D Pharma Course: A diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharma) is a two-year course that can be studied after intermediate or +2 level of studies. It is the basic or entry-level course that is introduced to offer significant knowledge in the specialized field of pharmacy. Candidates who complete the D.Pharma two-year program will have a great opportunity to better their academic profile and find an identical professional career.
Aspirants can go for the Diploma in Pharmacy program after passing senior secondary (12th) with PCM/PCB at a minimum score of 50 per cent. The course fee of the D.Pharma Program varies from institute to institute. However, The average fee for this diploma program ranges from INR 35,000 to INR 69,000.
The diploma contains the core and elective subjects to provide in-depth information about the pharmacy-oriented two-year program. D.Pharma’s core subject includes pharmaceutics, pharmacognosy, biochemistry, clinical pathology, biochemistry, etc. The elective subjects list includes human anatomy, physiology, health education, community pharmacy, drug store business management, hospital clinical pharmacy, and more. The course structure of D.Pharma is designed with four semesters, core subjects, practical labs, and thesis submission.
A diploma in Pharmacy allows students to raise their academic profile in a more effective way. Students shall opt for any of the degrees, and diploma courses amongst BPharm, BPharm Lateral Entry, BPharm Ayurveda, etc. Later, candidates can earn a master’s, and PhD degrees in the same stream. Fees and other significant points can be further understood in the article.
Diploma in Pharmacy acquired candidates from the prestigious UGC-approved institutions should definitely go for the designations of a consultant pharmacist, dispensary pharmacist, community pharmacist, clinical pharmacist, and more. A beginner in the pharmacy profession can earn an average salary of 20,900 INR. However, the average package of the Diploma based pharmacy professionals can be seen between 2-5 LPA.
Students will acquire more information on the Diploma of Pharmacy by following the established sections of this article.
What is D Pharma?
D Pharma or Diploma in Pharmacy is a course of two-year duration. This is intended to teach students who desire to become pharmaceutical specialists. After getting this degree, students become talented enough to be hired in any pharmaceutical setting and foreign company. After getting this degree, students can find jobs such as Pharmacist, Quality Analyst, Medical Transcriptionist, Scientific Officer, and Production Executive.
In this course, the subjects that are taught are relevant to the field of science. Some of these subjects are Pharmaceutics, Biochemistry, Toxicology, Human Anatomy Physiology, Health Education Community Pharmacy, etc. Students are also given practical training to impart special expertise to them.
D Pharma Course Details: An Overview
- The full form of the D Pharma course is the Diploma in Pharmacy. It is taught in the full-time mode.
- Students should have completed the 12th class or comparable in a related subject from a recognized board with an accumulation of at least 50% marks to qualify for this curriculum.
- Admittance to D Pharma course is rooted in either an admissions test or a performance system. The most common entrance exams are JEE Pharmacy, GPAT, and so on.
- In India, universities and colleges’ mean cost of tuition for such a curriculum ranges with both INR 10 thousand and INR 01 lacs per year. The fee range of this course is also dependent on the type of institute you choose to study.
- Many private and public pharmaceutical sectors work in India, where students can find jobs after completing their D Pharma course.
- Some common jobs related to this field are Pharmacist, Quality Analyst, Medical Transcriptionist, Scientific Officer, Production Executive, and soon.
- The mean starting pay for a Pharmacy diploma student varies from INR 2 and 5 lacs per year, with the percentage of the duration of professional experience and expertise in the domain increasing with the multitude of years of professional expertise and skills in the discipline.
- Graduates with the degree of this course will be able to undertake further research projects and formal learning investigation via B Pharma and other Diploma programs.
- This degree program serves as a strong foundation for more research and job opportunities.
All about D Pharma Course
Pharmacy is a basic degree program about the techniques used in the pharmaceutical industry. Students who desire to join initial positions in the pharmaceutical or other medical fields can join this course to gain a bright career with long-term work. Its purpose is to familiarize applicants with the fundamental ideas of drug discovery and development.
The D Pharma course has been designed to provide learners with the skills needed and conceptual understanding. Many morally acceptable subjects covered in this course include human cloning concerns, the allocation of limited resources, the involvement of genetic testing, and the use of stem cells.
D Pharmacy Admission 2022
D.Pharma admission in multiple top-ranked universities is to be started soon for the academic session 2022-23. All students who are looking to get admission in this course should apply for admission by filling out the application form by visiting the official registration portal of the respected university.
The selection of students for D Pharmacy Admission 2022 will be done by most of the universities after the merit list is released by the universities after their previous qualifying exams but in some institutions, there will be entrance exams that will be required to be passed by the applicants in process of admission.
Why Study Diploma in Pharmacy after 12th?
D Pharmacy as a subject does have its range of benefits and possibilities that give it a competitive advantage over other work roles and positions. Several of the chief factors for pursuing D.Pharma training are as follows:
- Pharmacists are vital members of the community because they describe the medical system. They affect the quality of life and well-being of a society’s citizens.
- Pharmacists could indeed specialize in various settings, including nursing homes, hospitals, the overall medical industry, colleges, and others.
- Healthcare is a dynamic and ever-changing field. Aspirants in the healthcare field have numerous opportunities for advancement and advancement. Because it is a 24-hour duty, somebody can perform in either a morning or an evening shift.
- The opportunities for students with good knowledge about the pharmacy sector have grown in the past few years due to multiple reasons, therefore, is a nice opportunity for students for getting admission into the course.
Who Should Pursue D Pharma Course?
Not everyone is eligible and suitable for earning a D Pharmacy degree. There are certain requirements on which students are tested. Following are given the details about the students who are suitable for taking a D Pharma course like:
- Understudies who want to work in the medical field should consider enrolling in a D Pharmacy program.
- Candidates interested in exploring D Pharmacy should have completed their 10+2 in Science with a minimal level of a 50 per cent accumulation.
- Applicants with analytical and problem-solving abilities are best suited for the D Pharmacy program.
When to pursue D Pharma Course?
There is no actual or perfect time at which students can undertake a D Pharmacy degree. However, there are certain moments when students can consider themselves perfect for starting a D Pharmacy degree program, such as:
- Pupils who would like to work in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries should continue pursuing D.Pharmacy training. They will not be able to do so without a graduate assistantship and expertise.
- It is a very profitable study route for candidates because of the reward and greater salary package. Students should acquire all the skills related to it and then start their professional careers.
Types of D Pharma Course
The D Pharmacy study program has now been provided in many modes of study. It was traditionally offered in the full-time mode, but with time, it has taken the modes of part-time and online learning. All such changes are made to facilitate the students and accomplish their needs. This course is typically offered in the following types:
Full-Time D Pharma
A full-time Diploma in Pharmacy is taught through a system of regular classes. It takes two years for completion in this mode. The full-time D Pharmacy is the study program offered in a great number of Indian institutes and has a high enrolment rate than other types of D Pharma courses.
Students are admitted to this course type via merit and entrance exam criteria. Firstly they appear in the exam, and then a list is published after taking their interview and counselling.
Part-Time D Pharma
The part-time D Pharma course is a type of learning that is mostly adopted by working professionals. There is a wide range of institutes that are involved in offering part-time D Pharma courses. The eligibility criteria for this type of learning are the same, just as in the case of full-time learning. Students enrolled in the part-time course will have plenty of time to be involved in jobs simultaneously. It also includes many other advantages that make it best for working adults. After pursuing this course, they become able to claim promotions in their job area.
Online D Pharma
Online mode for taking the Diploma of Pharmacy course has become many students’ first choice in India. This is because the students can access such classes while being at their homes or anywhere else. It is also suitable for working persons to take these classes in their office time as well.
Students can get admission to the D Pharma course based on merit criteria and without appearing in any entrance exam. D Pharma fee in online mode is also affordable, ranging from INR 8000 to INR 90,000 in most institutes.
D Pharma Admission Process 2022
D Pharma is a diploma-level course and for allotting admission to this course most institutions conduct an entrance exam or consider the exam scores of applicants in the entrance exam conducted at the national level or state level. Applicants for admission to the D Pharma course should make sure that they can complete the minimum requirements listed by the university for admission.
After the submission of applications, their eligibility is confirmed. If students have at least 50% marks in 10+2, they are eligible and then called for the entrance exam. Those who qualify entrance exam are listed among the interview students. Each University, after taking the interview, issues a list in which selection is confirmed.
Acceptance to the curriculum is typically predicated on a candidate’s performance on an admissions test. AU AIMEE, GPAT, and other major standardized tests are held for this intent. Several other academic institutions also give merit-based entry. The processing steps in the college admissions procedure are outlined below:
- In the case of merit-based admissions, students will submit their application forms online or offline manner. After submitting the application form, they will be selected directly via the issuance of a merit list.
- When admissions are based on the entrance exam, students will appear in the relevant one and score higher. A round of counselling follows each of the admission tests related to D Pharmacy entries. On completion of all these stages, a final merit list is published, and then students proceed for admissions.
D Pharma Eligibility Criteria
Every candidate who desires to study the D Pharma course and applies for admission must compare his/herself as per the criteria given below:
- The applicant should have finished school from a recognized board with a 12th class diploma or nearly equal.
- Candidates should have completed Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or Mathematics as the subjects of major concern.
- The minimum aggregate percentage of students when they qualify for the 10+2 examination must be not less than 50 per cent.
- All the candidates who will belong to the differently disabled or non-creamy layer (such as the students of the SC/ST category) will benefit from getting a 10% relaxation in the marks criteria.
D Pharma Entrance Exam 2022
D Pharma is considered the path towards making a career in the pharmacy industry. Admission to the D Pharma course is generally conducted after comparing the applicant’s scores in the entrance exam conducted by multiple institutions. Some of the most common exams that are considered by the institutions for D Pharma admission are:
- GPAT: The GPAT is an entrance test of the national scale for admission to Pharmacy training at UG and PG levels. More academic institutions organize merit lists based on learners’ GPAT scores, successive discussion groups, and individual interviews taken for entry to D. Pharm.
- AU AIMEE: AU AIMEE Pharmacy is a year-organized exam by Annamalai University. This is an entrance examination conducted at the level of the state. It is related to the admissions of courses like D Pharmacy, B. Pharmacy, M. Pharmacy, and others related at the UG and PG levels.
D Pharma Course Syllabus
The Diploma in Pharmacy program follows a conventional annual syllabus. The thorough curriculum for the 2 years is listed below. The D Pharma course syllabus might vary to some level depending on the lesson plan of every academy; however, the central tenets and subjects stay constant across the education process providing this specific diploma program.
The subjects included in the 1st year study syllabus of D.Pharmacy are Pharmaceutics-I, Pharma Chemistry, Pathology, Human Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, and Health Pharmacy.
In the 2nd year, the subjects of study are Pharmaceutics-2, Pharma Chemistry-2, Antibiotics, Hypnotics, Pharmacology & Toxicology, Hospital Clinical Pharmacy, and others.
D Pharma Colleges in Delhi
There are almost 9 colleges in Delhi that UGC and other affiliating agencies authorize to provide D Pharmacy courses. Some colleges in these are private, and some are public. Some top pharmacy institutes are DIPSAR, Meera Bai Institute of Technology, DPSRU, JMU, and many others. The lower range of the D Pharmacy course fee is INR 12000, and the upper range of such fees is about INR 1.3 LPA in the colleges in Delhi.
D Pharma Colleges in Mumbai
Many students in India desire to study in the colleges of Mumbai, where one can find about 15 colleges that are offering the D Pharmacy course. Here few top D Pharmacy colleges are the Institute of Chemical Technology, Bombay Institute of Pharmacy, and Principal K.M Kundnani College of Pharmacy, VES College of Pharmacy. Many others. D Pharma is offered in Mumbai public colleges with an average fee of INR 18000, while in private colleges, its fee can be INR 1.8 to INR 4 lacs per year.
D Pharma Colleges in Bangalore
Bangalore is a famous place in India where top colleges are found. Top Pharmacy colleges are ABMRCP, Karnataka College of Pharmacy, MES College of Pharmacy, The Oxford College of Pharmacy, and Dr. HLT College of Pharmacy. Others also include Government College of Pharmacy, Bangalore, TJIMS, Bangalore Group of Institutions, RR Group of Institutions, etc. The range of fees in all these colleges is INR 50000 to INR 170000.
D Pharma Colleges in Hyderabad
At Hyderabad, you can find at least 52 colleges where pharmacy-related courses are offered. This includes Sri Venkateshwara College of Pharmacy being the top D Pharmacy college in Hyderabad with INR 108000. The Avanti Educational Society is the second one with a course fee of INR 68000 government Polytechnic MASAB Tank is a public college with at least a fee of INR 3800.
D Pharma Colleges in Chennai
In Chennai, there are numerous top-ranked institutions and colleges that offer admission into the D Pharma course. Some of the top colleges are BIHER, Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, etc. The average fee that an applicant needs to pay for pursuing the D Pharma course from Chennai is around INR 1,22,000.
Scope after D Pharma Course
As soon as an applicant passes the DPharma course from a recognized institution they put their foot into one of the most reputable and looked-after sectors for jobs. The career scope for the students also gets higher as soon as they pass this course because the demand for experts in the pharmacy sector is always very high.
The average salary package that an applicant can expect to get on passing the DPharma course can get from INR 2.12 LPA to INR 5.65 LPA.