LLB Course: Bachelor’s of Law commonly referred to as LLB is a three-year degree program. The law-oriented degree program “LLB” has been plotted to provide a basic and advanced curriculum in the law field. The program is developed to provide legal professional studies in the mainstream of the subject. Further, students can decide the specializations for which they are willing to make a career. Six semesters program of LLB contains the core and elective subjects. Later, we will take a look at the LLB-driven subjects.
The admission to LLB program relies on the performance of a UG degree from any stream containing social studies. Admissions are offered to the LLB degree program either directly or through an entrance test based. Fees for the LLB degree program begin from INR 10,000 and goes to 85,000 INR. Deposits are allowed via Credit Card, Debit Card, or any other option offered by the institutions.
The LLB program is planned in a manner where students are taught about core, elective, and optional subjects. The core group of subjects includes labour laws, administration, jurisprudence, taxation, contract law, etc. The elective list of subjects for the LLB program is made up of women & law, comparative law, trust & equity, election, media law, healthcare law, and more. Some optional subjects that the program has comprised contract, women & law, criminology, trust, economics law of international level, etc.
Students who have completed the LLB degree and wish to get more solidity in the academic/educational profile can choose the best option amongst the given such as LLM, MA Psychology, MA Public Administration, MA Psychology, MA Social Work, MA Political Science, MA Sociology, or MA History. The fees and other details are given in the sections of this article.
The degree holder of LLB is allowed to work in the employment sectors like law firms, judicial, corporate, etc. The job designation of the LLB-based professional includes judicial clerk, human rights lawyer, cyber lawyer, entrepreneur, legal researcher, public prosecutor, legal & policy analyst, and more. The average salary package of LLB professionals is around INR 3.22 LPA – INR 6 LPA.
More can be discovered about the LLB program in a further section of the article.
Who Should Pursue LLB?
- Students who have an interest in pursuing law practices and learning in brief about the law should or the course.
- Understudies who want to take up a job in law can select an LLB course; however, a Law degree is only a launching pad toward this line of work.
- If individuals accomplish their LLB course, they will earn a high income; when they do the LLM, their salary will start increasing.
- The students who are interested in learning in detail about the law system of any country or judicial system should apply for admission into the LLB course.-
When to pursue LLB?
- Candidates who are certain that they want to take up a job in law can enrol in the LLB course right away. However, if they are unsure, they could express a preference.
- To sustain in the career path of the LLB course, you must have a great deal of self-control and a huge amount of sensible policies.
- Because of the great competition in the career field, pupils must sit for and pass the admissions test.
What is LLB?
The LLB is a three-year undergraduate law degree that leads to the BPTC for barristers or the LPC for lawyers. Not to be confused with a BA in law, which may require a legal, vocational degree to obtain a certificate. It depends on the Indian Institute you choose. This program’s major courses include corporate law, cyber law, international law, family law, and criminal law.
The Bachelor of Legislative Law is a three-year UG degree in law. Anyone with a high school diploma and a desire to work in the legal area can pursue this degree. The program graduates can either seek a career or further their studies with LLM or PhD in Legislative Law. Aside from LLB Classes, the country has several prominent law schools that provide degree programs, including BBA LLB, BSc LLB, BA LLB, LLM, etc.
LLB Course Details
- LLB course stands for Bachelor of Legislative Law.
- This course teaches students about law and legislation. After mastering these abilities, students apply them in the judicial system.
- The LLB degree program requires a 50 per cent aggregate score on the 10+2 final exam.
- SRM University, for example, offers merit-based admissions for LLB students.
- These are some of the legal schools in India that offer LLB courses.
- The course fee at these and other legal schools in India ranges from INR 2.5 to 4 lacs per year.
- LLB graduates can work in judicial institutions, government agencies, and multinational corporations.
- Advocate, lawyer, law officer, corporate lawyer, paralegal, lecturer, legal associate, etc.
- In India, various law firms pay law PR actioners between INR 25 and INR 30 lacs each year. However, students who become lawyers after law school can earn INR 5 to 10 LPA, with higher potential, INR 18 to 20 LPA.
Why Study LLB after 12th?
There are multiple explanations why someone might continue pursuing LLB classes rather than just one. For your convenience, several of them are listed below:
- Individuals will discover that pursuing a law degree could indeed take them anywhere.
- Acquiring a degree in law does not ensure quick results or a great deal of money, and it comes even close. Compared to people not having this relevant degree, individuals will have more employment rights and decent pay.
- Law graduates develop the skills and acquire knowledge to evaluate both edges of complicated problems or situations and devise the optimal answer supported by appropriate rationale and logical analysis.
- Several degree holders achieve experience in various enterprises, and several become widely esteemed leaders of the world.
LLB Course Admission
LLB Admission 2022 will be based on two types. One is the merit, and the other is the entrance exam type taken for providing admissions. The details for both admissions types are given as:
- When admissions are merit-based, a merit list is created by the related institutes based on the previous 12th-degree marks of students. After preparing the list, it is published, and students can access it through the official webpage.
- In the case of entrance exam performance-based admissions, exams such as SET SLAT, TS LAWCET, DU LLB, AP LAWCET, and others are conducted. Different universities organize these exams, and one of those is Osmania University.
LLB Admission Process
Entrance tests are typically used for LLB admission. However, certain universities may provide entry based on merit in some situations. Therefore, to register for any LLB program in tip-top shape, one should meet all of the requirements mentioned in detail below for your convenience.
- SRM University, for example, makes a “mark-off” list, and students who meet the requirements can apply to take an LLB class there.
- Symbiosis International University, Delhi, Osmania, and Sri Krishnadevaraya are some of the universities that have entrance exams for their LLB programs.
- There are a lot of exams that you can take to get into law school, like the LSAT, CLAT, AILET, AILET, TS LAWCET, SET SLAT, and AP LAWCET.
LLB Course Learning Modes
LLB is a broad field of study in and of itself. Learners can take degrees in various modes, including Full-Time LLB, Part-Time LLB, Online LLB, and others. For your convenience, a brief description of the program specifics for every one of the categories of LLB studies is provided here.
The Full-Time LLB course lasts three years and is semester-based, and some colleges provide it for 5 years. Students learn about the country’s laws and constitution in this type of course and learn about the legislation.
A student pursuing this degree from a recognized academic institution has many options. Candidates who obtain a three-year LLB degree at a prestigious university like NLUs will be hired in high-level positions. A candidate can enter the 3 year LLB degree after graduating in practically any subject. The Bar Council of India (BIC) initially set the age limit at thirty but recently increased it to 30 to 45.
LLB offered in Part-Time mode is now appreciated by various students because it seems to be easier for them to complete their studies. Every working person in India now adopts part-time learning for accomplishing higher degrees. There is an almost equal value for the part-time LLB courses, just like the full-time LLB course.
Applicants seeking this course through a well-accredited college might expect a good wage and be able to establish a secure and renowned profession. Applicants wishing to apply to this degree must have completed their 10+2 standard with a minimum of a 50% average grade.
Pursuing an Online LLB degree is beneficial in many ways. Firstly, it follows students’ convenience; they can easily acquire access to such classes. Secondly, the chances of jobs after pursuing an online LLB degree remain almost the same as for the full-time LLB degree.
Many institutions adopt the online mode for offering LLB courses. IGNOU is one of the leading choices of students for all kinds of distance learning courses. This online LLB has almost the same eligibility criteria as required for the other types. Students in this path also need a 10+2 certificate.
LLB Eligibility Criteria
Below are indeed the qualifying conditions that applicants must meet:
- Individuals looking to enter LLB courses must have a minimum of 45 per cent grade point average in 12th Standard and pass the admissions test applying for entry to LLB programs.
- To pursue a basic LLB degree, students must have graduated from a recognized institution with at least 45 per cent good scores or a comparable Grade point average.
- If anyone has already completed a degree in any discipline, one can easily undertake an LLB for three years by passing the required entry tests.
- In India, there is no maximum age for pursuing an LLB course.
BA LLB Course
The BA LLB course is an integrated course that is offered for admission by several reputed institutions and universities for students who have an interest in pursuing the LLB course but haven’t pursued a bachelor’s level education. The duration of this integrated program of the BA LLB course is of 5 years in which the applicant only has to apply for admission once into the BA program and get to complete the LLB course in one take.
LLB Course Syllabus
The LLB course syllabus covers all aspects of law in three years. Topics include criminal law, administrative law, and civil procedure. The LLB curriculum is structured into four semesters, each with a separate but similar set of studies. Jurisprudence, HR & International Law, LEA, Conciliation & Alternative, Land Laws including ceiling and other local laws are some subjects studied in LLB. Topics like criminal and civil process codes are used in tax court cases.
LLB Entrance Exam
In several Indian universities, there are many entry tests linked with LLB admission. Some of the popular LLB admission exams are given as below:
- CLAT: Each candidate who aspires to get admission for LLB at NLU will have to qualify for the CLAT entrance exam. The application process for CLAT 2022 will begin in the mid of January 2022. Students need to have 45% marks in the 12 classes to become eligible for CLAT.
- Ts LAWCET: A common entrance test for LLB admission within the Telangana state. The TS LAWCET registration portal will open in March 2022.
- SLAT: Symbiosis University conducts SLAT each year for providing LLB admission. This year its registrations will start in May 2022.
- Ap LAWCET: On behalf of APSCHE, Krishnadevaraya University conducts this entrance exam each year. This exam is specifically designed to conduct LLB admissions for Andhra Pradesh.
- DU LLB Entrance: The DU LLB entrance exam is held every year to provide LLB courses at Delhi University. This entrance exam is of the university level, and it will be conducted will collaboration with NTA.
LLB Entrance Exam Pattern
The syllabus for different law entrance exams is almost the same. Let us discuss the syllabus of the popular CLAT law admission entrance exam. This exam has five sections: Current Affairs, Legal Reasoning, English Language, and Logical Reasoning. The marking scheme in this entrance test is that 0.25 marks are deducted for each wrong response, and 1 mark is given for a right response. There may be some CLAT 2022, but almost all things will remain the same.
LLB Colleges in Delhi
Delhi has 148 colleges that offer LLB courses; 29 are public, and 119 colleges are private. The top law colleges in Delhi are numerous, and however, some are the IIL, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, NLU, School of Law IIMT, etc. At Delhi law colleges, the fee range is INR 5000 to INR 140000.
LLB Colleges in Mumbai
For students living in Mumbai, there are approximately 36 legal colleges. Pupils have several colleges to pick from. The cost of tuition for leading law schools in Mumbai is between INR 10K and INR 2 LPA. Top Mumbai law colleges are GLC, Siddharth College of Law, Rizvi Law College, SNDT Women’s University, GJALC, Mumbai University, DR BR Ambedkar College of Law, JCCL, PES Law College, and so on.
LLB Colleges in Bangalore
Nearly 50 colleges in Bangalore lawfully teach legislative law. INR 200000 for private colleges and INR 20000 for public colleges in Bangalore. KLE Society Law College, BCWCLC, Seshadripuram Law College, and Sarvodaya Law College Many other law schools exist, such as the Oxford College of Law, Al-Ameen College of Law, Panchami College of Law, etc.
LLB Colleges in Hyderabad
In Hyderabad, there are about 20 law schools that offer classes. There are LLB schools in Hyderabad that start at INR 20000 and go up to INR 2 LPA. Some of the best universities are Osmania University, the DR. B.R. Ambedkar Open University, and Mahindra University, which is one of them.
Scope for LLB Course
The students who get enrolled on the LLB course get the opportunity for building a successful and strong career as the law firm is stated as one of the most significant and strongest communities for jobs. On getting admission in the LLB course an applicant can apply for jobs at various law profiles, they can appear in court hearings, etc.
The average salary package that an applicant can expect on passing an LLB course is around INR 5.42 LPA to INR 8.86 LPA.