MA Course: Master of Arts, or MA, is a postgraduate course of 2-year duration offered in full-time, and part-time modes at various state, private, deemed-to-be, and centrally administered universities. The master’s degree regular course offers students the chance to learn about and receive an advanced education in one of the program’s disciplines.
There are several specializations that are based on language, literature, arts, and humanities-related domains such as English, Hindi, History, Political Science, Sociology, etc.
Any applicant who wants to enroll in the MA program must successfully complete their bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or institution. The majority of universities offer admission to their master’s programs in the arts based on applicants’ performance on qualifying exams, entrance exams, or both.
Master’s degree in Arts of course with its specializations allows admission possibility every year for aspiring candidates at approved universities in India. MA course fees are frequently required to be paid semester-by-semester or yearly to relieve the heavy burden of the complete fee. Ideally, the annual fees of MA courses range from INR 10,000 to INR 25,000.
University placement sessions provide decent professional opportunities in well-known brands for students who have completed the MA specialized courses. Job opportunities at executive and management positions allow eligible candidates to earn handsome salaries.
A Quick Overview of the MA Course
- Master of arts (MA) is an advanced degree program after a bachelor’s degree.
- The higher degree program is rooted traditionally but grown exclusively with modern effects.
- Students in the Master of Arts (MA) program have access to a wide range of specializations.
- The MA programs enhance historical, communicative, artistic, analytical, and critical thinking abilities.
- Popular MA programs include those in English, Hindi, political science, history, and other subjects
The IMTS Institute is one of the top institutions in the country that offers admission to MA degree programs for both online, and distance learning. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria can apply online. The complete information is shared in the article ahead.
MA Course Details: An Overview
|Full Form||Master of Arts (MA)|
|Level||Post Graduate Degree|
|Types of MA programme||Regular MA, Distance MA, and Online MA|
|Minimum Eligibility for MA Admission||BA or any other Bachelor’s Degree|
|MA Course Fees||10, 000 to 25,000 Per Annum*|
|Average Salary||INR 2.5 to 7.5 Lakhs Per Annum*|
|MA Selection Process||Entrance Exam/ Merit-Based (Private Colleges or Universities)|
|MA Entrance Exams||CUET PG, CUCET, DUET, IPU CET, URATPG|
|Top MA Course Specialization in India||Psychology, Political Science, History, Geography, English, Hindi, Marathi, Economics|
Why should you study MA Course at the IMTS Institute?
The reason why students must choose IMTS Institute as their partner or provider of education is totally based on the brilliant records that speak on the behalf of institute.
IMTS Institute was established 18 years ago to guide students toward standard education opportunities in distance, and online learning programs. Since then, students preferred the Institute due to its affordability, and consistent support.
More than 45,000 students have successfully reached the objectives with the aid of the IMTS Institute. Almost every student of the Institute passes— because IMTS has a 99 percent passing rate.
All courses suggested by IMTS have been approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC) which marks the authenticity of the programs. To candidates who find any difficulty in getting admission, need suggestions for the best course or colleges, or anything related to academics, IMTS Institute provides free online and offline career counseling.
This means that those who desires to be enrolled in the MA courses at suitable, and top-level colleges with affordable fees will get the right guidance from the IMTS.
MA Course Eligibility
Candidates who are interested, and ambitious of making an entry to the MA degree programs in suitable universities suggested by the IMTS Institute will have to see and follow the criteria below. The following requirements can be used for both distance, and online programs.
- A three-year undergraduate degree in any discipline from an approved university.
- The minimum mark required for courses or specializations at the MA PG level is 40%.
It should be noted that private, public, and other universities may have different cutoff scores for applicants.
Trending MA Course Admission News Update
- Admissions are open for MA courses at Lucknow University. The application deadline for MA admission is 31 May 2023.
- Registration for CUET PG 2023 is now open through NTA. The last date to apply is 19 April 2023 at NTA Portal for MA Course.
- KKSHOU is accepting applications for MA Admission 2023. Applications must be submitted by 31 March 2023.
- MA Admission for the January session 2023-24 is now open at the official website of IGNOU. The last date for IGNOU MA admissions is 31 March 2023.
- Dayalbagh Educational Institute Admissions will begin on 15 June 2023 for MA Admission 2023.
- Admission to Christ University’s MA program is now open. MA Course applications are accepted until 14 May 2023.
- Registration for MA Admissions at South Asian University has begun. 31 March 2023 is the deadline for applications.
- MA Registration for the new session has started at Anurag University. The application deadline for registration is 08 April 2023.
- Uttarakhand Open University application is now available for MA Admission. The deadline for applying is 31 March 2023.
MA Course Fee Structure
The IMTS Institute’s recommended MA fee structure is created using components like registration, admission, and tuition fees. The complete or annual fee of MA degree programs varies from university to university.
One more reason for the difference in fees is online and distance learning modes. The approximate annual fee for MA courses can be found in INR 21,000 to INR 75,000.
MA Course Admission Process 2023
The best university for MA can only be recommended if candidates make a hint that they need assistance. For this, they just need to use any of the invited modes, such as social media, websites, WhatsApp, or a contact number.
After pinging, candidates will receive a callback regarding admission, eligibility, and any questions pertaining to it. Our knowledgeable and expert counseling staff will patiently listen to you, address your concerns, and make the best suggestions from an admissions perspective.
There will be no fees for the counseling or any other services rendered by the IMTS Institute. The only fees applicants must pay are for course registration and admission to the relevant university. IMTS will continue to provide support both during and after the course.
|BA Course||BBA Course|
|BCOM Course||BCA Course|
|BSC Course||BBM Course|
|BTech Course||BEd Course|
|BAF Course||BSW Course|
|MBA Course||MCA Course|
|MCom Course||MSC Course|
|MSW Course||MSC IT Course|
What is MA Course?
Master of Arts, commonly known as MA, is a postgraduate program that has a duration of two years. The modern world brings MA program with three dimensions, such as distance learning, online education, and regular. Over the years, the use of distance, and online education has grown simultaneously with the traditional mode because of the requirements of the contemporary world.
The effective programs from the last two decades in this field are MA English, MA Hindi, MA History, MA General, MA Political Science, MA Economics, etc. The opportunity for admission to the aforementioned courses is at least available to students who pass the bachelor’s degree examination.
There are many benefits or advantages for students of the MA program— but, the most important ones are academic and professional. The MA program strengthens educational components and develops necessary skills for job professions like content writing, translation, and copywriting.
The progression of MA programs in distance learning or online education enables students to plan ahead academically and enroll in programs like MPhil or Ph.D. The Master of Arts courses also helps students in preparing for the government examinations like UPSC strongly.
Key Features of the MA Course
There are numerous significant benefits or features of the MA course that we will learn in the following sections.
- Master of Arts is the full form of an MA course.
- The course is available in different modes like part-time, full time & distance learning modes.
- The course fee for the MA Course at different institutes or colleges may vary, but average costs range from Rs 10,000 to Rs 25,000 per year.
- The course is a higher version after the bachelor’s degree— therefore, it offers every opportunity to study in-depth.
- There are many specializations students see in the MA degree programs such as Language & Linguistics, History, Social Science, Political Science, Geography, Sociology, and so on.
- MA Course assists students in developing quality knowledge, abilities, and skills.
- Access to distance and online education made it possible for every class of students to study the program cost-effectively, and conveniently from the comfort of their homes.
- After completing their postgraduate studies in MA, those who are hired can expect to start their careers with salaries ranging from INR 5 LPA to INR 9 LPA.
Types of MA Course
MA Courses are available in two major parts; part-time, and full-time— however, students would get these two options in distance learning, regular, and online modes. The sections that follow will shed light on the previously mentioned areas.
Trending Online Courses in India 2023
|Online BA||Online MA|
|Online BBA||Online MBA|
|Online BCA||Online MCA|
|Online BSC||Online MCOM|
|Online BCOM||Online Diploma|
Full-Time/Regular MA Course
The full-time program is a traditional method of learning where students must dedicate the requested amount of time to their studies. The number of hours in a day is approximately 4-6 that students have to spend in full-time MA programs. The majority of universities in India provide education full-time.
Distance MA Course
The MA courses’ distance learning component helps students develop their dependability on themselves rather than on anyone else. As the program progresses, the course transforms the mentoring and leadership skills of students.
The popularity of the distance learning program is due to the flexibility with which students can study. There are many distance universities that offer the MA distance learning program, including IGNOU, DU-SOL, KSOU, etc. Admission to the mentioned ODL universities for MA programs is open in the academic or calendar year cycle.
Online MA Course
The MA program’s online method is becoming more and more well-liked across the nation. With daily exposure to regular classes in an online setting, this educational model enables students to study the subject matter at a relatively lower cost than regular. The universities for the Online MA courses are Lovely Professional University, Bharathidasan University, IGNOU, and numerous others.
Part-Time MA Course
Part-time education in MA programs allows students to save some time for themselves or other important activities. Students in part-time programs typically have to dedicate 20 to 30 hours per week to their studies. This model is still rarely popular.
Why Study MA Course After Graduation?
Students who are still searching for the answer to this question will now no longer have to wait. The MA specialized courses are ideal for students who want to study in particular fields to become experts in them.
Many disciplines related to the MA, including history, language, literature, politics, geography, and many more, have provided students with sufficient resources over time to support their personal development for a better career ahead.
Thousands of students across the nation benefit from MA programs each year as they learn how to integrate knowledge of human development, skills, critical thinking, and many other topics that had not been practiced prior to the program’s introduction.
Another reason to apply to the MA program is that it opens the door to the Master of Philosophy and Doctor of Philosophy degrees. The more advanced or research-based education, the brighter and more precise the human thinking’s cushions become.
Top Distance Education Courses in India
MA Course Admission 2023
MA Course admission has started at numerous universities for the 2023 sessions, such as Indira Gandhi National Open University, Lovely Professional University, etc., for distance education, and online learning modes. The last dates differ for admission form submission– but, students can do one thing, they can submit applications as soon as possible to eliminate the fear of the deadline.
Mostly, Universities prefer to accept online applications in place of hardcopies to grant admission in the MA specialized courses. A bachelor’s degree is the bare minimum requirement for applicants to get admission.
Some respected universities, like Jamia Millia Islamia, conduct an entrance exam to approve admission for the MA course. The popular entrance tests used for admission to MA programs are CUET-PG, IPU-CET, etc.
Who must study the MA Course?
- Students who are interested in learning about the arts and related subjects should consider the MA program.
- The MA program-based courses are driven by cultural, historical, linguistic, and literary components that may audaciously draw students of particular interest.
- Anyone who is willing to join media & journalism, entertainment, performing arts, languages, or other fields can join the MA program.
- Students can gain the most exposure to education through the MA courses.
When should a person pursue a MA?
- MA Program can be studied or pursued after successfully passing the undergraduate degree examination.
- Admission to MA courses is offered to candidates who have obtained at least 40% marks in the qualifying examination.
MA Colleges in Delhi
In Delhi, there are a number of top colleges that offer Master of Arts programs. There are both private and government MA colleges. Some of the top colleges offering MA courses in Delhi are Hindu College, Ramjas College, Hansraj College, GGSIPU, Delhi School of Economics, and Miranda House. The average course fee here ranges from Rs 28,000 to INR 68,000 per year.