BPT Course: BPT, or Bachelor of Physiotherapy, is often associated with the MBBS degree program; however, it is different as far as its curriculum and objectives are concerned. A 4-year and internship-included program is only offered in the regular mode of education. The course is developed to teach the fundamentals of rehabilitative medicine and develop advanced-level core physiotherapeutic skills.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy applications are currently open at IMTS Institute! Now’s your chance to aid folks with physiotherapy.
- This programme teaches ways to improve people’s health and well-being. Ready to enter healthcare? Apply now to start your physiotherapy career! 🌟💪
BPT Course Headline
|Full Form||Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)|
|About Course||A 4.5-year undergraduate Course with medicine with a 6-month internship.|
|Course Fee||INR 2,00,000 to 6,00,000 (average)|
|Eligibility||Minimum 50% in 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology|
|IMTS Exams||No IMTS entrance examinations.|
|Approval||All IMTS Institute courses are approved by UGC, AICTE, DEB, and Govt.|
|Validity||Institute degrees and diplomas are valid.|
|IMTS Admission||20-minute complimentary call; course and university selection advice.|
|Syllabus||Anatomy, nursing, biochemistry, first aid, physiotherapy, electrotherapy, etc.|
|Job Positions||Physiotherapist, osteopath, and consultant for sports rehabilitation.|
|Employment Areas||Hospitals, sports teams, and schools.|
|Benefits||Develops physiotherapy abilities; different job options; holistic healthcare.|
|Subjects||Study anatomy, nursing, biochemistry, and physiotherapy.|
|Admission Process (IMTS)||Register, receive personalised counselling, choose online or offline sessions, and obtain admission help. Call IMTS Helpdesk at 92 10 98 98 98 for assistance. Visit https://imtsinstitute.com/|
The four-and-a-half-year undergraduate degree program of BPT admission is only offered to senior secondary (12th) with biology or life sciences passed candidates. The minimum marks at the 12th and entrance examinations are two phenomena that vary from university to university as far as requirements are concerned.
On average, the fee for the Bachelor of Physiotherapy undergraduate degree program is found in the range of INR 60,000 to INR 1,20,000 per annum. Once you complete the BPT course, you have a great chance for a professional career as an osteopath, physical healthcare consultant, researcher, and so on.
Are you interested in the BPT degree program? Would you like to read more about the Bachelor of Physiotherapy undergraduate program? The following sections will help you in this case.
Latest Updates for the BPT Course
- IMTS Institute is accepting Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) program application forms. Students are invited to submit the application form by 30 November 2023. Apply Now
- A new academic session has started for the BPT course at Sri Krishna University (SKU). The last date is 30 November 2023 for registration.
Note: Those who are seeking admission to the Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) course can read this article fully. By reading the full article, candidates can learn many things about the course, such as fees, eligibility criteria, important dates, duration, and many more.
|BA Course||BBA Course|
|B.Sc Course||B.Com Course|
|BCA Course||BSW Course|
|BAF Course||BBM Course|
|B.Tech Course||BEd Course|
Why Study the BPT Course at IMTS Institute?
IMTS Institute is among the greatest educational institutions in India based on the fact that it has a pass rate of more than 98.7%. This is due in large part to the exceptionally talented counsellors who have been able to lead the institute to such a high mark. IMTS was established in 2005 with the aim of assisting every student who requires assistance in enhancing their academic career for a better future by providing them with the necessary assistance.
Over 44,900 students have received successful help from IMTS so far in pursuing their aspirations. Such individuals are currently receiving generous salaries from reputable MNCs as well as from private and public companies. The fact that the Institute has received approval from educational authorities further attests to the IMTS’s legitimacy.
BPT Course Eligibility Criteria:
Below, we have mentioned the Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) course eligibility criteria. Students need to check their eligibility before applying to the course.
- Students who have done their 12th class with at least 50% marks from the authorized board.
- Students have studied Chemistry, English, Physics, and Biology at the secondary level.
BPT Course Fees:
For those seeking admission to the undergraduate degree program “BPT,” the BPT course fees for the complete course can vary from university to university. IMTS-associated universities charge a minimum of Rs 60,000 and a maximum of Rs 1,20,000 per year.
BPT Course Duration:
The full form of BPT is “Bachelor of Physiotherapy.” The BPT Course Duration is 4 years at the undergraduate level. Students need to read the full article to know about the admission process, course fees, course duration, and many more.
Aspirants can easily contact us for assistance with any of the preferred options such as WhatsApp, website, call, social media, etc. The sooner we receive your application, the quicker we will respond to it. An experienced counselor from our team will speak to you about the concerns you have related to the academic career ahead.
The applicants will receive assistance based on their educational background, career path, and financial background. Here, we will suggest the best options in terms of courses and universities according to the above-mentioned points free of cost. Candidates are not required to pay any amount for registration or any other reason except for the program admission to the university. The candidates will receive consistent support both during and after the course.
BPT Course Full-Time:
- This on-campus degree course provides physiotherapy knowledge and abilities.
- Full-time BPT Course are offered at NIILM, WC, and SKU universities.
Part-Time BPT Course :
- This opportunity allows students to pursue physiotherapy degrees while juggling other requirements.
- WC University and NIILM University provide part-time BPT.
Distance BPT Course
- BPT courses are meant for working students who prefer self-study.
- Distance BPT is offered by IMTS Institute in Noida.
BPT Vocational Course
- BPT Vocational Course is a three-year undergraduate course that communicates physiotherapy skills.
- NIILM University offer this course .
In short, full-time BPT is on-campus, part-time BPT is flexible, and distance courses allow workers to study independently.
|MA Course||MBA Course|
|M.Sc Course||M.Com Course|
|MCA Course||MSW Course|
|MSC IT Course||PhD Course|
What is a BPT Course?
What is Physiotherapy? Physiotherapy is a type of healthcare that employs basic physical techniques such as massage and workouts. BPT program offers learning, guidance, and counselling support to patients in their golden years who require special care both mentally and physically. Students in this program learn about therapeutic exercise, activities, and the use of electro-physical forms of therapy to cure a wide range of disorders and diseases related to the spinal column, back, neck, and even anxiety issues.
BPT is an undergraduate degree program that requires students to complete a total of four years of study in order to graduate. The study of physiotherapy is regarded as one of the most skilled undergraduate programs that guarantee employment by the time the course is completed. There are many types of careers available to individuals in the healthcare profession, ranging from working in clinics and physiotherapy health centres to owning and operating their own clinics and practising independently.
It’s part of the syllabus to study BPT, and it talks about how to use electro-physical treatment, exercises, and manual therapy to help people. All of these classes are about Physiotherapy, and there are a lot of different skills that students learn when they learn these subjects.
BPT Course Details
BPT is also known as “Bachelor of Physiotherapy.” Below, we have shared some of the important points regarding the BPT course details so that students get brief information about the Bachelor of Physiotherapy program.
Trending Online Courses in India 2023
|Online BA||Online MA|
|Online BBA||Online MBA|
|Online BCA||Online MCA|
|Online BSC||Online MCOM|
|Online BCOM||Online Diploma|
- BPT is the short form for a Bachelor of Physiotherapy. The duration of the BPT degree program in India is 4 years. It is a graduation-level study program taught in the stream of medical science. In 2020, almost 67,000+ students were enrolled in BPT courses at various institutes.
- Nowadays, part-time and online learning have become the learning methods for BPT.
- To become eligible to pursue this BPT degree program, a candidate should be intermediate qualified and should have a minimal marking level of 50% or more.
- Entrance exams are also very necessary to qualify, and the exams linked to BPT admissions are IPU CET, VEE, BCECE, and others.
- The BPT program fee for entry to India’s ideal physiotherapy institutes could vary from INR 60,000 to INR 1.2 Lac per year.
- Some of the most common occupations in relation to the BPT degree are Physiotherapist, Consultant, Osteopath, Sports Physio Rehabilitator, etc.
- The BPT Salary packages offered to the BPT degree holders in their professional life may range from INR 2 to INR 8 LPA.
- Graduates can work in a variety of areas that are connected to physiotherapy services. Some of those are Sports Teams, Health Institutions, Educational Institutions, and Hospitals.
Why should I pursue a BPT Course After the 12th?
The Physiotherapy program consists of some important subjects for developing the knowledge of the learner, such as Anatomy, Biochemistry, Sociology, Electrotherapy, Pathology, Pharmacology, Psychology, General Medicine, Yoga, & Naturopathy, Neurology, and more. The program will be guided in regular mode and consist of theories and practical concepts for the advancement of learners.
- A person can learn about body structures while working with their hands in physiotherapy. In neurology and body structure, one can get many skills that assist students in providing a good number of opportunities.
- Geriatrics, neurological disorders, pediatrics, sports medicine, and orthopedics are all physiotherapy career specialties by selecting a specialization.
When to Pursue the BPT Program?
There are no time limits for learning, but as a matter of fact, choosing the right course at the right time influences the career a lot. Students must choose the BPT study course when they have finished their 12th class or equivalent studies in science. The major subjects of students must be Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
BPT Course Admission in India
BPT admission has commenced for the ongoing academic year cycle 2023-24. Interested candidates for the BPT program can apply to Manav Rachna University, SGT University, CT University, etc., in the current session of admission. These universities are offering admission online/offline.
Applicants must log on to the official website of the above-mentioned BPT-oriented universities to get information about the exact admission procedure.
The registration fee for the Bachelor of Physiotherapy undergraduate program at government and private universities and associated colleges ranges from 400 Indian rupees to 1,000 Indian rupees. Admission to the BPT program at most of the UGC-approved universities occurs after academic merit.
Some universities would like to follow the entrance examination path to offer admission to the BPT program. Lovely Professional University and Indraprastha University conduct their own entrance examinations; LPU NEST and IPU CET, to propose admission to the BPT degree program.
Types of BPT Course
The type of BPT learning course is full-time and part-time. These different types of study are designed to provide an easy way of learning for students. Below are described the common types of BPT:
Bachelor of Physiotherapy full-time is an undergraduate degree program focused on learning physical therapy techniques. In the full-time mode of study, the BPT course duration is 4 years.
The eligibility required for the full-time BPT is also 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent. Career opportunities are numerous in this field, and the demand for BPT degree holders is also high. They can work in various healthcare centres to provide their services.
Part-time BPT is a course that involves both theoretical and practical learning via part-time studies. Only a part of the day will be required to take such classes. It means students will not spend their whole day taking these classes.
It is a facility provided to students involved in jobs who do not have enough time to manage their regular classes. In this way, every student working will be able to complete their professional degree course of BPT in a reasonable time period. Also, it is necessary to mention that the fee for such courses is not higher than the regular courses making them affordable to a variety of students. (Part-time BPT Course is not available at Indian Universities for students).
BPT Entrance Exam 2023
An undergraduate degree in physiotherapy is called a Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT). Entrance exams are conducted at the state-, national-, or university level for BPT admissions. Some of the most popular entrance exams for the Bachelor of Physiotherapy program are IPU CET, VEE BCECE, and others.
- IPU CET: This is an academic exam for enrolment in UG and PG courses in Engineering, Medicine, Law, Dentistry, Management, and Engineering. IPU CET is organized to select students for admission to IP University and its affiliated institutes.
- VEE: The VELS University of Chennai is the conducting body for the VELS Entrance Examination. Through this test, the university offers entry to its various courses in UG and PG manner. VEE will be conducted in May 2023 for the coming session.
- BCECE: Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Exam or BCECE is an entrance exam conducted for Medical, Pharmacy, Engineering, architecture, and many other related courses. Its application notification will be issued in August 2023.
- LPU NEST: The LPU NEST is conducted by Lovely Professional University to offer admissions in various courses. This exam consists of 100 MCQs, each consisting of positive marks and the implementation of negative markings.
- IEM JEE: It’s a joint entrance exam conducted at the university level to select candidates for admission to numerous UG and PG-level courses. This exam is conducted each year in three different phases. Results are usually announced after 15 days of the test date.
BPT Entrance Exam Syllabus
BPT entrance exams have varying syllabuses, depending on whether they are state or institute-level exams. Due to BPT’s paramedical background, the entrance exam syllabus contains a significant amount of biology topics. Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and English are the subjects that must be studied for the entrance exam.
Each of the national, regional, or university entrance exams comprises 100 questions. All the questions are Multiple Choices. The total score may vary as proposed by the conducting authority.
BPT Course Distance Education
According to the University Grant Commission (UGC), in their announcement made, training related to medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, engineering, and a variety of other projects that require practical learning expertise are not permitted to be provided via correspondence courses. The distance type of learning is provided for a degree, diploma, and certificate courses as mentioned in the list provided by UGC.
BPT Course Syllabus
Topics on the Bachelor of Physiotherapy curriculum include the study of human anatomy and physical gestures. The BPT course syllabus is broken up into eight semesters. Exercises and standard therapy skills are taught in the BPT syllabus. Through BPT, students can also learn skills for electro-physical treatment.
Various subjects included in the BPT syllabus are Anatomy, Biochemistry, Basic Nursing, Physiology, Psychology, Biomechanics, Pathology, Orientation to Physiotherapy, and soon. Supervised Rotatory Clinical Training is also part of the BPT syllabus and is taught in the last semester of the BPT program. Students may also get the chance to intern in various health centres.
BPT Course Colleges in India
Students who are looking to apply for the Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) course in India. Then there are various colleges in India, such as Hamdard Institute of Medical Science and Research, Amity University, Kurukshetra University, Chandigarh University, LPU University, and many more. Below, we have provided the list of the best BPT Colleges in the state.
BPT Colleges in Delhi
Delhi, as the capital of India, is a key location for high-quality education. In Delhi, students can enroll in numerous colleges to pursue BPT courses. There are almost 47 colleges in Delhi that offer BPT programs. There are almost 37 private colleges and 10 public colleges among the 47. The average fee for a Bachelor of Physiotherapy in Delhi’s top colleges is INR 25000. Delhi’s top BPT colleges include:
- Hamdard Institute of Medical Science & Research
- Jamia Millia Islamia University
- Institute of Technology & Science, Gurugram University
- Sharda University, Galgotias University
- Amity University
- Galgotias University
- Delhi Pharmaceutical Science & Research University
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
BPT Colleges in Haryana
Haryana is working to develop its medical and related sectors. In Haryana, many BPT colleges accept entrance exam scores for admission to this course. A number of students want to enroll in the BPT Course in Haryana. In Haryana, both government and private colleges offer Bachelor of Physiotherapy programs. Haryana’s top colleges include:
- Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Singh University
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research
- Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies
- Gurugram University
- Kurukshetra University
- Guru Jambheshwar University of Science and Technology
- Maharishi Markandeshwar
- Chandigarh University
- Pt Bhagwat Dayal Sharma Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences
BPT Colleges in Punjab
BPT is a paramedical program that is also offered in Punjab. There is a high demand for this training program. An entrance test is required for students who wish to enrol in top BPT colleges in Punjab. There are a number of government and private colleges in Punjab that offer the BPT program, including:
- Lyallpur Khalsa College
- Punjabi University
- Apeejay College of Fine Arts
- GNA University
- Lovely Professional University
- Chandigarh University
- Guru Nanak Dev University
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences
- Chitkara School of Health Sciences
- DAV Institute of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
BPT Colleges in Mumbai
Mumbai is one of the biggest cities in India and hosts almost 20+ institutes offering BPT courses. These colleges include some that are private and have a wide range of fees. BPT as whole costs between INR 2 and INR 9LPA across all colleges. There are several BPT colleges in the city, such as Seth GS Medical College, Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair Charitable Hospital, and Dr. DY Patil University. Additionally, there are the KJSomaiya College of Physiotherapy, Terna Physiotherapy College, The SIA College of Physiotherapy, and the Mahatma Gandhi Missions College of Physiotherapy.
Scope of BPT Course
The scope of the Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) degree program is very vast; however, it mainly comes under the range of two mainstreams: rehabilitation and healthcare. Students who pass the BPT degree program can imagine themselves in job roles such as physiotherapists, sports physiotherapists, rehabilitation specialists, academicians, healthcare consultants, and so on.
The above professions allow individuals to earn approximately: INR 2 LPA to INR 8 LPA in healthcare, sports, or related industries.
A degree in BPT may also unlock the door for advancement in physiotherapy. Students soon after passing the BPT program, can look for higher degree or diploma programs such as Master of Physiotherapy (MPT), MBA in Healthcare Management, PG Diploma in Rehabilitation, etc.
- Nursing Homes
- Health Institutions
- Day Care
- Educational Institutions
- Sports teams
- Physiotherapy Centers
BPT Course Job Profiles
- Sports Physio Rehabilitator
- Defence Medical Establishments
In India, the BPT course salary is around Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 35,000 per month. And the highest salary is INR 8 lakhs per year (about INR 66.5k per month). Below, we have provided the average salary in a table so that candidates can find it more easily.
|Job Profile(BPT Course)||Average Salary|
|Self Employed Private Physiotherapist||
INR 2,00,000 – 5,00,000
INR 2,50,000 – 8,00,000
INR 6,00,000 – 8,00,000
INR 2,50,000 – 6,00,000
INR 3,00,000 – 8,00,000
|Sports Physio Rehabilitator||
INR 4,00,000 – 8,00,000
FAQs of the BPT Course
Question 1: BPT is also a doctor, right?
Ans: Physiotherapists are not permitted to practice medicine and prescribe drugs on their own, particularly Scheduled Drugs as defined in the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, since they do not possess recognized qualifications according to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
Question 2: Do you think BPT is a good career choice?
Ans: Yes, BPT is a good career choice as BPT graduates are highly demanding in the healthcare sector, both in India and overseas. Almost every week, new clinics open. Besides high earnings, this career field also offers high levels of customer satisfaction.
Question 3: Is BPT easier than MBBS?
Ans: Misunderstandings like this are very common. It is extremely beneficial to study both courses equally because they are both challenging. A BPT requires a lot of patience and physical strength while an MBBS requires a lot of mental strength and physical endurance. There are challenges in both subjects.
Question 4: What is the average salary for BPT Degree Holders?
Ans: After earning BPT candidates have opportunities to get a good salary which is around Rs. 2,00,000 to Rs. 8,00,000 per year.
Question 3: Does BPT fall under the doctor’s category?
Ans: You became a certified physiotherapist after completing the Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) course. As a physiotherapist category doctor, you are also registered after completing this course.
Question 4: What are the best Options After the BPT Course?
Ans Students who have successfully completed the Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT) Course. One has options for Jobs such as Physiotherapists, Sports, etc. On top of that, one has also a chance to go for higher studies such as MPT, MSPT, MBA, And many more.