MBA Shipping and Port Management Course: MBA Shipping and Port Management is a professional degree program offered in various private, central, and state universities for a duration of two years. The course was created to provide sufficient knowledge and quality skills needed in the management of shipping, and logistics. The Shipping and Port Management master’s degree program includes a subjective and practice-based study of business communication, management fundamentals, marketing principles, organizational behavior, etc.
Students can continue their academic and professional journeys after completing the MBA Shipping and Port Management degree program. An MBA degree unlocks research or higher education opportunities through online/distance education. This article’s section “Study Modes” will fully explain both distance and online modes of education.
The advanced degree in shipping and port management opens employment options in the following roles such as port manager, port development officer, operations manager, yard manager, etc. The average earning of MBA Shipping and Port Management based professionals are seen from INR 8.40 LPA to INR 14.4 LPA.
To opt for this course mentioned certain eligibility criteria students will have to fulfill. Students who have qualified for their bachelor’s examinations in any relevant background with at least the required marks 45% aggregate from a good university will be eligible to avail the opportunity to pursue this course.
The fee of the MBA in Shipping and Port Management course is about INR 20,000 to INR 60,000 per semester this is probably a typical fee structure of central or state universities including private universities or institutes. The fee will differ from university to university, depending on the resources and benefits, and quality of education offered by the official to its students.
The first step to take admission to this course has to clear numerous entrance tests such as GMAT, CAT, MAT, XAT, and so on. Those students who are not able to attempt any entrance exam can apply at the IMTS institute. IMTS does not even require entrance tests and suggests candidates distance learning online.
What is MBA in Shipping and Port Management Course?
Master of Business Administration in Shipping and Port Management is a postgraduate program that has a specific duration of two years. The aim of this course is to impart an individual strategy of shipping and port management, port business activities, marine shipping, transportation, management, and planning and increase various skills as well.
MBA Shipping and Port Management Course Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are assuming admission to MBA Shipping and Port Management can possibly be taken by fulfilling the following criteria.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any stream e.g., arts/science/commerce from an approved university.
- The minimum percentage for an opportunity to get admission to MBA Shipping and Port Management course is 45% and 40% for general and SC/ST/PWD categories.
- Most universities conduct or approve admission on the performance of qualifying, and entrance exams (both).
- Some popular entrance examinations for admission to MBA Shipping and Port Management courses include XAT/CAT/MAT or CMAT.
- Qualified candidates are summoned to counseling or personal interview sessions.
MBA Shipping and Port Management Course Fees Structure
Postgraduate degrees in MBA Shipping and Port Management typically cost between INR 20,000 and INR 60,000 semester-wise at central, private, and other universities. Alternatively, students can enroll in the Distance MBA Shipping and Port Management program for only 40,000 Indian rupees.
|BA Course||BBA Course|
|BCOM Course||BCA Course|
|BSC Course||BBM Course|
|BTech Course||BEd Course|
|BAF Course||BSW Course|
|MBA Course||MCA Course|
|MCom Course||MSC Course|
|MSW Course||MA Course|
MBA Shipping and Port Management Course Study Modes
There are a total of three ways of studying the MBA Shipping and Port Management program which are online, distance, and regular. All three modes hold advantages to aid students successfully completing the MBA degree program. We are going to cover every important information that one should know before choosing mentioned modes of education. Here, we will also share some names of universities, and approximate fees in the associated learning modules.
Online MBA Shipping and Port Management Course
If anyone is interested in regular learning for the MBA Shipping and Port Management program. But, kicked out his/her dream because an engaged schedule would love the ONLINE mode of education. Students cannot only study quite similarly to the conventional mode but that is also from the comfort of their homes or anywhere in the world. It would not be required to have a physical presence on the college campus.
The study materials of the MBA Shipping and Port Management course will be remained available on the online portal of the University around the clock to aid students to continue studying easily. The semester-wise fees of the MBA Shipping and Port Management course are INR 13,000 to INR 56,000.
Distance MBA Shipping and Port Management Course
Distance learning has evolved as a suitable option to grow in knowledge for MBA Shipping and Port Management courses. Students living in rural India, or someone with weak background would definitely like to enroll in the MBA distance education course. The semester-wise varies in various open and distance universities from INR 11,000 to INR 23,000.
Top Distance Education Courses in India
Regular MBA Shipping and Port Management Course
The regular learning opportunity is something that none wants to leave if he/she desires to get standard education, and skills alongside. MBA regular degree program in Shipping and Port Management allows students to study the coursework in the ideal environment where fellow students and professors are available. The environment does a lot because it allows learners for communicating and interact regularly.
Candidates have a list of universities for the MBA Shipping and Port Management regular degree program. The average one-year fee of MBA specialized degree rovers from INR 65,000 to INR 2.3 Lacs.
What After MBA Shipping and Port Management Course?
- Scope of the MBA Port and Shipping Management students has various job options as well as higher education.
- After graduation, students can pursue PhD and research programs in the same field of education.
- Students can take competitive examinations to get jobs in shipping and ports Government sector organizations.
- MBA Port and Shipping Management graduate can work in the private sector at various top job profiles such as Port Manager, Shipping Manager, Port Planning and Development Officer, Operations Manager, Operations and Port Management Officers in Merchant Navy, Yard Officer, etc.
MBA Shipping and Port Management Employment Areas
- Port management & Charting
- Cargo Handling Firms
- Import and Export Firms
- Logistics Management
- Marine Economics and Insurance
- Defence Departments
- Clearing and Forwarding Companies
- Shipping Companies
- International Trade & Commerce
- Shipping Laws
MBA Shipping and Port Management Course Syllabus
- Port and Shipping Industry Accounting
- Business Communication
- Port and Terminal Management
- Economics Management and Decision
- Quantitative Methods
- Organizational Behavior
- International Maritime Transport
- Principles and Practices of Management
- Operations Management
- IT Application in Port and Shipping
- Marketing Management
- Maritime Economics
- Program Elective
- Shop Brokering and Chartering
- Liner and Multimodal Transport Management
- Executive Communication
- Open Electives / Industry Visit
- Port and Shipping Financial Management
- Business Research Methods
- Human Resource Management
- Bunkering Management
- Ship Agency Management
- Strategic Management
- Executive Communication Pro
- International Trade Operations and Documentation
- Port Planning
- Project Management and Contract Administration
- Open Elective II
- Program Elective II
- Summer Internship
Trending Online Courses in India 2023
|Online BA||Online MA|
|Online BBA||Online MBA|
|Online BCA||Online MCA|
|Online BSC||Online MCOM|
|Online BCOM||Online Diploma|
- Maritime HSE Management
- Marine Law
- Customer Relationship Management
- Dissertation II