes. The mean cost for an online BBA program would be around INR 27,000.
- In Online BBA, one can also choose any related specialization.
BBA Course Admission 2022
Each University in India conducts its entrance exam or accepts the national or regional entrance exam score to offer BBA admission. BBA admission is also directly offered based on merit in many colleges. In a variety of Indian colleges, admission for BBA course is going on for the academic session 2022. Applications for BBA admission can be submitted by choosing any of the available specializations.
The admission process starts with the written exam and ends with issuing a merit list after the counselling round. After completing the 12th class, you can also get admission to some colleges directly without an entrance exam.
BBA course admission into IMTS Institute is going on for the 2022-23 session and aspiring students are needed to fill out the registration form listed above on the page.
All About BBA Course
The BBA program is designed to provide students with essential entrepreneurial and management abilities. Students from any stream can apply and learn these skills. Such important skills are equally important in various disciplines such as Marketing, Finance, and Human resources. All this is done through the training provided through this course for management and business administration.
Top institutes like IIM Indore, IIM Rohtak, and NMIMS Mumbai offer integrated five-year BBA+MBA degree programmes in addition to the three-year BBA. Delhi University will accept CUCET scores for BBA admissions beginning in the academic cycle 2022-23. IIM Indore offers IPM AT, NMIMS University offers NPAT, Symbiosis University offers SET for BBA admission, etc. Many other top BBA colleges in India offer BBA admission based on an entrance exam or the student’s academic profile. There are many BBA colleges in India, but this article by MBAUniverse.com discusses the top BBA colleges in India, BBA Fees, Exam Accepted, and Eligibility Criteria.
Why choose BBA Course After 12th?
- Can I do BBA after the 12th? Students are welcome to build a career in the business field immediately after completing their 12th class.
- The experience gained by such students is of immense importance as they are instantly hired for top positions.
- If a student cannot study higher-level courses such as MBA, he/she can complete BBA easily. In this way, they can save time and money as the fees at the PG level are much higher.
- BBA must be obtained by the students even though they will pursue an MBA degree, as the BBA degree will provide them with a baseline for their MBA degree.
- There are many chances to interact with MBA seniors to gain knowledge and experience from them.
Who Should Pursue BBA Course?
When you start something, it is very important to have some skills related to that field. The things we need to know before pursuing BBA are given as:
- Who can choose the BBA course? Those passionate about being a part of the Management sector are very well suitable for pursuing this degree. The BBA course requires a 10+2 level education from a recognised board of India.
- After completing this BBA course, students can become successful entrepreneurs or can even start their own business companies.
- Individuals who are sincere in making their careers bright can take this degree BBA program as the right choice.
- BBA degree is helpful to candidates for gaining knowledge about new trends and requirements of the business globe. To enter the sector of marketing, the skills acquired through BBA are important.
- It is advised to do this course for students who will pursue BBA in the future or serve the nation through business strategies.
When to Pursue BBA Course?
- The right time to pursue the BBA degree program is just after completing a 10+2 level degree.
- Those who want to be experts in the management sector and desire to take management studies will take this course as the stepping stone.
- BBA will enhance the core understanding of each subject included in the syllabus, and this will be a good choice for further continuing to study MBA.
- The demand in the last years has risen for BBA courses, thus has generated job opportunities in the private and public industries.
BBA Course Eligibility Criteria
- In all colleges offering BBA degrees, it has been the mandatory requirement to have at least a qualification of 12th class for taking admission to BBA.
- The minimum marks that are required to be secured by a candidate are 50 per cent of the total. Some colleges demand at least 60 per cent.
- The age limit for general candidates is about 17 to 22 years; however, for SC/ST categories, the age must be between 17 and 24.
BBA Entrance Exam 2022
There is a number of entrance exams for the BBA Course which is widely accepted by many Universities & Colleges. Few are listed below:
- NMIMS NPAT: For admission to UG and integrated degree courses an entrance exam named NPAT is organized by the NareseeMonjee Institute of Management Studies. Students can appear in this exam after completing the intermediate. The only criteria to appear in this course other than qualification is your age must not be more than 25 years.
- IPU CET: If anyone wants to get admission in IPU and affiliated colleges for getting a BBA degree, then he/she will have to appear in the IPU CET.
- DU JAT: This is an entrance exam to grant BBA admission. Its criteria include candidates must be 12th passed having a least of 50% marks.
BBA Entrance Exam Syllabus
There are four sections in the BBA entrance exam: General Awareness, Reasoning, English Proficiency or English Language, and Quantitative or Numerical Ability. Negative marking is applicable in this entrance exam. If you select the right answer, you will (+3 marks. On selection of a wrong answer, your marks will be deducted by -1. The marking patterns can be different in some colleges.
BBA Course Subjects
The syllabus of BBA includes subjects such as Statistics, Business Economics, Organizational Behavior, Principal of Management, Business Mathematics, and others. To impart entrepreneurial and managerial skills in students is the main goal of studying such subjects. Based on the chosen specialization, BBA Course subjects can vary. Some important disciplines for BBA are Marketing & Sales, Finance, Human Resource Management, International Business, and soon.
BBA Distance Education
BBA via Distance Education is very much facilitating to students who want to take classes at their homes or could not attend regular classes due to any reason. The Madras University, TNOU, and IGNOU are the ideal institutions for taking a BBA Distance degree course. Students will get admission in merit criteria that are based on a minimum level of 50 percentile marks.
Distance BBA Admission Process
Distance mode studies are available for BBA. Several leading Universities such as IGNOU, Madras University, and others are running distance BBA courses. Below is given the admission process for BBA such that:
The eligibility criteria of a student for BBA admission is a 12th-level qualification. BBA admission is offered directly without conducting any entrance exam. Distance Education for BBA in some colleges is just provided with the submission of the application.
BBA Colleges in Delhi
In Delhi, around 150 BBA colleges exist. BBA can be completed in the BBA Delhi colleges with an average course fee of INR 4 to INR 6 LPA. Students can also continue their BBA courses along with the MBA courses. Many colleges are offering these courses simultaneously. Many colleges in Delhi are affiliated with Delhi University and offer BBA admission via DU JAT score.
BBA Colleges in Mumbai
Mumbai has almost 105 colleges as a whole, which include almost 21 public and 84 private colleges. BBA can be pursued in any of these colleges since, according to the BIRF rankings, NMIMS is the top BBA College in Mumbai. The annual average BBA fee at NMIMS is about INR 3,82,600. BBA Mumbai colleges offer full-time BBA and also integrated BBA with LLB.
BBA Colleges in Bangalore
There are 167 colleges in which one can pursue BBA courses. In these colleges, 23 are public, and 144 are private. Bangalore has a top institute that offers BBA in both regular and distance learning modes. Some of the top colleges in Bangalore are Mount Carmel College, GIBS Business School, Christ University, and others. The average BBA fee in the Bangalore colleges ranges from INR 1.15 to 6 LPA.
BBA Colleges in Hyderabad
Hyderabad has some top BBA colleges where BBA courses are provided in many specializations. St. Josephs Degree & PG College, GITAM Business School, and ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education are top-ranked BBA colleges in Hyderabad as per the ranking list of every agency. There are almost 44 BBA colleges where INR 2.36 LPA is the course fee.