MBA Shipping and Port Management Course: The Master of Business Administration in Shipping and Port Management program is designed to teach students safe routes for cargo management, distribution of goods and services via ships, and much more. The fascinating postgraduate degree program—MBA Shipping and Port Management—has a common duration of 2 years like any other PG degree program. The degree should be completed in commerce or a related discipline with a minimum 50% score. Master of Business Administration degree program in Shipping and Port Management fees range from INR 13,000 to INR 56,000 per year.
MBA Shipping and Port Management degree completions aid graduates in finding employment in the following fields: port operations, container yard management, shipping corporations, port planning and development, transportation and logistics companies, and so on. The job positions and salary packages are provided in the scope section of this post. MBA in Port and Shipping Management is a two-year postgraduate programme. It teaches processes and administration techniques. Students learn about complex administration, structural reforms, and industrial laws in the field. This profession requires precision and precautions, which it emphasises.
- This course requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum aggregate score of 50%. Success in the training requires good communication and a nice demeanour
- CAT, MAT, and XAT scores and personal interviews determine programme admission. MBA Port and Shipping Management in India costs INR 80,000–6,00,000 each year, depending on the institution.
- Students can earn INR 5–8 lakh per year after graduation. Field experience raises salaries. Port Manager, Operations Manager, Yard Manager, and Port Planning and Development Officer are available.
- The programme offers different employment options and higher education like PhD in Port and Shipping Management or PhD in Supply Chain Management. This MBA programme prepares students for a successful career in port and shipping management.
In the sections that follow, students will acquire information, through headings and subheadings, in a detailed manner about the postgraduate MBA program in Shipping and Port Management.
To opt for this course, certain eligibility criteria students will have to fulfill. Students who have qualified for their bachelor’s examinations in any relevant background with at least the required marks 45% aggregate from a good university will be eligible to avail the opportunity to pursue this course.
The fee of the MBA in Shipping and Port Management course is about INR 20,000 to INR 60,000 per semester this is probably a typical fee structure of central or state universities, including private universities or institutes. The fee will differ from university to university, depending on the resources and benefits, and quality of education offered by the official to its students.
The first step to take admission to this course is to clear numerous entrance tests such as GMAT, CAT, MAT, XAT, and so on. Those students who are not able to attempt any entrance exam can apply at the IMTS institute. IMTS does not even require entrance tests and suggests candidates distance learning online.
Admission Latest Updates
- Currently, Registration is open for the MBA Shipping and Port Management course at IMTS Institute for session 2023-24. Those who want to take admission must apply before the deadline of 30 November 2023. Apply Now
- William Carry University has commenced the Master of Business Administration for the 2023-24 academic session. The last date to register is 30 November 2023.
What is an MBA Shipping and Port Management Course?
Master of Business Administration in Shipping and Port Management is a postgraduate program that has a specific duration of two years. The aim of this course is to impart an individual strategy of shipping and port management, port business activities, marine shipping, transportation, management, and planning and increase various skills as well.
- The Master of Business Administration in Port and Shipping Management programme admits students via entrance exams or merit-based selection.
- Top Port and Shipping Management Recruitment Companies like Maersk Line, Essar Shipping, Shipping Corporation of India, GE Shipping, Maritime Pvt. Limited, Global Offshore, and more.
- Prospective students should investigate the Master of Business Administration in Port and Shipping Management program’s specifics, eligibility requirements, admission processes, and placement opportunities.
- The MBA in Port and Shipping Management requires a valid bachelor’s degree from a recognised college or university. The minimum aggregate score is usually 35%. This course requires good communication skills, an attractive personality, and academic qualifications.
- CAT, MAT, XAT, and other entrance tests determine MBA in Port & Shipping Management admission. Candidates may be interviewed after passing the entrance exam.
MBA Shipping and Port Management Course Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who are interested in enrolling in MBA Shipping and Port Management from any UGC-approved university must clear the eligibility criteria set by the universities. We mentioned the eligibility for this program, students can go through the following.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any stream e.g., arts/science/commerce from an approved university.
- The minimum percentage for an opportunity to get admission to MBA Shipping and Port Management course is 45% and 40% for general and SC/ST/PWD categories.
- Most universities conduct or approve admission on the performance of qualifying, and entrance exams (both).
- Some popular entrance examinations for admission to MBA Shipping and Port Management courses include XAT/CAT/MAT or CMAT.
- Qualified candidates are summoned to counseling or personal interview sessions.
MBA Shipping and Port Management Course Fees Structure
Postgraduate degrees in MBA Shipping and Port Management typically cost between INR 20,000 and INR 60,000 semester-wise at central, private, and other universities. Alternatively, students can enroll in the Distance MBA Shipping and Port Management program for only 40,000 Indian rupees.
|BA Course||BBA Course|
|BCOM Course||BCA Course|
|BSC Course||BBM Course|
|BTech Course||BEd Course|
|BAF Course||BSW Course|
|MBA Course||MCA Course|
|MCom Course||MSC Course|
|MSW Course||MA Course|
MBA Shipping and Port Management Course Study Modes
There are a total of three ways of studying the MBA Shipping and Port Management program, which are online, distance, and regular. All three modes hold advantages to aid students successfully completing the MBA degree program. We are going to cover every important information that one should know before choosing mentioned modes of education. Here, we will also share some names of universities and approximate fees in the associated learning modules.
Online MBA Shipping and Port Management Course
If anyone is interested in regular learning for the MBA Shipping and Port Management program. But, kicked out his/her dream because an engaged schedule would love the ONLINE mode of education. Students cannot only study quite similarly to the conventional mode, but that is also from the comfort of their homes or anywhere in the world. It would not be required to have a physical presence on the college campus.
The study materials of the MBA Shipping and Port Management course will remain available on the online portal of the University around the clock to aid students to continue studying easily. The semester-wise fees of the MBA Shipping and Port Management course are INR 13,000 to INR 56,000.
Distance MBA Shipping and Port Management Course
Distance learning has evolved as a suitable option to grow in knowledge for MBA Shipping and Port Management courses. Students living in rural India or someone with a weak background would definitely like to enroll in the MBA distance education course. The semester-wise varies in various open and distance universities from INR 11,000 to INR 23,000.
Top Distance Education Courses in India
Regular MBA Shipping and Port Management Course
The regular learning opportunity is something that none wants to leave if he/she desires to get standard education, and skills alongside. MBA regular degree program in Shipping and Port Management allows students to study the coursework in the ideal environment where fellow students and professors are available. The environment does a lot because it allows learners for communicating and interact regularly.
Candidates have a list of universities for the MBA Shipping and Port Management regular degree program. The average one-year fee of MBA specialized degree rovers from INR 65,000 to INR 2.3 Lacs.
What After MBA Shipping and Port Management Course?
- Scope of the MBA Port and Shipping Management students has various job options as well as higher education.
- After graduation, students can pursue PhD and research programs in the same field of education.
- Students can take competitive examinations to get jobs in shipping and ports Government sector organizations.
- MBA Port and Shipping Management graduate can work in the private sector at various top job profiles such as Port Manager, Shipping Manager, Port Planning and Development Officer, Operations Manager, Operations and Port Management Officers in Merchant Navy, Yard Officer, etc.
MBA Shipping and Port Management Employment Areas
- Port management & Charting
- Cargo Handling Firms
- Import and Export Firms
- Logistics Management
- Marine Economics and Insurance
- Defence Departments
- Clearing and Forwarding Companies
- Shipping Companies
- International Trade & Commerce
- Shipping Laws
MBA Shipping and Port Management Course Syllabus
- Port and Shipping Industry Accounting
- Business Communication
- Port and Terminal Management
- Economics Management and Decision
- Quantitative Methods
- Organizational Behavior
- International Maritime Transport
- Principles and Practices of Management
- Operations Management
- IT Application in Port and Shipping
- Marketing Management
- Maritime Economics
- Program Elective
- Shop Brokering and Chartering
- Liner and Multimodal Transport Management
- Executive Communication
- Open Electives / Industry Visit
- Port and Shipping Financial Management
- Business Research Methods
- Human Resource Management
- Bunkering Management
- Ship Agency Management
- Strategic Management
- Executive Communication Pro
- International Trade Operations and Documentation
- Port Planning
- Project Management and Contract Administration
- Open Elective II
- Program Elective II
- Summer Internship
Trending Online Courses in India 2023
|Online BA||Online MA|
|Online BBA||Online MBA|
|Online BCA||Online MCA|
|Online BSC||Online MCOM|
|Online BCOM||Online Diploma|
- Maritime HSE Management
- Marine Law
- Customer Relationship Management
- Dissertation II
FAQs of MBA Shipping and Port Management Course
Q What study modes are available for the MBA in Shipping and Port Management Course?
Ans Students who are looking for the study modes for the course. Then, we want to say that three modes are available: Online MBA, Distance Mode, and Regular Mode.