BMLT Course Admission: The Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT) is a three-year UG degree course plotted to provide sufficient knowledge, and skill for routine laboratory diagnostic followed by sophisticated laboratory diagnostic procedures. The course is developed to deal with some new updations that occurred in the field of Medical Laboratory Technology and instrumentations. This three-year degree program has been taught for six semesters.
In order to find a seat of admission to the BMLT UG degree program, students are required to pass at least their higher secondary board exam (12th) in the science stream with a 50% score. Admissions are allowed entrance/non-entrance based. Candidates can study, and complete the UG degree program of BMLT by paying a fee an average fee of INR 45,000 to INR 70,000 thousand. Fee deposits are allowed with Debit/Credit/Net Banking or Demand Draft etc., options (Subject to availability).
The six-semester of BMLT program includes several topics in core and elective modes. The core subjects list comprises human physiology, human anatomy, biochemistry, pathology, histopathology, immunology, serology, and more.
The elective subject list can be decorated with the following list such as medical technology, nuclear medicine technology, medical technology, medical lab technology, etc. The course structure of the BMLT three-year degree program incorporates VI Semesters, Core Subjects, Elective Subjects, Practical Workshops, Research Projects, or Thesis Submission.
Having a degree in the BMLT UG program allow students to power their academic profile by picking any of the course amongst MSC MLT, PGD Biochemistry Lab Technology, PGD MLT, etc. The fees of the mentioned programs are further detailed in the article.
A degree in the BMLT will help students to work in various fields to build a sound career in quality job profiles. The degree holder can seek a professional career as Medial Lab Technologist, X-Ray Technologist/X-Ray Technician, MRI Technician, Anaesthesia Technician, Operation Theatre Technician, CT Scan Technician, and more. An average salary package of BMLT professionals is seen between INR 2.17 LPA to INR 5.5 LPA.
More can be studied about the admission process for the BMLT UG degree three-year course in the following sections of the article.
BMLT Course Highlights
|Salary||INR 2.17 LPA to INR 5.5 LPA|
What is BMLT?
BMLT course is a bachelor-level course offered by multiple institutions with a duration of the course as 3 years. Students who aspire for admission should visit the university’s website and fill up the application form listed for admission. Students for admission are needed to have completed their intermediate-level study from a recognized institution or board. Candidates with a BMLT bachelor’s obtain technical and practical expertise for accurate diagnosis and awareness of how to proficiently operate biological labs. The course focuses on training nominees in the administration of operating rooms (OTs) and how to easily manage numerous medical tools and implement standards of care.
A Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology degree can lead to employment options in health care system treatment centres, state and corporate medical facilities, research labs, medical laboratories, and other settings. The subjects in the course of BMLT have included Human Physiology, Bio-Medical Waste Management, Human Anatomy, Health Communication & Health Education, Biochemistry, and soon.
BMLT Course Details
- A Bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory Technology is shortly abbreviated as BMLT.
- This course is designed to teach students about the technologies used in medical labs to cure and diagnose diseases.
- Admission to this course is provided by checking the students’ performance in the relevant entrance exam. However, some MLT institutes get students in through the direct admission system by issuing the merit list based on previous qualifying exams of the board.
- The applicants must qualify for the last board exams with at least a minimum score of 50% or even more.
- For BMLT, the most common admission tests conducted by students are JNUEE, JIMPER, and soon. A counselling round always follows entrance exams.
- Depending on the type and location of the institute, the mean fee of the BMLT course in India may range from INR 45000 to INR 60000. In the private sector colleges, the fee is even higher for the BMLT course.
- There are offered a wide variety of jobs to the BMLT degree holders, including Lab Technologist, Medical Technician, and soon. In the modern-day medical sector, the demand for these jobs is very high.
- Being employed on any of the posts related to BMLT can provide your annual earnings of INR 230000 to INR 300000.
Why Study BMLT Course after 12th?
BMLT is a bachelor-level course that is opted by students having an interest in developing a professional career in the medical laboratory. By opting for the BMLT course students open the path toward a successful career. Some of the main profits after opting for the BMLT course are:
- A BMLT or Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology degree may lead to employment options in a variety of fields, including:
- A nominee may choose to work as a Scientific Scholar/ Researcher or in R&D research labs.
- A student may choose to collaborate as a Lab technologist in public health laboratories, pathology labs, pharmaceutical labs, research and product development, hospitals, and other settings.
- One can work as a research associate in a variety of biotechnological sectors. Also, can work as a superintendent or advisor in a lab, the pharmaceutical industry, or product testing firms, among other places.
- A professional life on this ground is one of the most complex tasks and rewarding in competitive terms. In this line of work, difficult obstacles and newer technologies are encountered daily.
Who Should Pursue BMLT Course?
- An applicant who wishes to serve in the medical industry and learn more about and research the facets and applications of instrumentation in the healthcare industry may select to begin their profession by enrolling in this UG program of Bachelor in Medical Laboratory Technology.
- The program is intended for pupils who want to become competent experts in the field of medical technology. During the journey, learners gain adequate knowledge and the necessary talent to work proficiently in the health industry.
- Medical science is among the exquisite fields; this is a growing market, and applicants with a curiosity in the healthcare field choose to land a job in it.
- Medical lab technicians take a critical role in the implementation of different diagnosing and pathophysiology laboratory work.
When to Pursue BMLT?
Upon completing his/her intermediate, an applicant can pursue a UG degree in medical laboratory technology. After passing class 10+2, a nominee can pursue a certificate in Medical Laboratory Technology, which will expand a wide range of job options. However, to be effective in MLT, an applicant should first complete a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology.
Types of BMLT Course
With the passage of technological advancement, medical labs have become more advanced, and to run such technologies. For fulfilling the needs of students for completing their BMLT education, different methods are adopted, such as:
A Full-Time BMLT course is the most common learning method utilized by institutions and students. In this course, the studies are divided into six semesters of the three years completion period. The enrollment rate for BMLT full-time is higher than the part-time and online BMLT courses.
Upon finishing BMLT, you would be able to pursue a rewarding career in a private laboratory, minor emergency centres, clinics, doctor’s offices, hospitals, or blood donor centres. A technician can advance to the level of technologist via additional working experience and knowledge. Graduates who accomplish BMLT often work as High ranking Technicians in Diagnostic Laboratories, Hospitals, Blood Banks, and Nursing Homes.
Those students who lack education regularly opt for part-time BMLT courses. Due to its increasing demand, students are opting for more of this course, which is becoming an important course for them. BMLT is a graduate degree course with a duration of 3 years and can be pursued at their convenience.
BMLT through part-time mode is most facilitating to the students engaged in professional life and have no time management. Such students can complete their bachelor’s degree by taking enrollment in a part-time BMLT program.
Online BMLT Course
The Online Bachelor’s degree program in Medical Lab technology is based on learning through video lectures, either in real-time or recorded. The course fee in online learning is less, and everyone can easily afford it, and even professionals can take online classes at their workplaces.
The eligibility required for online courses is almost based on 10+2 results and exclusive of the entrance exam. For online BMLT courses, the most recommended institutes are IGNOU, Tamil Nadu Open University, and many others. An online BMLT degree is also demanding in various public and private healthcare sectors.
BMLT Admission Process 2022
In the majority of BMLT institutes, the system of direct Admission is adopted. In such a selection system, the previous marks of the students in 10+2 are considered for BMLT Admission.
When the Admission process starts, students will apply simply through the online mode at the official webpage of the university to which they are applying. Physical applications can also be sent to the university in which an application form along with the attested documents must be attached in the prescribed manner.
The majority of the time, BMLT Admission is given based on the candidate’s intermediate score. In other institutions, the exam will start in September 2022 for entrance-based admission. Hopefully, in October 2022, the admission exam results will be released, and after that, lessons will begin.
BMLT Course Eligibility Criteria
- BMLT applicant must have completed 12th with a minimum of 60% points.
- When applying to the BMLT bachelor’s degree program, the student’s age must not be less than 17 years.
- Students who have completed their board examination of 10+2, but whose result has not been announced yet, are also welcome to apply for BMLT.
- There are no national-level entrance exams for these courses; however, some institutes may conduct entrance exams to offer BMLT admission.
BMLT Course Entrance Exam 2022
There is no separate entry requirement for Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology enrollment; acceptances are influenced by past standardized test competence results or are made via National Medical exams.
Even so, public universities such as AIIMS and PGIMER make admittance decisions based on marks obtained by students in an entrance exam administered by the corresponding academy. These entry exams include the 12th class departure questionnaire in Biology, Physics, and Chemistry. A few of the BMLT popular entrance exams are:
- JNUEE: Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Exam has been conducted once a year to offer Admission to BMLT and other various courses. Other than JNU’s main campus, this exam provides entry for its 14 affiliated schools. The applications for JNUEE will be issued in July 2022. Counselling of students is also conducted here.
- PGIMER: The applications for PGIMER will be released by the INICEE in March 2022. This entrance exam is conducted for various medical degree courses such as BMLT.
- JIMPER: For various medical courses, JIMPER has now been replaced by NEET and is conducted every year by NTA.
- BCECE: Previously, the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) was held for enrollment in engineering, medicine, pharmacy, and architecture.
BMLT Entrance Exam Syllabus
Applicants must be cognizant of the BMLT entrance exam 2022 Syllabus and plan better to gain enrollment to the numerous programs such exams offer. Applicants will be evaluated in the entrance exam on their understanding of all topics offered during the 12th class curriculum, such as Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and English subjects. Usually, the question paper consists of 100 questions in the format of MCQs. The time given to students may vary depending on the institute. In some cases, negative marking is applicable, and one mark is subtracted if you selected the wrong option.
Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology or BSc Medical Lab Technology is a program of three years separated up into six semesters. The BMLT curriculum is organized and intended to expose learners to the significance of labs in wellbeing and other industries. Its syllabus consisted of many subjects, including Human Anatomy, Microbiology, Human Physiology, Parasitology, Health Education, Virology, and others introduced to learners. Excluding the major subjects of study, the curriculum consists of some elective subjects intended to provide some extra related skills.
BMLT Colleges in Delhi
Being the capital city of India, Delhi is also a central hub for education in India. Delhi has numerous private and public colleges where students can pursue BMLT degrees. Some colleges among the top ones are Aditya Institute of Technology, Rajiv Gandhi Medical Institute, Delhi Paramedical Management Institute, and many others. In the public colleges of Delhi, the BMLT fee is about INR 75000 to 80000, but in the private BMLT colleges, the range of fee is about INR 4 to 5 LPA.
BMLT Colleges in Mumbai
In Mumbai, the colleges offering BMLT education are numerous and popular all over the country. The top colleges are Dr. Gaikwad Institute, Perth Institutes of Pharmacy, Institute of Paramedical Education, and Success Pharmacy Academy. Some others are Om Institute of Paramedical Sciences, Damyanti Modi DMIT Institute, Angel Wings Nursing Institute, etc. The range of BMLT course fees in Mumbai colleges is about INR 35000 to INR 3 lacs annually.
BMLT Colleges in Bangalore
Bangalore is an attractive study hub for many students in India. BMLT courses at Bangalore Colleges are also being taught to thousands of students. Top BMLT colleges in Bangalore are Mahatma Phule Paramedical College, Sanskruti Academy, MaaBhagwati Institute, and soon. In all of these reputed colleges of Bangalore, the average annual BMLT course fee starts from INR 40000 and reaches a higher limit of INR 70000.
BMLT Colleges in Hyderabad
Hyderabad has a good number of medical colleges in the country, and the colleges in Hyderabad are also popular for offering quality education. Some BMLT colleges in Hyderabad include AWARE College of Nursing/Medical Lab Technology, KU, Santosh College, and many more. Admission to the BMLT course is based on the entrance examination and it is a degree with a duration of 3 years. There are some National Level entrance examinations whose scores are considered at the time of admission.