MBA Course: The full form of an MBA is Master of Business Administration, and it is a postgraduate degree that focuses on developing managerial skills in students with the help of training-based subjects such as organizational behavior, marketing principles, operations management, supply chain management, etc. There are dozens of specializations, which we shall learn about in the article ahead.
Eligibility Criteria: A bachelor’s degree is a prerequisite for admission to any Indian university, institution, or college offering an MBA program. Aspiring individuals also need to earn a minimum of 50 percent in the qualifying degree.
Course Fees: The four-semester advanced degree program—MBA— fees hugely vary in private and public institutions/universities. The fee for the Master of Business Administration program typically goes from the minimum but an average value of INR 30,000 to INR 55,000 yearly.
Entrance Examination: Normally, admission to regular, online, and even distance universities for MBA programs is based on merit and dependent on the university, state, or national-level entrance examinations. Some famous entrance examinations for MBA admissions are Common Admission Test (CAT), Management Aptitude Test (MAT), Common Management Aptitude Test (CMAT), etc.
IMTS Institute will guide a non-entrance test way for admission to MBA degree programs in the distance and online modes. The process of admission is shared in the upcoming session.
|BA Course||BBA Course|
|B.Sc Course||B.Com Course|
|BCA Course||BSW Course|
|BAF Course||BBM Course|
|B.Tech Course||BEd Course|
Online/Distance Learning Admission
Students can obtain free career counseling for the MBA degree program in addition to admission guidance by following the instructions provided below.
- It is first required to visit the IMTS Institute website.
- There—click on the registration form.
- Fill it up and submit it with genuine information to get a call back from the IMTS Institute counseling department.
- The phone call generally opens the gate to students for counseling sessions.
- Enrolled students would be required to select counseling mode between online and offline as well as time to begin the process.
- The attending counselor needs a minimum amount of academic and personal information from showing students in order to share the best university and future career opportunities.
- Students may pay the MBA course fee by themselves at the suggested colleges or universities.
- Candidates living in the countryside or at a far distance are encouraged to contact the admission department of IMTS Institute at 92 10 98 98 98 for a fee deposit and completion of the admission process.
- The contact number remains constantly accessible from 10 am to 7 pm on working days.
No fee would be needed to pay for the counseling session at IMTS Institute until admission.
MBA Course Details
|Full Form||Master of Business Administration|
|Level||Post Graduate Degree|
|Types of MBA Courses||Regular MBA, Distance MBA, Online MBA, Integrated MBA|
|Minimum Eligibility Required||Bachelor’s Degree|
|Fee Structure||30,000 to 55,000 Per Annum*|
|Average Salary||INR 3 to 10 Lakhs Per Annum*|
|MBA Selection Process||Entrance Exam/ Merit-Based (Private Colleges or Universities)|
|Popular Entrance Exams||CAT, MAT, XAT, SNAP, ATMA, CMAT, NMAT, GMAT|
|Top MBA Specialization in India||Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, IT, Operations, Digital Marketing, Business Analytics|
|Top MBA Recruiters||Amazon, Flipkart, Google, Nike, Deloitte, Apple, Microsoft, Tesla, LinkedIn, and Top Banks.|
There are three modes of studying for an MBA: regular, online, and distance learning. It is an excellent postgraduate program with excellent career prospects. In terms of job opportunities, an MBA is the most promising degree.
After completing the MBA degree program, applicants must choose effective and sound profiles: Marketing Manager, Chief Technology Officer, Financial Manager, Health Services Manager, Information Technology Director, etc. The average MBA salary ranges from 3 to 10 LPA.
|MA Course||MBA Course|
|M.Sc Course||M.Com Course|
|MCA Course||MSW Course|
|MSC IT Course||PhD Course|
MBA Course Admission 2023
MBA admission for the 2023 session is open for new candidates at numerous universities, such as IPU, Manipal, LPU and many more. Admission has started in an online format, and assumingly both Manipal and LPU will accept applications by the second week of May.
Those students who have not yet made up their minds due to the question of not finding suitable universities for themselves can contact us. The IMTS Institute will listen to your query, and suggest the best possible answers.
Aspiring students can contact us via Whatsapp, social media, telephone/mobile, and submit the query form available here on the website. Our counseling team will contact you as soon as possible.
To answer your MBA admissions-related questions, we will need some basic information from you so that we can provide you with the best possible answers. You can reach out to us by sending us a ping, and we will get back to you right away. There is no charge for this service from the IMTS Institute.
MBA Course Eligibility Criteria
Students who meet the minimum requirements outlined in the sections below are eligible for admission to the MBA advanced degree program.
- BBA General/BBA Hons or Any relevant degree from a recognized or accredited university.
- Qualifying degree examination should have a duration of three years.
- Admission to the MBA program requires a minimum passing score of 50%.
- Most often, universities create a merit list based on the results of the entrance exam and qualifying examination to narrow down the pool of applicants.
MBA Course Admission Trending News
- The OJEE 2023 Entrance Registration for MBA Course Admission has started at www.ojee.nic.in. Applications are due on 8 June 2023.
- Admissions for the MBA course at Annamalai University have begun. Applications must be submitted by 15 July 2023.
- IIT Allahabad is accepting applications for MBA programs through its online portal. Applicants must submit their applications by 05 June 2023.
- The application deadline for MGU MBA course Admission 2023 is 31 May 2023.
- The application deadline for the MBA Course at Dibrugarh University is 13 August 2023.
- Registration for MGU MBA Course begins, and the application deadline is 31 May 2023.
- Panjab University is accepting applications for its MBA program for the session 2023. Applications must be submitted by 31 May 2023.
- Jammu University has opened the application process for the MBA TTM course for the session 2023-25. The application deadline is 31 May 2023.
- Chandigarh University has opened the application portal for MBA Course Admission under CUCET 2023. The deadline to apply is 29 May 2023.
MBA Fees in India
The fee of the MBA program varies from university to university, but the factors that go into building up the fee of the program are registration, admission, and tuition. The private, state, central and deemed-to-be universities normally charge around INR 30,000 to 55,000 per year fee.
The universities do not ask for the course fee all at once; in fact, students are permitted to pay the fee semester-wise or annually. The list below includes some universities that can be highlighted to provide an idea of the MBA fee structure.
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (IPU) held a fee for the MBA program of INR 76,000.
- Delhi University’s Faculty of Management Studies asks for the amount of INR 1.92 Lakhs for the MBA.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) Course fee for the MBA program is 62,000 Indian rupees.
- IMTS MBA Course fee are INR 24,000 to 40,000 per year* (Depending on University, as per student eligibility criteria & Requirements)
MBA Course Admission Process 2023
The MBA admissions process adheres to the principles of bachelor’s performance or entrance exam/qualifying exam scores. The sections that follow will help us understand how to apply for admission to the various MBA degree programs.
Qualifying Exam-Based Merit Admission
Admission with the help of qualifying exam merit is the simplest way to get admission to the MBA program. The responsible universities for this way of granting admission shortlist candidates as per their scores in the bachelor’s degree program.
Candidates who have been shortlisted or pre-selected must finish the admissions process by verifying their documentation and paying the necessary fees before the deadline. Universities like NMIMS, DY Patil, etc., offered admission directly without the entrance test.
MBA Course Entrance Test 2023
Mostly, the universities in India follow the pattern of entrance tests before offering any seat for MBA programme to aspirants. The procedure for admission via this route entails adding the results of the qualifying degree examinations and the entrance examinations to produce a merit list.
Trending Online Courses in India 2023
|Online BA||Online MA|
|Online BBA||Online MBA|
|Online BCA||Online MCA|
|Online BSC||Online MCOM|
|Online BCOM||Online Diploma|
The merit list is typically posted on the university’s official website, but some also announce it on notice boards around campus so that students can find their names there. The admissions process, which includes document verification, a personal interview, and a fee deposit to confirm admission, must be completed by all applicants whose names appear on the list.
The following sections provide examples of some entrance exams that are administered at the university, state, and central levels for admission to MBA programs.
- Common Admission Test (CAT)
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)
- Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)
From the article’s next section, let’s learn more about each in depth.
Common Admission Test (CAT)
The “CAT” entrance exam is well-known among students. The Indian Institute of Management administers it in computer-based test (CBT) mode, enabling students to fulfill their dream of enrolling in an MBA program at a top-tier management university. The cost of the CAT exam application form is 2300 Indian rupees, which applicants must pay online.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT):
GMAT is one of the Major entrance tests for MBA course admission accepted by various Private and Govt universities. It is a Computer based test that conducts to check applicants quantitative, verbal, analytical writing and reading skills in standard written English skills. Candidates can fill out the applications according to dates.
Common Management Admission Test (CMAT):
The online test “CMAT” is a national-level entrance examination conducted by the National Testing Agency. The three-year online program comes up with the phenomenon of proposing the admission opportunity at AICTE-approved colleges in India. The male and female candidates application form cum examination form fees are INR 2,000, and INR 1,000 respectively.
Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT):
The management entrance examination “XAT” is conducted or administered by the XLRI, Jamshedpur, for admission to over 160 colleges across the nation. The exam, too, is held in computer-based test (CBT) mode and consists of 105 questions. Candidates will have to pay INR 2000 to sit in on the XAT examination.
Types of MBA Course
A variety of MBA program learning mode have emerged, targeting specific types of learners due to the high demand for MBA course. A Distance MBA or Online MBA can be studied by people who are already employed. Below is a list of the different types of MBA programs.
Regular MBA Course;
In the Full-time/Regular MBA program, classes are regularly held in a physical setting. A fixed schedule of classes is provided for the students’ benefit. Both theory and practical classes are included in the curriculum. Industrial visits are offered as part of MBA programs in top companies. Placements in top MNC’s offer better career opportunities to Regular MBA course students.
- An MBA program consists of a structured, comprehensive curriculum offered over 2 years.
- A full-time degree in management provides students with the opportunity to learn management skills.
- This course is most popular with students, and the fee ranges from INR 1 LPA to INR 30 LPA.
- Full-time/Regular MBA programs are available in HR, Marketing, Finance, and more than 50+ specializations. The program is also offered through an entrance exam.
Distance MBA Course;
For those who cannot take a full-time MBA programme due to many circumstances, such as lack of funds or busy work schedules, a Distance MBA is an excellent study option. It is an affordable and flexible option for MBA candidates who do not need to attend classes regularly. A hybrid method is used for distance MBA classes. Some institutes or centers may require students to visit on weekends. The UGC/AICTE recognizes distance MBA programs.
- Graduates of any recognized college or university are eligible to apply for the Distance MBA programme.
- Distance MBA programs do not have any age restrictions.
- Distance MBA courses are flexible in terms of duration. Depending on the student’s capabilities and convenience, the program can be completed in 2 to 5 years.
- Distance MBA programs are more affordable and accessible than regular MBAs because of their lower fees. INR 30,000 to INR 1.5 lakh Per Year is the average distance MBA fee.
Top Distance MBA Specializations in India
Online MBA Course;
The Online MBA is a two-year PG degree in business administration that covers all aspects of a regular MBA. Working professionals who don’t want to interfere with their jobs or studies should strongly pursue this program. As a result, it can be used as an additional course or qualification to enhance skills or knowledge. Only graduates or professionals can enroll in an online Master of Business Administration (MBA). The fees for an online MBA course are lower than those for a regular MBA course, which range from INR 40,000 to INR 2 LPA Per Year.
Key Features of an Online MBA
- In addition to providing flexibility, distance learning students can complete the MBA program at their own pace.
- In terms of fees, this is also a cost-effective course for employment professionals.
- With an online MBA, you can tailor your career needs without working or for personal reasons.
- It is required that students hold a degree from a recognized university with at least 50% of the total points.
- Online MBA programs are open to students of any age.
Why Study MBA Course from IMTS Institute?
IMTS Institute has a remarkable reputation in the education arena. The Institute which came in the year 2005, has helped thousands of students reach a successful destination.
The establishment of IMTS has been made to pass counter difficulties students face while looking for program admission at any university in India.
The institute lay down a solid foundation for students to stand upon, and see the opportunities in various universities in India. IMTS institute represents a phenomenal score of 99 percent in passing for the past 17 years which shows consistency at another level.
MBA is a postgraduate-level degree program. Students who want to get admission to an MBA course through IMTS Institute-affiliated universities must fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- Students must have a BBA or equivalent degree with at least 50% marks from UGC-approved universities in India.
- The minimum percentage for the reserved categories is 45%.
- Students can download the IMTS Institute MBA Prospectus Here.
The MBA PG Advanced degree program in the reputed private, central, and state universities associated with IMTS Institute held a different program fee. The fee for an MBA degree program is INR 30,000 to 55, 000 Per Year.
MBA Course Duration:
MBA is also known as Master of Business Administration, and the duration of the MBA course is a 2-Years. Students who want to take admission to this course must have a bachelor’s degree with at least 45% marks from a recognized university. Students can pursue different types of MBA programs, such as part-time MBA, Integrated MBA, Online programs, and more.
MBA Course Specializations List in India:
- MBA in Marketing
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Banking
- MBA in Human Resources
- MBA in Information technology
- MBA in International Business
- MBA in Digital Marketing
- MBA in Hospitality Management
- MBA in Media Management
- MBA in Construction Management
- MBA in Fashion Designing
- MBA in Material Management
- MBA in Operations Management
- MBA in Project Management
- MBA in Quality Management
- MBA in Textile Management
- MBA in Total Quality Management
- MBA in Rural And Marketing Management
- MBA in Shipping And Port Management
MBA in Marketing:
MBA in marketing is a 2 year postgraduate degree program. It’s a specialization of MBA that discusses marketing strategies, promotion, and branding. Currently, MBA marketing is one of the most popular specializations among MBA students. Since almost every business and organization needs marketing to compete against big competition, the scope of an MBA in marketing has become very wide.
An MBA in marketing can earn anywhere from INR 3 lakh to INR 20 lakh, depending on seniority, company, and sector. There are many leading recruiters, including Tata Consultancy Services, Vodafone, Amazon, Citibank, HDFC Bank, and Kotak Mahindra Bank. Marketing graduates are hired by FMCG giants (such as HUL, P&G, Marico) and international advertising agencies such as Ogilvy, DDB Mudra, McCann Erickson, etc.
MBA in Digital Marketing:
MBA in Digital Marketing is a 2-year PG Course focused on promoting and advertising products, services or brands through electronic or digital media. Students with an MBA Course in digital marketing gain technical knowledge of digital platforms. According to a report by Forbes, digital marketing jobs are among the top 10 trending jobs in India, earning an average salary of INR 5 LPA. MBA in Digital Marketing is one of the top MBA specializations in demand. The average annual fees range from INR 3,000 to INR 20,000.
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university/college/institute in any discipline such as BBA, BA, B.Sc, B.Com, or BCA. There are many career opportunities available after completing a master’s degree in Digital Marketing Management, including SEO Executive, Digital Marketing Executive, Social Media Manager, Advertising Executive, Brand Reputation Officer, and much more. There are many job opportunities for MBA in Digital Marketing Professionals at top brands such as Google, Amazon, LinkedIn, Facebook, Swiggy, Flipkart, Zomato, and Accenture.
MBA in Finance
Master of Business Administration or MBA in Finance is available to professionals or students who want or making a career in the financial department. The course consists of topics like finance, accounting, credit risk management, international finance, stock portfolio, &, more. According to a recent survey, One of the top MBA specializations includes finance, as it leads to the best salary packages and designations. Being that much reputed, also allow getting opportunities in MNCs like Ernst & Young, Capgemini, Deloitte, Boston Consulting Group & more. The average annual fee of an MBA Finance Course is Rs 20,000 to Rs 5 Lakhs.
MBA in International Business
Master of Business Administration is now available in a specialization known as International Business or IB. Many top institutes provide the MBA IB course in different modes like distance, online, and full-time. International Business is all about the development of international market companies in Indian domestic markets. Also, the course includes different topics like foreign trade policies, foreign trade market, forex risk & much more.
Any graduates after completing this 2-year-long course can apply to various MNCs across the nation. Companies like Accenture, Walmart, and Siemens & more recruit professionals after an MBA in International Business on an average package of INR 12 LPA to 21 LPA.
MBA in Entrepreneurship
Master of Business Administration or MBA in Entrepreneurship gives the learner a righteous understanding of production & operations management, business policy, business communication, financing, managing, and marketing new ventures, and more. There are various job roles that students can opt for after completing the course such as Product Manager, Innovation Consultant, etc.
The average salary after completing the MBA Entrepreneurship course would be nearly INR 50,000 to 70,000. This course has various benefits The main benefit MBA in Entrepreneurship it will provide students with brief knowledge about business with good conceptual clarity before starting a business is and it will transmit to students the required knowledge, skills, and training of how to start a business and run it successfully and strategies to grow a business.
Why Choose MBA Course?
Master’s degree program MBA is very popular among youth for more than a decade. What is the reason? Why do students like to study in MBA programs? What makes an MBA a unique degree? The answers to these questions will be revealed in the upcoming sections.
Candidates seeking management and leadership positions should enroll in the MBA program in management and business. A career-focused program provides students with a wealth of experience and prepares them for opportunities in the workplace.
Without a management team, no organization can function. This is where this degree comes into play. The curriculum of the MBA course is made up in a manner that students get sufficient theoretical knowledge, and practical experience.
The Master of Business Administration advanced degree program offers students the ideal environment to develop the following skills:
- Leadership, negotiation, and Management.
- Communicational skills.
- Decision-making that is calculated and analytical.
- Data collection and networking.
Candidates have the opportunity to demonstrate their skills on a professional level after completing the MBA degree program at a university that has received UGC approval. The professional entry allows them to get decent salary packages of INR 7-10 LPA at the beginning of their careers. Following post-graduation, candidates may find employment as a manager, media planner, business owner, assistant manager, HR executive, etc.
When to pursue MBA Course?
- Top MBA schools want applicants with at least 2-3 years of job expertise.
- Because of the large monetary incentives, the Master of Business Administration is in short supply. As just a consequence, obtaining an MBA degree seems to have become cost-prohibitive.
- Learners should have a monetary plan in place. Most people cannot bear an MBA and leave during their studies.
|BA Course||MA Course|
|BBA Course||MCom Course|
|BCOM Course||MSW Course|
|BSC Course||BBM Course|
|BTech Course||BEd Course|
|BBA Course||MCA Course|
|BCA Course||MSC Course|
|BSW Course||MSC IT Course|
MBA Course Syllabus 2023
The duration of the Master of Business Administration is two years. If we talk about the MBA syllabus in India, then the MBA syllabus varies from university to university. Below, we have provided students’ complete MBA syllabus (tentative) for 2023. For accurate information, visit the official website of the university/college.
MBA Subjects for 1st Semester
|Principles of Marketing Management|
|Business Communication and Soft Skills|
|Organizational Behavior 1|
|Corporate Social Responsibility|
|Quantitative Methods and Statistics|
|Tools and Framework of Decision Making|
|Principles of Accounting|
MBA Subjects for Semester 2
Optimization and Project Research
|Organizational Behavior 2|
MBA Subjects for 3rd Semester
|Supply Chain Management|
Corporate Governance and Business Ethics
|Corporate Finance 2|
MBA Subjects for Semester 4
International Business Environment
Top 10 MBA Colleges/Universities in India Based on NIRF Ranking 2023
|Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad||1|
|Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Bangalore||2|
|Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta||3|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi||4|
|Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Kozhikode||5|
|Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Lucknow||6|
|Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Indore||7|
|XLRI – Xavier School of Management||8|
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai||9|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras||10|
Top 10 Government MBA College/University List in India 2023
|S.N||Name of Institution for MBA Course (Government Colleges)|
|1||Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi | (FMS-Delhi)|
|2||Indian Institute of Foreign Trade New Delhi | (IIFT-New Delhi)|
|3||Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad | (IIM-Ahmedabad)|
|4||Indian Institute of Management Bengaluru | (IIM-Bengaluru)|
|5||Indian Institute of Management Kolkata | (IIM-Kolkata)|
|6||Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode | (IIM-Kozhikode)|
|7||Indian Institute of Management Lucknow | (IIM-Lucknow)|
|8||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi | (IIT-Mumbai)|
|9||National Institute of Industrial Engineering Mumbai | (NITIE-Mumbai)|
|10||Shailesh J Mehta School of Management Mumbai | (IIT-Mumbai)|
Top 10 Private College/University List in India 2023
|S. No.||Name of Private Institution for MBA Course|
|1||Amity University, Noida|
|2||Chandigarh University, Punjab|
|3||Lovely Professional University, Punjab | (LPU-Punjab)|
|4||Management Development Institute, Gurgaon | (MDI-Gurgaon)|
|5||Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad | (MICA-Ahmedabad)|
|6||NMIMS School of Business Management, Mumbai | (NMIMS-Mumbai)|
|7||S P Jain Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai | (SPJIMR-Mumbai)|
|8||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune | (SIBM-Pune)|
|9||Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar | (XIMB-Bhubaneswar)|
|10||Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur | (XLRI-Jamshedpur)|
Top 10 MBA Colleges in Delhi
|S. No.||College Name|
Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi
International Management Institute
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
New Delhi Institute of Management
Dr B. R. Ambedkar University Delhi
Institute of Information Technology Management
|9||Jamia Millia Islamia University|
|10||Delhi School of Management|
Top 10 MBA Colleges in UP
|S. No.||College Name|
Jaipuria Institute of Management
Birla Institute Of Management Technology
Banaras Hindu University
Institute of Management Technology
Aligarh Muslim University
Shiv Nadar University
Amity Business School, Amity University
Frequently Asked Questions?
Ques 1: What is MBA?
Ans: As the name suggests, the Master of Business Administration, It is PG level degree in business and management that focuses on leadership skills and management abilities.