BHMS Course: Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery (BHMS) is a UG degree program that is developed to provide homoeopathy-related study in India. The program is an entry-level course designed for those who wish to be homoeopathic doctors in India. It is the “Ministry of Ayush” that governs this Program. The meaning of Ayush is “Ayurveda”.
BHMS is taught for the duration of five, and half years. Here, it includes a rotatory internship segment for the duration of one year. Students can only do internships once they managed to pass the BHMS UG degree program. Admission to the BHMS degree program can be taken after securing a valid rank in NEET as well as required marks in 12th with Physics, Biology, and Chemistry as core Subjects.
The core subjects of the BHMS Program comprise the study of organon of medicine, psychology, anatomy, embryology, principles of homoeopathy, etc. Elective subjects of the BHMS program include biochemistry, pathology, parasitology, homoeopathic materia medica, and more. Apart from a one-year-long internship, the students are required to do a case research project, lab sessions, and classroom-based teaching.
The BHMS teaching Methodology includes is an integrated evolving process that comprises lectures, practical sessions, research papers, seminars, group discussions, and internships. The average tuition fee of the BHMS program in India is between INR 80,000 to 9,00,000. The average salary of the BHMS-based professional is between 2 to 12 LPA.
Some of the best options after the BHMS degree program include MSC Medical Anatomy, MSC Neuroscience, MSC Genetics, MBA Healthcare Management, MSC Food & Nutrition, Master of Public Health, and more. The mentioned courses will provide solidity to the educational background of students. Programs fees are detailed for such courses in the following section of this article.
A learner shall seek more information on the BHMS course, eligibility, admission options, fees, etc., in created sections of this article.
BHMS Course Highlights
|BHMS full form||Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery|
|BHMS Course Admission||Entrance-Based (NEET)|
|BHMS Course Fee||Rs. 80,000 to Rs. 10,00,000|
|BHMS Course Salary||3-10 lakhs per annum (Approx)|
|Duration of BHMS Course||5 ½|
|Eligibility For BHMS Course||Physics, Chemistry, and Maths are required topics in 10+2 and account for 50% of the grade.|
|BHMS Course category||Undergraduate|
|Structure Of BHMS Course Programme||Semester|
Who Should Pursue BHMS?
- BHMS students must learn experience and understand analyses and scientific information.
- This curriculum is meant for students who want to rehabilitate or help others.
- This study course is appropriate for those who wish to become homoeopathic doctors. The idea is to help a patient’s self-healing powers.
- This program is appropriate for students who are sensitive and empathic.
When to Pursue BHMS?
- Because homoeopathy is practised all over the globe, the possibilities are limitless. Pupils can even start practising right away. All such advantages are beneficial when this course is taken at the right time.
- After completing the 10+2 degree, candidates get the right time when they are most eligible for pursuing this course.
- The ideal time when the students are suitable for enrolling in this course is at least 17 years. The final selection is based on the entrance exam.
What is BHMS?
The BHMS degree teaches both theoretical and practical abilities in homoeopathy. Homoeopaths must believe in the body’s healing and recovery power and be multitaskers. After training, the student will be an expert. BHMS is ideal for students interested in homoeopathic medicine and surgery. The course is organized into six semesters over five years.
BHMS is a four-tiered study program in homoeopathy and surgery. Homoeopathy is a branch of medicine that uses minerals, plants, animals, and synthetic chemicals to heal. This course takes four years to finish, and some colleges cover it in 5 years. One year of the program is for students to do internships.
Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery is a five-year undergraduate level degree that teaches homoeopathic systems and medicines. It is required that interns at hospitals complete their internships within five years. The primary difference between homoeopathic medicine and allopathy is its emphasis on the body’s natural healing processes.
In homoeopathy, healing occurs from within the body (internally), not externally. It works by activating the body’s own healing mechanisms. Since medicines are diluted and made from natural ingredients, this system of medicine is gaining worldwide recognition. Many students around the globe make a career in this field through the private as well as government sectors.
BHMS Course Details
- To be eligible for BHMS admission, students must have at least a 50% overall result in intermediate.
- Entrance tests are one of the criteria for BHMS admission. PUCET, IPU CET, NEET, KEAM, etc.
- After this course, students can become Ayurvedic doctors. Ayurveda physicians make roughly INR 8 LPA in India.
- DY Patil Vidyapeetham, Goa University, Vinayaka Mission University, Yenepoya University, GGSIPU, etc.
- The BHMS price ranges from INR 12K to INR 30K. The BHMS course fee is around INR 1.5-2 LPA in private institutes.
- Overall, homoeopathy is India’s third-largest healthcare service, helping a large population.
Why Study BHMS after the 12th?
- Homoeopathy is based on “like treats like,” which means that everything harmful in huge volumes may be advantageous in minute doses. The highly diluted substances are used for enhancing the mechanism of self-healing.
- This is an important medical program and the oldest one, i.e., it has a history of 200 years. In the modern world, where advanced medical techniques have evolved, homoeopathy has a high value.
- The approach of homoeopathy is wide. It has become an important part of medical science applications worldwide. It provides the benefit of high salaries and social respect.
BHMS Course Admission
Enrollment for BHMS 2022 will commence in June or July of that year. The university web pages will be opened for students to submit their calls.
The relevant documents will be hand-delivered to the University’s campus office. All photocopies of documents must be authenticated and validated.
Applied students will have to pass entrance tests. Candidates will be notified for the counselling round if they pass the relevant entrance test. Students must pass the admission test with at least 50%. Also, 50% in the intermediate exams is required.
BHMS Admission Process
- The BHMS admission process varies by institute type across the country. Few colleges accept national scale admission exam grades, while others accept statewide or academic entrance exams.
- In some cases, colleges accept students without an entrance exam. These academic institutions only publish the names of qualifying applicants who have passed the 12th grade.
- A lot of colleges and universities value the results of standardized tests. NEET, IPU CET, PUCET, KEAM, and other admission tests are accepted by Delhi University.
- For qualifying or admission test enrollment, students must have a minimum of 45 per cent competency in 10+2. SC/ST understudies get a 5-point boost in the Admission process.
Direct admission in BHMS without NEET
Usually to get admission in the BHMS student need to appear for the NEET exam and must secure good marks in order to get admission but there are few private universities which take direct admission to the course and for that students need to have completed class 12th with the minimum aggregate of 50% marks, after getting selected student need to appear for the Group discussion round and then personal interview and then they can easily apply for the course. BHMS is a bachelor’s degree course with a minimum of 5 years. Those who have completed a bachelor’s can easily practice for Homeopathy in both private and government sectors.
BHMS Course: Learning Modes
Applicants are chosen based on their 12th standard grade point averages and the academic results that qualify them for admission. Then, qualified applicants start calling in to set up a meeting with the team and an interview time. Then, the chosen people are called in for the counselling session.
BHMS Full-time is a degree programme taught through a regular class system and candidate physical attendance. A BHMS, or Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery, degree qualifies a candidate to be designated as a doctor and to practise confidentially.
Every candidate desires to be accepted into a full-time BHMS programme in India. Entrance exams are required for full-time admission to BHMS. Regular classes teach students more practical skills, making them more job-ready.
BHMS Part-Time is a course geared for part-time students who are working professionals. These courses save time and allow students to multitask. Part-Time Like ordinary courses, the BHMS course is rewarding. A BHMS, or Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery, degree qualifies a candidate to practise privately.
The standards are nearly identical to full-time, and the sole difference is that BHMS part-time courses may not require an entrance exam.
Online BHMS Course
Online BHMS is a BHMS study via online platforms. Most of the time, video lectures are the main source, and students gain access to online team courses and record videos. Online BHMS courses are cheaper than full-time or part-time BHMS, and there’s no need to go to class because you can study anywhere you choose. Online courses are also quite cheap.
BHMS Admission Eligibility Criteria
The Admission process of choosing pupils to BHMS coursework differ by the academy, but fundamental eligibility that is nearly identical in all universities is provided below:
- Applicants must have completed the 12th standard of education from a well-known board or institute.
- The cut-off marks for enrolling students vary by university, but the base of 45 is acknowledged on most campuses.
- People who have passed their 10+2 in medical are favoured, but pupils from all fields can join for BHMS courses.
- The BHMS entry requirements also include Admission test credentials. Just pupils who pass the BHMS admission test are admitted to certain establishments.
BHMS Course Syllabus
All of the subjects in BHMS are about Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery, so it’s a good course if you want to learn more about that. Soon, there will be more BHMS classes like Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology and Philosophy of Homeopathy. Some optional subjects are part of the course of study. Almost every semester, there is a class that you can choose to take.
BHMS Entrance Exam 2022
For BHMS enrollment, several entrance exams are held at the nationwide, province, and college levels.
- IPU CET: IPU CET is a university entrance exam for numerous undergraduate and graduate programmes. Also, IPU CET offers the BHMS programme. The IPU CET written test includes Vocabulary, General Awareness, DI, and Analytical Ability. The paper has 120 MCQs.
- KEAM: A state-level admission test known as KEAM is held every year by the Kerala Commissioner of Entrance Examination (CEE). This is where additional streams enter.
- NEET: It is an entrance exam for which arrangements are made by NTA annually. The NEET registrations will start in July 2022 for the upcoming admission session for BHMS courses.
- PUCET: Punjab University conducts an admission test for many UG and PG curriculum programmes. PUCET UG stands for PUCET UG. It will be available in September 2022.
- TS EAMCET: JNTU is the conducting body for TSEAM Common Entrance Test. This entrance exam is of the state-level type and is conducted each year.
BHMS Entrance Exam Pattern
As with all national, state, and academy exams, the BHMS admission test has the same curriculum as all of them. Exam sheet: Homeopathy, Verbal & Legal Reasoning, Math, Current Affairs and Basic Computer Questioning are some of the subjects covered on the admissions test sheet. Several-choice questions are found on the page (MCQs). Negative marking is used on the test, which means one point is taken off for each incorrect answer.
BHMS Colleges in Delhi
Delhi is a major city for learning because it has a lot of colleges. Each of Delhi’s five BHMS Universities is different. It’s called Indraprastha University, and it has Nehru Homeopathic Medical College, JR Kissan Homeopathic Medical College, and DR. BR. Sur Homeopathic Medical College is on its list of colleges.
BHMS Colleges in Mumbai
The BHMS colleges in Mumbai are famous for providing quality education. Top BHMS colleges are SMTCMP HM College, DR. GDPF YMT College, Sai Homoeopathic Medical College, Nityanand Hospital, etc. All the colleges provide BHMS Admission through entrance exams.
BHMS Colleges in Bangalore
After Mumbai and Delhi, Bangalore is the leading city in India for providing education. The BHMS course can also be pursued in Bangalore. The BhagawanBuddha Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital is the top and best educational institute for pursuing BHMS. The cost of study or the average fee for BHMS at these colleges is about INR 1.4 LPA.
BHMS Colleges in Hyderabad
Hyderabad is also home to a lot of universities. There are a lot of colleges here that offer BHMS. Examples: JSPS Government Homeopathic Medical College, MNR Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Devs Homoeopathic College and Hospital, and more are coming soon! It costs about INR 48000 to go to college in Hyderabad and study BHMS.
Scope After BHMS
BHMS candidates are required in private as well as government sectors in India. BHMS degree holders can work as Homeopathy lecturers, professors in institutions, Homeopathy Doctors, Medical Officers, etc. In addition, students can also opt for higher studies for in-depth knowledge of the field. Master of Science in regenerative medicine, Master of science in psychiatry, Master of Science in endocrinology, etc are some of the master’s degrees after BHMS.