D Pharma Course: Diploma in Pharmacy, commonly referred to as D.Pharma, and the duration of the program is a 2-year academic program that applies the foundation for a career in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industry. In this article, we will delve deep into what D.Pharm is, the career potentials it provides, and many more. The diploma contains the core and elective subjects to provide in-depth information about the pharmacy-oriented program. The course comprises subjects like pharmaceutics, pharmacognosy, biochemistry, clinical pathology, biochemistry, etc.
Diploma in Pharmacy or D.Pharma Course fees can range between Rs 20,000/- to Rs 90,000 per year. The DPharma Course is famous because numerous students apply for this course every year. Students can read this article to learn more about the course.
D Pharma Course Eligibility: In order to be considered for admission to the Diploma in Pharmacy Course, students must have earned a grade point average of 35 percent in the Class 12th (Science stream). In order to enrol in the D Pharma course, the student must be a part of the science Stream.
Diploma in Pharmacy course provides significant knowledge in the specialized field of pharmacy at the basic or entry-level level. The D.Pharma two-year program offers candidates a great opportunity to improve their academic profile and find similar employment opportunities.
The list of elective subjects encompasses options such as human anatomy, physiology, health education, community pharmacy, drug store business management, hospital clinical pharmacy, and additional choices. The D.Pharma program follows a structured format consisting of four semesters, core subjects, practical laboratory components, and a thesis submission requirement.
A diploma in Pharmacy allows students to raise their academic profile in a more effective way. Students shall opt for any of the degrees and diploma courses amongst BPharm, BPharm Lateral Entry, BPharm Ayurveda, etc. Later, candidates can earn master’s and Ph.D. degrees in the same stream. Fees and other significant points can be further understood in the article.
|BA Course||MA Course|
|BBA Course||MBA Course|
|B.Sc Course||M.Sc Course|
|B.Com Course||M.Com Course|
|BCA Course||MCA Course|
|BSW Course||MSW Course|
|BAF Course||BBM Course|
|B.Tech Course||MSC IT Course|
|BEd Course||PhD Course|
What is D.Pharma Course?
D Pharma or Diploma in Pharmacy is a course of two-year duration. This is intended to teach students who desire to become pharmaceutical specialists. After getting this degree, students become talented enough to be hired in any pharmaceutical setting and foreign company. After getting this degree, students can find jobs such as Pharmacist, Quality Analyst, Medical Transcriptionist, Scientific Officer, and Production Executive.
This course covers a number of topics that are important from a scientific point of view, so you should not skip them if you want to be a successful student. There are several related fields of study that are covered in this course, including pharmaceutics, biochemistry, toxicology, human anatomy and physiology, the teaching of health, community pharmacy, and health education. Students are taught theoretically, but they also participate in hands-on activities to help them develop specialized knowledge in addition to theoretical instruction.
Why Study D Pharma from IMTS Institute?
IMTS Institute is one of the renowned institutes that has excelled in assisting students for more than a decade. The institute was established in 2005 with the goal of delivering knowledge, support, and stability to students in the academic part. In excess of 44,900 students have been successfully assisted by the institute in beginning careers over the course of more than 17 years.
If someone looks up the IMTS’s passing percentage, they will discover that it has never dropped below 99. In order to create a powerful nation with a high literacy rate, IMTS is working with a number of prestigious private, state, and federal universities. The Indian educational authorities have also given their approval to the IMTS.
Aspirants must contact us via WhatsApp, phone call, website, or social media in order to be considered for admission to the D Pharma program. The counselor will call you back and ask some basic questions before making recommendations for universities and programs that would be a good fit for you.
The IMTS Institute won’t demand any payment in exchange for the ongoing service. However, students are to pay fees for program admission, and tuition as per the university criteria.
D Pharma Course Details
What happens often is that students want to know more about the Course, But there are various websites and videos that talk about the D.Pharma course. In spite of that, students have no idea about the course. To solve this problem, we have added one section with the name of D Pharma course details. We have shared the necessary information in points so that it will help students.
- The full form of the D Pharma course is the Diploma in Pharmacy. It is taught in the full-time mode.
- Students should have completed the 12th class or comparable in a related subject from a recognized board with an accumulation of at least 35% marks to qualify for this curriculum.
- Admission to the D Pharma course is rooted in either an admissions test or a performance system. The most common entrance exams are JEE Pharmacy, GPAT, and so on.
- In India, D Pharma Course fees at various universities and colleges can vary on different factors. However, the average fees for the course starts from Rs 20,000/- and up to Rs 90,000/- LPA. For the exact fees, one can consider checking out the universities’ authorized web portal.
- Many private and public pharmaceutical sectors work in India, where students can find jobs after completing their D Pharma course.
- Some common jobs related to this field are Pharmacist, Quality Analyst, Medical Transcriptionist, Scientific Officer, Production Executive, and more.
- The mean starting pay for a Pharmacy diploma student varies from INR 2 and 8 lacs per year, with the percentage of the duration of professional experience and expertise in the domain increasing with the multitude of years of professional expertise and skills in the discipline.
- Graduates with the degree of this course will be able to undertake further research projects and formal learning investigation via B Pharma and other Diploma programs.
- This degree program is a strong foundation for more research and job opportunities.
All about D Pharma Course
In the pharmaceutical industry, pharmacy is a program that teaches the techniques employed by the industry. Students who wish to pursue a long-term career in pharmaceuticals or other medical fields can take this course. This course aims to familiarize applicants with the fundamentals of drug discovery and development.
As a result of taking the D Pharmacy course, learners will develop skills and acquire conceptual understanding. A wide variety of topics are covered in this course, including genetic testing, human concerns, and the allocation of limited resources.
D Pharma Admission 2023
D Pharma Courses admission is ongoing in numerous government, private, and state universities or colleges. IMTS Institute, Subharti University, and Mangalayatan University have already released the application form at their official portal. Students who are curious to enroll for the Diploma in Pharma Course can apply for the academic year 2023-24.
30 November 2023 is the deadline to complete the application form process for D Pharma Course Admission 2023. The basic eligibility criteria for the D Pharma course is, that the aspirants who have a complete 10+2 grade from a recognized board with 35% marks are eligible for admission.
Admissions to the Diploma in Pharmacy program at respective universities, colleges, and institutions have been opened on the basis of entrance examination merit or academic merit. Rajasthan University of Health Sciences administers the RUHS-Pharmacy Entrance Test every year to shortlist candidates for admission to the DPharma program.
D.Pharma Course Fees
DPharma Course fees differ at UGC-approved universities because of the type of university and facilities it offers. Universities that have earned a great track record due to their excellence over decades/years are considered to be expensive.
The expensive nature of the fee for the Diploma in Pharmacy program is also seen at private universities. The differences between the fee structure of state-supported and private universities are as follows:
- The annual fee structure of private learning institutions and universities for the Diploma in Pharmacy program ranges from INR 60,000 to INR 1,10,000.
- When it comes to government-allied universities, the fee is estimated at around INR 20,000 to INR 60,000 per year.
D Pharma Eligibility Criteria
Every candidate who desires to study the D Pharma course and applies for admission must compare his/herself as per the criteria given below:
- The applicant should have finished school from a recognized board with a 12th-class diploma or nearly equal.
- Candidates should have completed Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or Mathematics as the subjects of major concern.
- The minimum aggregate percentage of students, when they qualify for the 10+2 examination, must be not less than 35 percent.
- All the candidates who will belong to the differently disabled or non-creamy layer (such as the students of the SC/ST category) will benefit from getting a 10% relaxation in the marks criteria.
Why Study Diploma in Pharmacy After 12th?
D Pharmacy as a subject does have its range of benefits and possibilities that give it a competitive advantage over other work roles and positions. Several of the chief factors for pursuing D.Pharma training are as follows:
- Pharmacists are vital members of the community because they describe the medical system. They affect the quality of life and well-being of a society’s citizens.
- Pharmacists could indeed specialize in various settings, including nursing homes, hospitals, the overall medical industry, colleges, and others.
- Healthcare is a dynamic and ever-changing field. Aspirants in the healthcare field have numerous opportunities for advancement and advancement. Because it is a 24-hour duty, somebody can perform either a morning or an evening shift.
- The opportunities for students with good knowledge about the pharmacy sector have grown in the past few years due to multiple reasons, therefore, is a nice opportunity for students for getting admission into the course.
Who Should Pursue a D Pharma Course?
Not everyone is eligible and suitable for earning a D Pharmacy degree. There are certain requirements on which students are tested. Following are given the details about the students who are suitable for taking a D Pharma course:
- Understudies who want to work in the medical field should consider enrolling in a D Pharmacy program.
- Candidates interested in exploring D Pharmacy should have completed their 10+2 in Science with a minimal level of a 35 percent accumulation.
- Applicants with analytical and problem-solving abilities are best suited for the D Pharmacy program.
When to pursue a D Pharma Course?
There is no actual or perfect time at which students can undertake a D Pharmacy degree. However, there are certain moments when students can consider themselves perfect for starting a D Pharmacy degree program, such as:
Trending Online Courses in India 2023
|Online BA||Online MA|
|Online BBA||Online MBA|
|Online BCA||Online MCA|
|Online BSC||Online MCOM|
|Online BCOM||Online Diploma|
- Pupils who would like to work in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries should continue pursuing D. Pharmacy training. They will not be able to do so without a graduate assistantship and expertise.
- It is a very profitable study route for candidates because of the reward and greater salary package. Students should acquire all the skills related to it and then start their professional careers.
Types of D Pharma Course
D Pharmacy study programme has now been provided in different modes of study. It was usually offered in the full-time mode, but with time, it has taken the modes of part-time and online learning. All such changes are made to encourage the students and complete their needs. This course is typically offered in the following types:
Full-Time D Pharma
A full-time Diploma in Pharmacy is taught through a system of regular classes. It takes two years for completion in this mode. The full-time D Pharmacy is the study program offered in a great number of Indian institutes and has a high enrolment rate than other types of D Pharma courses.
Students are admitted to this course type via merit and entrance exam criteria. Firstly they appear in the exam, and then a list is published after taking their interview and counselling.
Part-Time D Pharma
The part-time D Pharma course is a type of learning that is mostly adopted by working professionals. There is a wide range of institutes that are involved in offering part-time D Pharma courses. The eligibility criteria for this type of learning are the same, just as in the case of full-time learning. Students enrolled in the part-time course will have plenty of time to be involved in jobs simultaneously. It also includes many other advantages that make it best for working adults. After pursuing this course, they become able to claim promotions in their job area. (Part-time DPharma Course is not available for admission).
D Pharma Admission Process 2023
D Pharma is a diploma-level course and for allotting admission to this course most institutions conduct an entrance exam or consider the exam scores of applicants in the entrance exam conducted at the national level or state level. Applicants for admission to the D Pharma course should make sure that they can complete the minimum requirements listed by the university for admission.
After the submission of applications, their eligibility is confirmed. If students have at least 35% marks in 10+2 with science, they are eligible and then called for the entrance exam. Those who qualify for the entrance exam are listed among the interview students. Each University, after taking the interview, issues a list in which selection is confirmed.
Acceptance to the curriculum is typically predicated on a candidate’s performance on an admissions test. AU AIMEE, GPAT, and other major standardized tests are held for this intent. Several other academic institutions also give merit-based entry. The processing steps in the college admissions procedure are outlined below:
- In the case of merit-based admissions, students will submit their application forms online or offline manner. After submitting the application form, they will be selected directly via the issuance of a merit list.
- When admissions are based on the entrance exam, students will appear in the relevant one and score higher. A round of counselling follows each of the admission tests related to D Pharmacy entries. On completion of all these stages, a final merit list is published, and then students proceed to admissions.
Who Should Do D Pharma Course?
Under the Pharmacy Act, a Diploma in Pharmacy provides the necessary qualifications for a pharmacist to practice the profession of pharmacist. Graduates who pursue careers in pharmacy often work directly with physicians in hospitals or community pharmacies. Check out the following points.
- Candidates who want to make a career in the medical and health sector must pursue a D.Pharma programme
- A diploma course in Pharmaceutics can be pursued by those who wish to pursue a career in this field.
- It is also possible to pursue a D Pharmacy degree along with an MBA in Pharmaceutical Management.
D Pharma Entrance Exam 2023
D Pharma is considered the path toward making a career in the pharmacy industry. Admission to the D Pharma course is generally conducted after comparing the applicant’s scores in the entrance exam conducted by multiple institutions. Some of the most common exams that are considered by the institutions for D Pharma admission are:
- GPAT: The GPAT is an entrance test on the national scale for admission to Pharmacy training at UG and PG levels. More academic institutions organize merit lists based on learners’ GPAT scores, successive discussion groups, and individual interviews taken for entry to D. Pharm.
- AU AIMEE: AU AIMEE Pharmacy is a year-organized exam by Annamalai University. This is an entrance examination conducted at the level of the state. It is related to the admissions of courses like D Pharmacy, B. Pharmacy, M. Pharmacy, and others related at the UG and PG levels.
D Pharma Course Syllabus
The Diploma in Pharmacy program follows a conventional annual syllabus. The thorough curriculum for the 2 years is listed below. The D Pharma course syllabus might vary to some level depending on the lesson plan of every academy; however, the central tenets and subjects stay constant across the education process providing this specific diploma program.
The subjects included in the 1st year study syllabus of D. Pharmacy are Pharmaceutics-I, Pharma Chemistry, Pathology, Human Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, and Health Pharmacy.
In the 2nd year, the subjects of study are Pharmaceutics-2, Pharma Chemistry-2, Antibiotics, Hypnotics, Pharmacology & Toxicology, Hospital Clinical Pharmacy, and others.
What are the top colleges in India for D Pharma Courses?
D Pharma Colleges in Delhi
There are almost 9 colleges in Delhi that UGC and other affiliating agencies authorize to provide D Pharmacy courses. Some colleges in these are private, and some are public. The lower range of the D Pharmacy course fee is INR 12000, and the upper range of such fees is about INR 1.3 LPA in the colleges in Delhi. Some top pharmacy institutes in Delhi are:
- Jamia Hamdard University
- Galgotias University
- Meera Bai Institute of Technology
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research
D Pharma Colleges in UP
Many students in India desire to study in the colleges of Uttar Pradesh, where one can find about 15 colleges that are offering the D Pharmacy course. D Pharma is offered in UP public colleges with an average fee of INR 18000, while in private colleges, its fee can be INR 1.8 to INR 4 lacs per year. Here few top D Pharmacy colleges are:
- University of Lucknow
- SHARDA UNIVERSITY
- Galgotias University
- Dr A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Technical University
- Bundelkhand University, Jhansi
- Integral University
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Hind Institute of Medical Sciences
- Noida Institute of Engineering and Technology
- GLA University
- Sarojini Naidu Medical College
- Amity University
D Pharma Colleges in Haryana
Haryana is essentially one of the crucial states for the DPharma program. Alone, the state holds a great number of universities and colleges that provide a chance for aspirants to study the Diploma in Pharmacy (DPharma) program at the standard level. The list of some D.Pharma colleges in Haryana has been given below:
- Global Institute of Technology & Management
- Swami Vivekanand College of Pharmacy
- Bharat Institute of Technology
- Bhagat Phool Singh Mahila Vishwavidyalaya
- Pandit Bhagwat Dayal Sharma University of Health Sciences
- KR Mangalam University
- GD Goenka University
- MVN University
- Shri Ram College of Pharmacy
- Government Polytechnic
D Pharma Colleges in Punjab
Punjab is a famous place in India where top colleges are found. The range of fees in all these colleges is INR 50000 to INR 170000. The admission process to these colleges is based on entrance tests. The top Pharmacy colleges in Punjab are:
- Swami Vivekanand College of Pharmacy
- Government Medical College
- S.D. College of Pharmacy
- IK Gujral Punjab Technical University
- Chandigarh College of Pharmacy
- VMS College of Pharmacy
- Guru Nanak Khalsa College of Pharmacy Ludhiana
- CT University Ludhiana
- ISF College of Pharmacy
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh Polytechnic & Pharmacy College
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research
D Pharma Colleges in Hyderabad
At Hyderabad, you can find at least 52 colleges where pharmacy-related courses are offered. This includes Sri Venkateshwara College of Pharmacy being the top D Pharmacy college in Hyderabad with INR 108000. The Avanti Educational Society is the second one with a course fee of INR 68000 Government Polytechnic MASAB Tank is a public college with at least a fee of INR 3800.
D Pharma Colleges in Chennai
In Chennai, there are numerous top-ranked institutions and colleges that offer admission into the D Pharma course. Some of the top colleges are BIHER, Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, etc. The average fee that an applicant needs to pay for pursuing the D Pharma courses from Chennai is around INR 1,22,000.
What is the Scope after D Pharma Course?
Once a DPharma is completed at a recognized institution, the applicant enters one of the most reputable and sought-after industries. Passing this course will increase the students’ career prospects because of the high demand for pharmacists.
A diploma in Pharmacy is a great initial option to create a future in the Pharmaceutical industry. There are private as well as government companies like Dabar, Cipla, Apollo, Pfizer & more recruits DPharma students. The average salary package that an applicant can expect to get on passing the DPharma course can get from INR 2 LPA to INR 8 LPA.
Students can start their own pharmacy after completing the course. They can work with hospitals as medicine distributors. Students can also apply for other jobs related to medicine like MR.
D Pharma Career Prospect
In India, those with a Doctor of Pharmacy degree can find work in a wide variety of fields. Opportunities abound in both the public and private sectors for individuals who have earned their Doctor of Pharmacy degree. The medical care industry in India is expanding rapidly, which is leading to an increase in the number of job opportunities available in the pharmaceutical industry. Must check out some Job profiles given below:
- D Pharma Career Prospect
- Retail Pharmacist
- Retail Staff Pharmacist
- Clinical Pharmacist
- Hospital Pharmacy Director
- Hospital Staff Pharmacist
- Pharmacist in Charge
- Assistant Professor
- Sales and Marketing Executive
- Food and Drug Administration
- Clinical Research Associate (CRA)
D Pharma Salary
The government of India mainly drives the healthcare sector in India. There are numerous D.Pharma jobs in government institutions. Mainly, the hiring is based on an entrance exam followed by a personal interview of graduates. D Pharma salary in India is around 2-8 Lac per annum in rating level.
FAQs of D Pharma Course
Question 1: Is the D pharmacy difficult or simple to do?
Ans: No, it is not difficult for those who are eager to work toward achieving their goals in this area.
Question 2: Which topic is significant for the D Pharma industry?
Ans: Students must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Math as mandatory courses with a minimum 35% aggregate mark or similar CGPA.
Question 3: Where does D Pharma fit into the concept?
Ans: A diploma in Pharmacy (D. Pharm) is a 2-year course that prepares students to work as pharmacists in hospitals, pharmacies, etc. In India, pharmacists need a diploma to work.
Question 4: After finishing D Pharma, will I open my clinic?
Ans: Pharmacists’ open clinics are not permitted in India by either the Pharmacy Act or pharmacy practice rules